Due in October 2017 Chat Thread :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#151 Gerbera2015

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:37 AM

Still a tiny bit of spotting but still brown, no red or pink at all. No cramps or anything so not worried at all.

It is seriously exactly the same as I get before AF, assuming it will just disappear, hopefully soon as it drives me nuts.

As I only had my scan like 15 hours prior I'm not worried there was nothing to say there was a problem. If it's still going in a week I'll go get checked out but don't think it's anything dodgy or it would have pink to it

#152 Shiv7897

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hi,  nice to meet you all.  I'm 4w2d pregnant through IVF. I'm feeling quite nervous as ive had a long road to get here,  but I'm also really excited!

I'm 30, in Melbourne

#153 nikki_205

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Welcome Shiv :)

There seem to be a few of us in Melbourne due with our first. Maybe eventually we'll get to meet IRL!

Gerbera, sounds like it's not something to get too concerned about, but definitely keep an eye on it, hopefully it goes away soon.

AFM, counting down the days to my scan, booked for Thursday week, and sort of wish I'd booked it earlier as the wait is killing me! I'll be 7w2d then so I could pull it forward a little bit, but really just trying to be patient.

#154 Gerbera2015

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Seems to have gone now so that's good.

Waiting for a scan is hard! It's like the never ending week lol

#155 kSel86

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

Good to hear spotting is all gone Gerbera, always nerve racking seeing that. Hope it stays settled for you.

Welcome Shiv, hope you have a breezy next nine months x

AFM... OMG welcome back sickness... its so bad.. like a constant hangover that nothing curers, no spewing but almost wish i could just to feel alittle better! I keep thinking its a good sign but gosh its blah 😷😷

#156 kSel86

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

Actually i take that back... had a great power spew in the paddock today.. feel soo awful today!

#157 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

You poor thing kSel86. It's the pits isn't it.

I went through the stage of wishing I could vomit just to feel better, but it's retreated a bit with medication. I'm actually happy now that despite the constant nausea, I haven't vomited yet - I think if I thought there was any risk I might spew, I would be too afraid to leave the house in case of an 'incident' on the train/at work etc.

I'm just lying low and waiting desperately for the first trimester to end. Only a month to go, kill me....

#158 Amz84

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostElgw, on 19 February 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

How are you going now Gerbera? I hope everything is alright.

It certainly is a scary time.

Reading about your scan Pigling makes me excited though - mine is on the 27th.

I wrote before about having no symptoms - well now tiredness seems to have caught up with me and also my boobs are sore sore sore!!! I guess it was going to happen!

Have a good Sunday everyone. I hope you have some nice plans.

How far along are you Elgw?

I'm 6 weeks today and only real symptoms are sore boobs, but mainly only when I lie on them or take my bra off. No tiredness, no morning sickness, no cravings and no food aversions... It worries me but at the same time, maybe I'm just lucky? We're currently in Thailand so perhaps I'm just super relaxed! Was so worried I'd be hit with the morning sickness whilst over here!

Don't have my first scan for another week on the day we get home, so I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers and toes crossed and keep enjoying my holidays!!

Edited by Amz84, 20 February 2017 - 06:20 PM.

#159 Gerbera2015

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

Is anyone due before me? I'm the 6th. I hope that doesn't mean I have to go first out of all of us

Feeling so tired today, I think I'm going to crash after dinner, I'm struggling but just waiting for DH to get home so we can eat.

I've been finding it hard to sleep on my side like I usually do, I tend to be rolled slightly towards my stomach and I can't as it makes my boobs hurt.

#160 Pigling_

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

I'm due on the 5th Gerbera so I may well be first!

I've had a pretty good day today yay! Managed to eat a reasonable amount- still having issues with veggies though :( My diet is certainly lacking its usual colour that's for sure.

I'm with you on lying low Ninja. I'm either too shattered or feeling too gross to be doing a great deal and I know everyone will immediately guess what's up! Holding onto our little secret for a bit longer :)

#161 Gerbera2015

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Oh yay! Ok you can go first haha.

Just ate my dinner, yummy salad, DH is still not home, at 4.40 he was just getting in the car supposedly, then at 6 he was leaving in 2 mins, and then I rang 15 mins ago and he hadn't left, damn machine breakdowns in the factory.

This is why I can't rely on him to do daycare pick ups down the track, or really do anything on time. I thought my brother was the worst with time management, until I met him lol. Funny thing is they are both very good at being where they've got to be on time when it's something they want to be at. I've just gotten used to it. He's so bad at not realising the time. Can guarantee he will get in the car and I'll tell him the time and he will think it's a good hour earlier

#162 NiNi8

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Good morning everyone! I am 5w1d pregnant with our first - i'm very nervous but so so excited! Had my first GP visit yesterday with blood test so now the wait starts until we can finally do a scan.
I haven't had too many symptoms to speak of yet, i'm struggling with sleep a bit and battling a sense of queasiness that isn't quite nausea. Fingers crossed it just stays that mild!
I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

#163 FaithHopeLove

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

Just popping in to say I am probably out - I had a scan on Friday and my FS couldn't find anything in my gestational sack and that she was 90% sure it's not viable. Have another scan this week to be certain but I am not getting my hopes up.

Wishing you all well, hope you have a smooth 7-8 months ahead

xx

#164 beebumble

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Hi All,

Congrats to everyone! Just introducing myself. I'very just got my bfp yesterday after 17 months ttc. So we are super excited! We'd just started with a FS so it'd good I didn't need any intervention. I'd estimating I'm about 4w+4d so due 28th Oct. We have a dd who is 2.5.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hoping everyone has an uneventful pregnancy!

