Due in October 2017 Chat Thread :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#101 Gerbera2015

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostBidi, on 14 February 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Somebody with the skill (not sure if it takes skill but that shows how little skill I have!!!) has to start it and then PM others in the group who in turn PM others and so on.  I found in my previous due in groups people are quite hesitant to join in the early weeks but I agree it is a lot easier.

I'd offer to start it if I knew how hahaha

Hopefully someone knows.

Does anyone have a bit of a belly? Well not belly as such.

I've noticed my abdomen sticking out a little, which makes sense, but seems to be on the right side, I can feel what I assume is my uterus, but then wondered if it's possible eptopic?

If it makes any difference I have been advised in the past that I had a retroverted uterus, my scan in December the tech didn't mention it so unsure if it had flipped at some stage of was still retroverted, but I know they flip in pregnancy, at what stage I wouldn't have a clue

#102 Dazzle1980

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

I have a belly - not pregnancy related though  :rofl:

With DS1, I had the 'thickening' of the waist as they say, pretty early - about 8 weeks - but didn't show until about 16 then at 19 I 'popped' and people could tell I was pg. DS2 was earlier as he was only 14 months later.

#103 nikki_205

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

I just started a secret facebook group. I can't find the button to invite by email but I'm hoping if I do it from a pc web browser it might appear.

So please PM me your email address and I will add you to the group :)

#104 Pigling_

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

PM'd you Nikki :)

#105 McMummy

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

I'll PM you now Nikki :)

#106 Bidi

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

On a train to Sydney for work ...... oh the smells.

#107 Pigling_

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Oh bidi - smells are the worst!

Booked my dating scan for Friday. Yay!

#108 Amz84

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

I've PM'd you Nikki :yes:

Just called up the FS for the results of my blood test yesterday and my HCG levels are going up nicely :) From 32 last Monday (6 Feb) to 150 last Friday to 1000 (5w2d) yesterday. I'm starting to think this one might actually stick! (Fingers and toes crossed!!).

Looking forward to my first scan in a week and a half :pray:

#109 henryk

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

I've also PM'd you Nikki.

Oh Bidi, trains during pregnancy are a terrible combination. I so desperately wish I could drive to work at the moment, but would probably spend my entire savings on parking in the city.

I've been a bit quiet lately, the nausea is just exhausting and depressing me. Thankfully a slight improvement this week, and I get a couple of hours in the evening after dinner where I at least have the strength to wash the dishes or do some washing. DH has been doing all the shopping and cooking, bless his little cotton socks.

Had our dating scan on Saturday, measuring 6+6 and heartbeat of 140, so far so good. We then told our parents, which was a relief as I was already so tired of hiding the nausea and trying to act like I was ok.

#110 nikki_205

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

I've sent invitations out to everyone that has PMd me so far. Please let me know if you don't get a notification of this, I think I can send a link instead.

I've booked in my dating scan for 2 weeks time, at 7w2d. Can't wait to hear a heartbeat!

I'm so glad things seem to be going well for everyone so far - a few expected symptoms are probably a good sign, even if they are a pain to deal with :)

Dazzle, from what I've googled, it's not the absolute number of the hcg that matters, it's just whether it continues to double. Higher numbers are only good in the sense that it indicates that the doubling has been happening. No need to worry over a low number!

I swear I'm starting to get a belly. I know it's way too early, but I have been eating way more than usual, so it's probably that!

#111 Hope28

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

So exciting to see scan results coming in! Welcome to everyone new.

Ugh trains were a pain during my last pregnancy. Between the smells, the motion and people pushing me out of the way, I was so happy when I started maternity leave and didn't have to deal with them anymore!

I have a bit of a bump - a combination of bloating and it having been only 14 months since DS was born!

AFM - thanks so much everyone for your kind words. Saw my GP yesterday and he was very happy with the results from Friday's bloods and ultrasound. My HCG went from 1500 to 15000 in a week, and baby was measuring a day or two ahead of my dates. I'm trying to take it easy nice (as easy as possible anyway with a 14 month old to chase!!) and hopefully that's the last of our dramas this time round. Dating scan next week, I can't wait.

#112 vhappymama

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Hi everyone, I just had my dating scan this morning, I'm 6 weeks and three days, EDD around the 5-7 Oct. Obstetrician said he could find the heartbeat straight away, and that it was very strong, he was very happy!

Everything is looking good which is such a relief. What a whirlwind pregnancy is huh? Some nausea has started but nothing too bad (yet). The tiredness is getting me the most - and the bloating is just... oh my goodness! It's hard to hide it at work, I look like I've eaten 10 main courses!

Hope I hope all is going well for you, fingers crossed that everything stabilises.

And I hope everyone else is doing well through the first trimester!

