Due in October 2017 Chat Thread :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#1 kSel86

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hi all,

I thought I would open a general chat thread for us all to communicate through.

Am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all and wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months ahead :)

xx

Edited by kSel86, 03 February 2017 - 08:32 AM.

#2 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

Great idea.

How is everyone feeling so far and what are your next steps?

I have nausea in the morning, but it goes away as soon as I eat something. It was pretty bad this morning, I really had to force down a biscuit and then I was fine. I really hope it doesn't get any worse - nausea/vomiting is almost a phobia for me :no2:

I have a spare blood test referral which I might use on the weekend just to see how my numbers look, and then an appointment with my GP on Monday to do the hospital referral. Dating scan on the 11th at 6+5.

So excited and nervous - I wish time would start moving a bit faster!!

#3 Pigling_

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Nothing very exciting happening here yet really. Feeling bloated on and off and a bit worn out but other than that no real symptoms. Which is both good and bad but I'm expecting them to hit once I get a bit further along.

Initial GP appt on the 13/2. I love my GP but he is based where I work - which is an hour away from where I live and my local hospital. So I'm thinking I'll have to find a local GP unfortunately - hopefully can get some recommendations. Will probably get a dating scan just to confirm dates and see what is recommended from there.

#4 kSel86

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Got results back from second hcg blood test first one Monday morning was 851 and Thursday lunch time was 2650 so am very happy with that increase. next up is scan and follow up appointment in two weeks.

Not talking to DH atm, he's being such a *** lol. He's got the cranks cos I'm now working and not able to go to his parents for a BBQ (which neither of us want to go to but now I'm working that day and he still has to go haha). I have just returned to work very casually since having 5 yrs off and I think he is struggling with the fact that my shift work will interfere with his life sometimes. Grr they can be so painful sometimes!

Anyway thats my rant for the day, hope you all have a great weekend xx

#5 Gerbera2015

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Going by my dates I'm officially 5 weeks today yeehaa. First milestone lol

I have a referral for a scan, I know it can be done anywhere between 6-8 weeks so I'm not sure when to go. And I think I actually need to book it in advance too so I best do that!

#6 Elgw

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

Hi everyone, nice to online meet you all.

This is my first pregnancy. I have been trying for 7 months. I spent a lot of time browsing the ttc forums on here in the last 7 months - i feel lucky and grateful that I am on this journey! I really feel very lucky to get my own BFP. I hope everyone has a safe 9 months.

My BFP was v. early at only 10dpo. My hgc levels have doubled nicely during the week and ill have another blood test on Monday for reassurance. Im 4 weeks. I saw my GP today and i set up a dating scan for 27/2. Also - i have ZERO symptoms!!! But still so early i guess. My GP said my duedate will be 10/10.

Im pretty nervous but I am trusting that I can do this!!!

Thanks for welcoming me!

#7 Pigling_

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

Great results for your blood test ksel! Welcome to the 'partners of shift workers' club to your DH - I'm sure he will get used to it. Good on you for getting back into work after such a big break.

Welcome elgw!

#8 Hope28

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

Referral time here too! Got my bloods done today (so much fun trying to hold DS still while the nurse took my blood ... can't wait until our usual baby sitters are back and can mind him while I get these sorts of things done!).

Ultrasound in a few weeks time, keeping everything crossed for a heathy baby with a beautiful heartbeat.

I've booked an obstetrician too. DS was a c section due to low lying placenta and we have some other risk factors. I'm still a bit disappointed about that, I'd always wanted to have an intervention-free pregnancy / delivery (or at least as much as possible) but safety comes first.

This time feels similar in terms of symptoms so far to last time. I definitely notice if I don't have something to eat often enough - I get queasy pretty quickly and lose my energy.

Elgw, my due date is 10/10 too. Sounds like a great day to be born, lol!

#9 Gerbera2015

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:13 AM

I'm getting mixed info on how big bub is at 5 weeks.

2mm
3.3m
5mm

Why can't all the sites be consistent????

I downloaded a few apps to try and they all have different sizes!

#10 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostGerbera2015, on 04 February 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

I'm getting mixed info on how big bub is at 5 weeks.

2mm
3.3m
5mm

Why can't all the sites be consistent????

I downloaded a few apps to try and they all have different sizes!

The internet is the worst isn't it! So much conflicting information, it's hard to know what to believe.

I'm so happy, I just got a letter from the hospital I wanted to get into, I'm in! I was actually going to go to the GP on Monday to get the referral done but she must have done it by herself after speaking to her on the phone last week. Yay! One less stress.

#11 Gerbera2015

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

How's everyone feeling today?

I'm hot! We don't have aircon and its 3pm and I've already had 3L of water!

We told our parents straight away, and I  told my brothers yesterday, one of which is getting married in NZ 3 weeks before I'm due so I'm not going to make it (in a way it's a blessing in disguise as he has 200 + people going and I don't like crowds), and today mum told grandad in person for me, everyone is in NZ and we decided not to go back, but mum wanted to see grandads reaction in person as he has been longing to be a great grandad for so long, he is absolutely stoked. He loves babies too, his partners daughter lives 20mins away from us in Brisbane so I can see them coming across to stay a fair bit!

#12 Elgw

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hi everyone

Thanks for the welcome Pigling

Hope28 - bubz could be born on the same day!!! 10/10

Gerbera2015 - i have a great app that shows you a 3D interactive image of the embryo each week. Its amazing to see what it looks like at 4 weeks already! The size of a poppy seed its so amazing

Ninja.Ivy - thats great news about your hospital

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts of getting a review and advice from a naturopath - useful??? Or not. Any experience?

