Due in Sept 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#101 Kymmy80

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

Yep it was hypermesis last time and the time before. I am off to the dr Monday. I have a really skewed version of what's ok/normal based on past experience. Haven't quite got to the ER rehydration point yet but have come close.  Have started back using Odansetron a couple of times this week and has helped.  Wary of too many medications though so trying to tough it out.

#102 Kymmy80

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

Yep it was hypermesis last time and the time before. I am off to the dr Monday. I have a really skewed version of what's ok/normal based on past experience. Haven't quite got to the ER rehydration point yet but have come close.  Have started back using Odansetron a couple of times this week and has helped.  Wary of too many medications though so trying to tough it out.

#103 Daffy2016

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

It's awfully quiet around here!

So I have my 12 week scan next Monday and everything going well, I need to plan how to tell my boss. I don't think she's going to be happy. Any tips from anyone who's been there before?

#104 Redfishbluefish

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

Funnily enough even though this is my fourth, it's the first time I've had a job with any pregnancy, so the first time I'll be breaking the news to a boss. I'm fortunate that mind works in another building so i can probably get away with an email. In general though I think being direct and to the point helps! Maybe email to schedule a meeting and go from there? My scan is tomorrow, eek!

#105 Kattikat

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

I told my boss today - it was all fine, I was nervous beforehand but you just need to remind yourself babies are so much more long term and important than any job, and you're legally allowed to have a baby! Good luck.
Rfbf: all the best for the scan!!! Fingers crossed you see a perfect little bubba

#106 Redfishbluefish

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

Thanks Kattikat. Scan was great, no issues. So happy :)

#107 gumleaf

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

That's great Redfishbluefish!

I also just had my scan (at 13w) and everything looked good. We've been telling people for the past few days, it is pretty fun!

#108 Lefloof

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

13 weeks today, I'll be telling work and family and friends next week! Excited/nervous!

#109 Tracey123

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Hi, I've been reading for a while, and thought it was about time I introduced myself.
I'm 12w with number 4. This pregnancy has been my hardest, I've been so sick this time, and the fatigue has been extreme. But hopefully that all starts improving in the next week!

#110 Kattikat

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:00 AM

Rfbf and gumleaf : congrats on successful scans. Now let the fun of telling everyone begin! Welcome tracey123,hope you're feeling better soon I can't imagine wrangling 3 other kids while feeling awful.

#111 Redfishbluefish

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Kattikat ☺️ Welcome Tracey! #4 here too, I so hear you! My MS is starting to ease off a little but I caught Miss 7's gastro bug so the last few days have been interesting. I'm actually slightly less knackered than with #3- the fatigue nearly killed me with her! Not sure if it's because of the slightly bigger age gap this time so probably overall getting more sleep, even though we still have night time wake ups. What will your age gaps be? When this one is born mine will be 7,5 and 3 :)

#112 Ladybeetle_1111

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Hi Kymmy,

I am now just under 14 weeks and didn't get too sick at all. For a few weeks in January I felt REALLY nauseous, but only vomited once (and I think that is from having vitamins on an empty stomach). My sister tells me she felt fine throughout her whole pregnancy, but I have workmates who say they vomited several times a day for weeks... so I think anything goes!

As long as bub is still healthy and getting what it needs, and you're staying hydrated and trying to eat where you can, that's the main thing!

Hope you feel better soon and bub stays healthy x

#113 Jolene_dreams

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hi Ladies, Im 13 weeks pregnant today with my second. This pregnancy has been much tougher than my first - very fatigued and nauseous. We had our scan today and everything was fine. Waiting on combined scan/blood work with my gp next week before we make a public announcement. It was lovely to see our little baby today. Hoping this nausea calms down soon!

#114 ~A2~

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well.

Just a reminder that as per guidelines mention of FB groups is not allowed on the boards.  All discussion must be via PM.

Posts mentioning FB will be removed and repeated posting will result in a warning.

Kind regards

Al

#115 kittn

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostDaffy2016, on 27 February 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

So I have my 12 week scan next Monday and everything going well, I need to plan how to tell my boss. I don't think she's going to be happy. Any tips from anyone who's been there before?

Hi Daffy, I'm not in your DIG but saw your post come up - my advice is to do it face to face, and really overplay how OVERWHELMINGLY ECSTATIC you are, turn that dial up to 11. It's hard for a boss to be grumpy at you right then and there when you're so nauseatingly overjoyed about the whole idea. :D They might have a go later on, but hopefully your bubble of happiness will have taken the wind out of their sails first.

