Ready Set Go girls #269

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
470 replies to this topic

#26 Jo.F

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Hi Trying - yeah I knew you were all here, I was just not in a positive mood so I've been reading but not posting much :) I saw your other thread. I can never tell how people will react to things on here so I rarely ask questions anymore. I hope things start to work out for you soon xx

Lexie - good luck for the transfer tomorrow :) I hope you have lots left to put in the fridge for next time xx

MissTR - have you heard back from your clinic? Hopefully the others will start to catch up soon xx

bceleste & Chino - i hope you're not going too nuts yet lol. I always find the first week isn't too bad but then the 2nd week is when I start to get a bit twitchy, analysing every little thing. I've gone full pretzel for both of you! And bceleste I hope your grandma is doing ok

MrsP - I hope the weekend goes fast and Monday is here before you know it!

Perfumista - how did the scan go?

Birdie - big hugs xx

AFM - FINALLY I can start the down reg shots on Sunday night. At this stage I'm to do them until 4th June and then they'll decide whether I need to do 2 more weeks or if they're happy to stop after 4. I'm betting they'll go for 6 but we'll see. So it's at minimum another 4 weeks of not much for me but at least I'm getting closer :)

I hope you've all got a good weekend planned and for those about to have FET's, go out, have a drink and some soft serve while you still can ;)

#27 Fordy

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I've been trying to keep myself distracted from the waiting so haven't been on here for a couple of days.

Good luck for your transfer tomorrow Lexie!

Glad you got some good news Jo.F

Trying, I read your other post as well and was really confused by some of the responses. Don't think they had read the post or where it was posted! Id actually be interested in how you go, as I'd be keen to go down that road if we end up having to do a couple of IVF cycles. I always think about what I would regret more, having 15k less at retirement, or not trying everything possible to have a baby.. for me there's only one answer.

AFM had my first scan today. Day 9, so nothing happening yet. Continue with the gonal shots over the weekend with another scan on Monday. Looking like we'll be doing our IUI on Friday.

Edited by Fordy, 05 May 2017 - 07:52 PM.

#28 Paige5

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Hey Birdie, thanks!! Pregnancy massage is just done by a massage therapist that has done extra training in pregnancy conditions, different stages of pregnancy etc.

Thanks Perfumista! So many people ask me am I pregnant or am i getting clucky that it's easier just to say I'm doing IVF. They generally stop hassling me after that.

Chinoiserie thank you! super excited for tomorrow. I have had the most stressful day but trying to stay relaxed. Want it to stick!! Then the wait begins. Hope you are feeling great and can't wait to hear how things go.

MissTR hope the injections don't have to go on much longer for your eggs to be ready. FX and thanks for your well wishes.

Thanks Jo and Fordy! Jo such a long process but hopefully it will have the best reward at the end.
Fordy one day you won't even think about the money again. Hope all goes well for your next scan.
Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Edited by Lexie28, 05 May 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#29 Birdie11

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostChinoiserie82, on 05 May 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Birdie - you are so brave to have done an EPU without the general??

Brave...... or stupid?!!! Haha. I was crying and screaming the whole time. Most traumatic procedure I've ever been throug. And I've been through a lot. Haha!!

Trying ... how you doing? I commented on the other thread. It was so getting out of hand. Where was the compassion. Geez some of those comments, I think the ladies just sounded angry and frustrated and probably are going through hell themselves so just wanted to take it out on someone else.

So excited for some BFPs and good EPUs for ou guys this month. Woop! I'll be stalking the 2ww thread.

#30 trying again

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Ah Jo.F I am sending you big big hugs right now and all my good thoughts.

Everyone else thank you so very much.  You guys really are the best and you are so supportive. All my baby dust and good thoughts are going your way as well :) you just wait May is going to be your month, I just know it :heart:

Thanks Birdie and becleste for the comments on the other post.  I seriously had no idea it would get people so angry. I thought because I posted in the Assisted Conception area people would understand a little :)  Ah well. I had a cry and I am still doing everything I need to make it happen.  One of the people on there was actually really nice and they sent me a PM with some more info which was nice.  They had a friend do it by themselves first and they got knocked back and then supercare did it for them and they got it so knowing that that is an option was nice to know. I am going to try by myself and then if all else fails I will try supercare and then I will know I have tried absolutely everything.  Of course when I see my FS next week he may say don't even bother because you have no eggies and I am too old but I am not even going to think about that one :)

Fordy I will let you know the outcome for sure...actually I will let everyone here know...Not going to let my other post know but it would be lovely if i got it and then I could be mean and poke my tongue a the mean ones and say nah nah you don't know what you are talking about (seriously I am an old person but they have me acting like a child) :huh:

Love to you all xoxo

#31 Perfumista

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

Trying- really thinking of you and hope there is possitive news to come from your appointments next Wednesday. 🤞🏻

Chinoiserie - all sounds great, nap away!!

MissTR - hope your tests show things are still moving along for you after your call from the nurse and not too much longer for you.

Thank you for all your kind words girls, my call from the nurse this afternoon couldn't have been better. I will have my EPU on Monday. I was really trying to stay calm and not have any expectations throughout my 1st cycle but after getting off the phone I'll admit I did let a little squeal  of excitement out. DH is more reserved but so happy. My mum will come to stay with me from country Vic to support me too so looking forward to a bit of mother daughter time too.
Thinking of you tomorrow Lexie. ❤️❤️

Have a great weekend everyone. xxx

Edited by Perfumista, 06 May 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#32 Paige5

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

Thanks Perfumista. Got to see the embryo which was awesome. 3 to freeze. It's hard not to get so excited! Let's hope it's sticks! Good luck for Monday.

