Due in Sept 17 Chat Thread #2

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#76 Daffy2016

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Welcome Kattikat! I'm like you - I immediately expect everything to go wrong. It's so hard to relax.

Percival that's fantastic news!

I'm off for ten week bloods on Monday... very impatiently counting down until my 12 week scan.

#77 Happylilcamper

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

Hi Kattikat! Congrats

#78 Percival

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

Welcome Katikat. Good luck for your scan. Is it next Friday?

#79 4littlebeans

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:10 PM

What's everyone wearing to hide the start of their bump? I don't want to tell anyone until I'm sure everything is ok, after 12 week scan and harmony. I have started to pop though (5th pregnancy) and my clothes that were once loose are not so much anymore 😩

Great news Percival. :)

#80 Percival

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

Baggy shirts. Trackies.  I'm struggling with pants as they seem to be getting too tight very quickly.

#81 Lefloof

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

Just looser style tops, all my pants still fitting though! Although I am currently wearing maternity jeans because I'm traveling and just really wanted something comfy.

#82 Kattikat

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

4 little beans -,I'm with you it's getting harder to hide the bump! I had a mothers group birthday party today, got 2 more days of work and also going swimming (ie BATHERS eek!) on Thursday before finally getting scan next Friday. Floaty tops, long tops/button shirts are good to hide the old undone top button trick. I also need to dig out my belly band pants extender thing - miracle invention that. My other problem is I've lent all my maternity clothes to a friend and I'm not seeing her until March long weekend. It'll all easier when our secrets Jane been revealed

#83 Kattikat

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

4 little beans -,I'm with you it's getting harder to hide the bump! I had a mothers group birthday party today, got 2 more days of work and also going swimming (ie BATHERS eek!) on Thursday before finally getting scan next Friday. Floaty tops, long tops/button shirts are good to hide the old undone top button trick. I also need to dig out my belly band pants extender thing - miracle invention that. My other problem is I've lent all my maternity clothes to a friend and I'm not seeing her until March long weekend. It'll all be easier when our secrets have been revealed

#84 Daffy2016

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

Thankfully I lost some weight before I got pregnant so my pants were a bit loose - they fit perfectly again now. But the nice new clothes I bought in a size down? No chance!

I still don't really feel like I have a bump though, just like I've gained weight. There was still some extra padding to start with!

#85 4littlebeans

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

I'm just so bloated and I'm only 8 weeks 😩 Need to get some more loose fitting tees and a new pair of shorts to see me through. I have a dating scan tomorrow, I keep having this feeling it's twins so will be good to get that out of my mind πŸ˜‚

#86 4littlebeans

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

Scan soon. So nervous. ν ½νΈ₯

#87 Redfishbluefish

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

Good luck 4littlebeans!!

#88 gumleaf

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

How did the scan go 4littlebeans?

I'm 12 weeks today and having a relatively nausea-free day so far... really hoping this is the end of morning sickness for me, fingers crossed! I had it from the start of week 6 to week 9, then about 5 days feeling more or less normal, then it came back even worse until 11w5d. I sympathise with everyone who's going through it at the moment... this is my first pregnancy and i never realised that 'normal' morning sickness would be so constant and awful. Blergh!

My 12-week scan is going to be next Monday (at 13 weeks). Got NIPT results back, all looks 'low risk' from that so hopefully the scan looks good too and we can finally spread the word a bit more.

In terms of clothes: I'm managing with my 1 pair of comfy maternity pants (stretchy fabric with a foldover waistband but they just look like skinny jeans) and 1 remaining pair of normal pants that are still comfortable for me. That's for work, anyway. Most of my tops are still fine.  Oh and buying maternity bras (which I did at 8.5 weeks I think?) also made a huge difference to how I felt. The comfort factor is crucial, especially for the afternoon bloating!

How is everyone else getting along?

#89 4littlebeans

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

My scan went well, saw the little jellybean and a heartbeat :)

Gumleaf: Yay For morning sickness disappearing! Today is the first day I have felt semi normal too, I hope it stays this way. Fantastic about your low risk nipt results! How many weeks were you when you got the test? I will be 10+4 when I do mine.

#90 gumleaf

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:49 AM

That's great 4littlebeans!

Pretty sure I was 10+4 as well when I had blood taken for the NIPT.

Yep it's not completely gone yet but feels like it's receding... can't wait!