Luckily my boss was great when I announced, but in another job many years ago I saw a colleague play it this way to our sour-faced b**ch of a manager, and it was simply incredible. She just stammered out some congratulations and it was all over, not a negative word was said.

#116 Daffy2016

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Thanks kittn. Fingers crossed it will be okay!

Had my 12 week scan today and all looks okay - going to get results from the nuchal scans and bloods on Saturday but sonographer said it would likely be low risk. Parents are visiting this weekend so preparing to tell them!

#117 Tracey123

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, and sorry it took so long to get back on, my 2 year old broke his leg so life got a bit hectic!
Daffy, how did you go with your results?
Redfishbluefish- I hope you feel better now! My age gaps are a bit all over the shop- I have a 14 year old, 2.5 year old, and 17 months. When buns is born it will be a 15 month old then 3 under 4!

#118 Daffy2016

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Your poor kiddo Tracey123! I hope he's okay.

Results were all clear, thanks. Parents very shocked and surprised but happy. Hope everyone's going well.

#119 Shocked17

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hi ladies, I've just found out I'm 15w5d pregnant thanks to the "4-5week dating scan" we went to today lol..... Ive since found that the doctor I was seeing has left the practice, and now I dont know what I'm supposed to be doing! I guess I'm in a bit of a shock... This is my 2nd, have a 9yo son.... So I'm wayyyy out of practice. I'm also 36years old, which apparently puts me in a high risk category... Im due first of september

Looking forward to leaving the shock cloud behind me and getting to know you all in the coming months

#120 Happylilcamper

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

View PostShocked17, on 15 March 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Hi ladies, I've just found out I'm 15w5d pregnant thanks to the "4-5week dating scan" we went to today lol..... Ive since found that the doctor I was seeing has left the practice, and now I dont know what I'm supposed to be doing! I guess I'm in a bit of a shock... This is my 2nd, have a 9yo son.... So I'm wayyyy out of practice. I'm also 36years old, which apparently puts me in a high risk category... Im due first of september

Looking forward to leaving the shock cloud behind me and getting to know you all in the coming months

Wow!!!! That would of been such a shock! How amazing though to skip the horrible first trimester!

Welcome to the group.

#121 zonnewigham

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

hey ladies
is anyone else having a terrible time of being pregnant? maybe i was being too hopefull but none of my aunts or my mum had any problems so i was expecting such a breazy pregnancy where i would glow the whole time.
i'm 3 months now and the last 2 months ive had constant nausea. i dry heave about 30-50 times a day, wich has left me with horrible muscle soreness in my stomach and sides.
i only vomit every now and again, so my DR says im not in danger of dehydration, or not getting enough nutrients.
i did have a horrible experience yesterday at coles, i had to grab a shopping bag to trow up in right in the middle of the store :(
i'm finding with all the nausea, headaches, back and shoulder soreness, muscle cramps etc i cant enjoy being pregnant at all, family keep asking when i want to shop for stuff and catch up and i just dont want to celebrate at all.
anyone else having a rough time?

#122 Daffy2016

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Poor you, zonnewigham! That sounds unbearable.

Can your doctor put you on maxolon or similar? I had it for nausea early on, just to take as needed, and I wasn't anywhere nearly as bad as you. My doctor said it's perfectly safe and it's better for me to be calm and happy than miserable.

TBH I've had more emotional issues than physical, lots of worry something's going to go wrong and a bit of a time adjusting to the whole thing.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

#123 Percival

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Zonnewigham that sounds awful. Are you able to use some travel sickness bands or try maxalon? I hope you are reaching the end of it.
I'm not having a great time to be honest. I'm vomiting at least breakfast and dinner and my nausea for the rest of the day depends on my tiredness. I am feeling better than a couple of weeks ago though so that is getting me through it!

#124 Lefloof

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Oh that sounds terrible! Hopefully your doctor can give you some pills?
I've been one of those annoying glow people sorry! Have been very lucky. Have battled being tired a bit but that seems to be improving now I'm in the second trimester.

#125 zonnewigham

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

my ob gave me a script for ondansetron (zofran) she said its one of the strongest a pregnant woman can take.
i used 2 last weekend because it was my sisters wedding but i dont want to use it too much. OB said it wont hurt the baby, it was designed to treat nausea in chemo patients so it wont attack anything at all, because of course those undergoing chemo have no natural immunity, but the word chemo has honestly freaked me out :(

im glad you're feeling better percival, and that you've had a glow lefloof

daffy im sorry you're having an emotional time, i'm breaking in and out of tears all the time too with worry. all of my friends and my mum had good pregnancies, so every time i feel like heaving i worry that something must be wrong to make me feel so rotten

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.