Ready Set Go: Due in 2018

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#1 bceleste

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

Chat thread for those of us from ready set go or those going through assisted conception who have just gotten their BFP :)

Edited by bceleste, 23 May 2017 - 10:34 PM.

#2 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Such a great idea bceleste! Will be lovely to all stay in touch as we go!

How's everyone feeling?

I'm getting very tired, especially after work, and boobs are very tender. No MS yet thank goodness!

Going to contact my clinic tomorrow to find out whether my FS refers me to my obstetrician or I need to see the GP. I've already booked in to my GP for Friday, but I'll cancel it if I don't need it. Have any of you chosen your obstetrician yet?

#3 bceleste

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Yeah exactly! It's somewhere we can all relate easily also! :)

I'm feeling extremely tired, boobs feel a bit heavier but not any sorer than normal (I'm a size 10H) and yesterday and today I've had quite a bit of nausea but no vomiting thankfully! :)

I have picked my OB, she's the one who actually referred me to my fertility doctor 3 years ago to remove my endo! So I have history with them both which is nice.. I'm going to speak to my FS though because I think if he gives me a referral it is only valid for 3 months so I would be better going to my GP as a referral from her is valid for 12 months.. not sure if that's the same everywhere though, I'm in QLD..

#4 Jo.F

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

hey guys, I don't mean to harpoon your thread because it's a great idea, but just so you know there's a Ready, Set, Go Graduates thread already started if you want to hop into that?

There are lots of ladies in there who came from the RSG thread and a couple of babies have just arrived recently :)

http://www.essential...-chat-thread-1/

of course you can start a new one if you want, just wanted to let you know it was there :)

#5 bceleste

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Thanks Jo, I did see that but I noticed a few of those ladies are already talking about the first year because they've given birth and we are all still talking about early pregnancy atm if that makes sense?

#6 Chinoiserie82

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

So excited about this thread, I've been dying to chat and see how you guys are doing. Thank you bceleste for setting it up!

MS (or what I assume it to be) is kind of kicking my butt - nausea throughout the earlier part of the day (no vomiting thankfully), cramping and tiredness in the evening, my boobs are so sensitive it hurts when I get in the shower under the running water, and I ricochet between being totally disgusted by food and wanting to eat everything.

I am so curious about my bloods but I've only had the one test so far, which was two weeks after the FET, nothing since then. First scan is Wednesday next week, feels so far away, it allows me far too much time to think/worry!

#7 bceleste

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

More than welcome Chino! I am so happy to have somewhere to keep in touch and chat with everyone! :)

yeah that sounds like MS! thankfully mine hasn't been that bad the last few days, I hope yours eases up! Are you guys bloated to the point it could pass as a small bump?? haha

Oh you are lucky! i have to wait til the 5th and I am trying my best not to go insane! hahaha

#8 MrsG2

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Just popping in to say congrats to Mrs pemberly!! So happy to see you have gotten your bfp!!

#9 jb_85

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

I had my first lot of nausea this morning, looked at my pregnancy tablets and the thought of swallowing them made me feel ill.
Hanging out for the first scan which isn't until 5th June which puts me at 7 weeks so hopefully we see a tiny heartbeat.
Also is anybody else suffering crazy bloat, I seriously look about 5 months pregnant

#10 bceleste

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

My first scan is the 5th June too jb!! :) and yes, badly bloated atm!! Haha def not alone!!

#11 jb_85

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

It cannot come soon enough, I woke up to less sensitive nipples this morning and then had a massive cry because I got super worried something was wrong, after googling I know symptoms can come and go and there is nothing I can do, but then I got to work and they are back to being slightly as sensitive, I keep smoshing them just to make sure....

#12 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

There's 3 of us getting scanned on the 5th! So exciting and so far away still!!! Like you Chino, I haven't had a second BT so I'd love to know what's going on in there. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow to get a referral for my obstetrician - so tempted to ask him to do another hcg!

Sorry you're starting to get some MS Chino & jb! And bloating too. The not so nice side effects! Hopefully everyone's symptoms stay mild.

I rang up to book in to my obstetrician yesterday. It was an easy choice, I'm going back to the doctor who started me on clomid before I moved to ivf. She's absolutely lovely, so I'm looking forward to having her look after baby and I.
It was funny booking in with the receptionist though. She asked for my due date (24th Jan) and my LMP (11th April). She then says that my due date is the 17th Jan. So I explained that it's an IVF baby (the FET was on CD28!) so the due date is very accurate. She didn't believe me and just said that they'll confirm my due date at my scan. Hopefully the doctor is a little more understanding!

