Due in October 2017 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#51 GCBec

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

Thanks Rosie!  It's been about 2.5 years since I quit. But things like this make me want to reactivate, haha. Where abouts on the GC are you? We're up north in Jacobs Well (near Coomera). Do you have nausea? I'm starting to worry because I feel fine.

#52 GCBec

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

Strawberry blonde.... I see you're moving too! Hope your move is really straight forward. Our truck comes in the morning and my house looks like a bomb hit it. Not organised at all. Eeeek.

#53 elawood

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

Strawberry I'm so pleased to hear it!

Tarly I saw a heartbeat at 5+4 last time so it is possible. I'm having this dating scan at 7weeks this time just because it fits in with mine and DP's schedule better.

I'm 5+1 today and after having no real symptoms for the last week, BAM pregnancy fatigue hit me like a truck yesterday. Can barely keep my head from hitting my desk at work this morning and am not sure how I'm going to get through the next 5 weeks of term (I'm a drama/dance teacher....with no energy....my lessons have been dull this week!)

And yes totally bloated - can't believe it happened so quickly. Had my bloods done yesterday so if I hear nothing on Monday I'll assume all is good.

What are everyone's thoughts about caffeine? I have cut back from two cups to one but given the walloping tiredness I am not sure how to get by without it. Not really clear about what you can and can't have, just that you should either cut back or cut it out.

#54 Amz84

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostGCBec, on 02 March 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

I'm Bec, 30 and from the Gold Coast :) :)

Welcome Bec and Congrats!

I'm on the Gold Coast too and due just a few days before you :)

#55 Tarly24

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Thanks all for your replies about when to do the scan. Turns out my FS wont do the scan til 7 1/2 weeks anyway so decision is out of my hands!
Not sure I'd want to have a scan with no heartbeat then head off to Bali for a week with that stress hanging over me til i got back.
This way i can just assume all is good until we get back 😊

#56 Ksout

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

View Postnikki_205, on 02 March 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

I'm with you all on the nausea and bloating. I basically don't move from the moment I get home from work until I go to bed at the nana-like time of 9pm.

Planning to go shopping this weekend for looser fitting clothes. Scales haven't budged but definitely looks like a belly.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Edited by ~A2~, 05 March 2017 - 11:53 AM.

#57 e_vonny

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

Strawberryblonde - I just read you saw a heartbeat! I'm so happy baby is ok!

Tarly - I think they can see a heartbeat usually at 6w but only if you're not earlier than they think. I think around 5w is when it's very borderline. 7w is better because even if you're a week late with ovulation etc, you'd see the heartbeat.

elawood - the amount of caffeine is 200mg a day but this is really hard to measure. I think a cafe coffee is more than that but it varies between cafes/blends etc. Instant coffee is less. This page has a table of amounts of caffeine in various food/drinks:
http://www.babycente...ancy-whats-safe

I've cut down in terms of not drinking a cafe coffee every day (I used to have 1 a day). Maybe once in a while, Sometimes I even drink half a coffee rather than the whole one (because weak coffee tastes horrible) or I drink tea. One a day might still be ok - I just prefer to cut it down if I can because I don't know the caffeine content in a cafe coffee.

#58 Pigling_

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Welcome Bec and congratulations!

Regarding coffee- I would happily have one a day and I think that's fine. Unfortunately I have completely gone off it so haven't had any for the last month. I used to adore my morning coffee too :(

#59 Bidi

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

The dr has prescribed me Maxalon today.  Never had it before for pregnancy.  Anyone have any experience?  Good I hope it helps cause I can't live off maccas fries and peanut butter toast for the next 7 weeks......🤢

#60 Kymmy80

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Maxalon is fine for nausea. I find it makes me tired the first couple of times but after that it is all good. I have taken everything there is for nausea in pregnancy.

#61 nikki_205

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

I've completely gone off coffee and tea so even though I would be comfortable having a coffee a day, I'm having nothing. The first couple of weeks I kept forgetting, and would make myself a coffee at work, have 1 sip, then let it get cold.

#62 ~A2~

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Hi all

Hope you are all well.

Just a reminder that any mention of the FB group in the thread will be edited and repeatedly posting will result in a warning.

PM contact can be made for all discussion but not all members have FB or want to join the group and as it is completely separate and unmoderated it needs to stay off our boards.

To PM a member click on their username and then hit the send message button.  If you receive a message it will show in the blue side bar on the left hand side (there will be a number beside 'new messages'

Regards

Ali

EB/EK Moderator

#63 Dirtsa

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hi all, thought I'd join in! I'm due mid October. Currently approximately 8 weeks along. I've got 2 older primary school age kids, so it's been awhile since I was last at this party! I'm excited but also nervous.

I'm also a bit under the weather atm. I have a cold and also got diagnosed yesterday with shingles!!!  I couldn't believe it. I thought my immune system was chugging along great, have rarely been sick in the past 12 months. But it looks like it's taken a hit, and dreaded shingles popped out. Thankfully it's pretty mild. Had I a clue as to what shingles looked like I wouldn't have waited so long to get to the doctor! I had it a week at least already. So here I am lying in bed all day today, no energy. It's my wedding anniversary and DH has taken the kids out for the afternoon so I can get some rest.

Sorry this is a bit of a sad sack introduction, but I'm mooching and feeling sorry for myself today!

