Is there such thing as comfortable shape wear and does it work?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lallalla

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

I've always dismissed shape wear as looking far too uncomfortable to bother with. However, after 2 pregnancies in less than 2 years, including a set of twins, I am reconsidering its merits.

I have excess skin that isn't going anywhere fast and it just looks odd under some clothes.

But I have no idea where to start.

#2 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

No, I don't think shapewear is comfortable. Ever.

#3 Neko NoNo

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Big W's hold me tight range is pretty good and really not that uncomfortable in terms of leaving angry red marks on your skin. It's still compressing your fat into your organs, so in that sense it's uncomfortable. Dr Reys is horrid for that
I actually use this range for meals when I know I will overindulge (xmas etc). I get home, take it off and suddenly I'm not horribly overfull- sends me back for leftovers sometimes though

#4 Let-it-go

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

High heels
Gstrings
Skinny jeans
Push-up bras
Tight dresses
Up-dos
Holding my stomach in for 10hr stretches
Shapewear

No, none of it's comfortable.  It's not meant to be.  
It's meant to look good and sadly those two things rarely seem to coincide.  The things we do, well, me anyway :laugh:.

#5 bearosauraus

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

I wore Nancy ganz post surgery and actually found them quite comfortable (as far as things that are designed to do that sort of thing go!)

I had the long shorts that came up under the bust (no built in bra)

#6 MarciaB

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Honestly?  To a point.

When I was a size 12-14 I wore it regularly and I do think it made a difference to appearance in clothes (basically smoothed out the lumps and bumps).

Now I am a 16-18 - just plain uncomfortable and just pushes the lumps elsewhere - so I don't bother.

#7 ClarkeTribe

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:44 AM

Hahahahahaha :rofl:

No and no.

It just makes the frumpy bits rounded to make you look naturally frumpy.

#8 jodi

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

I find Nancy Gantz quite comfortable... but the trick is to buy the right size! Don't try to squeeze into a smaller size thinking it will make to smaller - it won't!

Also, be realistic about what shapewear can achieve... after losing 30 odd kgs, I just want them to smooth me out and hide my excess skin... and it is perfect for that. If you want to look smaller - try a corset, but don't expect comfort - or oxygen! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.