Due in December - join in here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#26 Oh Penny!

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

Oh no Tandcmum! That doesn't sound good. Do you do night shifts permanently or do you switch to day shifts sometimes? Hope there's something you can do if it continues

#27 Hummingbird82

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

Nightshift or shiftwork in general sucks. I don't do it anymore but it totally messed with me when I used to do it. I hope everyone goes ok with their nightshift.

Symptom wise, I don't really feel pregnant at this stage. No nausea and only a bit more tired than normal..But it's early days.

Awesome that there are some other people from the UK on this DIG. I moved over 12 years ago. I love living in Australia and we currently live in Melbourne :-)

#28 Tandcmum

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostLucyloo1982, on 09 April 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Nightshift or shiftwork in general sucks. I don't do it anymore but it totally messed with me when I used to do it. I hope everyone goes ok with their nightshift.

Symptom wise, I don't really feel pregnant at this stage. No nausea and only a bit more tired than normal..But it's early days.

Awesome that there are some other people from the UK on this DIG. I moved over 12 years ago. I love living in Australia and we currently live in Melbourne :-)

Another UK person :-)

We are relative newbies at 5 years and we live in Townsville, sometimes I wish we lived in a bigger city like Brisbane but Townsville is nice, we've built a home here so can't see us going very far

I work rotational night shifts, we do half days and half nights but no set roster so we can do both days and nights in a week, it's a bit of a killer :-(

#29 Oh Penny!

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

The Brits are taking over lol! I've been here about 10 years, DH is Aussie and we live in Sydney. I often wish we lived somewhere a bit more rural, but DH co-owns a business here with his brother so we're not going far either - I suppose the grass is always greener.

Really feel for you with the shifts Tandcmum, don't know how you do it.

How's everyone going with the dietary changes? It seems every time I go to eat something there's something about it that I'm not supposed to have now. Will take a bit of getting used to!

#30 Ttc123

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Hi ladies, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm nervously posting here after getting a BFP last Wednesday. It was really early, as AF isn't due until tomorrow. I swear I started feeling nauseous the minute I conceived. It's our first & I thought feeling sick wasn't supposed to start until week 6! What the! Anyway, super excited to be pregnant, just counting down the weeks until I can tell family!

Tandcmum- I also work night shifts & have some coming up, not looking forward to them at all!

Energy wise at the moment I'm actually not too bad, no more tired then normal. Sounds like everyone else is traveling well.

Look forward to talking through the preg with you all over the next 40 or so weeks.

#31 Hummingbird82

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

The Brits are taking over! Wow I can't believe how many work shifts/nightshift.

Tandcmum - we've got a holiday booked for Townsville in the July school holidays to escape Melbourne's winter. It looks awesome. Any tips or places we should visit etc. Please let us know :-)

Oh Penny - I'm struggling to eat right at the moment. There are so many things I've been eating and not thinking twice about recently that I have to consciously think whether or not something is ok or not!

Ttc123 - congratulations and welcome! I'm a little envious of your nausea - I can't wait for mine to start (I may regret saying that later on!)

#32 Tandcmum

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

Lucyloo - I can definitely give you some tips, July is a beautiful time of year up here ( although can be cold for us)

Food wise I've not really changed anything, I probably should check out what I shouldn't eat I guess. I've tried to cut back on my caffeine a bit, and I don't think I've eaten anything I shouldn't

I've had a little bit more spotting this weekend, well by spotting just a couple of times when I've wiped I've had a bit of browny tinge to the discharge, but no blood or anything on liner or anything. I'm a bit cramps though, just feel like I've got a mild period type pain at times. Nothing I can do just keep an eye and see what happens

#33 Tandcmum

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Well ladies, I'm pretty sure I am having a chem pregnancy. Did tests again this morning and line was so faint it was hardly noticeable. I would have thought after 4 days it would have got stronger. So I'm in limbo really, just got to wait for breeding to start I guess. Still got docs appointment on Wednesday so will see how things are travelling then. I'm a bit dissapointed but was also not convinced it was sticky from the start

#34 Hummingbird82

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that Tandcmum. I hope that it's not a chemical pregnancy. I have always been told a line is a line and the tests vary so looking for a darker line isn't always indicative of how the hcg is increasing.

Could you get a blood test done to see if your hcg is increasing as it should?

I'll keep everything crossed for you. It's so hard being in limbo - and not being sure what's going on. Big hugs.

#35 Tandcmum

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

I've had a CP before and although the line wasn't as clear as my first positive this time it did get fainter then I started bleeding a few days later. I have to go to docs on Wednesday anyway to get my smear results so I'll speak to doc then and she'll probably send me for a blood test I would think

#36 Ttc123

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Oh no tandcmum. I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep everything crossed that all is okay!

Lucyloo, thanks for the welcome!

#37 Oh Penny!

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Oh Tandcmum, I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope it's not the case for you this time. Keeping everything crossed for you and hoping that a blood test on Wednesday will confirm better news.

#38 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Fingers crossed for you Tancmum.

#39 Hummingbird82

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

I'll also be keeping everything crossed for you Tandcmum. Good luck with your Dr on Wednesday.

#40 Apples and Oranges

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm just popping in here - hope you don't mind. I think my due date is 30th Nov but I'm having a dating scan on Thursday so that may change. From the looks of things, there's more of you closer to my due date here than in Nov group.

This will be Baby #2 for us. DS is 18 months old.

