Due in October 2017 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#26 Kymmy80

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

I had my dating scan today which changed my due date to 5th Oct from 30th September. It's one hurdle crossed for us but I won't rest easy till after 16 weeks when we lost our last baby.

#27 Ksout

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

Just got my results from my second beta this morning and she said I'm doing fabulous with hcg around 6500 and prog at 149.

I've been finding that I am definitely feeling alot more crampy, twingy and pulling this time than last time. I'm putting it down to my age however and the fact my last pregnancy was 14years ago. I was 21 then lol.

I feel completely positive and am starting to plan. I'm just over 5 weeks and already my work pants and skirt are uncomfortably tight. Is anyone else having that issue? I wasn't expecting it this early. I just jumped on asos and bought a black maternity skirt for work so I can be comfy.

We've got our first scan booked next friday on 10th, my birthday!! I can't wait to hear that little heart beating.
Just got my results from my second beta this morning and she said I'm doing fabulous with hcg around 6500 and prog at 149.

I've been finding that I am definitely feeling alot more crampy, twingy and pulling this time than last time. I'm putting it down to my age however and the fact my last pregnancy was 14years ago. I was 21 then lol.

I feel completely positive and am starting to plan. I'm just over 5 weeks and already my work pants and skirt are uncomfortably tight. Is anyone else having that issue? I wasn't expecting it this early. I just jumped on asos and bought a black maternity skirt for work so I can be comfy.

#28 Elgw

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

Hi everyone I had my scan yesterday - it was so wonderful to see a little heart beat!!! Heart rate was 160 and all seems normal (she didnt comment on my dates ill ask my GP on Thursday). I feel reassured and hope to just relax into it all.
Im still recovering from a bad head cold and I have really sore gums which I hope dont last the whole pregnancy!

#29 strawberryblonde76

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

Hi all,  just wanted to let you know I am pretty sure I am out. Started period type bleeding this afternoon and mild cramping. So disappointed as it really felt like this one was meant to be after 2.5 years trying and IVF. I've got a scan on thurs so will update after that but I am pretty sure we won't be seeing much.

#30 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

Blergh i feel rubbish. Nauseated and exhausted. Nowhere near as bad as with my oldest, so chances are its a singleton (DH will freak if there are more than 1 lol)

#31 Amz84

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostIShallWearMidnight, on 28 February 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

Blergh i feel rubbish. Nauseated and exhausted. Nowhere near as bad as with my oldest, so chances are its a singleton (DH will freak if there are more than 1 lol)

I feel like rubbish as well - tried to explain it to my husband as a queasy hangover that I've been stuck with all bloody day 😂 Definitely going to be getting lots of early nights...!!!!

#32 Shiv7897

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

Strawberry - hang in there. I'll be hoping for good news for you on Thursday

#33 Bidi

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

View Poststrawberryblonde76, on 28 February 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Hi all,  just wanted to let you know I am pretty sure I am out. Started period type bleeding this afternoon and mild cramping. So disappointed as it really felt like this one was meant to be after 2.5 years trying and IVF. I've got a scan on thurs so will update after that but I am pretty sure we won't be seeing much.

I really hope everything turns out ok.  I am sorry you are going through this as it is awful.  Look after yourself xx

#34 strawberryblonde76

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Shiv and Bidi. I was reading the old thread on this page and saw that Hope had something similar that has turned out ok so far, so we'll see, I'm not overly hopeful though just because I've never had a good esperience with bleeding and pregnancy, my two successful ones had no bleeding.

Anyway, will let you know. To top it off moving on Friday so nothing like a stressful week!

#35 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

Sorry to hear strawberryblonde76 - take care of yourself and will be crossing my fingers for a positive outcome for you.

Ksout - yep, my work clothes are all uncomfortably tight. Has been awful in this hot weather as my only summer skirts are really tight fitting and no way I want to squeeze into them. Today I caved and dug out an ugly old stretchy skirt that I hate, but I figure comfort is more important at this stage. Will have to go shopping asap, but feel a bit funny looking for maternity clothes before I even have a bump!

After feeling much better the last couple of days (and getting a bit worried), I feel lousy again today. Living for the weekends at the moment, work is such a struggle.

#36 e_vonny

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

Strawberryblonde - that's awful. Crossing my fingers for you. Thursday seems like miles away.

#37 Bidi

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

Scan done! 6 weeks and 5 days.  Heart beat at 141 bpm.  Felt such a relief that all was well and that there was only 1 in there.  The technician did tell me I was crazy to be going for no.4 and some days I have to agree with her!!!!

#38 elawood

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

Sorry to hear strawberryblonde, hoping for positive news.

Bidi that's fantastic! I've seen your struggles on various TTC boards so that's really good news, congrats!

#39 strawberryblonde76

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

Great news Bidi!

