Due in Jan 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#26 catsnokidsyet

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

Hi there, BFP on Mother's day too! I went to the GP on Tuesday and had blood test yesterday...Now I am feeling like an idiot because I have no idea when to get my results???
GP said book an appointment after my Dating Scan (could book for next week...due date potentially 16/01)??) but I don't have my blood results yet? Such a novice at all this!!! HELP!

Symptoms to date FYI... mild nausea and tired as hell! tiny bit of cramping too!

#27 Flutterflee

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hi everyone, I'm due 3rd Jan with baby number 4. First scan on Monday :-D

#28 PennyApple

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

How far do people think they'll be for those having a dating scan? My gp said go at 7 weeks but the scan people won't book me until I think I'm 8 weeks?

#29 Mooples

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Catsnokidsyet I would call the gp and see if they could give the result over the phone before your dating scan.

Penny apple, I'll go for a scan at 7 weeks. It's hard enough waiting that long I don't think I could go any longer.

#30 avocado toast

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

I'm getting my dating scan at 7 weeks. I think they can see a heartbeat from 6 weeks?

I had my blood tests and my doc wants to see me about them - assuming I'm deficient in some nutrient - hopefully it's nothing serious they want to see me about. I wish they would just tell me over the phone!! I have to wait until Tuesday now

#31 JennyLA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

View Postcatsnokidsyet, on 19 May 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Hi there, BFP on Mother's day too! I went to the GP on Tuesday and had blood test yesterday...Now I am feeling like an idiot because I have no idea when to get my results???
GP said book an appointment after my Dating Scan (could book for next week...due date potentially 16/01)??) but I don't have my blood results yet? Such a novice at all this!!! HELP!

Symptoms to date FYI... mild nausea and tired as hell! tiny bit of cramping too!

Hi Catsnokidsyet
If you ring up your GP practice they'll may give you the result over the phone? You'd need to talk to your GP directly, possibly the reception staff will let you leave a message and your GP can call you back?
Hope this helps?

Edited by JennyLA, 19 May 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#32 KelNick10

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Penny Apple, my scan place said 7 wks and even though I know my due date I'm going anyway (especially after my gp joked about twins or triplets).

#33 KelNick10

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

I should've prob noted in my intro that I'll be an elective csec due to previous csec.  But I'll still fall in Jan - just a little bit away from 18/1/18 ;)

#34 caninestorm

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

I had blood tests on Tuesday (17dpo) and they just called with my results today. They recommended dating scan at 7-8 weeks so I've booked mine for June 8! Seems so far away!

Has anyone had beta hcg results yet? Mine were 1590 at 17dpo which is quite high!

My last pregnancy was with fertility assistance so a whole new territory for me too! Word of warning by the way, even if you think you're infertile, don't even have sex once. Hahaha

#35 Vixsta01

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

Hi guys, we are expecting baby #2 on the 22nd Jan. Hanging out for the scan and filled with anxiety! Queasiness but not morning sickness yet like my first. So excited!!. Still friends with many women from my first due in group for my son who is 3.5years old 😊

#36 Herewegoagain#3

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

Hi all! Expecting #3 on Jan 20 here. Have 2 boys already, had nausea but never vomited with either however this time I started vomiting yesterday and only 5 weeks today!!!

Will be having elective CS early Jan :-)

#37 PennyApple

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Thanks, I rang another place and they said they can do the scan from 6 weeks but I'm happy to wait until 7 weeks just to make sure I'm not too early. With my first, I went for a scan too early, I got there and they couldn't find anything and said come back in two weeks!! It was a long 2 weeks!!

So glad I don't have to wait until 8 weeks!!!

#38 Rozzie2018

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hi everyone!
I am due with #2 on Jan 6 so around 7 weeks pregnant. I have already had a scan and saw a heartbeat on Tuesday. I'll be having a scan every week as I've had various miscarriages. I had a scan last Friday and we could not see the heart, so I also recommend waiting a little bit if you can.
Congratulations to all of you!