#41 Apples and Oranges

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

Hope it's good news for you, Tandcmum.

#42 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

Hi apples and oranges! I hope your scan goes well.

#43 Tandcmum

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Thank you everyone

Have moved my appointment to tomorrow morning now.

No increase in cramping or spotting and still feeling nauseas, got tender boobs etc.

Just going to ignore the pee sticks and leave it to the blood tests to determine what's happening

I've got the next 2 days off so going to chill and try not to worry :-)

#44 Three Of Hearts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Hello ClarkeTribe, Oh Penny, Lucyloo1982, Ttc123 & Apples and Oranges :waves:

View PostClarkeTribe, on 06 April 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Tentatively joining.

Went to the doctor yesterday after a week of nausea which became dizzy spells two days ago. Diagnosed with vertigo affecting my left ear.

Explained to doctor that before the dizzy spells started the nausea felt so much like pregnancy that I even tested the day before but came up negative. Her test came up negative too but she did bloods anyway.

bHCG is 9. Retest tomorrow. I have PCOS and am not a good host so it's going to be a long 13 weeks ahead....  EDC 25/26 December. :/

Look forward to getting to know you all!
How did your retest go?  Hope your numbers are improving!

View Post22Fruitmincepies, on 06 April 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Blood test results:
Monday 3000
Wednesday 6900

I am feeling mightily relieved! Now I just have to wait for the scan at 7 weeks.
Great result!!

View PostTtc123, on 09 April 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

I swear I started feeling nauseous the minute I conceived. It's our first & I thought feeling sick wasn't supposed to start until week 6! What the!
Me too!!  2 days after our IVF transfer I felt totally nauseous and thought it couldn't possibly be MS yet!

View PostTandcmum, on 10 April 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Thank you everyone

Have moved my appointment to tomorrow morning now.

No increase in cramping or spotting and still feeling nauseas, got tender boobs etc.

Just going to ignore the pee sticks and leave it to the blood tests to determine what's happening

I've got the next 2 days off so going to chill and try not to worry :-)
Good luck with your appointment today!  And I hope you get the opportunity to rest up and relax over the next few days!

AFM - Scan was booked for today but had to change to Thursday because of DH needing to go away for work.  Then last night that got cancelled so we could have gone today :doh:   Oh well another 2 days isn't too long to wait!

I am still feeling totally crapola.  Dr told me last week to get some Vit B6 which should help but I only actually got around to getting some yesterday.  Apparently it can take a few days to kick in so hoping to start feeling a bit better tomorrow.  Haven't actually needed to throw up but getting over the constant nausea all day every day!  And it's like DD knows that I could do with the rest and has suddenly decided in the past week that sleep is no longer for her! :cry: :sleep:

#45 Tandcmum

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

Just been to docs, bloods taken, ultrasound this afternoon as wants to rule out ectopic

Spotting a bit worse today and definitely more blood like, still thinking this is not going to be sticky but I guess I'll have some proper answers by later today/tomorrow

#46 Hummingbird82

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

Good luck with your ultrasound Tandcmum - I'll be thinking of you.

Three of hearts - I hope your little one rediscovers her naps! Terrible timing.

Welcome to our group Apples and Oranges :-)

#47 allthesnacks

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

Fingers crossed for you Tandcmum, hope you get some answers from the ultrasound today.

Sounds like a few of us have scans booked for Thurs - hope it goes well for everyone :)

Sorry for the ladies who are experiencing MS already, hope you are finding some remedies that work for you. Symptoms not too bad here just crazy hungry in the middle of the night! I've been sick since conceiving with every cold/virus that DD1 (15 months) has brought us home from daycare so a little bit nervous about the scan, but trying not to think about it too much. Will be slightly under 7wks so even if all is well, may not see a heartbeat at this early stage.

#48 ClarkeTribe

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostThree Of Hearts, on 11 April 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

How did your retest go?  Hope your numbers are improving!

Yeah, it was 33 (I think) so more than tripled in the 42 hours. In my brain I can't recall if it was 33, 36 or 39 actually. I was asleep when the doctor rang and went straight back to sleep after! So tired this week!!

#49 MMMMatilde

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

Hello!!
I'm 5 weeks, 1 day (we think! Ultrasound is next Friday). Terrified and excited! My husband and I have been trying for a pretty decent amount of time and thought it would never come. This is our first (unless you count idiotic dogs haha :D)
I tested positive yesterday, at work, happy cried in the toilet. Then with my two closest friends. Then with my husband 10 minutes later as he made his way to my office (luckily he was in the city with me!).
I've had some wonderful cramping and the sorest most tender breasts, and now for the last 2 days some increasingly brilliant nausea. I write this from the doctors office as I ask for some Zofrin (??) as recommended by colleagues. So fingers crossed that doesn't last.
I'm so happy, so nervous. Love that I might be able to connect with others feeling the same way!
I've been reading through the thread while my email was approved, and you all sounds so lovely! :)
So, yes, hello! Wish me luck haha :D
Matilde

#50 Ttc123

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

Welcome to all the new ladies! Numbers are definitely starting to pick up in December. It's very exciting!
Nausea is still haunting me, but I figure it could be worse. I'm finally heading to the doctor tomorrow to get it all confirmed & find out what the next step is. It's Bub #1 for me too, so have no idea what to expect! Good luck to everyone having a scan on Thursday.
Tandcmum I hope you get some answers soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.