Due in October 2017 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#101 kSel86

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

Well today marks 10 weeks which is longer than last time which is great! Sooo hoping that all is great and growing lovely down there🙏🏻. Will head off for bloods this week sometime for harmony testing. We have decided to do this as with our last we had to have CVS but harmony testing will eliminate the need for that this time which is great. Will def have the twelve weeks scan also as they look for so many didfferent growth indicators and not just downs etc. i just cant wait to see that bub is all great and growing!

Can anyone feel any kind of ball in your tum yet? I cant remember with my last when i could first feel this.. must be soon?

Glad to see those who are having a few scan that they are all going great!

#102 Gerbera2015

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Yip I can Ksel, I'm 10 weeks tomorrow (or Monday if I go by scan date, but I'm sticking with my original for ease), and I've felt a bit of a bump there for weeks, on Sunday though my little right sided bump is now the whole way across so it expanded that day, I check every day as it's fascinating

#103 Pigling_

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Yay ksel! I'm 10 weeks today too and very excited to get to double digits. I even celebrated by having my first vomit this morning. How delightful.

I haven't really felt anything yet! Can't say I've been looking for anything though. Definitely getting a bit rounder in the tummy, not that anyone who didn't know me would notice but I certainly have!

#104 strawberryblonde76

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

Shiv: your OB will more than likely have a machine in his room that he or she will give you a quick scan with. And yeah I'm not sure re harmony but I'd be guided by whatever your OB suggests, I have a feeling it's more precise than pgd? Like 99% accurate against 97 or something like that. I could be making that up though!! I will def have it seeing as this is a natural conception.

#105 kSel86

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Do you ever have those days where you cant decide whether your just being hormonal and ridiculous or have a genuine reason to be really upset..?? This is me with my Hubs today, he has let me down so much in the last two days and I am an emotional wreck today but Im unsure whether Im just over reacting cos Im tired/emotional/hormonal/sensitive anyway and thus usually would not be bothered by what he's done (well its what he has NOT done that has hurt) or have a right to be utterly p*ssed off right now.. arrhhh sometime I swear I could just put him on the street with a giveaway sign :(

Sorry to dump this here.. I just dont have a single soul who is not at work atm whoIi could ring and vent to right now.

#106 Shiv7897

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:35 AM

Yeah I had one of those days yesterday and had a go at hubby for making me feel like I'm being lazy. Turns out that wasn't what he intended at all, so I think I was just being overly sensitive. It's so hard to tell though.

What did your hubby do?

#107 elawood

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Ohhh KSel, I'm feeling you. I'm getting super annoyed at DP for what I see as selfish behaviour.

In reality I'm just p*ssed off that I have to do all the heavy lifting for the first nine months. I can't drink and he's sympathetic but then can't see any logic when I suggest he cut down out of fairness. 'I'm just rolling with the hand I've been dealt'..... ARGH

I felt like this last pregnancy too and noticed that in the 2 months over summer when I wasn't pregnant, I did not react the same way to the same triggers, so yes I think part of it IS hormonal behaviour. I just have way less tolerance and take everything personally/emotionally. I know he'll be a good father and once the baby is born he will feel all the things I am already feeling, but at the moment it's an abstract concept to him so it doesn't occur to him to change his lifestyle yet....because he doesn't freaking have to! Meanwhile we have to change IMMEDIATELY but at least we can 'feel' a reason for it...does that make sense?

Hard work trying to control emotions though. I just end up yelling 'I'm hormonal!' and he just gives me space and/or a hug and I get over it eventually.
Good luck though!

#108 elawood

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

Also, on another topic - does anyone else feel like they are growing their baby in their butt????

I'm not exactly skinny anyway, but I've noticed in the last week my underwear has become tight and uncomfortable. WTF i'm only 6 weeks!!

I think I have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to just get a neat basketball bump and look normal everywhere else!

#109 kSel86

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Shiv and Elwood, I really dont even know how to explain it simply but will try the short version
This morning i was asked to do a special assignment for work (which was a great learning opportunity for me for my uni as well) and i had to turn it down because sick child is home from school and hubs had plans (non-ugent) so i could not do the special. So Im super p*ssed cos i have had to mould around his work for the last five years and now im trying to further my career and get an amazing job and he cant be a little bit flexable or supportive when i need him to be. There is obviously is more to it including the fact that i was up at least 8 times last nigh due to sick kids and nose bleeds etc so am really tired so Im probably over reacting but its not the first time I have had to turn work down because it doesnt suit him but this time it really hurt me cos I really wanted to do this special and just once I would love for him to be flexiable for me for a change.. anyway I will enjoy my peace and quiet while Im not talking to him haha

#110 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time kSel86. Even the nicest men can be such insensitive jerks sometimes.

I am raging at mine at the moment, he is being a lazy ^%#$&@ lately, he doesn't do anything around the house except wash the dishes once a day and acts like he deserves a freaking gold medal for doing even that. The house is filthy because he's a total slob, and I've been too unwell for the last 5 weeks to run around picking up after him like I usually do, it's driving me insane.