Thanks Mrs G2, very excited to finally get a BFP! Congratulations on the birth of your son!!

#13 bceleste

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

hahaha i know how you feel although not exactly about the nipple thing because my boobs havent really changed in sensitivity/soreness (thank goodness) being so big already they're generally sore of a nighttime only anyway and thats still the case..

My nausea is getting worse though (kind of feel weird for welcoming it) but it makes me feel better knowing that everything must be ok if im so nauseous..

How are you going MrsP and Chino??

#14 bceleste

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

we posted at the same time MrsP! haha

oh wow, so the 5th is a big day! hahaha It can not come quick enough!

Yeah I am going back to the lady who referred me to my FS 3 years ago for my endometriosis and thats what made me choose him as our FS so nice easy choice too! :)

I cant believe the receptionist didn't believe you, why would you be lying about something like this? I'm sure the Dr will be much more understanding :)

#15 jb_85

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

What state are you ladies in?

#16 bceleste

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

Sunny QLD jb :) you?

#17 jb_85

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

Super cold Vic, although it hasn't been to cold this week luckily

#18 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Also in not-too-chilly Victoria :-)

#19 bceleste

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

I think Chino is also down with you guys :)

Well if you ever come to visit brisbane, let me know! haha

#20 furbaby

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

Hi ladies,

I was on the journey with alot of you at different stages, so just wanted to say massive congrats :)

Delighted to see so many BFP's in May!!

#21 Jo.F

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

View Postbceleste, on 23 May 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Thanks Jo, I did see that but I noticed a few of those ladies are already talking about the first year because they've given birth and we are all still talking about early pregnancy atm if that makes sense?

that totally makes sense :) The other thread doesn't have many new people in there so their conversations are at a totally different point. I'll butt out now lol

#22 Chinoiserie82

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

I'm in Melbourne - Heater is on and it just rained, but an hour ago we were eating dinner outside ;)

So happy to see so many familiar names here :)

MS continues... but I can now add heartburn/indigestion to my list! I'm still taking progesterone every day so some of my symptoms could probably be attributed to that... I will be happy to give it the flick if my FS says we can after Wednesday. We had to buy another box of Crinone to make it through to the first scan, which is a bummer as we only needed a handful more.

I wanted to ask you guys about prenatal vitamins - I asked my husband to pick up some more Elevit as we were about to run out and the chemist suggested another brand - Tresos Natal, which he bought because he is lovely and the chemist said it was better (and more expensive, funnily enough). Only problem is, I can smell them from metres away (not even joking) and there is very little chance I am going to be able to take one without gagging. Has anyone tried these? What can I do to get them down? I really want to be able to take them/not waste the substantial cash they cost....

#23 bceleste

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

Thanks furbaby! :)

Yeah that's what I thought Jo, but thank you! :)

Chino i have a whole box and a half of crinone left and it's not getting used! Haha and as for the tablets, I just take elevit as that's the one all of my doctors (gp, ob and FS) have recommended but I get not wanting to waste your money.. maybe try a peg on your nose? It sounds silly but you can't exactly block it with your finger and take a tablet at the same time haha

#24 jb_85

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hold your nose and use milk to swallow it makes it easier.
I am taking blackmores pregnancy gold or something, I have used elevit before but it blocked me up way to much due to the iron, don't think the blackmores has as much iron but you do need to take two tablets a day which is hard because they are huge!
After my panic of all symptoms disappearing yesterday I woke up this morning and went back  to feeling like a bloated whale :) thank god for maternity jeans

#25 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Jo F, I very much hope you'll be joining us yourself here very soon!! And thanks furbaby, hope you're well!

Those new vitamins sound challenging Chino, but your DH is clearly a lovely man! No advice, just sympathy from me. In my more desperate stages last year before I moved on to the FS I saw a naturopath who put my on some very fancy prenatal vitamins which were super-expensive, huge, smelled revolting and you had to take two per day. Such a relief to go back to Elevit! lol

Glad all the symptoms are back jb, that would have been scary!

I've had a revolting cold since the day we got our BFP, it's been so much fun riding it out without Codral (not!). Finally starting to feel ok, and now DH is sick as a dog! We have been planning a celebratory dinner for over a week now, who knows when we'll actually get to do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.