Ready Set Go: Due in 2018

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#51 Perfumista

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

Bceleste - hope the MS stays away. My mum had no MS at all in 4 pregnancies so no need for it in a healthy pregnancy, hope I got her pregnancy genes! Good on you with the house stuff too. We got to build contract stage and paused so just settled our land but know what you're dealing with - hats off to you! Feeling good so far. 😊

MrsP - a crappy cold can get you down too so hope you're feeling a bit better today. I feel like with AR it's all so much about numbers and that other women who conceive easily probably don't analyze things as much as us AR girls. I don't know my numbers yet and wondering if I should ask on my 5wk BT this Wednesday if I'm told it's all fine anyway.

Chinoiserie! Whoop whoop back at you! 🎉🎉

JB - Google is so bad! Trying to stay away too!

MrsTT - yay! Great to have you here. 😊😊 Might switch to Elevit too once I'm done with my current vits, they're pretty gross. So sorry to hear you've had a bit of a stressful start but thank goodness levels all still really good. You scan is this Thursday! How exciting. 😆

ForTheLoveOf - welcome to our group. ❤️❤️  Nice to hear you're feeling great. I haven't really thought about testing yet. Maybe my last FS apt. I should ask if she reccommends.

AFM - feeling great, hope that's a good sign and trying not to think too much into it. Still a touch crampy but I do have recently diagnosed adenomyosis so maybe that explains a bit too. Have heard that adeno can add to discomfort - another question for my FS! Need to pee more than usual and also feeling pretty tired and having to get through writing school reports at the same time and they are normally pretty horrible at the best of times! 😭
We have only told my mum and sister and DH's twin sister who knew we were doing IVF. We got busted the other night though at a friend's dinner party/wine night as obviously I wasn't drinking and the lame 'had laryngitis' excuse didn't cut it. Didn't worry too much though as they were so happy for us as they knew we were ttc for nearly 3 yrs now so have been waiting for happy news for a while.

Hope your week goes well everyone. ❤️❤️

Edited by Perfumista, 30 May 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#52 bceleste

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

Welcome MrsTT and Fortheloveof :)

MrsP, I have had a couple of days like that and as Chino said, I put it mainly down to the hormones..

Chino, how are you going with your vitamins??

MrsTT, I have heard plenty of stories where women bleed throughout the pregnancy and have healthy babies, but it would still be so scary! FX your scan this week eases your mind :)

Fortheloveof we haven't spoken about it but I don't think we will be testing.. will you?

Perfumista, MS has not stayed away but it's reassuring me in a way haha I'm glad you're feeling good, the tiredness has been a killer for me also!

jb, i think we all let that thought creep in at least once but i think we will be fine :) staying positive! haha

Will any of you be finding out the sex? We don't want to, we think it will be nice to have some sort of surprise since getting pregnant was so methodical haha

Edited by bceleste, 30 May 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#53 jb_85

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

We did the percept testing with the last pregnancy and it all came back as low risk, so we thought everything was good but then at the 12 week scan they found problems so for us I don't think it was worth it, plus we found out the sex which made it even more difficult. If you are worried about the trisonomy risk then I think you should do it because I don't think that can be detected by ultrasound ( I could be wrong). I am tossing up whether to do it because I am a worrier but I wouldn't be finding out the sex until after the 12 week scan. The other option is the bloodwork and ultrasound

#54 MissTR

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi all, thought I'd pop into this group and get some inspiration from people walking the path. This is all so abstract and to be honest, very scary stuff. Had such a horrible last 24 hours, finally getting the BFP we've been praying for followed by heavy bleeding, cramping and clumps of gunk. The nurses have said it could be something or it could be nothing and either way there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm choosing to keep the faith until the next test on friday, thankfully it's settled down a bit today so I don't feel quite so miserable.

#55 bceleste

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

Oh MissTR i really hope this week flies by for you and that everything is ok and the bleeding does turn out to be nothing! try and stay positive (i know it must be so so hard) sending hugs!!

