Due in Nov 2017 Chat Thread

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Jax12

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Ahhhh that makes way more sense - I was actually going to ask if that was counting to 40 weeks or not.  

I'm the same - I like to have all the information I can beforehand!!

#27 sarahlaw

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

Hi All - late joiner here. I am 28 and due with my first in late November. Only came off the pill in October last year so my cycle is very irregular so I didn't actually do a test till two weeks ago, straight for blood test and dating scan as GP thought I could nearly be at the 12 week mark. I am 11wks1d today.. but very excited and happy!

#28 furbaby

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Hi all,

welcome newcomers :) I dip in and out of here
I'm one of the few it seems that is having a surprise. Slightly leaning towards hoping for a girl but clearly healthy bubs is main objective :)

I'm 14+6 now and it's all gone very quiet on symptom front, I have anterior placenta so not expecting to feel any kicks or anything for a while. I have a home doppler to keep me sane though :)

Edited by ~A2~, 16 August 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#29 Jax12

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Congrats Sarah! Wow, I've always found out I was pregnant stupid early, even with my first which wasn't planned and totally unexpected and I still can't explain why I took a test that day...part of me is very jealous of you for getting to 11w without all that first trimester angst!!

#30 furbaby

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

My cousin found out at 18 weeks when she went to the doctor because she couldn't lose weight :D

She has really bad pcos like me and never ovulates, that and a brain tumor that affected her pituitary gland the doctors told her she wouldn't be able to naturally so she never thought about it.

Imagine, half way through and not having had to worry, bliss!!! Luckily she had healthy little boy even though she'd continued drinking and had no prenatal vits.

#31 Mousey77

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

I had a simmilar experience with my first (not knowing till crazy late!)
I was 14 and a half weeks when I found out with (now Miss 8.5 years old!) I had periods as normal (looking back they were lighter and not as regular) no symptoms whatsoever. I went to the doctor for something entirely unrelated and it came up in routine tests! He sent me to the ultrasound right away (was the next morning) because he was worried it was ectopic being that I had no idea and still had periods... Nope, was all fine! Could have knocked us over with a feather when we were looking at the screen during that ultrasound and finding out that we were going to be parents (were not trying and it was out of the blue, weren't even married then! Are now and have been together 10 years!) I also had her at just before 37 weeks so it was like the shortest feeling pregnancy ever... look there's your baby...4 months later... here's your baby!!! I only had my first antenatal appointment at 16 weeks, missed the early screening windows etc. I was already booked to go to Germany (for something I couldn't cancel!) so there I was between 16-20weeks in Germany doing all the things... The only alteration we made was my husband (boyfriend at the time!) quickly bought a ticket to go with me (I was going to go alone originally as I was meeting people there) So at least I wasn't carrying my own heavy bags and had someone with me at all times.... On the day we flew back to Australia I had the 20week scan... and all looked fine! But it was a pretty hectic first pregnancy!

Our next one (and this one) we tried for the babies, so knew exactly.... and MAN this pregnancy is seeming long already and i'm only 10 and a half weeks!

#32 Jax12

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Oh wow, I can't even imagine!!  I think this pregnancy I would have known something was up because my usual empty, sad looking deflated excuses for boobs are mega-sized (for me anyway).  That's actually not happened previous pregnancies, and not something I (or DH) could miss!  

Mousey I hear ya about the longest feeling pregnancy.  Although now that I think about it, it's like the days are dragging but the weeks are kinda moving pretty quickly.  That might be because my tick over day is Sunday, so by the end of the work week I feel like I'm pretty much at the new pg week, even though I'm totally not.

I'm definitely feeling movement. I thought I was for a week or two but kept telling myself it was impossible, too early...but given it's pg #3 and my placenta is anterior and it's becoming more consistent, I think I can trust my gut (pun intended).  13w, 4 days.  Even if it's not, it's still comforting :)

#33 gonggirl

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm a Newbie to this group due with surprise #4 in November.

Looking forward to getting to know you all on this journey.

#34 Jax12

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:46 AM

Congrats gonggirl! I've added you via email in case furbaby hasn't seen your post :) I have a 2010 baby too...may end up sharing a bday with this kid actually!

#35 riseuptig3r

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Hi all!

Hoping it's not too late to join! I was hanging around a bit in the very early stages of the pregnancy (first time posting though) but then I got sick with hyperemesis (again!) and have not had a chance to jump on to EB again until today.

Furbaby good to see you again! We were in the ACFeb group together. :)

I'm 16 weeks today. Have been feeling movements for 2 weeks now (another active bub!), which was similar to DS1. Found out the sex on Wednesday (it was very hard to miss lol) so am happy to be having another little boy. DS1 will have just turned 4 once this bub is born.

Hopefully I can catch up on everyone's journeys thus far and am looking forward to sharing the rest of our journeys together. :) :)

#36 furbaby

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Hi Riseup, good to see you again we're only a day apart my 16weeks was yesterday :)
We're not finding out the sex but great news on a little boy!!!

Sorry about the Hypermesis, that sucks!!

I haven't felt kicks yet, but hanging out for it. My placenta was covering front wall but scan yesterday showed it's moved to the right now so ob said I should be feeling kicks on the left any time now :)

Seems funny to be going month to month now after the craziness of AC and being monitored so closely!

#37 riseuptig3r

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

Glad to hear you are doing well! Happy to have found you here with a sticky baby :)
? I haven't announced pregnancy to anyone (just my parents and work as I have had time off due to all of the hyperemesis hospitalisations) so don't want anyone on facebook to see i've joined. Let me know! :)

Thank you :)

#38 furbaby

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Sent you a pm ;)

I've told most people at this stage. But belly is definitely poking out so gonna be harder to hide it anyway. Haven't done fb announcement or anything though I like telling people in person as I see them :)

#39 purplebutterflies

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hi all,
I'm 31 and due with my first baby on November 15th. Exciting and scary all in one. Lol.
Look forward to getting to know you all xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.