#165 yetanotherredhead

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Sorry to read your update FaithHopeLove. I am wishing you so much goodness - I hope that 10% means there is still some hope?

I'm 5 weeks 4 days. Due 21 October and based in Melbourne.

Keep experiencing lots of back twinges and pain that make me so nervous given our previous two losses :( Does anyone else experience back twinges/pain?

#166 Bidi

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

I am so sorry to hear the Faithhopelove.  I hope for the best for you.  Xx

#167 Eliloulou

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself! I am from western suburbs in Melbourne and have a daughter who is 2 in March and just found out I am pregnant on Sunday. It's been a long hard road to this point as this is my 4th pregnancy so unfortunately I can't feel the excitement or anticipation of pregnancy at this stage, I just want to hold my breath and close my eyes and get to 12 weeks where maybe I can begin to breathe again!

We've been trying for no 2 since our daughter was 9 months old and experienced a miscarriage at 11 weeks a year ago, since then I've had to undergo several rounds of fertility treatment and this last treatment was to be the end of it, so I was pretty amazed to discover a nice little line there.

This morning I did another HPT and the line was much darker than my first test. I believe I am around 4 weeks, and based on when I had my trigger injection I should be due around Oct 26, but my body was playing funny buggers so I completely did not expect to conceive this month! I'm unsure when I actually did ovulate as my OPKs were all negative and had no mature follicles on my scans. Nature is truely amazing.

Anyway I am unfortunately a bit of a story teller so please bear with me!

Symptoms wise I noticed my nips are quite tender, feeling bloated and I was actually quite nauseous today, so wondering if that was baby or something else as I didn't really experience MS with my daughter.

I have an appointment with a new GP next Tuesday to check for bloods and will book in a dating scan then, as I wont have a scan before 7 weeks for peace of mind, as I find them incredibly stressful.

For those of you worried about low HCG levels, a friend of mine had her first bloods done at 4 weeks, IVF bub, and her HCG was 12, she is now 28 weeks so numbers certainly aren't an indication of viability, the only thing that matters is that they are rising rapidly.

Congratulations to all of you on your pregnancies and my sympathies to those who haven't made it through. Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Edited by Eliloulou, 21 February 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#168 yetanotherredhead

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

Lost all symptoms overnight - sore boobs gone, nausea. Trying so hard to keep optimistic.

#169 Shiv7897

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

I've heard that symptoms come and go.  Had a friend who had all her symptoms disappear and she was sure things are over and then had a scan and everything was fine

#170 yetanotherredhead

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Thank you so much Shiv7897. Trying so hard to remain hopeful.

#171 kSel86

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

Yetanotherredhead try not to stress, i had a great sickness free wekkend then powerspewed in the paddock first thing monday morning and have felt sh*t since lol. Maybe your just having a good day :)

Faithhopelove so sorry to hear, fingers crossed you get some positive results on friday xx

Welcome to all the newbies these last few days xx

AFM still feel like rubbish, am so sentive to smells atm, found a rotten potato that nearly had me chucking right in the pantry 😷 And the fridge stinks but hubs cant smell anything so i cleaned it out yesterday and cant find the smell :/ just kepp telling myself it will all be worth it.

Gerbera i too am due on the 5th with Pigling, i dont mind popping first haha, i dont like that last month of pregnacy when everything is so 😣

#172 Pigling_

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear your update FaithHopeLove, look after yourself x

Welcome to beebumble and eliloulou and congratulations!

Yetanotherredhead - try not to stress, my GP said that it's normal for symptoms to fluctuate. I had a terrible week last week but the last couple of days have been much better so I'm sure you will be full of symptoms again soon! My boobs were noticeably bigger this morning which is new!

We are slowly starting to tell family the news - I'm so cautious about this sort of thing but it has kind of been forced upon us. We have found out that there will be not one, not two but four grandbabies in hubby's family within a very short period! So he has felt like he has had to tell his siblings which is fair enough. Waiting until we see our parents in person to tell them though.

#173 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostGerbera2015, on 20 February 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Is anyone due before me? I'm the 6th. I hope that doesn't mean I have to go first out of all of us ������

Feeling so tired today, I think I'm going to crash after dinner, I'm struggling but just waiting for DH to get home so we can eat.

I've been finding it hard to sleep on my side like I usually do, I tend to be rolled slightly towards my stomach and I can't as it makes my boobs hurt.

I'm due on the 1st so looks like I might be one of the lucky first!

I told the HR manager at work today, she was lovely about it (she is also pregnant at the moment so fully understands). Found out I get 9 weeks paid maternity leave which is awesome as I didn't actually expect to get anything other than government ppl. So that's a huge boost to the budget! Yay.

#174 Elgw

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hi Amz84 - im 6w 5d and im a bit the same as you! Sore boobs when i lie on them and pretty tired. Nothing else except an epic head cold!!! Ahhhh! Dont stress too much over symptoms as all pregnancies are different. Sounds like you are happy and relaxed (in Thailand!) - lucky you. What date is your scan. Mine is next monday 27/2.

Haha - Gerbera Pingling Ninja Ivy ksel86 ill gladly let you all go first!!!

Welcome to all the new people

Faithhopelove - very sorry im thinking of you

And yetanotherredhead - let us know how you are going

For those of you who have had scans - did your partner or a family member go with you?

#175 Pigling_

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

DH came with me to the scan, he wanted to and it was nice to have him there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.