Due in October 2017 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#151 GCBec

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

I'm 9 weeks today and still no MS. It makes me worry!
This is my first pregnancy and I'm a really bad secret keeper. So practically everyone knows. My parents and inlaws, my sister, my closest friends, a few work colleagues. I guess my stance is I wouldn't tell anyone that I wouldn't want to  know if we had a m/c.

I'm just so keen for my next scan on 6th April. If everything is good at that scan, the risks drop heaps. I am super worried that the GD will give me a toddler sized new born!

#152 kSel86

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

Well its 12+ 3 for me today, slowly feeling better. Tomorrows the big scan day! Getting quite nervous now. I thought by now I should be able to feel a ball of baby poking up above the pelvic bone but when I press on my tummy I cant feel anything and this is freaking me out big time!!! To contradict to this I have the biggest bloating to the point my youngest asked my yesterday if I have a baby in my tummy cos its so big now 😳 Have always had a bit of a tum but this is much bigger now 😳😳 so all in all its confusing and Im just anxious and very scared after last years loss for tomorrows scan.

#153 strawberryblonde76

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

Good luck kel thinking of you, I am sure all will be fine x

#154 kSel86

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Thanks Strawberry, scan went well, hooray! I must say I cried when he said there was a heartbeat 💕 Such relief, Iwas soooo nervous! Hubs was going to come but unfortunately both our little ones have been sick all weekend so he had to stay home look after them so i could go to the scan. Bit sad he couldnt be there to see our LO moving all about on screen but just so happy all is perfect and healthy and growing👌🏻 Can finally start to believe this is happening and we will be adding a new little addition to the family soon! Now am getting excited, best of luck to all who are next for your scans xxx

#155 yetanotherredhead

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

So glad the scan went well kSel86!! Great news.

I've been trying not to post in here - keep worrying I'm going to jinx myself.

We are reaching 11 weeks this Thursday - no scan until 12th of April (seems like an eternity away) but I just have to share how unwell I'm feeling. I'm sorry to report that despite it being an awesome sign, my spirit/soul is starting to wear down a little. Has anyone got any prescriptions to help morning sickness? I'm so close to seeing my GP. Just sick all-the-time. Having no luck keeping anti-nausea tablets down either sadly.

Promise to be more positive next post. Just a bit glum and feeling blah today.

#156 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

Fantastic news kSel86! Such a relief to know everything is going ok in there.

You poor thing yetanotherredhead - I definitely recommend seeing your GP for medication, being miserable and worn down is no good for you or baby. If you can't keep pills down, maybe try Zofran - it is a wafer you dissolve under your tongue so it gets absorbed right away. Good luck, I hope you are feeling better asap, MS is horrible.

I saw my GP this morning and combined screening all came back as low risk so that's good news.

I'm 13 weeks now and no more appointments until first hospital appt at around 18-20 weeks, and 20 week scan. I'm sure I'll work myself up into a frenzy of worry by then :huh:

#157 yetanotherredhead

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

Thank you Ninja.ivy. Booked in to see my GP tomorrow. And also hooray re: you being low risk. 13 weeks is wonderful!! Thanks again for your kindness.

#158 Gerbera2015

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

Yay for good scan results!!!

I had my blood test this morning for My NT scan which is Thursday afternoon. 3 more sleeps!! Can't wait.

Ate breakfast too late this morning, and now I've demolished a packet of pringles. The big one. In a bid to keep the sickness feeling at bay. It's working but it's not exactly good for me. But oh the salt mmmmmm lol

I've got to paint our garage this week - going to be fun! DH might help with the walls but I'll have to do all the edges. We pulled up all the tiles last weekend and had the concrete grinder in on Saturday to smooth it all out, well DH did that bit lol, and then yesterday we painted. What a mission. Final step will be a new laundry yay!

#159 Bidi

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

View Postyetanotherredhead, on 27 March 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Thank you Ninja.ivy. Booked in to see my GP tomorrow. And also hooray re: you being low risk. 13 weeks is wonderful!! Thanks again for your kindness.
My dr prescribed Dozile and it helps me feel better - not normal but better!

#160 yetanotherredhead

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

Thank you Bidi. Better feeling is all I'm aiming for. Just trying to keep positive! Thank you for making me see there are alternatives.

