Due in December - join in here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#1 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

Who else is due in December?

I am due on the 5th with baby number 2. I don't have a great history, so I currently have all my fingers and toes crossed that this is a sticky one.

I had bloods done yesterday, and had a missed call from the nurse at the GP's this morning, so I was a bit concerned. Turned out they just wanted to let me know that the level was good and reminding me to go back on Wednesday for another test. Phew!

#2 Three Of Hearts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Hi :waves:

I'm due on the 1st with our second!!

IVF pregnancy, first attempt back with a frozen embryo.  Did NOT expect it to work first time at all so still feeling very in shock about it all and like it's not really real.

I had my first bloods last Monday and they were 648 :omg:  Had second lot this morning just waiting on results this afternoon.

Been feeling totally crappy since two days after transfer this time which is weird because I felt fine for most of the first trimester with my DD!

P.S.  I had also messaged A2 about starting this thread 22Fruitmincepies ;)

Edited by Three Of Hearts, 04 April 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#3 Selinarra

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am due on the 7th with our second baby!!

I miscarried at 8 weeks at the beginning of the year so very thankful to be here right now.

I've had my levels taken, 4w 73 & 4w3d 343, so doubling (or tripling) nicely at this stage.

I was in a DIG with my 1st daughter and we still chat on Facebook everyday. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all.

#4 P33kab00

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

I'm due on the 1st as well :-).

I had a miscarriage scare at 7wks which freaked me out (ended up being incorrect information by ED doctor). Since then I hired a doppler from hearmybaby.com.au just for peace of mind and it's been amazing. I (almost) have no anxiety now, almost lol.

Good luck ladies and enjoy :-) xx

#5 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

View PostP33kab00, on 05 April 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm due on the 1st as well :-).

I had a miscarriage scare at 7wks

Are you sure you are due on December 1st? I'm 5 weeks tomorrow, and due only 4 days after you, it doesn't add up if you are over 7 weeks pregnant?

Anyway, glad to hear your baby is doing ok.

#6 allthesnacks

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hi ladies!

Due 2nd Dec here with #2 and also loved my previous DIG. Anyone else finding these early weeks tick by soooo slowly?

Just sitting and waiting with my fingers crossed is driving me slightly bonkers!

I would love a doppler too but would probably become a bit too attached to it.  Anyone know how early you can start using it at home? So tempting...

#7 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Lots of second babies! What sort of age gaps will you have? DD will be 3.5, it's a much bigger age gap than we had planned, but I'm sure it will be ok.

I've got a scan booked for 7 weeks, and had a second lot of bloods yesterday. The time is indeed passing very very slowly.

#8 Three Of Hearts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

View Postallthesnacks, on 05 April 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Hi ladies!

Due 2nd Dec here with #2 and also loved my previous DIG. Anyone else finding these early weeks tick by soooo slowly?

Just sitting and waiting with my fingers crossed is driving me slightly bonkers!

I would love a doppler too but would probably become a bit too attached to it.  Anyone know how early you can start using it at home? So tempting...

I feel like I've known for ever now but I'm still only 6 weeks tomorrow!  It feels like its flying and going slow at the same time!!

As for the doppler I have one and used it with my first.  I loved it as a little bit of reassurance every now and then.  You certainly wouldn't pick up anything this early on though.

View Post22Fruitmincepies, on 05 April 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Lots of second babies! What sort of age gaps will you have? DD will be 3.5, it's a much bigger age gap than we had planned, but I'm sure it will be ok.

I've got a scan booked for 7 weeks, and had a second lot of bloods yesterday. The time is indeed passing very very slowly.

Our DD will be 2 months shy of 4 when this baby arrives.

AFM - Finally got my second lot of blood results yesterday (IVF clinic never received them and had to chase them up which took 24 hours).  HCG was 17,250 :omg:  I was hoping she'd tell me it was around 5,000!!!  So very happy with that result.

Have to book in for my scan today which should be next Thursday and need to make an appointment with the OB as apparently she likes to see you around 8 weeks which is much earlier than the last OB I used.

I still have my old DIG too.  The support has always been wonderful.

#9 ClarkeTribe

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Tentatively joining.

Went to the doctor yesterday after a week of nausea which became dizzy spells two days ago. Diagnosed with vertigo affecting my left ear.

