Due in October 2017 Chat Thread :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#26 beingme

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

I am so worried about weight gain, I always gain over 25kilos!!!! 35 for my first. Trying to cut the extra treats now, but it is so hard.

#27 Gerbera2015

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

I've been snacking on gingernut biscuits! I'm hoping I can ease up on that soon. I felt sick off and on last week, but feeling it pretty bad today. Yesterday I felt like I was going to throw up a few times - lucky I didn't though.

Hope you can keep it at bay beingme, I have no idea what's ahead of me so I can't give any suggestions!

#28 Stalky86

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Omg! Just found out an hour ago that Im pregnant! Totally wasnt expecting this! We werent even trying. So happy though, this will be number 4 :omg:

#29 Gerbera2015

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Hope it's not too much of a shock stalky. Congratulations

I just did the groceries - I've never smelt the smells of every aisle like I just did! Insane! Went down the chocolate and biscuits aisle and all I could smell was mint biscuits - I hate them. Has anyone else noticed the same?

#30 Gerbera2015

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:13 PM

And now I'm in the car and all I can smell is honey soy nibbles. Now I don't want them for dinner lol

#31 kSel86

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

Yes Gerbera, my sence of smell is so good atm its horrible. Had to get a jerycan of fuel yesterday and all i could smell all afternoon was fuel, washed my hands a million times and still it was so bad!
Guess what.. I found the lost container.. It was shoved in the back if the freezer so that was good but im sure i looked there like three times already! Least it wasnt in a cupboard somewhere..
Welcome Stalky, hope you have a great 9 months xx
God i am tired! So so tired..all..day..long! Tried to nap yesterday but my mind was going a million miles an hour so couldnt sleep :(
How is everyone else going?

#32 Elgw

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

Im so motivated to do the right thing but since I found out I was pregnant I think ive been taking 'eating for two' a bit too seriously!!! I dont think I need to eat as much...

I still have very few symptoms - so no curious smells or anything. In fact i pretty much have no symptoms still (nothing that cant be explained by something else) - im amazed at what is happening in my body and im surepregnancy symptoms will catch up to me!!!

Have a great day everyone

#33 Pigling_

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:28 AM

Thanks ksel. Post grad study is definitely much harder to fit in with general life! It will be good to have it finished but I can't see me going back for more anytime soon!

Welcome and congratulations stalky! Wow number four, how exciting.

I'm so tired. Going to bed at 8:30 lately and sleeping like a log. No real other symptoms yet though so that's good :)

#34 vhappymama

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

Hi everyone, I'm from Adelaide, and I found out I was pregnant about a week and a half ago, I'm around 5 weeks 1 day today โ˜บ I have a 9 year old but this is my first biological child. I got pregnant within the first 10 days of trying so this is a BIG surprise to me and my partner! I'm nearly 40 so have been a bit worried, and I'm a scientist so of course I've researched everything under sun. But trying to enjoy this time, though the nausea has begun which isn't pleasant ๐Ÿ˜ข Like some of you - my sense of smell is insane right now! And the tiredness... nothing prepares you for it huh?!

#35 vhappymama

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

Has anyone else been experiencing insomnia? I've always slept like a log, but the last 5 or so days I can't sleep longer than a few hours, then I'm wide awake. It could be nerves/excitement... but it seems like something more than that.. maybe hormone related?

#36 kSel86

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

Welcome Vhappymama, welcome! yes feel sooo tired all day then lay awake half the night.. Though i think its just me stressing bout bubba and hoping all is going as it should.
Feeling so bored here atm, not working till the weekend, hubs is at work, kids at school and now i've finished uni for the semester so have nothing to do all day...! Leaves lots of time for worriying about baby. :( think i need to find a good book or tv series to loose myself in as there is only so much housework one likes to do each day ๐Ÿ˜ณ

#37 nikki_205

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

I can definitely relate to the tiredness. I've been waking up full of energy and I'm all go go go until about 2pm, then I crash, and am exhausted for the rest of the day. I have still been exercising as usual, so I think my body is telling me to cut back a bit. Sleeping fine though, at least, thankfully not insomnia like vhappymama. Hope that clears up for you shortly!

And the hunger too! When they say "eating for 2" I always assumed they meant in the later months, when you have something recognisable as a baby inside you, not when it's a pinprick size bunch of cells. But I feel like I'm eating constantly.

I weighed myself this morning, to get a baseline, so I can start tracking how my body changes. It's all very exciting ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ksel, if you let us know some books and tv shows you've enjoyed, we can try to recommend some for you.

#38 Gerbera2015

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

I'm quite surprised as I haven't been that tired (bet I will now that I'm posting this haha), I had a moment this afternoon where I just wanted to go home and chill. Falling asleep on the couch is a normal thing for me, and I haven't noticed it happening more so I'm winning.

5w4d today, had lots of period like cramps all day, I have been getting them daily but some days more than others and today was one of them.

