Introduce Yourself

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#26 One Plus One

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Hi to everyone, so good to see lots BFP.

Jax;the wait must be so stressful, I hope they are worth the wait.

As for symptoms, I haven't really had any yet apart from a bit of cramping. I felt a little sick the other morning, but I think that was because I hadn't had breakfast.

I must call the Drs tomorrow and organise getting bloods done. I also have a little one who will have to come with me.

#27 Pyewacket

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Hi everyone! Congrats on the BFPs 😁

I am from western sydney and this will be bub #2 for us. DS is turning 2 in October this year. According to my blood test (hcg 3754) the doc put me a week earlier than I suspected - the due date was 27/10/17 however I think due date will be around 5th Nov. I have a dating scan booked in for next wednesday so I'm looking forward to that and hopefully seeing a heart beat

E_vonny - try not to worry too much about your hcg levels. When I went for my blood test with ds1 it was at 143 which was low but we have a perfectly beautiful little boy 😄

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months

Edited by Pyewacket, 07 March 2017 - 09:36 PM.

#28 furbaby

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Speaking of hcg levels I'm wondering if I have twins happening, first test 15dpo was 943 and second one 21dpo was 11629, I seem to be in a very high category. IVF pregnancy so I can't be wrong about dates.
Only one embryo put back so may just be high numbers but still have a niggling thought that it may have split.

Scan next Friday will be interesting.

#29 Jax12

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

Welcome and congrats pyewacket!  

Wow everyone's got such high numbers.  My second lot of bloods came back at 588 (2 days earlier they were 135) so that's doubling every 24hrs at the moment which I'm really happy with - huge relief.  One more tomorrow so fingers crossed they're still climbing fast.  I think I'm only 4w3d so mega early days still.  I bled a lot at 6w with both pregnancies so will just be happy to get past that point!

Wow furbaby, I can't wait to hear back from you after your first scan!  How would you feel about twins?  How far along will you be next Friday?

#30 fritzkitz

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

Welcome pye-wacket!

Furbaby, Jax -thanks for mentioning about the digi tests, you've convinced me it's not really worth it.

My doc called to say that yesterdays bloods apparently correlate with what they'd expect to see for around 4 weeks but she didn't tell me the number. I'm going to have to be patient and wait a few weeks for my dating scan.

I'm more feeling worried (paranoid) that this isn't really a new pregnancy or that something will go wrong rather than desperately needing to know the EDD. But not much I can do anyway so trying to just relax. Feeling queasy and getting tenders boobs so taking that as a good sign!

#31 furbaby

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Jax I've been trying so long now I'd be blessed with two but yes praying to see one heartbeat :)

Last nov when I got to the dating scan there was no heartbeat so next Friday can't come fast enough! We pgd tested the embryo so there should be no chromosome issues. Fx this is it!!

Fritz the wait to scan is killer. Hope it goes quickly for you. Would be lovely to have your rainbow baby.

#32 Jax12

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Oh wow ladies, I'm nervous enough to see a heartbeat and that's without your past losses.  I will be keeping absolutely everything in my crossed for you both that time passes quickly until your scans and you both see a happy flickering jellybean in there!  

My dating scan is on the 27th and instead of msging the details to DH I sent them to a lady at work.  So that cat's out of the bag.  What an idiot!!

#33 Pyewacket

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

FX furbaby! Twins would be exciting 😄

Hahaha jax12 I'm so worried I'll do sowmthing like that. Always my luck 😁

#34 e_vonny

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Jax - yeah Nancy and I know each other but to be fair we did meet on these boards initially! We're in the same DIG but I just wasn't sure I had the right user name for these boards for her :)
Funny regarding your accidental text. Hope your colleague doesn't say anything to anyone!

Pyewacket - I'm a bit nervous about hcg, mainly because I had a chemical in October. HCG is still much better this time though. I just want some reassurance seeing the numbers tick up. Although I have to say, my Drs confidence helped me feel better this time.

Furbaby - twins sounds like a real possibility. It will be interesting to see. Sorry to hear about your previous loss. 12w is quite far to go before realising :(

#35 Pyewacket

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Im sure it will be fine e_vonny.

I think I read yours were around 500?.. i'm sure i've seen somewhere that anything from 200 up to 3000 for 5-6weeks is fine (i could have these numbers slightly off 😬)

I know you can't help but worry! So many things to stress about. I remember thinking during my last pregnancy that I couldn't wait for the baby to be here so I could stop worrying about all these different things... little did I know 😁 I think the stress levels went up 10 fold

#36 furbaby

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:16 AM

Lol whoops Jax. Hopefully she doesn't tell too many people.

Thanks for support ladies. Not long to wait now and scan is on st Patrick's day. Hopefully that's a good sign as I'm Irish ;)

Hard not to worry about hcg numbers e_vonny but when I had my Chem I only got to 80 at 5+5 so your numbers Are super in comparison.

Pye I'm sure you're right this is only the start of the worry :p

#37 fritzkitz

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Haha Jax! Oops!! Will she keep it to herself?

I'm kind of glad to not know my hcg numbers - I think it would definitely give me something else to worry about!