Explained to doctor that before the dizzy spells started the nausea felt so much like pregnancy that I even tested the day before but came up negative. Her test came up negative too but she did bloods anyway.

bHCG is 9. Retest tomorrow. I have PCOS and am not a good host so it's going to be a long 13 weeks ahead....  EDC 25/26 December. :/

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Edited by ClarkeTribe, 06 April 2017 - 01:23 PM.

#10 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

Blood test results:
Monday 3000
Wednesday 6900

I am feeling mightily relieved! Now I just have to wait for the scan at 7 weeks.

#11 Oh Penny!

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

Hi everyone,

Tentatively joining and hoping not to jinx anything!
I'm 32yo and DH 38, been TTC our first and got a BFP on HPT yesterday morning. Expecting results of bloods from Dr this morning. Fingers crossed it's a sticky one - it is a bit early as AF would not be due for a couple days, I just had a feeling.

A bit confused about when I would be due. Different calculation methods put me anywhere between 18-23 Dec, but I'm sure down the track scans will narrow that down.

It's a bit tricky for us at the moment in terms of keeping it quiet - my dad is visiting from the UK and DH parents are joining us over Easter weekend. Trying to come up with an excuse why I won't be drinking at all! But if that's the most we have to worry about I'll be happy.

Keeping fingers crossed I'll be joining you all on this journey :)

#12 Oh Penny!

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

PS 22Fruitmincepies I remember you from the TTC forums. Nice to see you here and congrats on the blood test results!

#13 Hummingbird82

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

I also am tentatively joining this group. I have a six year old DS who has autism and was in limbo for many years about whether to try for another baby as autism runs in our families and I didn't know whether I could cope with two autistic children.

I turn 35 this year and feel ready now for another child. My son is also desperate for a brother ( fingers crossed we're having a boy!).

Historically I don't get pregnant very easily and it took us 18 months to conceive our DS after a missed miscarriage at ten weeks. The missed miscarriage makes it hard to properly believe I am pregnant but hopefully as time goes on, it will feel more real.

I saw my GP yesterday and she gave me a referral for an ultrasound at 7 weeks to check all is ok. That's 3 weeks away and will go very slowly!

My EDD is December 15th. I wish you all a very boring nine months and look forward to sharing this experience with you all :-)

Just a quick question - should you be able to see a heartbeat at a 7 week ultrasound? Thank you!

#14 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

You will most likely see a heartbeat at 7 weeks. Lucyloo I know exactly what you mean about it not feeling real after mc. I'm counting down the days to my 7 week scan.

Oh Penny - hi! Are you going off you first day of your last period, or when you think you ovulated?

#15 Hummingbird82

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Thanks 22Fruitmincepies, when are you having your scan? Being part of this group provides such great support, doesn't it? Enjoy the weekend everyone.

#16 Tandcmum

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

Just going to tippy toe in here and say hello.

I'm 41!!!!! I have 2 teens and we have been throwing caution to the wind last year or so. Think we must be crazy

Anyway bit of a weird cycle so not sure when ovulated, had some spotting on Tuesday last week on day AF due, but after it didn't amount to anything so did a random test on Thursday and got 2 x positives on FRER and a very light line on clear blue.

LMP puts my EDD at 12th December but I think I ov'd late to could me more like 19th.

Anyway I'm feeling totally yuck, bloated, nauseas etc but still not counting any chickens. Booked doc appointment for Wednesday and will test again on Monday I think, as I've still not really convinced myself.

#17 Tandcmum

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostOh Penny!, on 08 April 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

I'm 32yo and DH 38, been TTC our first and got a BFP on HPT yesterday morning. Expecting results of bloods from Dr this morning. Fingers crossed it's a sticky one - it is a bit early as AF would not be due for a couple days, I just had a feeling.

A bit confused about when I would be due. Different calculation methods put me anywhere between 18-23 Dec, but I'm sure down the track scans will narrow that down.

It's a bit tricky for us at the moment in terms of keeping it quiet - my dad is visiting from the UK and DH parents are joining us over Easter weekend. Trying to come up with an excuse why I won't be drinking at all! But if that's the most we have to worry about I'll be happy.

Another similarity we have!!! My parents are visiting from the UK in. Few weeks too. I've got a month off work whilst they are here which will work out nicely timing wise hopefully as that might be time when I'm the sickest, plus I'll be around 12 weeks when I get back to work. Will have to tell my parents though whilst they are here.