#13 Pigling_

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

Hi all,
I'm feeling good. Bloated but good!

Ninja - Good news about your hospital. We only have one hospital here so that's where I'll be going :)

Gerbera- that's exciting that you have started telling people. We're going to try and hold off until 12 weeks. I may end up having to tell my boss earlier though due to some workplace stuff.

Elgw- I have no experience with naturopaths - I gotta say it's not really my thing. But if you think it might be helpful, go for it!

#14 Gerbera2015

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

We also told both of our bosses, DHs boss we spend a lot of time with out of work, and my bosses both knew we were trying so I just told thm as I reckon they would have figured it out in about 2 days haha. They are over the moon for us.

We aren't the sort to keep it quiet, we would struggle with the secret anyway, I know we would have spilt the beans pretty quick so we just told, rather than trying to tip toe

Elgw. I have no naturopath experience either sorry

#15 kSel86

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

Thanks Pigling, DH work has made it very difficult for me to work also which has contributed to my time off. I did speek to DH last night and pretty much explained that even though he doesnt think I need to work (money wise) I do NEED to work. Both for myself and to get my foot in the door for when I finish uni next semester. I am hoping for a new role within the same workplace but of course that will depend on IF they decide to employ me there (and this next bub makes that even more tricky) so I'm trying to make a good impression now and dear hubs is just going to have to pull socks up a deal. He's really been a bit spoilt with me at home full time.

Elwg, not a naturopath sorry but I am actually thinking of visiting a nutritionist for guidance on how to eat a little bit more healthily as I am worried about putting on another 20+kg with this bub as I have with the last two. My BMI I should only gain around 10kg not 20..  

We havent told anyone yet either but I think I might tell my bestie soon.. maybe..

Edited by kSel86, 04 February 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#16 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Gerbera that's great that you have told so many people already, that must be so exciting, I can't wait to tell people.

We haven't told anyone yet - we will tell my parents first, but I'm still not sure when. I was kind of hoping to wait until 12 weeks (although I'm desperate to tell them) but on second thoughts, I think we might tell them after the dating scan at 7 weeks, assuming everything is ok. If something goes wrong after that point, I probably wouldn't want to hide it from them anyway.

#17 Gerbera2015

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

Having people know for us helps, we live in a country with no family, having people here know gives us the support we would need should the worst happen, and family have been waiting a long time for the first great grand child that everyone asks all the time since we got married lol. So we have a massive support network which is awesome

Now just for DH to stop laughing at me when I keep eating lol

#18 beingme

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:29 AM

I haven't organised any tests yet but did speak to my hospital about the midwife program. Might see the dr this week for blood tests but will wait till 12 weeks for a scan. Feeling a bit off already too which seems early but still bearable hopefully for at least the next week before morning sickness kicks in.

#19 Pigling_

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:46 AM

Ninja - It's tricky isn't it? Hopefully your work will be happy to give you a new role after bubs comes along. Good luck with uni. I'm planning to finish my masters this year - bubs will be due in the second semester break so I'm hoping to have as much done as possible before he/she comes along. Thankfully I don't have any exams.

That's great that you have such a fabulous support network Gerbera. I'm hoping I'll be able to make some local 'Mum friends' once baby comes along or before. I have a couple of local friends but most live away and I have found it difficult to make friends since we moved here. I'm a bit of an introvert so it's hard! Going to start pregnancy yoga once I get to the second trimester - I do yoga regularly but haven't felt comfortable doing it lately - so hopefully that helps!

Hi beingme!

#20 Gerbera2015

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

Yay one of my friends I used to work with a couple of years ago is 3 weeks ahead of me, so I have a real life buddy :)

#21 Elgw

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

Its so exciting telling people isnt it. Im trying to be cautious but i have told one friend, and ill tell another friend this week. I really want to tell me parents (I will be a single parent and they are going to be a huge support).

Re: naturopath - i guess the main reason for seeing one would be diet as well Gerbera2015. Im taking vitamins already and gp says im doing enough how much weight can i expect to gain i wonder?

#22 Gerbera2015

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:02 AM

I read that 2kg in the first trimester then 500g a week from there.

I started a health kick on. 7th Jan so I was already off to a good start, I lost 4.5kg before I found out. I'm now eating a lot, but just trying to make sure it's 80% healthy. I'm eating a lot of bananas lol

#23 Elgw

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Thanks Gerbera2015. I eat mostly healthy but think I could do better! I have a new raised garden bed and im trying to grow kale to make green smoothies. Also i want to try making a beetroot juice!

Wow it seems like a lot to gain!  What fun we have to look forward too

#24 kSel86

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:06 PM

Welcome to our little group Beingme!

Elgw it all depends on your current BMI as to how much is recommend weight gain. Normal BMI is about 11-16 kg and overweight (me) is roughly 7-11 kg so that is my goal, no more than 11 kg if i can help it. Obviously twins have different guidelines.

Gerbera 4.5kg this year, well done! For me every time I say I want to loose weight I put on two kilos :/

Good luck Pigling with your masters! How amazing, I think I will need a good few years to get over the trauma of uni first before i feel ready to go back again. Have been studying for 4+ years and so ready for it to be over!!

#25 CorgiMum

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

Hi all congratulations on your BFP's
Re weight I gained about 20kg with my DD and still had 5kg of that to lose but that didn't happen!
My due date is the 6th October and I'll be seeing my GP this week for bloods etc, funny even though DD is only 10 months a lot of pregnancy stuff I seem to have forgotten though the nausea feeling I got yesterday was definitely familiar
Best wishes everyone xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.