Jump to content

Due in Sept 17 Chat Thread #2


  • Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#26 Lefloof

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

Thanks all! Measuring one day ahead at 10:3, looking actually like a baby now, heart beating and all looking good! So happy!

#27 Percival

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

Awesome news Lefloof.
Happylilcamper I'm thrilled things are looking good for you.
I am waiting for a repeat scan next week which will hopefully show a heartbeat. I am nauseous and vomiting so much so it kind of gives me hope.
I hate this time of pregnancy, I look and feel terrible and no one understands why.

#28 SugarGirl

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostLefloof, on 10 February 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Thanks all! Measuring one day ahead at 10:3, looking actually like a baby now, heart beating and all looking good! So happy!

Woo hoo!!!!!! Awesome news!! Yayayayaya

#29 Daffy2016

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

Three cheers for you lefloof! Wonderful news

#30 TheatricalLady

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Yay yay yay for the good scan news :)

@percival I hear you on the looking and feeling like crap.  I am so sick of feeling sick :(

#31 Happylilcamper

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Yay! Fab news

#32 rettles

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostPercival, on 10 February 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Awesome news Lefloof.
Happylilcamper I'm thrilled things are looking good for you.
I am waiting for a repeat scan next week which will hopefully show a heartbeat. I am nauseous and vomiting so much so it kind of gives me hope.
I hate this time of pregnancy, I look and feel terrible and no one understands why.

My doctor gave me a prescription for the nausea - I feel almost paralysed in the afternoon and night time it's so bad. Maybe you can ask your doctor for something to help you Percival?

View PostLefloof, on 10 February 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Thanks all! Measuring one day ahead at 10:3, looking actually like a baby now, heart beating and all looking good! So happy!

congrats! I am so happy for you!

For my news today - saw my doctor - It's all happening now!

I've got referrals to get my bloods for the NT testing, Harmony testing, apparently they forgot to test me for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea so I need to pee for that and my 12 week NT scan.

Also whinge time - my hair is greasy! I haven't had greasy hair like this since my teens / early 20s! I have to wash daily. My shampoo is expensive because I'm allergic to sulfates / paraben based shampoos so I need to get stuff that doesn't contain anything ! and I think I"ll need to get a clay mask to try and absorb the excess oil on my face, pretty sure I'm producing enough to cook dinner with :(

#33 Lefloof

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Ugh that's no fun Rettles! I've been getting really bad pimples, on my chest of all places. Gross! Somehow I've skipped the neusea entirely, lucked out there! It must be awful!

#34 Redfishbluefish

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

Congrats Lefloof on the scan result, great news. Percival I hear you too, I take ondansetron, a reasonably small dose, but I just wouldn't cope otherwise! Rettles yay for things moving along! I'm with you on the greasy hair! Every other time I've been pregnant it's been the opposite and I've only needed to wash it twice a week. Now it's greasy the next day! Wah!!
No news here, Friday's are busy with activities here and  so tired I think it's going to be takeaway for dinner after I pick the eldest up from gym...

#35 Daffy2016

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

Greasy face here too, but thankfully my hair is okay.

Percival, I've got maxolon for the nausea and ondandestron for if it gets really bad, but that makes me terribly constipated (sorry tmi!). The maxolon is enough for me most of the time. I'd definitely see about a prescription. For me it's like pain killers - I have a very low tolerance for nausea so I need to take them to get by.

#36 Millie-Belle

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

Hi ladies newly joining here. Had my first scan today and everything's looking good :) I'm exactly 7 weeks today and due on the 29th of September. This is our first pregnancy and super excited!

#37 Lefloof

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

Welcome Millie! Our first too, exciting times!! ☺

Edited by Lefloof, 10 February 2017 - 08:55 PM.


#38 Happylilcamper

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

Welcome Millie Belle. Congrats xx

#39 NoRest4TheWicked

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

Congrats lefloof on your scan results yesterday...awesome news :)

Had an internal u/s yesterday and the good news is that we got to see bubs with a heartbeat and it was confirmed that my bleeding (still), has nothing to do with the baby as they couldn't see any bleeding issues in my uterus. The bad news is that it looked like the HB was beating real slow but the machine couldn't pick it up so couldn't measure it and my HCG levels have still risen but only to 4799 (from 3988 on tuesday). And the worst news is bubs only measured 6w1d (when should be 8weeks) :( . so put all that together and things don't look too flash, so we have another long wait for u/s on the 20th to check everything again. Nurse doesn't seem too concerned that anything is wrong but i think she is confused as the dates are not right because there is no way we conceived 2 weeks later!! (we are def 6w1d fetal age but 8w gestational age)

Anyway, guess we'll know for sure in 9 days time. Until then, i think I'm going to stay off the internet and Dr Google and just make out I have my period.