Of course thats me keeping everything crossed I have something to tell them

#18 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostLucyloo1982, on 08 April 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Thanks 22Fruitmincepies, when are you having your scan? Being part of this group provides such great support, doesn't it? Enjoy the weekend everyone.

On the 19th

#19 Oh Penny!

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

View Post22Fruitmincepies, on 08 April 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Oh Penny - hi! Are you going off you first day of your last period, or when you think you ovulated?

If I go 40 weeks from beginning of last period I get 21 Dec, if I do the take away three months add 7 days plus 1 year I get 23 Dec, and if I go 38 weeks from when I think I O'd I get 18 Dec... so who knows!

Blood tests weren't lovely yesterday, I have shallow veins so the nurse managed to puncture the one in my arm, couldn't find one in the other arm and ended up just managing to get enough out of my hand, yuck. Results today my levels are at 34 so positive, through low, but apparently normal for being so early on. Will retest in a week or so to make sure they're climbing.

Tandcmum nice to see you here! Are you from the UK originally? I've been here almost ten years. It's flown! Can't wait to hear your results next week!

I caved and told my dad this morning. Of course he was suspicious when I came home with bandaids/bruises from the bloods yesterday and I figured with him being here a couple more weeks he's bound to notice me not drinking, switching to decaf tea etc. He was super stoked but I've explained to him it's early days. But now it feels mean that the other parents don't know so I guess we'll see how the other tests go and play it by ear. The dilemmas lol!

Sorry for essay length post...

#20 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Go with what the EB due date calculator says, it agreed with my GP's calculation. Hope your hcg levels keep going up fingers crossed.

#21 ClarkeTribe

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

View PostOh Penny!, on 08 April 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

Totally feel you. I hadn't been on EB since my first marriage broke down. I rejoined last year because we had a surprise but it was over almost as quickly as it started.

I had made alternate decisions around my health/lifestyle since then and had no plans for more. We are a massive blended family as is. I guess life had other plans.

I know of people who breathed a sigh of relief when we let them know that we had lost the pregnancy and suggested we 'take care of things'. That makes me hesitant about breaking news.

I am lucky though, I have sulphite allergies so I can't drink wine and most ciders etc so have an excuse most occasions. Extended family rarely offer beer at a meal and thankfully 'nightcaps' stopped in my grandparents' generation.

So hesitant about other people but am hanging on to the fact that we'll probably have some pretty cute child between us. ;-)

Had a f/u blood test Friday. Results aren't in as yet. GP said they'd call when they were. Just a tad anxious. Given the means of finding out in the first place this could still qualify as simply being a chem. pg. because it is such early days. Focusing on other things because it would dive me stir crazy if I sat around thinking about it.

Hope you are all traveling well. Other than the dizziness and nausea which I am not sure is more pregnancy or vertigo I am traveling okay. How are everyone's symptoms?

Edited by ClarkeTribe, 08 April 2017 - 09:27 PM.

#22 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

So so so tired. I'm also quite bloated, which is normal for me in early pregnancy. I put on a pair of maternity jeans to go out for dinner tonight, as I knew that bloating plus a big meal would necessitate an elastic waistband.

#23 Oh Penny!

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:42 AM

I hear you re being tired 22Fruitmincepies. I have been for the last couple of weeks - struggling to keep awake at my desk at times.
Other than that, needing to pee all the time so trying to make sure I keep up my fluid intake, and increased appetite too.

#24 Tandcmum

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

I've discovered early pregnancy and night shifts don't go :-( spent the whole night between wanting to curl up in a corner and sleep and wanting to throw up!!! I normally feel like that on night shift, but last night was 10 x worse. I'm just about to go curl up in bed and hope I sleep all day.

Oh Penny - yes we are originally from the UK, been here 5 yrs now :-)

#25 ClarkeTribe

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostTandcmum, on 09 April 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

I've discovered early pregnancy and night shifts don't go :-( spent the whole night between wanting to curl up in a corner and sleep and wanting to throw up!!! I normally feel like that on night shift, but last night was 10 x worse. I'm just about to go curl up in bed and hope I sleep all day.

Oh Penny - yes we are originally from the UK, been here 5 yrs now :-)

Oh no! Don't say that! I have placement this month and my first night shift is tonight. :-o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.