Help! Too much salt in spaghetti Bol

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 oliversmum

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Too much salt has gone into the spaghetti Bol
Is there anything I could do to rectify or should I just throw it out?
😊 Dh has loaded it up accidentally

#2 Brutta Borgia

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

Put half a potato in the pot - don't chop it up - and simmer it for a bit...

EDIted to add - discard the potato for eating - that might work

#3 born.a.girl

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

I would never throw something like that out.   You can tone down the salt by making a second batch with no salt, depending on how much extra salt there is.

Alternatively use that batch for lasagne and make sure any further sauce etc you use is unsalted.

#4 oliversmum

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

Bornagirl I have never throw anything out either
I'm trying the potato first then maybe another batch of meat with no salt
Thanks so much

#5 NinnyMuggins

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

The potato usually works well. DH then chops the potato up and freezes it for using in stew.

#6 born.a.girl

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

I've never heard the potato trick before, thanks folks.

#7 itsallnew

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

For future reference the potato trick works well to tone down a spicy curry too!

#8 born.a.girl

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

View Postitsallnew, on 19 June 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

For future reference the potato trick works well to tone down a spicy curry too!

Now I need that trick even more, before my husband gets to commandeer the too hot but very delicious curries. :)

#9 boysescakes

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

I think I've heard tomato can also lessen the taste?

#10 oliversmum

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

Thank you
Used a potato
I think it has toned down the salt a fair bit

#11 oliversmum

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:59 PM

The potato toned down the salt a fair bit thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.