#161 Dirtsa

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hi ladies, how are you all going?

GCBec- don't worry, not everyone gets morning sickness. I'm on pregnancy number 3 and haven't really had any ms in any of them. A few weeks back I was feeling quite nauseous all day long but now I attribute that to the shingles i was unknowingly suffering from at the time.

Great news about scans coming back, Gc  and ninja. ETA and Ksel!

I'm just shy of 12 weeks, atm. My shingles has cleared up and moved on without any lingering nerve pain, thank god. I did get some energy back but still feeling quite exhausted most if the time. Hopefully 2nd  trimester will relieve that a bit.

I got a bit of a scare this week, from my doctor's receptionist. I did the Genea Genesyte blood test, which is similar to the Harmony one. I was feeling  pretty nervous as I'm 38 and I know that things  can get a bit more risky as time marches on. This test wasn't available when I had my other 2 kids. I called up my doctors surgery a week later to get the results. The receptionist says "I've got the results here. It says there's no growth". I said "pardon?"  "There's no growth" " oh... does this mean that I have lost my baby?" (Panic, panic). She pauses and then says " this is the results of a bacterial swab" ohhhhhh right lol. When they tested for shingles (viral)  they also tested incase it was something else, which,  it wasn't. I told her I wanted my blood test results (again) she got flustered and put me on hold. Then a nurse came in the phone, apologised for the fright and said they didn't have the results yet. So I called again the next day, and was clear that I was calling to get my Genea blood test results. Went through the whole "there's no growth" business again, (seriously!!) and was again told no results had arrived for me. After a few more phone calls to the company and the drs, I finally got the results: no abnormalities detected and... it's a girl!!! Yay!!! I have two boys already and we're all really excited for a little girl. I will still do the 12 week scan, booked in for next Friday. Fingers crossed it can confirm everything is good.

I'm weighing up how much longer I should wait to start telling people, especially work. I could any time, i suppose but I might wait until 13/14 weeks. I think my tummy is starting to show a bit.

Well ladies, I hope you're all enjoying a relaxing weekend. I'm lying in bed atm, but have to think about making dinner sooon...  argh

Edited by Frau, 03 April 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#162 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Oh you poor thing Frau! How stressful. But congratulations on finding out you have a healthy bub and how lovely to have a little girl after two boys!

I am having serious regret over not doing the harmony test, kicking myself for not just going ahead and doing it. Too late now. So still another month or more until we find out the gender :closedeyes:

I've already told HR and my immediate team at work, but I'm not announcing it to everyone else - they will figure it out when my belly gets big enough!

I hit 14 weeks yesterday - 2nd trimester! Spent the whole weekend sick and/or exhausted on the couch so I'm still waiting for that glow to kick in :huh:

#163 Dirtsa

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostNinja.Ivy, on 03 April 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

I am having serious regret over not doing the harmony test, kicking myself for not just going ahead and doing it. Too late now. So still another month or more until we find out the gender
Ninja- If you are interested, the Genestye test I did (www.genea.com.au)  is available from 10 weeks up to 20 weeks. I did the test on the Monday, the results were back by the Friday. It was my doctors receptionists who were stuffing around with the " we haven't received the results" thing for a few days after. Hope that the sickness and exhaustion passes soon for you.

I'm really hoping the nesting thing kicks in super early because my house needs some major decluttering and we need to make room for #3. I suggested to my 7 year old that we might put the Duplo away under the stairs until the baby is ready for it in a couple of years. He was mortified. He doesn't play with it, but it's his!!

Gerbera,YARedhead,Bidi- hope you nausea eases asap!

Edited by Frau, 03 April 2017 - 04:41 PM.

#164 GCBec

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Hiya girls!

Had another scan yesterday and little peanut has arms and legs!! Could see him moving - it was so cool. Yep, calling it a him cause that's what I reckon I'm having. Haha.
Nice and healthy with a HR of 166 and measuring 35mm.

It's been a bit quiet in here lately! What are you all up to? How are we all feeling??
I'm 11 weeks this weekend.... can someone tell me if my boobs will stop hurting soon? It's driving me insane!

#165 Dirtsa

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

I had a scan today too! It's so amazing to see your little baby in such detail, isn't it? I'm at 12 weeks now.

from memory the boobs don't stop hurting , although everyone is different! It might reduce a bit as the pregnancy goes along. Mine aren't as sore now as they were a few weeks back.

