Due in October 2017 Chat Thread :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#51 Bidi

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:02 AM

So I might very tentatively join.  Don't know that I will relax until the 12 week scan and Harmony test is back with this baby after 2 losses in a row last year at 8 and 11 weeks.  Being 39 too I know my risks are high.  

I am 4 weeks approx as I am not sure if I ovulated on CD 14, 15, 16.  I've got no symptoms and have done 3 IC tests that were all clearly there but not really dark.

My EDD is 17 October.

I have 3 beautiful kids already (2 boys 9 & 5 and a girl 2) so I am very lucky.

Whatever happens happens though and I am going to remain positive!!!

Really hoping I get to stick around this time and good luck to everyone.

#52 kSel86

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Fingers crossed for you Nikki!
Super congrats Bidi and Dazzle! Very exciting! Hope your test get alot darker in the coning days xxx

#53 Hope28

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

I think I might be out. Gush of blood this afternoon and horrible cramps and pain in my abdomen and back. I'm waiting for a call from my GP to advise what he thinks I should do.

Absolutely gutted.

#54 nikki_205

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

Oh Hope I'm so sorry to hear that! Take care of yourself.

Congrats Bidi, and welcome.

Bloods today confirmed I'm definitely preggo, 4w2d, hcg at 900. So stoked, I haven't been able to get any work done this afternoon!

#55 Amz84

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

View Postnikki_205, on 09 February 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Bloods today confirmed I'm definitely preggo, 4w2d, hcg at 900. So stoked, I haven't been able to get any work done this afternoon!

Wow! I got my blood done at 4 weeks 1 day on Tuesday and they were only 31! It's amazing how HCG can differ!!!

#56 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

Congratulations Bidi and Dazzle - so happy for you!!

So sorry to hear Hope28. It's such a stressful time, fingers crossed for you.

#57 Dazzle1980

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome girls, I am so excited by be part of the group. With DS1 who is 9 I was on the DIG and am still FB friends with some (if I travel for anything and end up in a particular area where someone is, I will pop in and 'meet' them.

View PostHope28, on 09 February 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I think I might be out. Gush of blood this afternoon and horrible cramps and pain in my abdomen and back. I'm waiting for a call from my GP to advise what he thinks I should do.

Absolutely gutted.

Oh Hope, I am so sorry, hope its just something random and settles. Have you heard back from the Dr? Fingers crossed for you xx

View Postnikki_205, on 09 February 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Nikki - great result on the bloods, what a relief that must be. I booked for a dr appt on Saturday and will probably then get bloods done on Monday if she wants them so that will be 4w2d so will be interesting to compare. 900 is a massive difference from Amz84's 31 - any chance you could have twins (or more) on board????

#58 Pigling_

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

Hi Bidi and congrats! Sorry to hear of your previous losses but so lovely to have you here :)

Yay Nikki! How exciting!

Oh Hope, so sorry. Look after yourself x

I'm getting so super bloated in the evenings :(

#59 nikki_205

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

I don't think there's much chance of twins, we did IVF and only had a single embryo transferred. There's the tiny chance of it splitting I suppose, but I think it's just natural variation in levels.

I'm definitely interested in your result Dazzle, to compare. Let us know how it goes if you do end up going for bloods :)

After the stress and excitement of the day, I can't sleep now. Going to make it 2 useless work days in a row I think. Really looking forward to the weekend to come to terms with this!

#60 Gerbera2015

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

6 weeks tomorrow! It still doesn't seem real. I've wanted kids for the last 6 years, DH was finally ready a year ago to actually start trying. And we did it!

#61 nikki_205

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

Congrats Gerbera, your baby is the size of a lentil! 😁

http://www.babycente...eshow-baby-size

#62 Elgw

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

Very sorry Hope28. Please look after yourself.

#63 Dazzle1980

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

So, now that I have made it through the 2WW (which I only actually lasted 11 days), its now onto the 8WW - 8 weeks until I can tel anyone! I told one of the ladies at work as she is pregnant and we are potentially susceptible to child-carried illness which affect a foetus, so gave her the heads up to let me know if anything comes in, and also told my closest mate here as my hubby works 6 hours away and I am on my own with our kids 8&9 years old, so want someone to know in case I need help with anything.

I'll probably have bloods on Monday (seeing the dr tomorrow so depends what she wants), then after receiving those results, we'll tell our mums. Other then that, we want to keep it a secret until 12 weeks.

Going to be hard keeping it from the kids. Last night, the youngest pipes up with "I want a sister...". I just want to tell them, but there is no way they would keep the secret. I think it'll be hardest to hide the nausea/vomiting from them. I feel some creative story-telling coming up on my behalf!

#64 Bidi

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

I went to Drs today to ask for bloods because I want to check my levels and that they are rising.  I asked him to keep my progesterone levels because if my loses last year and he said that it was useless checking progesterone in the first trimester.  It wasn't my regular dr so I didn't push it but was wondering if anybody has had them checked?  I thought I had read about people doing that.

#65 Amyjax04

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

Hey everyone πŸ˜€
My names Amy I'm 24 years and
Yesterday I tested positive to baby number #3 😳 Pretty shocked and excited I didn't expect it last week hubby was saying we should start trying for a baby and I said I'll think about it then yeah I already was. I'm breastfeeding my nearly two year old so not sure exactly how far along I am second time falling pregnant breastfeeding lol.

