Due in Sept 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#51 mumoffour2017

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all doing well in this heat! Its been very draining for me as we don't have air conditioning at home and I find myself falling asleep all the time.

I am struggling with the long wait till the 12 week all clear scan. I keep thinking something is going to go wrong between now and then. I have had a scan right on 7 weeks and all was ok but its hard to get the 'what if' out of my head.

I have a bump but this is my fourth baby so I feel like my poor uterus is like what the hell, why are you doing this to me again :)

I have only bought two suits, although I'm not sure if they will be ok as they are long sleeve ones no short ones in the shops at the moment and I'm sure the weather will be warming up again by the time these babes are born.

Take care everyone!

#52 rettles

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

So I booked my (first trimester) NT Scan in for 12 weeks - the cost for the scan is $250 through Western UltraSound. So pricey, it was $255 through SKG. I am pretty sure that Medibank doesn't cover anything but I'll ask them tomorrow, I just sat on hold for 30 minutes and gave up since their call centre closes at 5pm.

Since I've been accepted to KEMH, I cancelled the private obstetrician appointment since I would rather save the money. As the midwife commented, if there were complications, I would be referred to KEMH regardless.

I feel like going for a lie down...

#53 Mcc1985

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

Goodness I've missed so much in this forum have been watching all the updates.

Rattles I booked in my 12.5  week ultrasound today for $250 but was told that the price will be reduced through Medicare when they can confirm that the 12 week blood test was completed, she couldn't say by how much but fingers crossed it knocks off a little bit.

#54 rettles

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

View PostMcc1985, on 13 February 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Rattles I booked in my 12.5  week ultrasound today for $250 but was told that the price will be reduced through Medicare when they can confirm that the 12 week blood test was completed, she couldn't say by how much but fingers crossed it knocks off a little bit.

I was told the rebate is about $50 or so.. but that will get returned to me via automation, at least I know the cost and can budget for it.

#55 Lefloof

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:13 AM

I didn't even ask how much the 12 week scan is when I booked it the other day, oops! I'm going to be 13:5 or 13:6 when I get it (depending on what scan I go off), right on the borderline! I'm not going to get the bloods that go with it, my midwife and the scan place said I shouldn't really need them as I have taken the Harmony test.

First meeting with midwife yesterday. It was nice how encouraging she was to carry on as normal as much as possible, bring on snowboarding next week haha! She said being fit and healthy is much better for childbirth, and if it's what I'm used to doing - carry on! The only thing that unsettled me a bit was how they push for early discharge from hospital - as little as 4 hours post birth! Gulp... I was like "but what if I need a little sleep?" She assured me they don't force you out the door, but the idea is to get home and have at home visits and support, which I like the idea of, the thought of being stuck in a shared ward for days, no thanks.

That second trimester is looming! So excited for it and to have that assurance and to be finally able to tell people!!

#56 4littlebeans

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

I went to the toilet this morning and wiped away some bright red blood. There has been none since so trying not to worry yet. I bled a little while pregnant with my second so if it continues I'll see my GP and get a scan referral to check everything is ok.

Em: I use the Elevit morning sickness tablets and they do seem to help.

Percival: I hate this time too, my face has gone all spotty, I'm so bloated, tired and sick and I can't tell anyone. Hoping you see that little flicker on your next scan.

Welcome Millie, I'm due the 29th too :)

#57 Percival

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:04 AM

I have scan today. Hopefully this one will show a heartbeat and we can move forward.

Edited by Percival, 15 February 2017 - 06:05 AM.

#58 Lefloof

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:52 AM

Thanks Rettles!

Percival, good luck, I'm sure it will be great! Look forward to hearing how it goes!!

#59 Happylilcamper

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

View PostPercival, on 15 February 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

I have scan today. Hopefully this one will show a heartbeat and we can move forward.

Good luck today xx

#60 NoRest4TheWicked

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

Hi ladies,

Sorry to say ladies but I have miscarried :(  couldn't wait until monday for u/s so had my hcg tested by my local dr yesterday and it had halved since last Friday (plus I'd had 2 big bleeds since Friday's u/s).

Soooooo, despite this being an unplanned pregnancy (at 40, with 3 kids already), think we may have gotten used to the idea of another baby so may try again!! :)

I really want to wish everybody very very healthy and happy pregnancies....enjoy the journey....all the best xx

#61 Lefloof

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Sorry to hear that NoRest, take care xx

#62 4littlebeans

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Morning sickness is basically zero today, after a bleed yesterday it's got me a little nervous. Scan booked for Monday. Wasn't going to bother doing my dating scan but now I'm glad I kept my referral.

Good luck Percival

Edited by ~A2~, 07 September 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#63 4littlebeans

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

So sorry NRFTW :( Rest up and take care, I hope you get a sticky bean next time if you decide to try again X

#64 Eidorb

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

NoRest you have had a rough trot. Glad you have finally got an answer albeit a disappointing one.

Good luck if you decide to try again.

#65 Happylilcamper

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostNoRest4TheWicked, on 15 February 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Hi ladies,

Sorry to say ladies but I have miscarried :(  couldn't wait until monday for u/s so had my hcg tested by my local dr yesterday and it had halved since last Friday (plus I'd had 2 big bleeds since Friday's u/s).

Soooooo, despite this being an unplanned pregnancy (at 40, with 3 kids already), think we may have gotten used to the idea of another baby so may try again!! :)

I really want to wish everybody very very healthy and happy pregnancies....enjoy the journey....all the best xx

I'm so so sorry Hun. Look after yourself xx

#66 Daffy2016

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

I'm so sorry NoRest. Take care and all the best for your future plans

#67 rettles

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostNoRest4TheWicked, on 15 February 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Hi ladies,

So sorry to hear NR4TW :-(

however I am pleased that you want to try again - best of luck sweetness.

<3

r.

#68 Redfishbluefish

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

I'm so sorry NR4TW, it's not fair :( I hope you're ok, and good luck if you do decide to try again xx

#69 Percival

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

I am so so sorry.  Norest, I was truly hoping for s different outcome for you.

#70 Redfishbluefish

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:09 AM

How did your scan go Percival?

#71 kSel86

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

I am so sorry NoRest, take care of yourself and hubs too xxx

#72 Percival

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

Redfishbluefish it went well. Heartbeat and baby growing at a normal rate. Had my first ob appointment today so I guess this is happening 😍

#73 Redfishbluefish

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

That's fabulous news Percival, congrats :)

#74 Percival

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

Thank you, I am feeling a lot more relaxed about it all now.

#75 Kattikat

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

Hi ladies, first time poster long time reader. I am 35 and have a 2 year old already, so want to give him a sibling.  Gotmy BFP on xmas eve. So today I am 12 weeks, but couldn't get in for a scan until 13 weeks. This wait is killing me: I had 2 miscarriages at 6 weeks in the second half of last year and thought I was having another one with this one so the gp sent me for a scan to check and they found a heartbeat. I was so shocked, but over the moon. Since then and now I've definitely had pregnancy symptoms (hungry, nauseous, boobs etc) but have had spotting intermittently throughout. I know some bleeding/discharge can be normal, but it's REALLY hard not to freak out. My last pregnancy was easy - oh to have another carefree pregnancy! I have only told some very close family as I'm not going to be able to relax until the scan and don't want to have to untell people. I feel my belly is getting harder to disguise though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.