#166 Pigling_

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

Hi ladies,
I've been a bit absent from here. Whoops!

Had my scan at 12 weeks and everything looked fabulous. Was so exciting to see baby looking like a real person. Got my blood test results the week after and everything came back as low risk so that was excellent news. We told our friends and made a public announcement so it feels much more real now that it's no longer a secret!

I'm 14+2 today and for the last week or so have been feeling well which is great. Still a bit tired but I also haven't been sleeping that well - not sure whether that's because of daylight savings ending or pregnancy but either way it's a bit annoying!

My SIL and BIL (well his gf) are also expecting their first 2 weeks either side of us which is really exciting. Looking forward to catching up with them over easter. And my other SIL is having her 3rd in a couple of weeks. Lots of babies for that side of the family this year!

Hope you are all well!

#167 kSel86

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Hey all! Yes been super quiet here lately! All traveling along well here, sickness has eas d soo much this week, almost feel normal again. Am super tired though but have been pretty flat out too so thats not helping. Also told all the family and getting around friends too when we see them. Not doing the whole gb announcment for a while, maybe twenty weeks. Have my first booking in appointment at the hospital coming up in a month. Will be half way then, time seems to be getting quicker as we go along. Cant believe im booking in my twenty week checkup already! Hope everyone else is traveling along well and any sickness is startin she to ease alittle

#168 Gerbera2015

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

I'm 14+2 today, slept off and on all day yesterday! I have only done that twice, I gather every now and then I just need a massive catch up. Had something like 4 or 5 naps, and then slept all night.

I woke up this morning with a sore back, all over, and also along the sides of my tummy, weird, but that disappeared fairly quick.

So sick of my left hip though, it's always been a bit annoying, and it drives me nuts, it must get something out of alignment every now and then so walking, bending etc is difficult, doesn't generally last long luckily. Today it thought a good idea was to start being a PITA the minute I walked into the supermarket - went to the self scan check out and I was standing on one foot bending to put things in bags - not a chance of bending at the hip.

Have my first hospital appt in 2 weeks, say before Anzac, which also means I get 2 4 day weekends yay! I hope I can hear the heartbeat at this appt, it's just meeting the midwife and going over my history I think so not sure.

Does anyone know how I book 20 week scan? Does the hospital organise this? I'm assuming so

#169 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Great to hear everyone is travelling along well!

Not much going on with me. I'm 15+1 and was feeling much better but came down with a cold last week so feeling a bit miserable again. Can't win!

I have my first hospital appointment on Wednesday, just a booking in appointment with the midwife. Hoping she might check the heartbeat? but might have to wait for first appointment with the ob which is two weeks later. Either way, looking forward to getting things rolling.

Gerbera2015 - I think it depends on the hospital. Mine doesn't do it, I have to get a referral from the GP and organise it privately as I did with the NT scan, but I believe some hospitals do it so probably best to check with them.

#170 Dirtsa

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

It's a bit quiet in here!

Hope you're over your cold Ninja.Ivy. With winter coming I think we'll be facing a few colds between us all in this DIG.

Gerbera15 - my doctor said the hospital I'm going to wont arrange the 20 week ultrasound so she has given me the referral for it. How's your hip treating you?

Ksel86- good news about the nausea easing off.

I had my 12 week ultrasound last week. It went well (I think I mentioned it above). I'm getting conflicting advice though, about what the DNA blood test covers, vs the regular "triple test" as my doctor called it, looks at. So, had another blood test yesterday. I'll get the results next week. Based on the latest ultrasound the doctor has revised my number of weeks along to 11 weeks.

I have some time to myself today and tomorrow so a major house decluttering/organising mission is in front of me.... it's lunch time and I haven't really started yet... not sure how far I'm going to get.

Hope everyone else is going well.

Edited by Frau, 14 April 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#171 Gerbera2015

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

I'm 15 weeks today :)

My hip hasn't been too bad, I think it's pelvic girdle pain, I put a post on fb a couple of days ago, and since then it's eased up lol. Typical. But good. I'm assuming I must just be more mindful of it and trying not to aggravate it.

Haven't got much planned for the weekend here, been doing housework this morning and now it's time to rest

#172 ~A2~

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.