#66 Hope28

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

Thank you all. After an ultrasound and blood test today, there's tentative good news here (of a sort, anyway) - looks like I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. Apparently my HCG levels are really good (more like an 8 week pregnancy according to my GP, although I didn't find out what the number actually was) so that's a relief. I'm going back to my GP next week. Keeping everything crossed that that's all it is, that it resolves harmlessly and that there's no more scares.

Welcome to all the new members. Lovely to see more people joining! :-)

#67 Bidi

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

That's such great news Hope!!!!

#68 kSel86

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

Hope28 Thats such great news!

Welcome to all the newbies xx

Dazzle good luck with keeping the secret from the kids, we have chosen not to tell our two (5&7) as if things dont turn out well they will be devastated. We were very glad we had not told them last yr when we lost our last at 10wks even though family thought otherwise. They are such soft souls it would have been so hard for them. I am itching to tell someone/anybody! We still havent told anyone yet but will tell some besties after mondays scan.. Am so so nervous but have a good feeli g about this one... Which is probably all the sickness I am having 😷
Hope you all have a great weekend with jot too much sickness xx

#69 Dazzle1980

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Oh Hope, that is such a relief. Can't imagine how terrified and anxious you must have been the whole time. Fingers crossed all settles xx

#70 FaithHopeLove

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

Good news hope - such a relief.

Bidi - as i posted early i have been having issues with my progesterone levels - 39 at first test but dropped to 22.5 for second test a week later (hcg doubling fine). FS sent me for another test after 2 more days and hcg still doubling well but progesterone dropped again to 18. I had to plead for pessaries as (possibly similar to your dr ) mine was of the opiniongl that they dont help, either i will miscarry or not but pessaries will just prolong the time till my body passes it. I understand this is due to research showing a lack of a link between pessaries and less miscarriage and also that some people are ok with lower progesterone and it is hcg which is more important.

I dont know but as my hcg is still improving and i would rather prolong than give up too early i wanted them. I also know several women who had low progesterone and say it was pessaries that helped (anecdata i know!) I would push to test especially if you have suffered other losses. Cant hurt.

#71 Gerbera2015

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

I've been a bit slack the last few days, so hi to all the newbies.

That's good hope!

My boobies have ramped up a notch today, previously only sore nipples, today it's the whole boob.

6 weeks today and I have my scan booked for next Friday when I'll be 7 weeks, it was for Monday but I moved it

#72 Pigling_

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:16 AM

Welcome Amy!

Hope that's great news. Hopefully it's just a little scare and everything goes smoothly from here.

6+2 here today. Morning sickness has arrived and oh boy, isn't that unpleasant?? Feeling hungover and queasy. Not wanting anything to do with cooking at all (I usually enjoy it!). Might have to get some scripts from the GP on Monday in case it gets worse - not looking forward to having to manage it at work.

We are lying pretty low here atm - I don't feel like going out much and my friends would know something was up if I wasn't having a coffee or wine! Still holding out until 12 weeks but if either of our parents come to visit beforehand I'd say we will tell them. Even if we didn't I think my glass of red cordial at 6am would be a dead giveaway!!

#73 nikki_205

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

Best of luck Hope, fingers crossed for you.

Welcome Amy!

Pigling, sorry to hear you're sick, the rest of us probably aren't too far behind so make sure you tell us any tricks for easing it :)

Does anyone know if there are any EB or facebook groups that are location based? I'd love to meet some other first time mums to be in Melbourne!

#74 Bidi

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostFaithHopeLove, on 10 February 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

Good news hope - such a relief.

Bidi - as i posted early i have been having issues with my progesterone levels - 39 at first test but dropped to 22.5 for second test a week later (hcg doubling fine). FS sent me for another test after 2 more days and hcg still doubling well but progesterone dropped again to 18. I had to plead for pessaries as (possibly similar to your dr ) mine was of the opiniongl that they dont help, either i will miscarry or not but pessaries will just prolong the time till my body passes it. I understand this is due to research showing a lack of a link between pessaries and less miscarriage and also that some people are ok with lower progesterone and it is hcg which is more important.

I dont know but as my hcg is still improving and i would rather prolong than give up too early i wanted them. I also know several women who had low progesterone and say it was pessaries that helped (anecdata i know!) I would push to test especially if you have suffered other losses. Cant hurt.

Both of my miscarriages were missed miscarriages and only discovered by scan.  My recollection from the FS was that it was unlikely that progesterone was my problem because I have never miscarried myself - all times I've required a D&C because my body just wouldn't let go.  2 out of 3 times there was no blood what so ever - once there was minimal spotting in the two days leading up to my D&C.  

That gives me some comfort but I just don't see why this Dr refused it.  It is one more test which means nothing to him!!

I am really stressed about my lack of symptoms at 4 weeks 2 days.  My breasts are giving me pains on and off and I ve had a few queasy moments but no bleeding gums or extra CM.  I just want to get to the 6 week scan and see a good heart beat.  I suppose seeing my numbers high will help too.

Welcome Amy.

#75 Bidi

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:37 AM

View Postnikki_205, on 11 February 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Best of luck Hope, fingers crossed for you.

Welcome Amy!

Pigling, sorry to hear you're sick, the rest of us probably aren't too far behind so make sure you tell us any tricks for easing it Posted Image

Does anyone know if there are any EB or facebook groups that are location based? I'd love to meet some other first time mums to be in Melbourne!

Nikki I think if you look in the state based forum area it has one for VIC and you might find a Melbourne group there.  As for FB EB doesn't let you even discuss that in the forums so you would need to find the EB group them Personal Message each individual.  For some reason they do not like FB discussions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.