Due in October 2017 Chat Thread :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#76 Dazzle1980

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

Bidi - could the lack of symptoms be a good thing? If you had those symptoms before and it didn't end well, maybe the difference in symptoms could be a good sigh?!?!?! That's what I am going to run with for you anyway :yes:

Pigling - my nausea honestly hit the day mine implanted - not sure if it is stress as we have a huge amount happening at the moment, or the hormones but yesterday I had a little spew just as I sent the kids to the car for school and then again this morning I had to sit down on the toilet bowl (in case I needed to give it a hug) until the bad cause passed. With DS1 I remember driving along the country highway, pulling over, opening the door, spewing (without even getting out), closing the door and carrying on my merry way to work. Dreading those days returning :no2:

AFM - well, I've named it Buttons, that way I can talk to hubby using the name Buttons and the kids will (hopefully) not pick up on it.

4w today and went to the Dr. I sat down and told her I am 4weeks today and her jaw dropped. She only took my mirena out 35 days ago and couldn't even believe it was that long ago. Made it quite hard for her as they use the date of last AF in all their systems however as it wasn't a 'real' period after the mirena came out. That has put EDD at  16/10 (but according to O its 21/10) so not too different anyway.

She's given me a referral for bloods and getting extras done as I work in childcare and also live on a farm so she's taking extra precautions. In addition, she is getting me to have an U/S at 7 weeks to confirm the location of the pregnancy (as in to make sure its not ectopic etc). She says she likes to get that done as we are country so if anything happens, she can rest assured knowing that its not ectopic or if she will need to send me to a big town. Either way, I never had early scans with my boys so super excited to get it!!!

#77 FaithHopeLove

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

Bidi i wouldnt be too worried about a lack of symptoms this early, doesnt mean anything. Sorry to hear about your previous losses - and i agree no idea why this dr refuses to test. I would consider a second opinion if you are worried.

I cant feel too excited knowing that this may not work out so just trying not to think about it too much... not very successfully!

I think someone asked about tips for managing nausea - i love my seabands (anti nausea acupressure wrist bands from the chemist), chamomile and spearmint tea, bundabeeg ginger beer (brewed from real ginger), ginger tablets and ensuring i dont get hungry. I also have zantac for heartburn (more an issue later) but fizzy fruits work for minir heartburn too.

#78 Tesseract

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:59 AM

Hi all!

It's really exciting reading about all your symptoms!

Hope28 a friend of mine had multiple subchorionic heamatomas (sp?) and while she bled a lot and it was obviously quite scary, it all was fine. Fingers crossed it will be for you too!

As for moi, symptoms started very intensively as soon as ovulation. I'm nearly 6 weeks and I've been a nauseous, starving, exhausted, cranky mess for 3 weeks already. I had nothing like this with my first pregnancy. And I keep dreaming about twins! I don't really want twins - would love them of course but it would throw our plans into disarray. Have a scan Friday next week so all shall be revealed then!

#79 Gerbera2015

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

My cramps seem to have stopped over the last couple of days, I'd had a lot since finding out until probably Thursday/Friday, and now it's dead down there. I'm 6w2d today.

I've had a bit of heartburn now though, noooooooo, don't want to be dealing with heartburn, it's so annoying.

Hope everyone has been doing OK in this heat!

#80 Gerbera2015

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

I take it back the cramps are still there lol, maybe I'm just getting used to them and not noticing them as much.

#81 Elgw

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

That was good news hope28. Thinking of you.

Yes I cant help but be a bit anxious too - cant ever really relax but ill feel better after the first scan which will be in 2 weeks.

I am not having many symptoms either (5 weeks now).

Welcome to all the new girls!

#82 kSel86

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

My symptoms seem to have eased too, boobs nowhere near as sore and sickness has eased alot, been working this weekend though so maybe not noticing it much. Still so tired though.

Scan day tomorrow so time will tell how things are going, getting anxious but trying hard to stay positive. Did have a dream the other night it was twins (no family history so not expecting it) but considering i had a dream two night in a row before my bfp about being pregnant made me nervous about that too. :)

#83 Dazzle1980

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

KSel - I would probably have a laugh if it were twins with you having just said that!

Cramping - with DS1 I have cramping for the full 4th week then nothing until a few weeks later. Hope this helps to settle the minds.

Symptoms - Never had this many so early on, well, not that I noticed anyway. From implantation day I have been peeing like a trooper and nausea. The last few days when I sit down after dinner the fatigue hits me and I could easily crash out but having 8 and 9 year old boys here, they just laugh at me if I suggest they have an early night. When I am moving around, all seems to be okay. Also had very loose stools, bloating yesterday and gassy. Had a few little boob twinges but thats all so far. Not looking forward to that - with DS1 I still remember having to 'hold' them whilst driving due to the pain, and I now live on a horrendously rough dirt road, 20km from bitumen. Hope that's a symptom that goes amiss this time!