It's been interesting to see different comments about telling people, I've told my family and close friends, and my 9 year old son. We talked about keeping it a secret for 12 weeks, but my friends and family know me so well, and were starting to worry about me. I'm usually very bubbly and positive and full of energy, but I've been so tired and quiet that they started questioning what was going on with me! I guess it's good that I've got so many people around me that know me so well, but it makes it bloody hard to hide these things!

#113 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

Public transport and pregnancy do not mix!!

One of the benefits of living in the middle of nowhere is that there isnt any haha!

So exciting to see people are having scans. I guess ill need to book into the doctor soonish

#114 mrsmamma

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

Hello everyone  😊 i got bfp on Monday and it was a surprise...esp sfter multiple bfn on the week prior...including last Friday!

Off to see the gp tomorrow to get a blood test. My app says my edd is 17th Oct.

I have a dd already and was thinking she would be an only child due to my pnd the first time which i found super hard.

Id love to be a part of the secret fb group please. Looking forward to getting to know you all as we travel this journey together.

#115 Gerbera2015

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Hi Mrsmama, congratulations

Note to self: don't catch public transports.

Today was rubbish day. I put the rubbish bag in the bin before wheeling it out. And started dry retching! Wheeled it to the curb still going. Thankfully o didn't actually vomit

Felt crazy sick yesterday but pretty good today

#116 mrsmamma

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:20 PM

Thanks. I know im the same with the smells. Someone cooked something awful smelling for lunch yesterday at work...thought i was going throw up there and then....so left the room and got some fresh air. So far smells are my only symptom.

#117 Pigling_

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

Vhappymama- Yay for the scan results! That is when I think my due date is too but I will have a definite answer after my scan on Friday. Really excited about that but also starting to get a bit nervous and hoping everything is ok.

Welcome and congratulations mrsmama!

I had the day off work today - let them know I wasn't coming in yesterday. But after all that today actually hasn't been too bad - have even managed to cook some dinner! It's only nachos but hey, better than my efforts of late.

#118 Tabitha--

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Hi,
I'm happy to be joining this group. I have one daughter who is 13months and found out last Saturday we are expecting baby # 2. We are surprised it happened so fast when it took 18months to get our first one. Might be getting a dating scan on Monday to confirm dates as I'm not really sure how far along I am. Using the clear blue digital as an indicator. Other then that I'm drinking allot of water and peeing way too much. The joys lol

#119 Dazzle1980

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:50 AM

Just went to the toilet and tp was covered in bright red blood. So scared. Thankfully DH is home for a few days so he can look after our boys this morning and then we'll head to the hospital after dropping them at school.

#120 McMummy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:16 AM

That's scary, Dazzle. Good idea to head to the hospital and get some answers. Hopefully bub is tucked in there safe. Thinking of you and sending you all the positive vibes x

#121 mrsmamma

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

Try not worry too much (easier said than done I know).Go get checked out and we will all be crossing our fingers everything is okay. I had a bleed at 6wks with my now 2yr old daughter. No explanation for what it was either. In this pregnancy, before getting bfp, i had what i would describe as a bleed as heavy as the 1st day of a period starting. Lots of blood. Then it stopped. That was a week ago. I only got bfp on Monday....way more blood than an implantation bleed and with clots as well. No idea what that was although i will be mentioning it to the gp when i go today.

Hoping you are also having non dangerous bleeds and that everything is okay. Big hugs xx

#122 Gerbera2015

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

hugs dazzle hope it's nothing, glad your DH is there to help

Hi Tabitha, congrats!

#123 Bidi

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

I hope everything is ok Dazzle.  I had a bleed with both dS 1 & 2.  They were really scary but all worked out fine.

AFM went to Drs this morning and my bloods on Monday at 4 weeks 4 days were 4365 so that makes me feel much better.  Getting my bloods done again next Monday so really hoping they are going up by the right amount.

#124 rosie_pie

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi everyone, I'm very tentatively joining in after a BFP this morning! My due date would be 31st Oct so just scraping into your DIG :) I'll have to go back and catch up on your chat a little later today. Hope you are all going well in your first few weeks! So excited to be joining you x

#125 Dazzle1980

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

Just been to the GP -  they were unreal. Full exam to check for anything obvious but nothing to indicate serious medical issue which is good but up in the air as to if it is just a bleed or the other dreaded outcome. Just had bloods and they have me booked for a u/s tomorrow late today as I live rurally and with DH going away again tomorrow, they want to rule out ectopic in the event I get worse and then try to drive 50km to hospital on my own. Repeat bloods on Monday as it needs to be minimum 48 hours between tests (damn the weekend getting in the way).

Either way, my normal gp wasn't working but had to head in and grab something then as soon as she saw me, she pretty much stayed with me and followed along with the treating dr they whole time (even arranging he bloods and scans on her own behalf) which I found was absolutely lovely of her.  Whilst she was certainly not giving me false hope, she was encouraging and saying she has certainly seen bleeds like this with everything being all good. Anyway, fingers and everything else crossed and hoping for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.