Woolies online (very fluffy)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Bendersmum

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

I've been getting my groceries delivered from Woolies on and off for the past 10 years or so. I've also tried Coles from time to time.

My last order included 1kg of green prawns. I know there's a shortage at the moment due to white spot disease so I wasn't surprised when the out of stock email included the prawn order, no biggie.

Order comes and wait they have included prawns ... not 1kg however, nope, 100 grams! Amounts to five prawns. I go back to the email and they have it right (I didn't read it properly), they supplied 100 grams and refunded the other 900 grams worth.

Now I just have to figure out what I can do with five prawns!!!

Probably not quite as funny as the time they substituted the squid I'd ordered with lettuce. I kept serving the lettuce up to my DH as "squid salad". We had a good giggle over that one.

Got me thinking, any other funny grocery stories?

#2 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

I ordered two lamb shoulders and they substituted two lamb legs. Not very equivalent for the recipe we had in mind!

Last week I got someone else's bread. I ordered two white loaves, sliced, received two unsliced loaves plus two wholemeal loaves that I never ordered. I've got bread coming out my ears now. Time for some bread and butter pudding and a LOT of toast.

I have tried not allowing substitutions but then you often get nothing. I'd rather something odd than nothing. It sparks my cooking imagination. I already Cooked up one lamb leg in the slow cooker and it was delicious.

#3 CallMeFeral

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

We got about 8 packs of angus beef sausages once. I felt terrible, someone's barbecue must have been completely sabotaged!

Once they substituted my coffee with decaf.

DUDE. NOT THE SAME THING. The guy on the helpline was most sympathetic!

#4 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

I love woolies online
not only is delivery cheaper than what it would cost us to drive there

But last week i got a $50 gift card and free delievry after they left out my steak, rang, complained and ended up being able to do a whole 2nd shop

Just before easter we got not only what we ordered, but 2 bags of someone elses and damn they had taste, pork belly, cheesecake, fancy dips

few times ive ordered 500g of meat, got 1kg as smaller packs were out
same for ordering smaller drinks, got the bigger

the best bit pf all my woolies shopping, ive barely spent $20 of my actual money in the last 2 years shopping with them. All gift cards from online surveys and forums

#5 SeaPrincess

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

I select the option to not replace anything. I pick up from the drive through, so as long as I check my email for out of stock items, I can grab them elsewhere.

I once arrived to pick up just as someone else was returning most of my order because it wasn't theirs.

#6 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

View Post*Nasty*Squeekums*, on 07 May 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

I love woolies online
not only is delivery cheaper than what it would cost us to drive there

But last week i got a $50 gift card and free delievry after they left out my steak, rang, complained and ended up being able to do a whole 2nd shop

Just before easter we got not only what we ordered, but 2 bags of someone elses and damn they had taste, pork belly, cheesecake, fancy dips

few times ive ordered 500g of meat, got 1kg as smaller packs were out
same for ordering smaller drinks, got the bigger

the best bit pf all my woolies shopping, ive barely spent $20 of my actual money in the last 2 years shopping with them. All gift cards from online surveys and forums

What surveys?? Sign me up! :D

#7 Prancer is coming

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

We once got an extra bag containing 2 tubs of ice cream and 2 bags of oven fries.  Nice surprise but it meant someone else got our bag with the magnums in it!  They gave us our money back for the missing bag and we got to keep the other bag.  So we came out in front, though were low on freezer space!

I love online shopping but sometimes struggle with product names.  I can only find the bag of lettuce I like if I search for 'mixed leaf', which isn't what comes to mind when I think of lettuce.

#8 rosie28

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

Coles lost me when they substituted cage eggs the free range ones I ordered. Not the same product and I called them and told them not to bring them to my house under any circumstances.

On the funny side Woolies substituted my punnet of raspberries for a pack of raspberry lollies.  Can't say I was totally disappointed!

Edited by rosie28, 07 May 2017 - 08:44 PM.

#9 Greatmum

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

lol that's what it's actually called mixed leaf or mesculllian lol

#10 Flaxen

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

Id like to get woolies delivered but they don't deliver to my area. Coles do.
My bad substitutes include regular 'wet' shampoo instead of dry shampoo, 3 missed meats in one order, where id have been happy to have subs, and on Xmas eve got plain liquorice twists when I needed the lolly assortment for the gingerbread house.
I don't like getting meat near its use by, or veg that's second rate. Other than that I like it.