As I'm one of the latest to be due, 21/10, can't wait to see pics of everyones scans so that I can get excited - still 3 weeks until mine. First time I am having scans so early so horribly excited that I will get to see 'Bub' at 7 weeks as opposed to 20 weeks.

#84 Stalky86

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hi, just wondering if theres a facebook group yet? I have alot of trouble with eb crashing

#85 Gerbera2015

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:34 AM

Not that I'm aware of, it hasn't been mentioned.

#86 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

Hi everyone.
I just got my bfp today, id be 4 weeks (I know conception day but have irregular cycles)
Won't be booking into ob for a bit, it will hopefully be a boring pregnancy with planned cesarean

#87 Pigling_

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:57 AM

Hi everyone and welcome to the newbies! Hope you are all tracking along ok.

Bidi- I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of symptoms, mine have only started since the 6 week mark.

Thanks for the nausea tips. The last couple of days have been ok but I slept terribly last night and am having a shocker already today. I know it's not nearly as bad as what some poor women go through but it's pretty crap just the same. Going into work for a couple of hours today and then planning on a sick day tomorrow.

Went to the GP yesterday. Yay! Got the standard blood tests to do - he is not bothering to check hcg as I had my positive tests a couple of weeks ago now and nothing to suggest anything is going wrong so felt there was no need. Got a referral for a dating scan which I will book today so that will firm up dates. Also got my referrals for 12 week scan and bloods. Will call my local hospital today or tomorrow and see what I need to do for them - my GP is in a different town so he wasn't entirely sure of processes. It's all starting to feel a bit more real now!

#88 kSel86

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hmm wrote a big post yeasterday but seems to have not posted :/ Welcome to the newbies, our little group is growing nicely now :)

Dazzle i think i would freak if i had twins! But alas only one in there thank goodness! Scan went really really well! Measuring exactly as it should 6+5 today. EDD of 5th October! Even got to hear the heart beat which brought a few tears to the eyes. Just beautiful! Still fewl like dirt wvery day and every tired! Hope everyone has a great week xx

#89 Gerbera2015

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Has anyone been feeling sort of like dizzy/hot flush/nauseous when first getting up? I don't think it's morning sickness as such, but wondering if I'm just getting out of bed too fast, happened Friday quite bad, I stayed home from work, and again this morning but after siting back down for 5 I was ok enough to keep moving.

Today though I'm feeling so sick! Gah. My stomach felt like it was wringing knots earlier, and now feels just really unsettled. Food hasn't helped.

I can't stand not wearing a bra at the moment - the only time I don't is in the shower! I'm wearing one to bed and all, just the sports type soft ones though.

That's great about your scan Ksel! Mine is on Friday, Ive worked out I'm due 6th October so if they say the same then we are one day apart!

Lots of newbies making an appearance - congrats to you all!

#90 Bidi

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostIShallWearMidnight, on 14 February 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Hi everyone.
I just got my bfp today, id be 4 weeks (I know conception day but have irregular cycles)
Won't be booking into ob for a bit, it will hopefully be a boring pregnancy with planned cesarean

Congratulations and BTW I love your signature!!

#91 FaithHopeLove

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

Gerbera - try having some crackers on hand to eat before your rise. I have been having a mix of light headedness during the day, luckily only lasts a second or two each time, along with my nausea really ramping up the last couple of days, having to stay on top of eating, hunger makes it worse.

I am hoping it is all a good sign, had yet another bt today, hoping HCG still going up and progesterone has now steadied with the pessaries. Hoping if so they will book in my scan for Friday as originally planned and I will finally get to see what is going on. This constant worry it isn't going to work out is very stressful.

#92 Bidi

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:02 AM

So I think I am really freaking out about the prospect of telling my work.  I had my first baby with my previous employer but this will be my third maternity leave with my current employer.  My boss is in her 50's with no kids and I think she was surprised when I had my third because a lot of women in my profession have one or two at the most apparently (dropped comment just before I went off on leave for my third).  Good lord what in gods name type of comments will I get for no.4.  The guy I work closely with here also makes comments all the time about how silly I was to go back for a third.  I know he is joking but I think he will be p*ssed about no.4.

I think I am having a bit of anxiety about everyone's reaction. Why do I care?? I shouldn't but I feel run down (seem to have insomnia but exhausted) and stressed so I guess my head has run away with it.

Anyway I am over joyed and my DH is really happy (but cautiously optimistic given our 2 losses last year) and my kids will be ecstatic so that's all that matters.

Happy Valentines to all you lovely ladies xx :wub: :heart: :love:

Edited by Bidi, 14 February 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#93 nikki_205

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Bidi, that's so inappropriate, your boss and co-worker shouldn't be making comments like that.

