Due in Feb 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#51 Hackany

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 08 June 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:

I think I need to prepare for a chemical pregnancy FRER as faint as yesterday and feel like my period will be here today (due today). I'm trying to stay positive because I know that nothing is certain until AF arrives but I also have to be realistic. I told my DH about chemical pregnancies this morning and he's bummed. He was so excited. At least we know we CAN get pregnant.

I'll update either way but I think I'll step out until I know for sure. Good luck to you all xx

Oh darling I'm sorry to hear. Fingers crossed but as you say- you CAN get pregnant and that is good news either way. Big hugs.

#52 10YearsLater

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

I'm still here. Cramping gone today and I've got major tiredness. If anything pregnancy symptoms are increasing not decreasing. I'm hopeful xx

#53 SquidlySquid

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

I have everything crossed for you 9years, I hope everything goes okay X

#54 Jo.from.Perth

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

9Years I have everything crossed for you!!! I had some pretty full on cramping which is calming down a bit now but it's been 4-5 days.

Musefan I'm so happy to see you in here :) :) :)

#55 10YearsLater

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:04 AM

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I'm much more positive now. Feeling less and less like AF is arriving and more and more pregnancy symptoms so I've decided to stop testing and just going with it. I have a Drs appointment Monday so I have my fingers crossed that everything will be fine (for me, and everyone here!).

#56 stephc4444

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

Hi all,

I think...I hope that I got a BFP this morning. I was feeling some symptoms but thought AF was coming yesterday.

Yesterday and today I have just been exhausted. Had plenty of sleep but woke up feeling very average. I thought about staying home from work. I have had tender boobs on and off, gas, metallic taste in mouth and this morning also felt nauseous.

I used a first response test and I sort of just said "please universe give me a sign" and then after about 3 minutes it came up. It wasn't super faint, but it certainly wasn't close to the same colour of the test line.

I have been going crazy at work so ducked to the pharmacy, being a country town they only had prognosis - and when I POAS at school (I'm a teacher), it came back with what can be described as a very very very faint, weird line/not line hahaha

So I hope I am joining you all...just don't want to read too much into.

Any advice about which tests are best or when to test again?

I would be about 13DPO, with AF due tomorrow.

Congratulations to everyone who has their BFP :)

#57 Nezzy

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

First response are the most sensitive Steph. If you got a line on both a first response and a prognosis already though then I think congrats are in order! You're preggas!

#58 stephc4444

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Nezzy. I hope so. Although the prognosis line was not convincing. I swear I thought I was seeing things this morning, I kept going "okay...right...okay" and was in such a fluster as I had already written off this month after POAS Monday. I will keep everyone posted. I might try to wait before doing another first response tomorrow morning. It's hard as I drink a lot of water haha

#59 Nezzy

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

I've found that my second pee of the morning is usually the best for getting a stronger line. Good luck, keep us posted.

#60 Musefan2010

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Anyone already thinking about public/private options?

We went private last time and were very happy with our hospital, and our OB.

I can't remember when the first appointment is usually scheduled?

I hate to call them and book in super early and then be disappointed if the pregnancy doesn't make it. But I also don't want to miss out on seeing that OB, I know they can book out early.

#61 SquidlySquid

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

I would book in, that way if the pregnancy doesn't make it you can get someone else to cancel if it does you get who you want! I'm going to book in to the hospital next week.

#62 RoxyKH

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

Hey ladies!
In your experience, at least those who've been pregnant before. Is it normal for progesterone levels to drop? Did a second beta today and results came back great according to the nurse (thank goodness for that!). Not trying to jinx myself or anything but the 1st beta came back with a higher progesterone number, about 220 I think it was and now it's at 189.
What do you guys think?
Thanks for your responses. :-)

#63 Nezzy

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Roxy, I'm on 500mcg of progesterone pessaries a day and bloods last week had my progesterone at 121 and this week it was 80. They said it was fine and in a natural pregnancy pregesterone sits between about 20 and 50. So yours is totally awesome so don't stress.

Edited by Nezzy, 09 June 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#64 RoxyKH

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

Thanks Nezzy!
Really appreciate the response. I did call the nurse in the afternoon to ask and she sort of said the same thing. I just wanted to ask again from those with experience to confirm. Everything is still feeling a little surreal at the moment! Haha
Hope your pregnancy is going well. :-)

#65 itsallnew

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

I've already booked my OB and have the first appointment at 8 weeks. I'll get around to booking the hospital some time between now & then. If you live in the city and want a particular OB or want a birth centre etc, its best to book early!

#66 Jo.from.Perth

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

Congrats Steph :) welcome to our group. I was the same as you, couldn't really believe a faint line

Musefan when I rang the OB they scheduled me for 11wks first appointment. I knew it was early but I got into a really good one, and the hospital is only 10 minute drive from home

#67 10YearsLater

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

I'm going public this time (was private last time) because we have an amazing new tertiary hospital which is better equipped than the private and much nicer. It's also all single rooms (which was the deciding factor to me). If I have GD again this pregnancy I'll likely have to be in for a few days due to jaundice with bub and I'm happy with the public option. I'll be booking after my Dr appointment next week as midwifery group care books out very quickly.  

I can't believe how big my boobs are and how much I've blown up so quickly. I must have A LOT of progesterone on board cause I'm retaining heaps of water and so bloated all over

#68 10YearsLater

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

I'm out ladies. Had a dream last night I was miscarrying. Went back to sleep with cramping (quite bad) and just woke up bleeding, quite a bit. With the HPT that never got very strong I can assume it's a CP. makes me sad cause my husband was so overjoyed and we were going to tell his mum today (it's her birthday). We'll start trying again this month.

Should I still keep my GP appointment on Monday?

Good luck everyone. I hope you all have happy, healthy, sticky beans 😘

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 10 June 2017 - 05:30 AM.

#69 SquidlySquid

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

I'm so sorry 9years - I hope you're both doing okay.
When I had mine a couple of months ago I was at the GP anyway with my son and mentioned that I thought I was having a CP and the GP wasn't concerned and I didn't have to go back. He said that it's fairly common and because we are now able to test to early we now know, whereas previously most women will have them at some point and without actually knowing they were pregnant at all. He said I could keep trying straight away. My next cycle was quite off, I don't think I ovulated at all (my cycle went for about 35-36 days with weird cm) but went back to normal after that. Good luck with everything

#70 Torey

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, 9years. TTC is such a hard process.
I'd probably keep the GP appointment just to have a quick chat about it.
Hope it's your time really, really soon.

#71 itsallnew

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

Sorry to hear ~9years. Be gentle on yourself today.

#72 Musefan2010

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

I'm so sorry 9 years.
I hope you're both ok.
Fingers crossed for a super sticky BFP for you very soon xx

#73 Jo.from.Perth

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

So sorry to hear 9 Years - make sure you look after yourself xx

#74 She-calls-me-mumma

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Sorry to hear 9years.

I'm popping back in to say hi. Have been to a GP and now waiting for my results.

Also realised in my last post I said I was 6 weeks... Um actually I was 5!

Will book my OB appointment for about 7 weeks. Will be going private again like last time.

#75 Nezzy

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:53 AM

So sorry 9years. Even though a CP is a super early loss, it's still a loss and it still hurts. Sending you virtual hugs. Look after yourself. Xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.