Hope the wait for scans doesn't send us all too batty. Think I might have to come up with some kind of project to do in the mean-time to keep myself occupied!

#38 Jax12

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

Haha yeah not my brightest moment, but I'm not too worried.  It will make things easier in some ways if the appt runs long!  Plus I'm useless at keeping my own secrets so would no doubt have let it slip soon anyway.

These first trimester worries can be all-consuming hey?  

I work full time and study 3 units at uni externally and since my bfp my focus has totally disappeared.  All I'm interested in is baby stuff - not even anything new or important, just reading the same kinds of things over and over, not doing the work I should be!!  I wasn't expecting the trajectory of my life to change so severely at this point, but now I'm desperate to stay this course.

Patience...I have none!

#39 Animal Lover

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hi ladies,

Im poking my head in here cautiously.
Got a BFP after over 2 years of IVF and many transfers.
Im nervous because my hcg is on the lower side of normal, but it is rising as it should.

EDD is 7/11.
This will (hopefully!) be number one.
Scan is 16/3

I'm just hoping so hard I get to stay in here!!!!

#40 furbaby

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Yay animal :)

I'm still scared sh*tless about being in here too until I see a heartbeat but hopefully we both see our little beans heartbeats next week!
My scan is on the Friday.

#41 Sally1983

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hi!! I just got a bfp! I'm still shaking!
AF was due yesterday. I tested more for a joke than anything else. Last time I saw my GP I said 'hopefully I don't have to see you again until I'm pregnant.' I have an appointment booked for this afternoon as I need a medical certificate so I thought I'd better test the theory and voila! Two lines!!
I rang DH at work and told him. He was a bit disappointed I didn't wait until he got home but I wanted to give him the option to come to the doctor with me.

This is my second pregnancy. DS is 17mo. He took 18 months to conceive and I needed a lap and lost my left tube. I'm so delighted this one only took two goes!

His was a pretty rough pregnancy with morning sickness, a DVT, anxiety, gestational diabetes. I was on clexane injections throughout he pregnancy and until DS was about two months old. I was booked to be induced at 39 weeks so I could wean off the clexane but DS decided to come at 38 weeks so it will be interesting to see what happens this time. Due date by lmp is 15th (the day before my bday!)

It will be great to be to know you all.

#42 Animal Lover

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hey furbaby,
We are both at the opposite ends of hcg levels.
Heres hoping we get our healthy babys in November!

#43 Pyewacket

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hi animal!
I've got everything crossed for you 😊

Wow sally... hopefully this preg is a little more easy going.

I did have pregnancy induced hypertension with DS. The doc said they would need to keep an eye on me this time. My bp was sitting at 120/70 last friday then it was 130/80 the other day which is normal but during early pregnancy we really should have low blood pressure. Just hoping I don't get it again but I am 15kg's heavier (oppsies for not loosing any baby weight from DS 😬😬😬)

Edited by Pyewacket, 09 March 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#44 furbaby

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

Doesn't matter the starting numbers as long as wel get healthy bubs at the end Animal. ;)

Oh pye that doesn't sound like fun! Hope it doesn't happen again!!

#45 Sally1983

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

Thanks Pyewacket!
Just saw my GP and got clexane and ondansetron. The haematologist I saw last time will give me a call tomorrow or Monday.
I also got the blood forms. He didn't want to give me an ultrasound form just yet though.
My GP also leaves next week! I have such a hard time finding a good GP who I trust so I now have to start all over again with someone else:(

#46 Jax12

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

Congratulations Animal Lover and Sally!  

AL, you must be so excited and nervous after such a long road to get here!!  Only a week until your scan...eeek!  Fingers crossed!!

What a great story Sally - your heart must have jumped into your throat when you saw that second line!!

#47 furbaby

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Sally I had a post written that said welcome and that's great news for you but I see I managed not to post it. That's fantastic news congratulations:)

Sounds like you had rough time of it last time. Hope it's easier this time around. What a lovely bday pressie for you ;)

#48 e_vonny

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Congratulations Animal Lover and Sally!

Animal Lover - crossing fingers for you regarding your lower end HCG levels!

Sally - Your first pregnancy was eventful! Hopefully this is a calmer one.

I did my HCG test today. It's a follow up test. My previous was 518 last Thursday. It should double 4 times since then. Results back on Monday (because Dr is away until then). I am 6w today. I'm actually feeling crampy and a bit queasy every once in a while so I'll take that as a good sign. Told MIL today since she came over this morning and I had to get my blood test this morning. I was hoping to wait until I got the blood test results before telling but oh well!

#49 Jax12

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

That sucks that you're feeling queasy, but great since that's a really promising sign!  Good luck with the second test.  I hope the wait til Monday doesn't drive you mad :)

I just got my last results yesterday:
4+1 - 135
4+3 - 855
4+5 - 1800

So I'm glad they're going in the right direction.

Happy Friday everyone

#50 furbaby

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

I started feeling queasy this morning too. Hoping its good sign as well. Annoying that you have to wait until Monday for the results though!

Numbers looking great Jax :)

Happy Friday hope everyone has a good weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.