#56 Chinoiserie82

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hoping the week goes quickly for you MissTR, such a terrible thing to have to go through so soon after your positive test xx If you are still feeling crappy tomorrow I wonder if it's worth calling your clinic to see if they can move the test forward? I was bleeding quite heavily on my last round and they moved the test up a few days (I still did a test on the original day too). But I suppose it differs from clinic to clinic.

bceleste - bought a new box of my normal Elevit and asked my husband to put the smelly vitamins somewhere well out of my nose's reach. Considering they brought on my first vomit yesterday (up until that point it had just been feeling nauseous but under control) I don't think I'll be facing any arguments! ;)

#57 Chinoiserie82

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

PS. Yes I will be finding out the sex, ASAP. I want to be the type of person that would like the surprise, but I would only be fooling myself.

#58 MrsTerryTate

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Hey ladies!

There is quite a few of us in here now :)

Perfumista - we were recently (Jan) diagnosed with adenomyosis as well. I think our FS said that it can cause more discomfort early on.

Welcome fortheloveof!

MissTR- I have everything crossed for you, My Mum told me yesterday that she bled in the first few weeks with each of her four pregnancies as she was told it was "very normal".

Totally over all the medicines that I am on, the Elevit is the easiest as it's coated but the prednisone is the worst as it keeps leaving a taste which leads to nausea!

Although we have been doing IVF since 2011, We have never got this far before :) I feel like a complete idiot when it comes to what is next? I assume our FS will fill us in inn thursday, assuming everything is good?

Also as we did PGD our FS knows if the gender of the embryo put back, not sure if this is something she will tell us now?

Hope everyone is well, and resting as much as possible!

#59 bceleste

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Haha I used to feel the exact same Chino but now I want the surprise, everyone in my circle thinks I'm nuts though haha

You're not an idiot MrsTT and I'm sure your FS will fill you in, I cant remember, are you going private or public? If private she will most likely recommend an OB (if she isn't one herself) and if public she will advise what to do I'm sure :) do you want to know the sex??

#60 MrsTerryTate

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

We are not sure on the private/public thing yet. Need to get looking!

Yes we would like to know the sex :) thinknim too impatient to not find out! How about you?

#61 ForTheLoveOf

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

I hope everything does work out for the best MissTR!

My husband and I have spoken about the early tests and definitely considered it. I think we will just have more of a chat to our doctor and see what his thoughts are on it tomorrow.

But finding out the sex earlier would be a definite positive for us. I'm so impatient LOL. I also wish I was the type of person who would be able to keep it a surprise. Great will power bceleste :)

#62 bceleste

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

Haha I honestly used to be exactly the same but the longer it's taken us and all the detailed planning and dr visits I just woke up one morning and said I want to keep it a surprise and when I explained it to my partner he agreed thankfully :)

But yes MrsTT, that is the first thing I would do, talk it through with hubby and your FS and go from there once you decide :)

#63 Chinoiserie82

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

Just got back from our first scan. Our little mate is about 6 weeks and 5 days, give or take. We got to see it and see/hear the heart beat. It's just under a cm. We have another scan in 2 weeks How on earth do I go to work and pretend everything is normal now?

#64 bceleste

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

Oh Chino, that's awesome!! :) I'm so glad everything was good! as for work, i don't know how i'll do it on Monday so if you have any tips after today? haha I am 7 weeks tomorrow (according to my clinic and bloods) so we are very close! :)

#65 MrsTerryTate

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Amazing news Chino! How exciting!

And they say the 2ww is the hardest!

#66 bceleste

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

I honestly think every wait during this process is equally as hard! haha

#67 Perfumista

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

MissTR - hope everything is ok and this is just a bit of a bump that will smooth out for you soon. ❤️

MrsTT - I feel in the dark a bit too but looking at booking in with a local GP now for shared care so I feel like it will all start to make better sense then.

Chino - how amazing! After all we go through it's so crazy imagining a tiny little person is growing inside, heartbeat and all, I would struggle to keep it in too! I think I'm at match head size. 😆

I'm 5w2d now and had second HCG. Have been blessed with a second cold in as many weeks! Cons of working in a school I guess. Wish the little crampy feelings would go away though but no spotting etc. so just going to trust and stay positive. DH was keen to know the sex but I've always wanted to keep it a surprise and he's happy to wait too. Who knows, I may change my mind.   Can't stand all the waiting either, I'm too impatient!