#91 Chilo81

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

Hello everyone:)
This is my first post here. My friend recommended checking out this forum cause it's pretty hard waiting for my scans to find out if everything is going along ok!
I'm 9.5 wks and having my harmony test done next Wednesday. It seems like forever since my 6.5 wk scan and it's so hard not having any way to know if everything is going ok! Especially since I'm not really having any symptoms at the moment. I've been tired and had some bloating & food aversions but this week I pretty much feel normal! I'm hoping I'm just lucky but can't wait to see the scan at the harmony test and just know baby's still alive πŸ’• I'm also taking DH and will be the first time for him to actually see it so should be lovely for him too.
Already thinking about how to tell my mum and sister in a clever way! Can't wait to share our news!!
Look forward to getting to know you all better over the next months :)

#92 4littlebeans

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hi Chilo :)
Exciting you get your scan and test next week! I can't wait to do mine, then the 12 week scan...and finally tell people. Are you finding out gender with the harmony? I'm still undecided!

#93 Millie-Belle

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostChilo81, on 23 February 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

Hello everyone:)
This is my first post here. My friend recommended checking out this forum cause it's pretty hard waiting for my scans to find out if everything is going along ok!
I'm 9.5 wks and having my harmony test done next Wednesday. It seems like forever since my 6.5 wk scan and it's so hard not having any way to know if everything is going ok! Especially since I'm not really having any symptoms at the moment. I've been tired and had some bloating & food aversions but this week I pretty much feel normal! I'm hoping I'm just lucky but can't wait to see the scan at the harmony test and just know baby's still alive πŸ’• I'm also taking DH and will be the first time for him to actually see it so should be lovely for him too.
Already thinking about how to tell my mum and sister in a clever way! Can't wait to share our news!!
Look forward to getting to know you all better over the next months :)

Hi Chilo,
I'm feeling exactly the same as you! I'm 9 weeks and my only real symptoms are bloating, food aversions, super sore boobs/nipples and fatigue. It's so hard not to over think everything and worry! Good luck for your scan :)
I'm hanging out for the 17th March for my 12 week scan!

#94 Happylilcamper

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Hi Chilo! Good luck with your pregnancy xx the first trimester drags by so slow!

#95 Kattikat

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

SCAN TOMORROW! !! This has been the longest 7 weeks EVER. Not sure I'll sleep tonight (more due to the 2 year old than my stress levels tho...)

#96 Redfishbluefish

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:48 AM

Congrats on your scan 4littlebeans :)
Welcome Chilo, and good luck for your scan today Kattikat!
Afm, 12 weeks today yay. Scan is next Tues, not long to go. It will be my first scan, so a bit nervous. Just survived four nights of night duty, mil is here today to help out so might sneak a nap in. My symptoms are still there but getting better, although my boobs are making a late run for it haha. Nausea is definitely improving, thank goodness! Hope everyone else is well x

#97 Chilo81

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:06 AM

Thanks 4littlebeans! I don't think I want to find out the gender. DH is keen but I feel it's one of the only real surprises in life! So excited to tell people :) and I think it will be a big surprise for a lot of our friends.

Thanks Millie-Belle! My 12 wk scan 2 days before you! Will be great to have all the results by then 😊 I think we're just lucky not to be suffering like some poor women!

Thanks Happylilcamper & redfishbluefish 😊 Nice to meet you all. Sending good luck to all for scans! Xx

#98 rebeccadill18

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

HI Ladies,

First time mum here Due September 28th.

I am excited but also very nervous.

I would love to meet fellow mums who are in Australia who are experiencing pregnancy. to have a chat buddy.

Edited by ~A2~, 05 March 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#99 Kymmy80

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Ladies I need some help with what normal morning sickness looks like. Last pregnancy I was throwing up/dry retching 20+ times a day right up till we lost it at 16weeks.
This time I am only throwing up 5-10 times a day - is that what other people count as normal?? I am firmly been in the camp of that isn't too bad but have received some
Strange comments and wanted to check and see what others are experiencing.

#100 Redfishbluefish

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

Kymmy it sounds like your first pregnancy was maybe hyperemesis- that sounds pretty bad. Vomiting 5-10 times a day is pretty bad still and possibly bordering on hyperemesis. Have you spoken to your Dr? Are you mostly keeping food and fluids down?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.