Due in October 2017 Chat Thread #3

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Shiv7897

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

Yeah I completely get that. It feels less real now that theres a baby inside me growing then it did when I was injecting needles and undergoing surgeries

#27 yetanotherredhead

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

Completely understand the surreal feeling here too - we had come so close to completely giving-up ... there must have been the tiniest glimmer of hope somewhere.

I'm out of my normal clothes too - looking a little like I've just eaten too much cake though (will be good once my tummy is more 'rounded').

Still quite sick (ridiculous for over 18 weeks hey?) but I'm keeping positive it's a good sign.

We are currently re-purchasing baby goods (can't believe how much we gave away) and it's definitely getting more real now.

So looking forward to our 20 week scan.

Lovely to read some updates - it is quiet on here but excellent to read from our little October community.

#28 Ninja.Ivy

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Great to hear everyone is doing well!

I had my 20 week scan last week and everything is going well. My belly is finally starting to pop out and I urgently need to go shopping for some new shirts/tops for work as I suddenly don't fit in anything anymore.

Still don't feel very pregnant, anterior placenta so not feeling much movement - I just feel fat rather than pregnant. I still get a surprise every time I see bub on a scan that there is something actually in there lol.

#29 Suzeee

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

Hi all, this is my first time posting on here, I'm 18 weeks and 3 days. Relieved to hear I'm not the only one who's not feeling particularly pregnant at the mo!! I'm still fitting into my normal clothes, weighing the same and haven't felt the baby at all yet. Can't wait for those first kicks - although I'm sure I will regret saying that down the line!!!

#30 Ksout

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

I thought for sure that I would be feeling bub by now, 18w yesterday. Specially as this is my second bub but I remember the ultrasound tech mentioning something about an anterior placenta as well at my 12w scan. I would imagine that's probably why. Hoping I start feeling something soon though lol, it will make it even more real.

#31 Dirtsa

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

Hi ladies - hope everyone is going well. It's been awhile since I last posted.

I'm about 18 weeks now and chugging along. Sometimes I think I can feel the baby moving, but I'm not really sure. It's low down at the front, light little touches internally. I think it's baby, but what if it's just a gas bubble?  :)  Otherwise, belly is starting to stick out, but for the most part I don't feel much different.

Ninja-Ivy - at the moment Jeanswest has a 40% off storewide sale, and they have some good maternity clothing. I think the sale ends tomorrow (Sunday). I have ordered some stuff online today (went into the shop yesterday, and they had practically nothing). They have some good jeans and casual tops

Anyone know of any other maternity clothing brands that are good? 7-10 years ago when I was last here, Hotmilk bras were great - is this still the case?

I have started to look around and pick up a few more pieces of clothing for bub. For the most part I feel overwhelmed when I look at all the girl things and baby things in general. It all seems so hard, when I know it isn't and I've done this twice before - but that was for boys - the girls seems to have so much more variety of clothes!

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend

#32 tictoc2

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

Hi ladies, first time posting here. I'm 20 weeks now and due mid October with my first baby :)

I have an anterior placenta and had the anatomy scan the other day. Although I could see the baby moving, I could only feel them about 10% of the time. I can feel the baby move when I'm in bed and relaxed, just before I try to go to sleep.

@Frau - thanks for the tip on the Jeanswest sale.

I like the H&M maternity range, although they only have a limited range. I've been looking at their nursing singlets and tops. Not sure if they have much in terms of work clothes though.

Not sure where to get good bras though. I like Emerson from Bigw for basic support. I've shopped online at Bravissimo which was good but they're based in the UK so hard to know the fit. I've yet to check out Myer properly.

I'm not fitting into my pants/jeans anymore. I love pants with an elastic waist! I don't feel big but know I've grown quite a bit since about 2 weeks ago.

#33 Ksout

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

Well surprise of all surprises here this morning at our scan. It's a boy!! I was dead set convinced we were having a girl.

So happy though. Bub is super healthy and 10 fingers and 10 toes. All is perfectly formed and where it should be.

19+1 today. Placenta is still anterior so not really feeling much movement. I'm hoping that will start to pick up. I'm feeling the occasional "roll" sort of movement which I think is bub.

#34 Dirtsa

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

Congratulations Ksout - boys are wonderful. I have 2 :)

I had my scan on Friday. I thought I was still in week 19 based on my last ultrasound, but the sonographer said it's more like 21 weeks and brought forward the due date to 13 Oct. And she confirmed we are having a girl.

I am feel her moving around a bit, and last night I could feel her on my hand on the outside of the belly. But DH wasn't nearyby and she hasn't done it since. I'm sure it'll all kick off (pun intended) soon enough.

Heartburn seems to be a regular thing in my life now, usually late at night. Anyone else? It gets pretty icky sometimes. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with it. Blergh, I'll be glad when that stops again!

My order of maternity clothes arrived from Jeanswest. The tops were great but the jeans were just awful! I have another pair of mat jeans from there which are good, so I thought these would be, too, because lots of reviews about them were good. But noooo, not a good look on me!!! Hopefully I can return in store...

Hope everyone'a had a great weekend and a good week coming up

#35 Dirtsa

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:26 AM

It's so quiet here, have I killed this thread!?

Hope you're all going well!  :)

#36 Ksout

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

I'm feeling our little man more and more every day. Placenta is still anterior though which is impacting alot I think but getting lots of kickboxing down low and flip flopping/rolling up high.

Hubby was able to put his hand on my tummy last week and feel bub do a roll. He was so happy!

21w today! Bub is measuring about a week ahead. His daddy is 6'2" though so I was kinda expecting it lol.

Is anyone else struggling with names? I had a girls name all picked cos I was positive we were having a girl. Hubby and I have started a short list for boys names but we're struggling to find ones we both like. Middle name is sorted, just first name.

How is everyone else travelling?

#37 kSel86

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

Hi everyone! So sorry its been forever since I have posted here! Thought Id check in how everyone is going. I am now something like 26 + weeks now and feeling huge!!!! Am very obviously pregnant and can feel bubs moving heaps and heaps now. Last night I even felt that full rolling movement which to be honest Im not a fan of. Kicks are ok but the full movement freaks me out a little/lot lol. Can feel heaps from outside also and both my other two can feel it too now and just love it. Their little faces get so excited, just melts my heart.

I also finally started to go through all our things and work out what I need to get and what I have still. Being over 5 years since I last had a bub and that I had been giving things away over the years I have had to get a few things again. Thought I still had a change table but alas must have also gotten rid of that too. We ended up buying a new pram also even though our old one is perfectly fine and cleaned up beautifully however when I pulled it out of the shed it was covered in mouse poo and I just couldnt bring myself to put bub in it even thought I had scrubbed it and soaked it in disinfectant and put every bit of fabric through the washing machine. Now we just have to move the oldest room so i can start setting up the nursery. currently everything is just all pilled up and waiting.

We had our scan a while back and booked into the hospital and will be going for my GTT on Monday so all is plugging along nicely.

Have started to relax alot now that I can feel bub move each day which is a nice relief. Also got my finaly results back from my last assessment piece for my degree i have been completing so now just waiting on official results release at the end of the week and i will have graduated from uni FINALLY!! Am pretty excited about that as its been a loooong 4 and a bit years in the making!

Hope everyone is travelling well and those with morning sickness is decreasing or gone altogether for you now.

#38 Clara0009

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

How is everyone going? Anyone had their baby yet? I am due later in the month and looking forward to it.

#39 Elgw

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:53 PM

Clara0009 I am feeding my baby right now! He arrived 5 weeks early in Sept so not an October baby at all. When is your due date? I hope you are well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.