#68 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

Congratulations Chino! Fabulous news - you must be feeling amazing!

I'll catch up on the other personals later :-)

#69 Chinoiserie82

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

Thanks guys, it's been a great day. However my FS is very cautious, he recommended we go week to week and cross each bridge one at a time. After the next scan we will discussing testing for Down Syndrome, etc. but he said for the moment don't make any arrangements/bookings, "just keep doing what you are doing". Sure it bursts your bubble a little but he must see a lot of happy people one week, only to have to tell them bad news the next so I get it.

He let us film the screen with the volume up so that is now officially my favourite thing to watch ever

Edited by Chinoiserie82, 31 May 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#70 jb_85

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Yay chino that's great news!!! That's exciting you will get to see your tiny bean in a couple of weeks again.

#71 ForTheLoveOf

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

YAY chino! Fingers crossed for the rest of it!  

I was lucky when I went to work because my boss knows I'm pregnant so I was able to share some excitement with her which made it a little easier. (she actually knew we were trying to conceive - I was working on a contract with her and she offered me permanent and I didn't feel comfortable accepting it without her knowing even though I had no obligation to tell. Then she knew we started IVF and was one of the first to know we were pregnant. Very lucky to have such a supportive boss. I hope you all do too!!)  

Although both my husband and I did find it hard to concentrate the rest of that Arvo. Lots of tea and toilet breaks hehe

#72 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

Catch up time: sorry for the delayed response!

Welcome ForTheLoveOf! Haven't worked out whether to do the NIPT or normal triple screen test yet, I'm planning to talk to my obstetrician about it when I see her at 8 weeks. That's great you've got such a supportive manager, I'm looking forward to telling mine next week.

Good luck for your scan today MrsTT, I'll be thinking of you!

Chino, congratulations again on the lovely scan result. I understand your FS' caution, but it is a bit of a dampener. I'd be watching that video over and over again if I were you!

Boo to another cold Perfumista. I assume there's something happening to our immune system in early pregnancy that makes you more prone to colds. Did you get results from your BT yesterday?

MissTR, hope you're doing well. Thinking of you xx

Only 4 more sleeps until scan bceleste and jb!!!

AFM, 6w1d now. Feeling a lot better than a few days ago. I think hitting the 6 week mark was a bit of a psychological hurdle for me. I'm not so scared anymore that my body just won't know what to do and I'd get AF. Still feeling very tired and bloated, but otherwise ok. Getting very impatient for scan day!

#73 MrsTerryTate

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

Hi Ladies,

We have just come out of the scan and it was amazing!

Measuring at 6 weeks and a heartbeat of 117bpm. :wub:

All good and back in 10 days for a second scan.

Chino - I think that FS' deal with so much disappointment for their patients, that they end up being slightly negative. Mine and DH's attitude is that we are going to celebrate every milestone no matter how small it is.

How was your BT Perfumista?

Fortheloveof - its so nice that your boss is so supportive! It's such a hard journey that having someone like that must be really awesome.

MrsP - When is scan date again?

Hope everyone is having a good day :smile:

#74 jb_85

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

Yay another milestone Mrs terrytate :) that sound of the heartbeat is amazing :)
I've started getting nausea daily now which I take as a good sign, also my gag reflex is super sensitive so even coughing almost makes me sick.
Hanging out for Monday :) I ended up telling my mum during the week over the phone, we have a lot of crap going on at the moment with my family and she needed some good news and she totally understands that I'm not super excited yet after what happened last time now let's hope she doesn't go crazy and buy stuff

#75 Mrs Pemberley

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

Wonderful news MrsTT! So happy for you! And yay to the bonus scan too!

My scan is on Monday, so I'll be 6w5d by then. Still seems a long way away but I'm flat out between now and then so hopefully it will go quickly.

Your gag reflex sounds awful jb! Hopefully it means everything is going exactly as it should.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.