#40 Pyewacket

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself for those who were not in the TTC groups. Got a BFP last week. I beleive I am 5 weeks with number 2 (my EDD is 30/10/17) Going to visit the doc on friday and then hopefully a dating scan late next week or even the week after (with DS they couldnt see anything in our 1st scan as it was too early so I was in a panic for a fortnight until we went back and saw the heart beat. This time around I am feeling sick all day long, have head aches and excuse the TMI but really upset tummy each evening. I did have the same thing with my tummy with DS but I didnt have the sickness or headaches so I'm already feeling sorry for myself 😂😂

Strawberry... I hope everything is OK. I actually had some pretty heavy bleeding early on with DS and everything turned out fine. It was so bad I was woken up because I thought I had wet the bed. We went to hospital and one of the doctors explained that sometimes pockets of the lining can come away but it doesn't harm baby at all. Hopefully this is the case for you.

Congrats to everyone else! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Edited by Pyewacket, 01 March 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#41 strawberryblonde76

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

Hi all, good news, tiny bean and heart beat this morning! Not sure what the bleeding was but Ob wasn't fussed, back next week for another quick scan given I'm 40 and have had a couple of miscarriages, IVF etc. fingers crossed.

#42 Tarly24

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hi ladies, i technically belong in November but i have a question for all of you who have had scans already- how far along were you when you had your scan? And did you see the heartbeat?
Im going to be overseas from 6w3d for a week.
Not sure if i should book for a scan before that or will i have to wait til i get back to see a heartbeat?

#43 kSel86

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

Strawberry thats such great news!! What a relief for you, i hope that is the last of it for you xxx

Welcome pywacket!

great news also Bidi! i too was also relieved to find only one in there :)

Ksout I too am getting such tum even Hubs commented last night how huge i am by night time. Mornings are fine but just bloat so much over the day.

9 weeks for me today, still got horrid MS... Am great in the mornings but gets worse as the day goes on, by the time night comes Im crap, couldnt even eat the slow-cooked lamb shanks i made for dinner and just had steamed vegies... it just smelt awful to me and sent me gagging to the toilet! Hubs had three helpings and said it was great looked great in the morning when i put it on!! :(

Tarly this scan we were 6+4 and seen and heard the heart beat. Seen heartbeat at 5+4 with my first but some people have gone at 6ish weeks and not seen the heart beat but did the following weeks so it really in individual i think, just depends on babies development.

#44 Expatmother

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Good Morning ladies!
I'm a newbie to the group. Despite having an IUD I have found myself pregnant. I had the IUD removed and I should be due October 26th.
Honestly it's not a great time for me but I'm starting to accept it and beginning to be excited :)
My husband and I are based in the Middle East for work and I'm unsure if I will give birth here. Previously I gave birth in Paris (where my husband is from) so I may travel back there. I'm originally a Perth girl.
I'm around 6 weeks and I'm feeling pretty sick most of the time. I've had a scan (when I had the IUD removed) at 5 weeks and we heard a heartbeat.
Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you ♥

#45 Pigling_

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hello newbies and congratulations!

Strawberry - Glad everything is going well!

Tarly- I was 7+1 and easily saw heartbeat.

Great news bidi!

Having to undo the work pants in the afternoon here!

#46 strawberryblonde76

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Tarly I am 6 weeks and one day today and saw a heartbeat with an internal ultrasound.

#47 Bidi

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

View Poststrawberryblonde76, on 02 March 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Hi all, good news, tiny bean and heart beat this morning! Not sure what the bleeding was but Ob wasn't fussed, back next week for another quick scan given I'm 40 and have had a couple of miscarriages, IVF etc. fingers crossed.
I am so happy to hear everything is great!!!!  I know how worrying it can be.  Hoping everything is smooth sailing from here xx

#48 nikki_205

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

I'm with you all on the nausea and bloating. I basically don't move from the moment I get home from work until I go to bed at the nana-like time of 9pm.

Planning to go shopping this weekend for looser fitting clothes. Scales haven't budged but definitely looks like a belly.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Edited by ~A2~, 05 March 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#49 GCBec

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

Hi Ladies!!

After 8 months of trying I got my BFP last Saturday!! I think I'm due between 28th and 31st October. I go for a dating scan on Monday!

I'm overweight so I have to go do the oral glucose tolerance test tomorrow.

This is my first and it feels surreal. Like someone is going to pop out and yell "PUNK'D!!"

I honestly thought I was getting my period. Crampy, acne, emotional, sore boobs. But AF never came. And the cramps stayed. Haha

I think I'm six weeks on Sunday. I haven't had any nausea or anything yet. knock on wood.

We're moving house this weekend and I've been so stressed out. Now I know I'm pregnant, it makes more sense why I've been kind of taking everything to heart this past couple of weeks, haha.

Soooo happy to get to know you ladies!

I'm Bec, 30 and from the Gold Coast :) :)

#50 rosie_pie

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Congrats Bec! That's so exciting! I'm from the GC too and we are due about the same time Posted Image ... I hope you are feeling well so far, good luck with the house move!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.