Due in Dec 2017 Chat thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
212 replies to this topic

#51 Drivergirl

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

Hi Girls,
How's everyone going?? I'm finding this next phase hard then the TWW, now it's like an 8 week wait haha! Milestone for me today though. From LMP I'm 6 weeks today. That's the furthest DH and I have gotten! MC in dec at 5w5days and cp in feb. Very excited but so anxious! Have dating scan next Thursday! Just gotta try and put it out if head til then I guess too. DH is very cautious too, it's so hard it should be so exciting for us both but neither wants to get attached just to have it all taken away again!

#52 LittleLoves3

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

babyelly - congratulations :) Those symptoms sound reassuring. I haven't had any blood tests but have taken enough tests and watched the lines get darker and darker, test line is much darker than control which makes me happy.
We almost have the same due date - at the moment I think mine is 22nd Dec but haven't had a scan yet to check this out.

Lucy - Good to know others have pain - thank you for helping my mind stop racing for a second... I just want throwing up to start that would make me fee assured, I was really sick with both the girls and when we found out the last pregnancy stopped I remember commenting that I wasn't sick and felt like something was wrong. I know its normal to not be sick, but not my normal! Studying a Bach of Commerce. Really fun ... :yawn: haha.
Winter is coming, long shirts, long pants - you're covered ;) Lucky.

Sal - Congratulations!

AFM - Not much to report, just waiting on the scan.

#53 fever head

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Hi there everyone, my name is Sarah and I've decided to tentatively join you all.

I've been stalking this group since it formed but was too afraid to join in, due to having a traumatic mc at Xmas time. I'm 7 weeks along this time with #2, and after having some spotting on Thursday, I had a scan which revealed that Bub is tracking along right on dates with a hb of 144 bpm. Bloods were also over 82,000. Due date is 5th December, the day after my daughter's birthday.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! I can see many of you have gone through miscarriages and I wish everyone happy, healthy pregnancies this time around. ❤️

Edited by fever head, 25 April 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#54 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

Hi to all the new members, but especially to fever head as we are due date buddies :)

I can sympathise with everyone having anxiety following previous mcs. I had two before having DD, then one last year. It is not nice having what should be such an exciting time become such an anxious time. Anyway, hopefully it's our turn this time!

#55 sahmie

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:46 PM

Hi and welcome all our new ladies! Hope to get to know you all better.

LucyLoo what wonderful news! I am so thrilled for you!!!!

I'm starting to get a bit worried myself, my levels seem so low compared to all of you. I was 164 on Thursday at 4wks 4 days or something. That seems far below the results you guys are getting?

#56 babyelly

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:49 AM

Sahmie, I made a mistake in my first post here when at 5 weeks and 5 days I said my hcg was 170 5 days ago. I actually had got the results 5 days prior but the bloods were taken one week before that at exactly 4 weeks, and were 170 then. I interrogated my doctor about whether or not this was normal and I have been assured that it definitely is! Also it doesn't matter the number as long as they are doubling every few days. You can request another blood test to give you peace of mind.

#57 Shanoona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hello everyone! Just wanted to chime in and join the forum. We are due for our first on 7 of December and have our first Obstetrician appointment on Friday... I swear time has never gone so slowly than in the early days!

Sahmie there is such a huge variation of HCG levels amongst different people and even in different pregnancies - as long as it's increasing, you don't need to worry. It's really only useful for showing that you are pregnant and the increase shows it's progressing. :) But definitely agree with babyelly that you could get another test to ease your mind - I dare saw you would be really surprised at how quickly those levels rise!

#58 Three Of Hearts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

View Postsahmie, on 25 April 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

I'm starting to get a bit worried myself, my levels seem so low compared to all of you. I was 164 on Thursday at 4wks 4 days or something. That seems far below the results you guys are getting?

Sahmie try not to stress.  Check out this link it shows HCG ranges per week.  You're totally within normal levels!!

http://www.pregnancy...g.au/hcg-levels

#59 sahmie

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

Thank you everyone for the reassurance and for the link TOH. I do feel better now, thank you. May go and ask for another blood test this week also if they let me xx

#60 fever head

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Gah, it's all too stressful at the moment. I had a tiny bit of spotting again yesterday. I keep telling myself that I've seen bub with a good heartbeat, but the worst case scenario keeps popping into my head. :(

#61 babyelly

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

I've had brown spotting the last 4 days. Very stressful as I'm bang on 6 weeks which I consider the "danger zone" as this is when my miscarriage happened last time. I went to the doctor this morning and she seemed highly unfazed. Told me that it's perfectly normal, and unless it's fresh blood or bad cramps there is nothing to worry about. I had another blood test and I have a referral for an early scan on Saturday but she was very clear that these were for my peace of mind only!