Enjoy your week ladies and hopefully I'll be back soon with more positive news xx

#40 Redfishbluefish

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:42 AM

NR4TW, I'm sorry it wasn't better news, still have everything crossed that things are just a bit slow to get going and everything is fine. Positive that the bleeding has nothing to do with baby. 9 days sounds like a very long wait given what is happening :( I will be thinking of you x

Welcome Millie, congratulations!

#41 rettles

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostNoRest4TheWicked, on 11 February 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Nurse doesn't seem too concerned that anything is wrong but i think she is confused as the dates are not right because there is no way we conceived 2 weeks later!! (we are def 6w1d fetal age but 8w gestational age)

Anyway, guess we'll know for sure in 9 days time. Until then, i think I'm going to stay off the internet and Dr Google and just make out I have my period.

Enjoy your week ladies and hopefully I'll be back soon with more positive news xx

hugs NRFTW

I'm sorry it wasn't better news for you. I hope everything will work for the best for you sweetness.

I'm thinking of you :-)

R.

#42 rettles

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostMillie-Belle, on 10 February 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Hi ladies newly joining here. Had my first scan today and everything's looking good Posted Image I'm exactly 7 weeks today and due on the 29th of September. This is our first pregnancy and super excited!

Welcome to the group Millie!  

This is my 3rd pregnancy but I haven't been lucky before so! Let's hope we can all be first time mums together :-)

I'm due around 21/09 :-)

#43 Daffy2016

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Fingers crossed for you NoRest.

Welcome Millie!

Hope everyone's keeping nice and cool today

#44 SugarGirl

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

No rest....i am so so sorry...but i will be sending good vibes your way!

Rettles....time to invest in some dry shampoo! Poor thing!

Welcome millie!!!

I really cant hide my belly anymore! 13 week scan isnt until 21st so i dont want to announce until then...but its exhausting trying to hide this tum tum!

#45 rettles

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

View PostSugarGirl, on 11 February 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

I really cant hide my belly anymore! 13 week scan isnt until 21st so i dont want to announce until then...but its exhausting trying to hide this tum tum!

I'm bulging in my stomach area - I've only put on 2 kilos in 4 weeks.. I've bought a couple of extra larger singles to hang off me but when I go to uni, people who don't normally see me will definitely see a difference.

I'm doing some ceramic sorting next weekend, so it will be my first test with uni colleagues who haven't seen me for nearly 3  months when I was at my slimmest. I'm still 4-5 weeks off telling people including my parents.. I might need to tell my parents sooner than that.

#46 SugarGirl

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

View Postrettles, on 11 February 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:



I'm bulging in my stomach area - I've only put on 2 kilos in 4 weeks.. I've bought a couple of extra larger singles to hang off me but when I go to uni, people who don't normally see me will definitely see a difference.

I'm doing some ceramic sorting next weekend, so it will be my first test with uni colleagues who haven't seen me for nearly 3  months when I was at my slimmest. I'm still 4-5 weeks off telling people including my parents.. I might need to tell my parents sooner than that.

Its hard isnt it! I guess if its just a few kilos people can just assume you pt on a few over xmas!!
I have a party tomrrow that i have to figure out how to hide my belly!
Pants dont fit...and maternity clothes are obvious!
I think a maxi dress but even thats a disaster! !

#47 Lefloof

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

I'm starting to get a bit of a tummy particularly towards the end of the day. Still managing to hide it ok I think, I prob just look like I've put on a little weight if anything.

Luckily heading overseas in a few days so can stick my tummy out to my hearts delight, and then when I get home, scan and being able to tell people straight away!

I do think people probably don't notice these things as much as you do, or if they do, they are polite enough NOT to say anything. I know I've guessed friends are pregnant before they announce, but I would never ask or presume!

#48 TheatricalLady

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

I have told those who are most likely to guess,  so the belly is not that much of an issue for me anymore.  I am hopeless at keeping it a secret.  Lol
But I totally understand those who do.  
I lost weight between pregnancies,  so the bump is very pronounced on me at the moment.  
Hope everyone else is doing well.

#49 Em11y

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Hey ladies!! Glad to see we've got some heartbeats flickering 😊 Such an amazing sight! We've just had our scan and our due date now is 22/9.....the exact same birthdate of our first born 😩 Please let it come on any other day!!!!!

Has anyone found anything useful yet for the nausea? I've been so bad lately that I haven't been able go on my phone without barfing!! Bleh!!

#50 rettles

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:08 AM

View PostEm11y, on 12 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Hey ladies!! Glad to see we've got some heartbeats flickering Such an amazing sight! We've just had our scan and our due date now is 22/9.....the exact same birthdate of our first born Please let it come on any other day!!!!!

Has anyone found anything useful yet for the nausea? I've been so bad lately that I haven't been able go on my phone without barfing!! Bleh!!

My doctor wrote me a prescription for Pramin which has been a life saver for me - however I'm not vomiting, I'm suffering intense nausea.. almost but not quite puking.


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.