#11 123me

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

I use to get deliveries from Woolies, they sometimes got it wrong but I think the worst was that they forgot our milk which isn't too bad.  My partner eats salmon, so I would order enough for one serve, which they never seemed to be able to provide, so we always ended up with double what we'd paid for - that was pretty good!  

Just recently, I had woolies pull up and unload all his crates to my door, insisting I had an order, which I knew I didn't.  Turned out it was for a similar number on the same street.  Initially the driver really didn't want to believe me that I hadn't ordered!

#12 SenatorPrissypants

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

I've discovered that they'll refund you if you're not happy with the substitution which makes me happier to take the risk. I might end up with something odd but at least I won't be out of pocket for it.

#13 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostLuckyMummy ♥♥, on 07 May 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

What surveys?? Sign me up! Posted Image
Well
rewardscentral
Myopinions
Erewards
mysurvey
researchminds
sahmsurveys
Swagbucks
Competitions.com.au
opinionworld
opinionspaid
Toluna
pureprofile
Purkle
globaltestmarket
Thepanelstation.com
yourgov
yourvoice
Myview

to find id just tack on surveys after the name in google search

The forums are run by insightsiq. From skincare, and food to home renos. Im not sure how i got onto this or if i was invited but they an easy one once in
Beveragedesignpanel is a new one to me but seems ok

Payouts can be giftcards and egiftcards or paypal, some do bank deposit too

i will be honest and say, it takes time, its monotonous and tedious but it really helps in tight weeks big time
It can take a while for some to build and there minimum cash outs but if you got the time it can be worth it,
like i will do them while watching tv or cooking dinner, waiting around on my phone.

#14 WaitingforZiggy

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

My Coles Online order today:

1 pack of kangaroo mince

substituted with

1 pack of pet mince

Guess that rules out spag bog for dinner!!

#15 Beqa

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Last XMAS I ordered 200grams ham. They substituted with the biggest leg of ham I have ever seen. The kids had a good go, but in the end nobody could stand the sight of anymore ham and the dog won it.

#16 Mmmcheese

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

I was once delivered someones cigarettes. It was a whole carton. Thing is, I have this weird thing where even the sight of a cigarette packet makes me feel nauseous, so I didn't want to touch them. I called them to come and pick them up because I couldn't deal with them in the house.

#17 Mollycoddle

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Lol OP I once got 2 x chicken wingettes (100g?) in my order. No idea what happened there as they charged me for the 1kg I ordered!

At a residential house I worked at we would always have to get the milk swapped despite having a permanent note in instructions that we needed it to have a reasonable expiry. A bit foolish on their part to assume we were going to go through 8 3L cartons in one day.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 08 May 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#18 Silver Girl

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostMmmcheese, on 08 May 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

I was once delivered someones cigarettes. It was a whole carton. Thing is, I have this weird thing where even the sight of a cigarette packet makes me feel nauseous, so I didn't want to touch them. I called them to come and pick them up because I couldn't deal with them in the house.

I'd be the same, I couldn't handle them anywhere near me.

We once had a box delivered by Aussie Farmers Direct that we didn't order. Rang them and they said it was meant for a few doors down. They said to keep it which was a nice bonus.

#19 *Nasty*Squeekums*

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostMmmcheese, on 08 May 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Oh now that would suit me lol

#20 Beqa

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

View Post*Nasty*Squeekums*, on 08 May 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Oh now that would suit me lol
Bloody oath!  There are a heap of poor buggers I know struggling to pay for them. We have neighbours in our street rolling for oldies to make it cheaper for them.

#21 redchick

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

Woolies have also been very good at refunds when they have given us wrong product. Substations have been very hit and miss so I'd rather go without!

One night we got our delivery and the driver brought in a big box of huggies nappies. We are well past that stage and told him we hadn't ordered them. We were the last delivery of the night so I felt really sorry for the family that missed out on their nappies!

#22 blackcat20

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Someone I worked with ordered single bananas ( I think 11 of them), and received 11kg of bananas. Lots of cake was made.

#23 yabbadabbadoo

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

View Postrosie28, on 07 May 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Coles lost me when they substituted cage eggs the free range ones I ordered. Not the same product and I called them and told them not to bring them to my house under any circumstances.

On the funny side Woolies substituted my punnet of raspberries for a pack of raspberry lollies.  Can't say I was totally disappointed!

We did an order with Coles the year before last for Christmas.  They substituted our Free Range Ham for Bertocchi so was not impressed and ended up giving it away.  I emailed them and we got a small credit but not worth the price of the ham.  What made it more frustrating was that the day before, when I popped into my local Coles to grab a few things, they had free range ones coming out of their ears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.