#33 Perfumista

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

Lexie - How exciting to see the embryo! I heard that some people keep the embryo pic, a bit like keeping the first ultrasound pic. FX for a sticky and that you're not too sore. How nice to know you have 3 more sitting on ice for another time.

Edited by Perfumista, 06 May 2017 - 12:11 PM.

#34 MissTR

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Congrats lexie, fx for a sticky one.

Yay for Monday epu perfumista!

Oh trying i love that you're so positive!  You have every right to give them nay-sayers a 1 fingered wave at the end of it all.  

Nurse said it's moving slowly but ok,  another bt and scan Monday, I'm still hoping for epu on Wednesday

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend

#35 Jo.F

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

Congrats on the transfer Lexie! And 3 in the freezer is great. I've added you to my 'full pretzel' list lol. Hpw cool is it to see the little embryo. We're very lucky with our clinic because they upload the image to our patient portal so we can save it onto our PC, print it out etc.

Perfumista - EPU on Monday is exciting. So are you triggering tonight?  

Trying - hang in there. I'm thinking of you and I really hope things start to go your way soon. I'm also looking forward to you sticking it to everyone in your other thread ;)

Fordy - hope things start moving along for you soon.

MrsP - 2 sleeps til FET :)

MissTR - it can be really frustrating when things don't move as quickly as they're expected to. Thats me pretty much every cycle lol. FX by Monday everything's on track for EPU on Wed.

Hope everyone else is well xx

#36 Perfumista

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Yes, am triggering at midnight - alarm all set!

MissTR - FX Wednesday is you day.

Trying - I was so disappointed to hear how the women in the other forum behaved. I really cannot understand online nastiness, let alone on here. Guess they don't believe in Karma. Positivity always wins out. ❤️❤️

#37 bceleste

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

Hey ladies.. I haven't even told my fiancé this yet but I did a hpt this morning (5dp) and i got my BFP!

I've attached the pic :)

I really hope that this is a good month for everyone, not just me!! And I will be keeping track of everyone and staying in this group a little while longer..

#38 bceleste

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

Sorry ladies, I didn't attach it properly.. here it is..

Attached Files

#39 Perfumista

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

Yay!!!!! Bceleste, so so happy for you. 🎉 ! Hope your grandma is doing better too. ❤️

Edited by Perfumista, 07 May 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#40 bceleste

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

Oh she is, thank you perfumista! She feels much better with the pacemaker in and is finally coming home today.. so it's been a great day so far!! :) thank you for all your support!

How is everyone doing??

#41 MissTR

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

Doing a happy dance for you bceleste! I hope you're setting the trend for a successful month for everyone

#42 bceleste

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Thank you Miss TR! So do I!! I have everything crossed for everyone!! :)

#43 baking101

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Yay Bceleste!

#44 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

So exciting for you bceleste!!! Keeping everything crossed for an amazing hcg result! When is your test?

Jo - thanks for the countdown! Very happy that you've gotten started on your down reg. May the next 4 weeks fly by for you!

Lexie - congratulations on the ET and great result with 3 frozen embryos. Keeping everything crossed for you too!

Good luck for EPU tomorrow perfumista!

Trying - some of the responses on that thread were frankly disgusting. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I hope that the early super release process is much easier.

Sorry to anyone I've missed, hope you're travelling well!

FET tomorrow! Feeling nervous but excited. We had a nice weekend away which was a good distraction. Found out that a good friend of mine who was also doing ivf is pregnant. I'm super happy for her, but also so sad for DH and I that our journey has been so much harder than theirs. This is all so hard sometimes.

#45 bceleste

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

Thank you Mrs P! And I know how you feel about your friend.. I have everything crossed for you tomorrow too! I really hope this month is good for all of us!! My BT isn't until this coming Friday.. I might do a couple more home ones to make sure the line gets darker haha

#46 bceleste

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Thank you baking!! :)

#47 Paige5

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

Wow!! Awesome news bceleste! Haha how special we are first. When is your blood test?? So exciting!!

How did you go today MrsP??

I've been sleeping sooo much and today had bad ovary pain and vomited... not normal.
Tried calling the Dr but one receptionist wouldn't take my details down because I see her at a different clinic then the other clinic said she is in Friday can you wait until then... thankfully not feeling so bad now.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hard to see if I missed anyone on my phone.

#48 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

Lexie, have you rung your clinic nurses? Bad pain isn't normal, so make sure you contact your clinic or go to ED if you're really worried. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

AFM, one little snowflake safely on board. Now to make 10 days fly past...

#49 MissTR

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Sending sticky thoughts your way mrs P, everything is crossed for you.

How was epu perfumista?

How's it going lexie? I hope you were able to get hold of your doc

My follies still going slow another bt and scan on wednesday no epu in sight, there's 2 growing now but the little ones have gone smaller since Friday so im feeling pretty bummed. Feel like breaking something, I'm rebelling and having a great big coffee full of lots of glorious caffeine and a giant cookie full of lots of sugar instead.

#50 bceleste

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

Oh Lexie, I hope it's a positive sign!!

Mrs P congrats on being PUPO!! Hope this is a sticky one for you also!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.