Anyone got any immunity boosting tips for pregnancy?

ETA as others have mentioned, I've also gone of coffee, and to a lesser extent, tea. Switched to decaf, not as exciting...

Edited by FestiveFrau, 05 March 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#64 Pigling_

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Welcome and congratulations Frau! Sorry to hear you aren't well, and on your anniversary too! No tips from me I'm afraid but I hope you feel better soon.

Is anyone else having trouble with 'morning sickness' in the evening? Lately I've been felling ok in the morning but go steadily downhill by the afternoon to the point where I'm barely eating dinner. Sucks! Just trying to have something nutritious but not too heavy for brekky and lunch.

9+3 today and definitely starting to get a bit more of a belly - probably is just bloat to a large extent but it is hanging around for longer!

#65 kSel86

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Pigling i am feeling the exact same re afternoon sickness though i must say this weekend has been a bit of a welcome relief with the ms not as intense (que freakout bout mc lol) i too am getting a belly, number three and my body seems to know what to do and has popped right out already 😬
Welcome Frau, im a bit the same as you with two little ones  at school now and suddlenly going back for the long awaited third! Hope you get better soon xx
I too have gone off coffee and tea even the decaf stuff.. do miss my morning cup of greatness but just cant seem to stomach it lately

Edited by kSel86, 05 March 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#66 GCBec

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

Had my dating scan today and it's not amazing news. My yolk sack is measuring 6 weeks (by my calculations I'm 6 weeks 1-2 days) but baby is measuring 5 weeks 3 days. Heart rate is only 96 and the technician said it should be 110+. I have to go back in 10 days to see if my "pregnancy is viable" as the technician put it. She also thought she might have seen twins... This will be a slow ten days!

#67 Gerbera2015

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

hugs, hope it goes as fast as possible, and that things are all ok in there

#68 Pigling_

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Oh sorry to hear this Bec. Fingers crossed that everything is ok x

#69 kSel86

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

Am so sorry to hear Bec xx I know it will be such a long ten days for you but i hope you jave good news at the end!

I am struggling alot this week with anxieties and fear of loosing our bub. Am 9+5 today and this week is the same week we found out our last little one had passed at 7 weeks which resulted in the D&C at 10weeks. Im so scared. It doesnt help that my ms has pretty much gone these last few days and my boobs dont hurt anwhere near as much. Its all just freaking me out atm really and i wish i could have a quick scan just to check all is ok befor doing the harmony test next week and for reassurance all is ok :(

#70 Shiv7897

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

I'm struggling with anxiety too. Got a scan at 2.30pm today and feel like I'm having a panic attack

#71 Bidi

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostkSel86, on 07 March 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Am so sorry to hear Bec xx I know it will be such a long ten days for you but i hope you jave good news at the end!

I am struggling alot this week with anxieties and fear of loosing our bub. Am 9+5 today and this week is the same week we found out our last little one had passed at 7 weeks which resulted in the D&C at 10weeks. Im so scared. It doesnt help that my ms has pretty much gone these last few days and my boobs dont hurt anwhere near as much. Its all just freaking me out atm really and i wish i could have a quick scan just to check all is ok befor doing the harmony test next week and for reassurance all is ok :(

I completely understand how you feel and have been feeling this way too.  I keep thinking 'how would I know if something's wrong as I didn't know the other two times".  I keep thinking I should go ask the dr for another blood test to check my levels.

But we need to try and remain positive!

As for MS my sister had the worst MS ever from week 6 to week 9 and then it just stopped.  She had a very healthy baby boy.

My boobs have never really hurt.  Pains here and there but never all over sore.  Not sure if that's because I've breast feed 3 babies already but I don't think it's a big issue.

If you are really worried you can always go to your dr.

I hope you feel more relaxed soon. Xx

#72 Gerbera2015

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

I understand the anxiety too, I'm not too bad but it's still floating through my head daily.

I'm 9+4 today, I had a scan at 7w and next one is 12+6 so still a while away. Like 3 weeks!

crossing fingers for everyone.

#73 elawood

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

Good luck for the next ten days Bec

I hear you all re anxiety. Had a near panic attack yesterday, just totally overwhelmed with being pregnant again. I'm 5+4 so the neural tube will be closing and forming a spine at the moment and that's the problem we had last time (although didn't find out till 13 weeks) so it's on my mind (not that I can control it of course!)

Have had some weird lower calf pain and had a funny unexplained bruise there the other day - so of course I'm freaking out about DVT....although I do have Achilles tendinitis so maybe the calf pain is related to that. But recently discovered DVT runs in my family

Also having a big freak out about finances and money things etc. We are trying to work out how to live on one income so I can have a year off. Anyone got/heard of any good tips for that one?

#74 kSel86

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Not that it is good everyone is worrying but its comforting to know Im not the only one who has worries and anxieties at this stage. Am the same as u Gerbra, scan at i think 6+4 weeks and not another for 3+ weeks ...! Feels like forever away!  

Good luck today Shiv! Xx

Edited to add elawood, no real tips but maybe start trying to put a large chunk of your wage away and get use to living off whats left. You could the. Use what u save to pay things like rego and insurances (house/car etc) bills for the full year not the 6 month or monthly, helps reduce those extra cost for the 12 months u have off.

Edited by kSel86, 07 March 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#75 kSel86

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

Also have pm'd you nikki :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.