#39 Ems 123

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

Congrats everyone on the BFPs. I got mine on Monday, currently 4 weeks 4 days - due 22 Jan. This is my second pregnancy, my daughter is 2. Feeling less anxious than the first time around, which is excellent. No symptoms except super strong nose! Last pregnancy I had HG and vomited from 5 weeks to 41 + 3....here's hoping I'm not in for that again.

#40 Mooples

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Ems that sounds horrible, hopefully you avoid hg this time.

#41 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

Ems 123 I'm due on the 22nd too and also had HG last pregnancy, fingers crossed for both of us hun! I had no nausea at all with my first pregnancy so have no idea what I'm in for this time around with #3.

#42 hampoky

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

Hi everyone. I tested positive 2 days ago and am still in a little bit of shock... I am due 26th Jan....

This will be our 5th child. Our children are 14, 12, 10 and 8... so quite a large gap and kind of feel like we are new the this....

I have anxiety and am freaking out slightly. I know my 14year old daughter is going to very disappointed. DH is going away for work for the next 3 weeks. So feeling very nervous about holding myself together.
DH is very excited and wants to do everything at the moment and says "got to look after my lregmant wifey" def helps put my mind at ease.
I have slight nauseous , tired and off my coffee.

Congratulations everyone, Looking forward to following everyone's journey.

#43 Ems 123

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Mooples. So interesting each pregnancy can be so different ThirdTimesACharm! Hope we both escape it this time. Pretty cool to have a due date buddy!

#44 Ems 123

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

Welcome hampoky too. I know what anxiety is like - I am in a constant battle with it. Mostly learning how to tame it though. Hope all goes well for you with the new addition and with telling your older kids when you're ready. Glad hubby is so supportive!

#45 Jacksta03

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Hi everyone,

I am also EDD 18/1/18 :-)

DS is 2. I had a MMC and D&C in December so I am a bit reserved (but cautiously optimistic!) about this one. I am having more symptoms than I did with the last pregnancy so I hope that is a good sign.

I've been to the GP but haven't booked my scan or OB appointment yet. Need to get onto it Monday!

Congrats to everyone!!

#46 Ray of Light

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

PennyApple, from what I understand the heart usually starts beating somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks, so if you go anytime after 7 weeks you should be safe!

#47 Ray of Light

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

Ems123- that's awful! Hopefully a smoother ride for you this time! My nose is also in overdrive, I actually sent back a pot of tea at a restaurant today because I refused to believe it was English breakfast, smelt too citrusy... second pot came out the same only they bought the packet to prove to me it was English breakfast... ummm  embarrassed much??!! 😂😜

#48 Ray of Light

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Sorry double post

Edited by Emmaleee, 20 May 2017 - 09:24 PM.

#49 Ems 123

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Did someone in here ask about a pregnancy journal? I got bump to birthday for my first - I loved how it was set out. A double A5 page for each week of pregnancy then pages for birth to one year - maybe not every week, but I think first month was each week, then it might've gone to monthly. There's a page for birth details, what was going on in the world on that day etc, spaces for pictures in loads of the weeks of pregnancy and first year, extra space for ultrasound weeks, at the start there's a page for parent and grandparent details etc.

That's all out of order! But I thought it had great spaces for writing what you wanted, and great guided things to prompt you to write stuff down - oh and a page of firsts for baby too, first word, rolling, crawling etc

#50 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm due 14/01/18 with my first :) hubby and I are super excited. Glad to see I'm not the only one in the early days who is bursting to tell people. I've told my parents and my in laws but waiting a couple of weeks to tell others. Been very nauseous this morning... anyone else have the metallic taste? Cb x

PS. Is there anywhere you can look up all the abbreviations used on here? Very confused 😄

Edited by Maiden87WA, 21 May 2017 - 11:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.