Due in Sept 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#126 Daffy2016

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Take the zofran! I couldn't take it because it made me horribly constipated (sorry, tmi!) but you shouldn't have to be miserable all the time if there's a way for you to feel better. They use it for chemo patients because of the nausea caused by the chemo, not for any other reason.

The up and down emotions are horrible, aren't they? I'm hoping it will settle down soon, or at least that I'll get used to it.

#127 MissyBlue

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hello Ladies
Thought quick introductions were due
FTM here. Due 10 September. Cant wait to meet my little bundle
How is everyone going???

#128 Lion Cubs

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hi Missy,
I am also due the 10th.
Finally got my Harmony test results today after an agonising 2 weeks wait following a high risk result from the nuchal and everything is fine so feeling very relieved.

I already have 2 daughters and have found out this one is a girl too, so DH is hopelessly outnumbered.

#129 zonnewigham

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

im on the zofran now and its definitely helping. im making sure to drink an up and go each day for extra fiber to avoid the constipation u suffered daffy. its a nice little excuse for me to treat myself too because i always loved the taste of those. i've had a bit of a headache since going on it but im taking a small amount of panadol to keep ahead of it, and a headaches better than all the rest anyway
13 weeks today so hopefully i'm going to get some relief soon with the 2nd trimester

#130 Daffy2016

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better zonnewigham!

Welcome MissyBlue and glad to hea r you got the all clear Lion Cubs.

I'm chugging along okay, first meeting with the midwife next week. Waiting for the tiredness to lift and still can't quite believe there's a baby in there!

#131 Kattikat

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

Zonnewigham hopefully things are going a bit better for you now: 15 weeks is meant to be some magical number in morning sickness land I think. I'm 18 weeks now and feeling totally normal, I keep wanting a glass of wine but then remembering I can't! This is round 2 for me, my standards have definitely slipped this time around... Our nipt came back all low risk and it turns out we're having a girl which is so exciting:I honestly wouldn't have minded another boy because I feel like I know what I'm doing with my DS,but the prospect of a girl is pretty great. All those little flowery, frilly clothes! So many more cool girl clothes than boy clothes in the shops!
Onward and upward  (or should that be 'out wards'?) mummies!

#132 zonnewigham

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

things are going a little better on the zofran. i did get the constipation like you had Daffy but i'm not taking it all the time now, just when i feel particularly bad so now i'm in a mildly backed up state but i can handle that better than the nausea. fingers crossed im almost at the end of my morning sickness.
i totally get that kattikat. im not usually a beer drinker but for the last week every time my DH opens one up my mouth waters from the smell. hes started complaining that i apparently stare at him without realizing whenever he has one and its making him uncomfortable hahaha!

#133 Lefloof

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

I find having a few mouthfuls of some wine or beer occasionally is enough to feel like I'm not missing out, and all I feel like having anyway. Just a taste is nice and won't do any harm ☺

#134 zonnewigham

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

tmi status coming up. look away if u want

i peed my pants this morning :( i was very thirsty last night, i had 3 glasses of water right before bed. then i had such sudden nausea this morning i barely made it out of bed and too the loo in time. all the force on my body trying to get all the water up ended up pushing pee out!

i hope everyone else it having a better second trimester!
and i hope i gave you all a little chuckle this morning. dont feel bad, i would have giggled if it happened to someone else..

#135 Daffy2016

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

Ugh you poor thing. I think this is only the start of some very dignity compromising moments for all of us...

I've been okay but with quite sore tummy muscles as everything stretches. My anxiety has also been playing up so I'll see how it goes. Only four more weeks until we can find out the sex too!

#136 AmyJane2695

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

Hi ladies.... hope I'm in the right place :/
I'm Amy and I'll be 15 weeks on Tuesday with baby number 5. A surprise baby after a surprise pregnancy that ended in miscarriage in December, DF and I were being super careful and fell pregnant again before AF had returned!
I was on babycenter but I'm finding it hard to really connect with anyone at all, I recently (july) moved to Melbourne from Perth though originally from NZ and don't know anyone really.... hope you're all well.

#137 zonnewigham

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

i think i felt quickening this afternoon! im almost 15 weeks, the books say u can feel that from 16 so maybe im just a week early..? i've always been naturally slim so there's not much between baby and the outside to block sensation. felt like baby did a quick little jackie chan movement followed by some bubbles.
i've been very sick today, so i've just been lying in bed swapping back and forth between coke and gingersoda (the sugar and fizz seem to help, ginger doesn't, i just like the taste) so DH thinks its probably just so much air bubbles and gas in my tummy. i'm almost positive that was the baby tho! (first pregnancy, no point of reference) maybe the huge amount of sugar has sent the baby jumping around so much i can feel it?
weather real or in my head, it certainly brightened up an otherwise miserable day in any case!

welcome Amyjane, you're the exact same timeline as me!
so sorry about your recent loss

Edited by zonnewigham, 02 April 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#138 Percival

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

Hi Amy. Welcome to the group. I am 15 weeks I'm Wednesday and this baby was also a surprise. What side of Melbourne are you on?
Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

#139 AmyJane2695

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

Zonnewigham, I'm not yet 15 weeks and can feel this little baby fluttering around, not constantly but if I lay down nice and still it's often there. Like popcorn popping. Cannot wait til it's bigger kicks :)

Percival I'm in Box Hill North (sorry still learning all the areas lol) I have my first hospital app at box hill on the 19th and I hope they're nice :/

Thank you for your kind welcome :)

#140 Percival

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

My friend is having her second baby at box hill in August. Ahe really enjoyed. The care she had there last time. They have baths for water births!

