Introduce Yourself

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#126 Jax12

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

View Postjayz~mel, on 19 March 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

I've kept one from every pregnancy. They're in a drawer in my office :lol:
Same, this is why I was a bit devo when the digital "Pregnant, 2-3" disappeared after a couple of days!!  :(

Congrats Number5at49! How are you feeling??  Upside is plenty of babysitters on hand :D

#127 Expectingnumero3

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Welcome number 5!

So I went to the GP today and he said HCG levels put me at 5-7 weeks, but was only 4+2 when I had bloods. Something to worry about?

#128 Apples and Oranges

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

Congratulations on all the BFPs!
I'm a little late to the party but got a surprise BFP yesterday. Still in shock. My cycle has been all over the place but according to dates I'm due Nov 30th (our wedding anniversary). Off to see the GP tomorrow.

I have a 17 month old DS (he'll be 2 in October). He was a big baby and did some damage to my pelvis and broke my tailbone so I'm assuming this time I'll either be induced early or have a c section.

Fingers crossed for sticky babies!

#129 Jax12

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Holy moly Apples and Oranges....broken tailbone??  Far out!!  Good luck this time around.  Hoping you avoid that sort of damage again!  Ouch :(

#130 number5 at49

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Jax12 I am trying to be in denial-however my protruding belly, sore boobs and the joyous nausea won't let me. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure I will feel happier.

#131 yellybelly

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Thanks Athena, fingers and toes crossed here.

Congrats #5, this would only be #2 for me but I'm in my 40's too - there aren't too many of us.😜

and I second the 'holy moly' comment about the broken tail bone - none of that this time!

Edited by yellybelly, 21 March 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#132 jayz~mel

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Well I had my viability and dating scan this morning and there's definitely a little squidlet in there! It's measuring around the same as what I worked out, so we're sticking with November 12th. Squidlet's little heartbeat was belting along at a healthy 120bpm. Considering I was convinced I'd get there and she'd say she couldn't find a heartbeat, because of our other losses, I'm more than a little relieved.

xx Mel.

#133 yellybelly

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Ahhh, great news Mel!! It's exactly what you want to see. xx

#134 Ellie92

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations on all the BFPs!

Just popping my head in to say hello and introduce myself. I'm 24 and DH is 25.

We started trying in January. I have really long irregular periods (43-52 day cycles give or take). So I expected it to take a long time to conceive.

I felt kind of funny on Sunday night and decided to take a pregnancy test. To my surprise we had a  BFP!

I'm so excited but this all seems very sureal.

We're headed for a dating scan next week. Based on my last period our tentitive due date is the 20th of November.

I've heard a lot about first trimester fatigue, but is anyone sleeping less? I normally sleep 9ish hours a night, for the past 2-3 weeks I can't seem to sleep more than 5 hours a night. And I'm not tired during the day. Is anyone experiencing something similar?

#135 Motherofeight

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:15 AM

Hi ladies, Congrats too you all on the BFPs.
Just wanted to say Hi im Nicole mother of eight soon to be nine lol oldest is 23 this year & youngest just turned 5. Im in my 40s & very very surprised!!
We haven't been using any birth control for the afew years so we just thought we were done lol not..
Anyways had a dating scsn last week measured at 7wk heart beat 134bpm due on the 3rd of November

Edited by Motherofeight, 23 March 2017 - 05:20 AM.

#136 isbale

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

Hi all.

I'm a first timer, having my first due 25th November, via IVF, I'm in my 40's and have been completely taken by surprise we've been trying for 7yrs, this is my first BFP, so still don't believe I am.

I'm 5wks. I thought I should join a group and see what I'm in for :yes: I've been feeling nauseous for 2wks :sick: but happily  have not hurled lol I have my 8wk scan in 3wks and am a bit worried as they are thinking twins as my first  HCG 517  and second two days latter was 917 and I'm not on any hormone treatment, Anyone with any experiance with this? I don't seem to be getting anywhere with Dr Google.

#137 isbale

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Hi Ellie

I've had the same thing waking up at 3-4am for the last 2wks, the worst was a 1:30am wake up and not being able to go back to sleep, it is starting to catch on me now, am very tired today lol.

Good luck with the sleep.

#138 furbaby

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

Don't worry isbale my HCG at 4+1 was 943 and doubled every 39hours, one heartbeat for me :)

#139 yellybelly

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Oh, me too. I've been waking around 4 - 4.30 and then I need to pee so I few times I've just stayed up and gone to work early (I get up for work at 5.30 anyway).

Congrats to the new guys here, but a special Hi to isbale / I've had a relatively easy ivf journey, you go girl for hanging in there for 7 years!!!!

#140 Catnipness

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a first timer, 38 years old and my husband is 39. We live in Sydney.

EDD is 16 November, but booked in for a dating scan next Friday morning. Hanging to see that heartbeat.

I was super excited when I found out. Now it feels kind of awkward being in this limbo waiting land until we can tell people! Time feels like it is moving so slowly.

Planning to tell our parents on Mother's Day.

#141 ***Athena***

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

Hi all
Update here- I had a massive bleed yesterday :( scared me witless!!
I wrote it out here /http://www.essential...-7-weeks-6days/

Everything seems ok now but dam!

Congrats on all the new BFPs and a shout out to the 40 club!! I will be 40 this year too.

#142 Wanting#3

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

Oh Athena how worrying, glad everything is ok xx

#143 furbaby

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

Glad it's all good Athena, that would have been very scary!!

#144 Rose_pink

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

Hi everyone
Got my BFP this morning- due November so just scraping in to this group!
This is #2 - DS is 22 months old.
Feeling much more relaxed this time around and looking forward to enjoying this pregnancy. Now that I know your life changes but for the better, I am much more adjusted!

Looking fwd to sharing this time with everyone x

#145 ~A2~

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.