Also, one of the pregnancy trackers I was checking out yesterday had a whole paragraph about spotting in early pregnancy. I've ALMOST convinced myself it's fine. Chin up love!

#62 Hummingbird82

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

Big hugs to you babyelly and fever head. It is crazy how stressful these first 12 weeks can be, isn't it?

I'm anxious but for the opposite reason. I don't have any symptoms really. I had some morning sickness for a few days last week but it's gone now. I've had a missed miscarriage before and I'm nervous this could be one too.

I've got my scan (7 weeks) tomorrow arvo so will be keeping everything crossed :-) I also hope the spotting eases up for you guys as no one needs more stress during this time.

#63 babyelly

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

Hope everything's perfect at your scan today Lucy!

#64 Ttc123

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

Good luck Lucy with your scan! It must be exciting to finally get to see your little one.

#65 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

Lucyloo- I had worse symptoms with my mmc than with this one. No symptoms is fine. Best of luck with the scan this afternoon.

#66 fever head

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Good luck Lucy, hope your scan goes well. xx

#67 Hummingbird82

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

Thank you for your kind words of support everyone. I'm not sure how the scan went in a way.

By my lmp I am 7 weeks today. The ultrasound lady said the baby is measuring 5 weeks 5 days. But there was a heartbeat which was awesome. Slow though at 95bpm but understandable if it is only 5w5d.

So good news about the heartbeat but I'm a bit concerned that bean is measuring so far behind. She also said it was really hard to see the baby as it was right up against the side of my uterus.

I'm going back in 2 weeks for a follow up scan to see how everything's going. I have my first obstetrician appointment next week so may see some growth etc then.

Fingers crossed :-)

#68 Hummingbird82

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

22Fruitmincepies - thank you for sharing about your mmc. That must have been an even worse shock when you had so many symptoms.

#69 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Lucyloo - not to scare you, but my story was similar to your ultrasound today. Heartbeat of 90 and measuring a week behind. I'd got a bfp at 10dpo so I knew it wasn't possible to be a week out (would have had to have a bfp at 3dpo). A scan a week later showed no heartbeat :( I continued to have symptoms until after the d&c.

I hope your outcome is better than mine was. Fingers crossed for the OB appointment being positive! Pregnancy can be such a stressful time, so big hugs from me.

#70 Hummingbird82

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

Hi 22Fruitmincepies, thanks so much for your reply. Yes I feel that this pregnancy will probably end in a similar way as it's had a rough start already with the strep and the psoriasis Guttate. At least it won't be too much of a shock I guess. I'll wait for the Ob appointment and see what happens. I also had a bfp at 10 dpo - that's a good point you make. Thank you for sharing your experience :-)

#71 babyelly

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Well, my spotting has turned to bleeding. Not heavy, dark or painful, actually very watery and light but bleeding nonetheless. Both doctors office and early pregnancy unit have closed. Because I have a rhesus negative blood type I've been told any bleeding I should go to emergency. I'm worried they will think I'm wasting their time though as it's not even nearly enough to fill a pad. What should I do?

#72 Hummingbird82

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

I think you should go to emergency. Don't worry about what they think. I'm sorry to hear you're having bleeding. Good luck xxxx

#73 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

You can also call health direct and I seem to recall there is also a pregnancy hotline you can call. Hope it's nothing to worry about.

#74 babyelly

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Good tip fruitmincepies. Called Health Direct and they said to go to emergency so off I go...

#75 sleung85

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Hi ladies,

Just a quick note to say a tentative goodbye. We saw our OB yesterday and all that was showing on the scan was the gestational sac - we were given one of two possibilities, being 1) I ovulated late 2) this wasn't a normal pregnancy.

I had a blood test done yesterday and my HCG levels hadn't reached 2,000 and it was only 1,250 last Saturday. I'll have a viability scan on Tuesday, but was told to prepare for a m/c. Understandably, we're devastated, but are lucky enough to have one beautiful baby girl as it is.

Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.