How's everyone finding sex? If your doing it that is, we have always been on the go most nights, so it's no surprise that it continues now. But omg the cramps after O! Not sure if it's a common thing or just me, but you know when you get really bad gas, like gas that's stuck in intestines somewhere, it's like that. So uncomfortable, but everything says totally harmless if no bleeding so we aren't stopping.

Today I've eaten:
2x bananas
2x yoghurts
3x rice cake cracker things
2x gingernuts
Chicken salad with nuts grapes and cucumber
3x lamb chops
4 or 5 baby corn cobbettes
A small handful of chips
Slice of watermelon

It seems like a lot, I don't think it is though

#39 Pigling_

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

Hi vhappymama and congratulations!

Yep I'm definitely crashing in the afternoon too. Today didn't end up so bad but wow have my nipples been sensitive this afternoon! Never had anything like that before.

Yep ksel, let us know what you like to watch and we might be able to recommend something!

Looking forward to my GP apt next week :)

#40 Drivergirl

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Hey ladies!
FTM Just got my bfp a couple of days ago. A bit apprehensive though, DH and I had a miscarriage with our first pregnancy at start of December. Thrilled that it didn't take us long to conceive again but holding my breath until doctors appointment next week. If this one sticks should be due mid october!

#41 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

Congratulations to all the new BFP's! There are quite a lot of us now, how exciting!!

I have had the absolute worst few days - morning sickness has kicked in, hardcore. I am NOT loving pregnancy at the moment and getting really worried about how I will cope over the next few weeks. *sigh*. GP has given me medication and it is helping a bit, but I still feel pretty rotten and really struggling to eat much at all.

Bring on the second trimester!!!

#42 FaithHopeLove

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

Sorry I joined the introducing thread but only just got back here for this one!

Ksel- yay for solving the container mystery :)

Elgw - that is great to get a positive at 10dpo.

Hope 28 - sorry you are facing a csection when you wish you could have a different option, hopefully you can do things that will make you feel more in control.

NinjaIvy - great news you got into your hospital! I haven't contacted my previous ob yet, will get on it soon.

Gerbera - I have told my parents and some friends - especially those from my mothers groups as they supported me through ttc (i have a regular mums group that I met through here for my son and also a solo mums group which is more local). I won't be telling work till after the 12 week mark.

Pigling, no specific naturopath experience, some people find it helpful from anadedata. Worth a shot if you think it will help you.

Beingme, Stalky, vhappymumma and driversmum - congratulations to you all! :)

I got my second test result - hcg up at 980 so good doubling (every 49.9 hours apparently), but progesterone dropped from 38.9 to 22.5 so have to go back for another test tomorrow. Feeling quite down about it but hopefully it will be ok. Still feeling cramps, mild nausea, tiredness, heartburn.... and yes I am another awake in the middle of the night and/or early morning.

#43 kSel86

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

Omg i solved my boredism problem, i just fell asleep for three hours!! This NEVER happens to me! Was bloody wonderful! Lol. Needed it though, am feeling awful today and so so so tired.
Thanks for the offers of suggestions. We actually have a small buisness that i need to get in and do some bookwork for but just wanted to take a few days offfor just me to relax after finishing uni for another semester.
Welcome to all the newbies xxx

#44 ~A2~

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Hi ladies

Just checking in on you all.

Hi everyone

Congratulations on your pregnancies.

I will start a new thread each time the post count reaches 100+ posts.

Please take a second the read the guidelines and information posted for this area and let me know if you have any questions etc.

Kind regards

Ali

EB/EK Moderator

PS Thanks to ksel86 for setting this up as I have been offline due to a family illness.

#45 Gerbera2015

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

Thanks Ali :)

#46 Dazzle1980

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

Hi Girls, I'm tentatively - and very excitedly - joining you. I'm 11DPO, with AF supposedly due in 3 days, but I only got the mirena out on 6th Jan so hadn't even had a full cycle.

9DPO I had a tiny bit of spotting, cramps for the day and a slight temp dip. Since then I have had minor nausea and a bit gassy, leading me to do the HPT and low and behold, the faintest of faintest of faintest lines. Will test again in the morning as that test was a 5pm with pee that was not quite 3 hours old.

Anyway, hope everyone is going well and look forward to getting to know you all xx

Edited by Dazzle1980, 08 February 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#47 Pigling_

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Welcome and congratulations drivermum!

Oh hiiiiii Dazzle! How exciting. Fingers crossed you get a good line on the next test!

So I got the first bit of nausea today. On and off through the morning but settled by the afternoon. Was quite manageable so fhopefullyvit stays that way. A hospital is definitely not a good place to work when you're feeling queasy though. Blergh.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well Ninja  :(

#48 nikki_205

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

Welcome to everyone else coming in, it's great there are so many BFPs going around!

Not sure if I'll be sticking around here though.

4 days after my first faint bfp, I'm still only getting a faint positive. I thought it would have darkened by now. I'm also no longer having any symptoms that I got to start with.

I have bloods tomorrow so should find out then. I'm so worried it was a chemical pregnancy :(

#49 Drivergirl

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Fingers crossed for you nikki_205

#50 Dazzle1980

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:46 AM

Good luck with your bloods today Nikki xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.