Decluttering and organising jewellery

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 redchick

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I can't seem to search this forum.

I have no trouble decluttering clothes, kitchen, lounge room and I even have got my make up under control but for the life of me I can't work out what to do with my jewellery.

I've googled suggestions for storage and get lots of lovely pic but they either only have a few strategically placed pieces or just won't work for me (I know I am not going to carefully put stud earrings through holes!).

My chunky beaded necklaces are OK but it's my earrings and nice silver jewellery (fine chains with pendants) that I can't get sorted. Should I use my nice jewellery box for the silver and plastic boxes for the casual (eg cute wooden apples) earrings?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as at the moment I tend to only wear a few pieces as those are the ones that are easy for me to grab and put on.

RC

#2 RocktonResident

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Stalking for ideas!

I currently keep mine in a make up tin type container. Boxes at the bottom, loose items in the tray at the top. Problem is, like you I only wear a few pieces and they sit on top of the tin. So really not an ideal solution.

(I've actually got them all spread out now trying to decide what to do with them all!)

#3 laridae

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

I've got one of those mirrors that have a jewellery cabinet built in. Plenty of storage. You do have to put the earrings through holes,  but its not that hard.

#4 purpleduck

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

For the studs etc - fishing tackle boxes with the adjustable sliders? Or the more expensive stackable jewellery box layers?
I also have one of those little wire mannequin things which I find good for the chains :)

#5 redchick

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Have to update with the solution I came up with - it was staring me in the face!

As mentioned I have a nice wooden jewellery box and I was really keen not to buy any more storage. Finally realised that as box is quite deep and has dividers I can hang all my dangly earrings on the dividers! The box is also divided into squares and rectangles so I've organised by colour/style.

Now all my studs go in the padded part for rings - I only have my engagement and weddings rings and never take them off.

All my silver chains now go nicely in the bottom drawer of the box and coz all chains are there I will helpfully use more of them.

I also did a clear out and am getting rid of some jewellery that was broken but is so inexpensive it is not possible/worth fixing.

I now feel like I have all this new stuff to wear!

Next challenge - the bedside drawer of useless stuff!

Thanks for all your advice

RC

#6 seayork2002

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

For my pendants I keep them in a pill box (the ones that have mon to fri on them for people who forget)

The only thing I am organised in my life! but yes i forget to take my tablets!

#7 got my tinsel on

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

I have literally dozens and dozens of earrings.  They are stored on a stand similar to this - mine is round rather than square.

http://www.miniinthe...gn=bingshopping

I bought one of these IKEA hangers recently to try with some of my beads.  I'm going back for more, so I can have them grouped by colours.

http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/70317072/

All precious metal and stone jewellery I store in a jewellery box on my dresser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.