Due in Jan 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#51 Flutterflee

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

Maiden87WA which abbreviations? Maybe we can help :-)

#52 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

I found a page that has abbreviations in the admin section :) thanks
Bfp is one that comes up a lot?

#53 Flutterflee

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Big fat positive!

#54 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

Oh OK. Haha.

#55 Mooples

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

I'm seeing my family for the first time since I found out tonight. We are going to try our best to keep it a secret until our dating scan and reveal in a fun surprise. My last pregnancy we went out for dinner and I wouldn't have a glass of wine. Mum offered 3 times and on the third she started crying in excitement so of course we had to tell them all. Luckily I was pregnant or it would have been a big let down. So this time we want the moment to go as we plan!

How's everyone else going with the secret keeping?

#56 Flutterflee

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

I've cancelled an event next week for the same reason Mooples, if I go and don't drink everyone will know haha.

#57 PennyApple

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Yes, I'm trying to work out how I can keep it quiet. I normally go out for sushi once a week with girls from work, so I'm going to try to avoid that somehow and we have drinks this week fir a friend's birthday. It's going to be a dead giveaway.

I'm finding the time is going so slowly at the moment!!! 2 weeks and 2 days until scan. Going a little cray cray with all the waiting!!

#58 KelNick10

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

We've got some big decisions to make here first re: house and I was hoping to make them before we told people.... but I told mum today because she said she had a dream I had a baby girl 😜 So I of course said "maybe that's because I'm pregnant".  Sigh not doing the best at keeping it to myself 🙄  

Does anyone else here have big car/house decisions to make? I feel like I'm running around in circles and can't make a decision to save my life!!

#59 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

I told Family because if something bad happens I want them to be able to be there for me. I'm probably the minority here though. I'm very lucky to have my fam.
I was supposed to go to a birthday last night and I didn't go because of the drinking... I have used the "I'm on antibiotics" excuse once already at work. 😂

#60 ThirdTimesACharm

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

We've told our families already, I'm hopeless at keeping secrets :ph34r: My closest friends know too, we lost our last pregnancy only a few months ago at 12 weeks, so everyone needed some good news!
I haven't even been to the Dr yet, will head in next week sometime and get my bloods done. Good luck with your scans this month ladies x

#61 mrsmummap

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hello, Just shy of 5 weeks. EDD 23rd of jan I think. Im booked into my GP on Tuesday. I wasn't given a dating cans last time but hoping one this time. fx
This will be our second. We have a son who is almost 3.

I have been to 2 weddings this week so it was almost impossible to keep it a secret. I held a glass of water for all of 10 minutes last night and everyone asked me straight out if i was pregnant! I may as well have written it across my forehead or held a neon sign. IM NOT DRINKING BECAUSE I AM PREGNANT!

No symptoms yet. Feeling great!

#62 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

We weren't originally going to get a dating scan but as we have opted for the genetic blood test we wouldn't otherwise be seeing bub until I think 20 weeks. That's too long to wait! Hubby is super excited. Our little one is called fry (baby fish) at the moment. Does anyone else have a nickname?

#63 PennyApple

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

I'm finding the lack of symptoms a little unnerving!! I know it's early but I think I'd be more confident if I had more..

No nickname, husband and I are both really cautious at the moment!

#64 PennyApple

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

Maiden87WA wouldn't you still have 12 week scan as well?

#65 KelNick10

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

No bubba nickname yet but I usually do give them one so I'd better get on it!

#66 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

The 12 week scan is to detect downs syndrome etc which this blood test already does at 10 weeks along with a lot of other rarer genetic conditions. Therefore there is no need for the 12 week scan. The anatomy scan at 20 weeks is the first one if you don't need the 12 week.

#67 KelNick10

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

I'm getting dating scan, 12 wk scan and 20 wk scan plus nipt.

#68 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostKelNick10, on 21 May 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

I'm getting dating scan, 12 wk scan and 20 wk scan plus nipt.

Nipt?

#69 KelNick10

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Last time at 12 wk scan they identified an issue with the umbilical cord - so for me it's not just for the trisome testing.

#70 KelNick10

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Maiden, nipt = non invasive prenatal testing (like harmony?).

#71 avocado toast

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

I did harmony test with my DD but don't think I'll do it this time. Is it still $400? Funds are a bit tight this time around.

I'll be getting dating scan, 12 week and 20 week.

I also need to decide whether to try giving birth again after a major tear last time. My public hospital has it on file that i can request a c section this time around if I want one.....I really don't know what to do. Plenty of time to think about it I guess...

#72 jb_85

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

I also have a dating scan, 12 week and 20 week scan, last pregnancy we had the harmony test done which came back at low risk but at the 12 week scan they found abnormalities with bubs heart and the nuchel fold was off the charts. I won't be getting excited till we get past the 12 week scan this time around

#73 KelNick10

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

I've never had nipt before. Yeah it's still around 420.

#74 Maiden87WA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Oh. Maybe I should do both then jb_85. So many decisions! It's all very daunting and confusing. 😖

#75 Mooples

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

I'll be having a dating scan, 12 week scan, 20 week scan and my ob has a machine in his room and scans every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.