It's natural to care about what they think. Despite it being illegal to discriminate against you, there's always a worry in the back of your mind that they will. I don't have any advice sorry, but I do hope it goes well when you do tell them.

I have a fantastic boss and team so no concerns about telling them, just trying to decide if I wait until 12 weeks, or tell them earlier to get some sympathy for the overwhelming exhaustion and possible morning sickness (no sickness yet though thank goodness!)

#94 Dazzle1980

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostIShallWearMidnight, on 14 February 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Hi everyone.

Congrats and welcome!

View PostkSel86, on 14 February 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Dazzle i think i would freak if i had twins! But alas only one in there thank goodness! Scan went really really well! Measuring exactly as it should 6+5 today. EDD of 5th October! Even got to hear the heart beat which brought a few tears to the eyes. Just beautiful! Still fewl like dirt wvery day and every tired! Hope everyone has a great week xx

Such great news the scan went well. Must be a big relief.

Nikki - Got my blood results today - 4w2d HCG was 40. I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. I know it it a totally acceptable level but I was just hoping for higher to confirm to myself that things are going well.

Bidi - I can understand why you feel apprehensive considering the circumstances but that is such a shame. Such an exciting and big event that you should be able to scream it from the roof tops and have everyone be excited for you.

AFM - I have been crazy tired today but also have a head cold so not sure if Buttons is being a 'thief' and stealing my energy, or the cold. Feel like crap and just want to sleep but I have 2 energetic boys who need me. Thankfully they are that bit older though so after doing homework with them today, I went and layed in bed whilst they entertained themselves until I had to do dinner. (Much to my dismay, I heard giggling and looked outside only to see them clambering all over the horse bareback, laying across her, taking selfies standing on her etc. Thank goodness she's an absolute legend).

Ive now booked my dating/positioning u/s for 8 weeks and the GP checkup the following day, where I will get a referral to the obstetrician and NIPT test. 4w3d today so its going to take forever to get there.

Anyone else ding the NIPT testing? Which company are you going through?

#95 Bidi

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

I will definitely be doing the NIPT testing as I just turned 39.  Had my DD at 36 and it wasn't even mentioned to me but this close to 40 I think I need that extra check.

I am back at the drs Thursday morning to get my blood test results.  I am so nervous about it I doubt I will sleep tomorrow night.  God I feel buggered.  My body just feels so tired.  But my mind won't let me sleep.

#96 Dazzle1980

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

I was quite surprised at DH's reaction. I sent him the webpage link to it last night and he came back after a matter of minutes saying absolutely. I'm 36 so aware that I'm 'getting on' and the older you get, the higher the chance of something.

On the bonus side, we can find out the gender at 10 weeks!!!!!!!!

#97 Bidi

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

I am still not sure if I want to find out the gender.  We have DS9 and DS 5 and DD2.  I have things available for both sexes but I sort of feel like I would like to get it organised beforehand. BUT we didn't find out with the others so I would feel weird doing it this time....

#98 Bidi

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

View PostStalky86, on 12 February 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

Hi, just wondering if theres a facebook group yet? I have alot of trouble with eb crashing
Somebody with the skill (not sure if it takes skill but that shows how little skill I have!!!) has to start it and then PM others in the group who in turn PM others and so on.  I found in my previous due in groups people are quite hesitant to join in the early weeks but I agree it is a lot easier.

#99 Pigling_

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Sorry to hear you're having a rough day Dazzle.

Bidi that is awful that you are so concerned about telling your work, though sound very unsupportive. You are so right in that you don't need to worry about the reactions of others but I can understood how it would play on your mind. I'm very lucky that I have a fabulous boss and my industry is full of women having babies so no one bats an eye when maternity leave is taken.

Gerbera - I have been getting a bit dizzy on getting out of bed or standing up lately. My blood pressure was a touch low yesterday so that's the likely cause, perhaps this is a problem?

What is the NIPT test? Is that the extra test for abnormalities? I will just be doing the standard screen at this stage I think and if that comes back as high risk will do it then. Will discuss further with DH but we're pretty much on the same page with that. I'm under 30 so statistically my risk is lower anyway.

#100 Dazzle1980

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

From Google: "NIPT is a DNA test on maternal blood to screen pregnancies for the most common fetal chromosome anomalies: trisomy 21 (Down syndrome), trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome) and trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome). Also the gender of the fetus is determined."

Its done with a blood test but costs $395/$425 depending which company you go through, and not covered by medicare or health funds. Done after 10 weeks. I need to do some more research but I believe it tells you if the anomaly is undetermined, not likely or likely. If likely, you then need to decide if you have amniocentesis to investigate it further.

Do they still do the NT scan in ultrasounds? I had a feeling that it was done at the 12 week scan, but I was never referred to those scans with my other kids so wondering if I missed out? Almost 9 years since I was last pg so can't remember.

Edited by Dazzle1980, 14 February 2017 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.