CCR and CCB help please!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TobiasFLK

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

Any help would be great please.

I applied for CCB and CCR in early January. I received a letter from Centerlink stating that I do not qualify for the CCB (which was expected). It said we may still be eligible for CCR but we have had no follow up letter.

So what happens now? Am I supposed to apply for the CCR elsewhere (I can't seem to find anywhere to do this). Our CCC is charging us full price at the moment and have had no notification from CL.

I tried calling but gave up after 40 minutes on hold.

Our income is not extreme (however we are obviously over the CCB limit)

Any wise EBers been through similar?

#2 lozoodle

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

I may be wrong but when I got my CCR (which is subject to work / study test, not income) I just applied for CCB at $0 because our income is over the threshold, and that took me to the page for applying for CCR. I did it all online.

#3 wallofdodo

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

Trying to call centerlink at the moment is IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe go in.

#4 Mumtotwo13

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

If you have a $0 eligibility for CCB you should be able to apply for CCR online...
If you are INeligible for CCB, I don't think you will be eligible for CCR. Was there a reason given for being INeligible, or were you 'eligible' just at a $0 rate?

Clear as mud I know!

#5 Fresh Start

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

CCR is automatically assessed in your CCB claim. I don't know why it says MAY.

CCR is NOT income tested but both members of the couple must meet the work, training or study test.

Give your centre yours and the children's "CRN" identifiers from the letter. They will be able to report all attendance with those and see if CCR comes back.

Within the CCB claim you should have been asked how you wanted CCR paid - to you fortnightly, to the centre fortnightly or to you quarterly.

If the centre are able to report attendance then your claim has correctly been finalised - they can't report attendance if it hasn't.

If you chose CCR to you they will get nothing back but you will get CCR a few days after they report the attendance (unless of course you claimed quarterly payments which occur end Jan, OFt, end Jan, end Apr and after redo for quarter four if you claimed CCB as well (but income was over). They check CCB eligibility with reco and if there is some CCB payable they adjust quarter 4's CCR as necessary.

Call at 8am if you need to call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.