#141 Kattikat

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

Hi zonnewigham, sorry but lol! The things we are already doing for these babies hey? ! Amy I am in the suburb next door to you! I had my other baby at box hill and they were brilliant - it was a fairly traumatic failed induction ending in emergency caeser and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Maternity wing is only 2 years old too,so still fairly nice! Pm me if you want to hang out.
I'm totes feeling my baby moving, especially when I'm on my tummy or something (ie. the 2 year old) is squishing me. Loveliest feeling ever! Hope everyone is trucking along OK and nausea is abating

#142 AmyJane2695

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

Thanks  for that! It's a relief to hear it's not an awful place. I'm having a planned c section this time round. I've had two naturals, baby 3 decided she'd like to be transverse (sideways) for the dramatic emergency c section entrance and then baby 4 felt the needed to one up Her big sister and we got a category one emergency c section where they push the big old wall button and knock you out with a general. My scar threatened to rupture so it was a real party. My fiancé and I swore she was the last baby after that yet here we are... so planned c section all the way for us!

I think I can feel baby, I have an anterior placenta again so am full of doubt but it's that popcorn popping feeling. Dying for it to be proper kicks so I know it's real and not in my head!

Also I have zero clue how to PM lol

Edited by AmyJane2695, 05 April 2017 - 11:39 PM.

#143 LilBirdie

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit late joining but I'm reading through and catching up on everyone.

I'm 35 and this is my second bub - I have a very energetic nearly 2 year old boy.

I was pretty lucky with #1 - no morning sickness, easy pregnancy and pretty straightforward delivery. It took us 18 months to conceive him so I pretty much got the shock of my life when we conceived #2 in the second cycle. I was pretty much in denial until the 12 week ultrasound and tbh I still can't quite believe it. Again, its been so easy; no sickness and now that the exhaustion has lifted I have the sense that this belly that's popped out in front here is just because of all of the cake I'm eating.

I've had my dates changed twice so at this stage I'm somewhere between 16 and 18 weeks. Its so strange to not have a firm date. I have a booking in appointment tomorrow so hoping we get some clarity!
Also looking forward to getting some maternity clothes tomorrow, I've been making do with my normal wardrobe except for two pairs of maternity pants left over from the first time round but its all getting pretty tight.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

#144 Kattikat

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hi lilbirdie, welcome and congrats on #2! I feel so lucky to have easy pregnancies like you do: I don't know how the poor buggers with hg or even just morning sickness cope. How did your maternity shopping go? I've forgotten what I used to wear from the last time - doesn't help I'll be at my biggest in winter, not summer like last time where I just got about in a maxi dress. I already can't do up my warm coat and I'm only 21 weeks..

#145 zonnewigham

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

hey ladies. hows everyone going now?
ive still got morning sickness but its usually only first thing in the morning, and its more just queezyness than sickness. i only actually get sick about once every 3-4 days now so small victories! yay!
my backs getting stiff and im finding it harder to sleep comfortably. my sinus' are also a lil inflamed but me ob says thats fairly normal. i'm 18 weeks today
we find out the gender on wednesday! just for fun DH and i have looked up all the old wives tales (26 that we could find). we've got 8 results for boy, 8 results for girl, 7 inconclusive, and 3 that we just aren't going to try, like mixing my pee with baking soda to see if it fizzes for girl or stays flat for boy (who even came up with some of these??)
i've had 2 family members ask not to be told about the gender till after the baby's here. anyone else had this? im planning on a pink or blue baby shower so they'll find out eventually i guess. DH and i are NEED to know kind of people and its likely we'll slip sooner or later

#146 Daffy2016

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Hi Zonnewigham! So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I hope everything goes well for you today - so exciting.

We find out the sex next week and my mother has said the same thing - that she doesn't want to know. We're telling her anyway, which my dad is pretty relieved about because otherwise she'll just speculate crazily for the next five months. I'm like you - I need to know!

#147 zonnewigham

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

its a girl!
im so excited for pretty dresses and ribbons in hair!
i thought DH would be extra nervous now, he was quite adamant that he wanted a boy, lol. but he took one look at that ultrasound on the screen (this was the first he's been too) and he hasnt stopped beaming ever since.
good luck with your scan daffy! i hope the little one is nice and healthy :)

#148 Daffy2016

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

Congratulations!!

#149 Daffy2016

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

Had my scan on Monday and all is well. We've got a little girl too!

#150 zonnewigham

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

congratulations daffy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.