However I'm also raging at my boss today for the first time ever, so it's possibly hormones in my case lol. You sound like you do have a legitimate reason to be p*ssed off though!

#111 IShallWearTinsel

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

Yep hormones here too.

Took me 5 hours to clean the loungeroom yesterday because apparently when I went back to work in October, that meant no one dusts anything or vacuums the room edges (robot does the floor but cant get the edges properly) I had to move (and declutter) all the shelves, the TV and PC/PS3 stuff. The dust was massive balls all over the carpet when I finished!

And then DH sat and watched TV while I did bedtime for the big kids, instead of picking up the rest of the toys and vacuuming.

*sigh*

In other news, Encore is 8 weeks, looking great. MS sucks but ice cold Powerade is helping

#112 Gerbera2015

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Mine just asked me if I can mow the lawns tomorrow while he's out riding his motorbike. I don't mind doing lawns, but we always jokingly fight about whose doing them.

When I said they don't really need doing, he said "don't make things hard for yourself next weekend" in his lovingly joking voice with a cheeky smile! Rat!

I just hate doing lawns when it's hot, that's the killer.

#113 GCBec

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

I've been hormonal too. We moved house last weekend and DH wants everything unpacked ASAP. But I've been soooo exhausted after work, I just want to crawl into bed when I get home. He thinks I'm just being lazy. I just have no energy. He's unpacked almost everything by himself and I do feel bad... But I wish he could be a bit more understanding.
I also cry SO easily now. It's just ridiculous. DH snuck up on me in the bathroom last night and gave me a fright. I startle so easily and he thinks it's hilarious. Anyway, after shrieking I broke down into sobs and couldn't stop crying! It was bizarre.

#114 Ksout

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

So our scan went fabulous on friday. Saw our little bean's heart flickering away @ 139bpm which is pretty good I think. I'm officially 7+4 today.

I'm feeling pretty good at the moment other than tiredness. Hubby is being super nice and carrying shopping and stuff, he vacuumed yesterday for me too! I'm a lucky girl.

My big boss is in the branch today so I figured I may as well let work know so the cat is out of the bag :) Still won't be announcing anything til after our NT scan on 19/4 on fb.

#115 Pigling_

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Great news ksout!

#116 Eliloulou

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

sorry I am pretty absent on here, between my anxiety about prev miscarriages and flouncing between not feeling pregnant and thinking my symptoms are my imagination,  I'm not very good company. Have my first dating scan on Wednesday morning so am absolutely terrified. Really struggling to say or think the words I'm pregnant etc. We went on our annual camping trip this weekend just gone and said to hubby we will have a baby next year but it just didn't feel real!
My exhaustion has really ramped up a notch today though but it hust put it down to not eating and having a busy weekend. Hubs took our little one out today so I could nap and now I'm exhausted again! I've also put on a whole kg in a week which considering I don't eat is pretty frustrating! I lost 12kg when I was pg with my daughter because I couldn't eat then either.
Sorry too much between posts for personals but hope everyone is keeping well :)

Edited by Eliloulou, 13 March 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#117 kSel86

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Thats great news ksout!! Glad all went well!

Good luck Eliloulou for Wednesday!

Two weeks today until our 12 week scan, am soooo nervous but the constant nausea and vomiting is reassuring i guess. All appetite is gone though, really struggling with foods at the moment.

Nikki have sent you another pm :)

#118 nikki_205

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

Sorry kSel and anyone else that's PM'd me in the past week or so, I've been out with bronchitis (damn that compromised immune system!) then been away for the long weekend and away from a pc. I'll catch up on the fb invites tomorrow night.

#119 kSel86

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

No worries at all nikki! Have also had a little one down with the same so I sympathise with you, higs hope your feelig better soon xx

#120 e_vonny

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

elawood - I read your message a bit late about finances. Do you have a mortgage? You can put that on interest only for a year or so if that helps your cashflow. The caveat here is it will affect interest because you'll be accumulating more than if you paid down principal as well and delay paying off the loan. Still, it's an option if money is tight temporarily.

#121 Eliloulou

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Scan this morning was perfect!! HB 156bpm, 7w4d EDD 28th Oct! :)

#122 GCBec

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Awesome Eliloulou! That's such great news! I have my second scan tomorrow. Hopefully little peanut has gotten bigger and his heart had started beating more strongly. I'm so scared :(

I got some blood test results today and I've got gestational diabetes. So if everything IS ok tomorrow at the scan, I will still be classified as high risk.

7 weeks 4 days and still no MS. I've read no MS can mean higher risk of m/c. I need to stop googling!! My mother thinks I should just count my lucky stars because she had hyperemesis gravidarum and wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy...

#123 kSel86

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Good luck today Bec xxx

#124 Pigling_

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

Good luck Bec

#125 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Fantastic news Eliloulou, that must be a huge relief!

Good luck Bec, hope the scan went well!

I just told my bosses, figured it was time to do it after needing more time off this week. They were totally cool but now I'm panicking that things won't go well at the NT scan next week and I will have to un-tell them. Bring on Wednesday so I can hopefully relax again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.