Due In Feb 2018 #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#26 firensurf

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:47 PM

Good to hear there are some great HCG results coming in. I did another blood test this morning and see my GP tomorrow morning. The bleeding has totally stopped so I'm crossing my fingers there will be another jump tomorrow. Your numbers all seem so high!!
My first appointment with my OB is on July 14- seems ages away too! My OB from my other 2 kids retired so I'm going to see a new guy- I'm hoping he's good!! I hope you are all feeling ok, no nausea here yet!

#27 Ori Avo

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

Hi ladies
May I join you? I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my first and due date is mid-Feb 2018.
It was AC so I already had 2 BTs and 1 scan (saw a tiny heartbeat this morning it was so exciting), I've booked the hospital & seeing my OB for the first time 2 weeks from now.
Hope things are going well with everyone :)

#28 tac87

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hi everyone I'll be joining in if that's ok.
I hope your all travelling along nicely. I got my BFP last Friday ํ ฝํธ EDD is 25th Feb.
I've had one set of bloods done at 4w2d and HCG was 61 which im worried is a tad low. Having them done again tomorrow (5w4d) so crossing my fingers for a big rise.
Have our dating scan booked for Mon 10th which is when we always find out if it's a goodie or not (I've had 3 mc) hoping these next couple of weeks will go bye fast for us all.
Take care ํ ฝํน‚

#29 firensurf

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

Welcome all the new people! Such exciting times ahead for everyone! Tac87 I'm almost the same as you with an EDD of feb 24. So far my hcg levels have been 9, 55 then 195. I get my next result tomorrow. I felt they were low too but I think there's a big range of "normal". X

#30 nimble

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:27 AM

Welcome to those who have just joined, and congratulations!  Exciting times ahead.   How is everyone feeling?  

Firensurf - hope all goes well at the GP, keep us posted!

Carrie - hoping the nausea is back for you (such a strange thing to be wishing for someone lol)

I should get my blood test result from yesterday, this morning.  Needing a result of over 35000.   Scan is tomorrow, though, so that is the next hurdle.   Had to take panadeine last night as was in so much pain with my cold sore and couldn't get to sleep.  Felt guilty taking it but only other option at home was nurofen which I recall was on the banned during pregnancy list.    Hate feeling so run down.  Only have ever suffered these things when pregnant, so guess my immune system is repressed a lot.   Other than that, just feeling fat lol.

#31 Carrietarool

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:30 AM

Welcome Ori Avo and Tac87 - woohoo great to have some more joining us!

Firensurf im so glad the bleeding has stopped now, nothing more worrying in early pregnancy. fingers crossed for smooth sailing for you from here on in! Mid July really feels soo far away for OB appointments doesnt it!

Ori Avo its so beautiful seeing the tiny heart beating away on the screen!

Tac87 - dont worry about the low level (easier said than done I know) - its got to start somewhere! heres hoping at your next bloodtest you will see that its been doubling along nicely :yes:

Let us know your blood test result Nimble! I kind of wish I could fast forward the next few weeks for us all...No time goes quite as slowly as the 2ww in TTC (although i skipped that part this time because we werent TTC!!) and then early pregnancy when you are hoping and hoping all is well and looking for signs and symtoms constantly to try and reassure yourself!!

Nimble I suffered shocking headaches last preg and seem to recall my OB saying occassional Panadeine in pregnancy is ok but Nurofen is a definate no no.

Edited by Carrietarool, 29 June 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#32 nimble

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

So... wishing I hadn't had the test now, as went from 17093 on Monday to 30813 yesterday, so not doubled.  Surely that isn't good?   Will just have to wait on scan now...

#33 Mingles

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Glad you're feeling good today Carrie! Even if a little less reassured, I know what you mean by that. I'm relying on my ridiculously sore boobs for that! How many weeks are you now?

And you're in Sydney too, Nimble! Where did you deliver at last time, sounds amazing! I've signed up with RNS midwife group and I'm excited to see what they're like, I've heard great things :)

#34 Mingles

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

View Postnimble, on 29 June 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

So... wishing I hadn't had the test now, as went from 17093 on Monday to 30813 yesterday, so not doubled.  Surely that isn't good?   Will just have to wait on scan now...

Doesn't it double every second day? If so, that looks good to me! What does your dr think?

#35 nimble

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hey Mingles - it had been 48 hours exactly but I've been googling and the 48 hour thing isn't gospel and the doubling can slow a little as time goes on.   So will just have to wait for the scan now.

How are you feeling?

#36 Ori Avo

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

When is your scan Nimble?
Ladies everytime I Google I get more freaked out, Google isn't my friend ๐Ÿ˜” Maybe this is what motherhood is, lots of worrying ๐Ÿ˜‰

#37 Carrietarool

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

im 7 weeks now Mingles! i should know from past pregnancies that my morning sickness has always ebbed and flowed, sometimes its bad all day other days i feel pretty normal..its just another thing to worry about though in first tri!
My boobs havnt been nearly as sore this time just a bit tender, Im still breastfeeding though so i dont know if that maybe has something to do with it??

Nimble I know its sooo hard not to worry when you dont get the result that you are expecting, but those numbers are still good! I think the higher the HCG gets the slower the doubling time. There was a lady in my last dig who by 6 weeks her numbers were only doubling every 3-4 days and she was preparing for the worst...everything was fine. Im so glad you only have to wait till tomorrow for your scan, I really hope that will ease your worry with a good result xx

#38 Carrietarool

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

Google is the worst Ori Avo - im always guilty of looking to it for reassurance and it never fails to instead present me with an even worse possibility that I hadnt even considered haha!!

#39 kkm87

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hi everyone,

New to the group here, I will be 6 weeks tomorrow :)
I am from Perth, this is my second pregnancy, I have a 3 year old daughter. Dating scan booked (just cos I can) for next Friday!
I was wondering if I can join the other group also? Mingles, I have sent you a PM, let me know if I need to do anything else?

Nice to meet you all โ€“ how exciting is this! x

#40 tac87

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Nimble-I think that sounds really good. They do slow up once your levels get high for sure. Good luck for tomorrow's scan

kkm87 - hi and congrats. I'm also from Perth. I have my scan just after you on Monday 10th.

Mingles - I have also sent you a PM. Thanks

AFM I've just had my second bloods done. Will give my Ob a call for results this arvo.....don't you love waiting haha

#41 Carrietarool

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

Tac87 how did your blood test results go?

Welcome kkm87!!

Edited by Carrietarool, 29 June 2017 - 06:49 PM.

#42 firensurf

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

Hi guys got my tests and dr is happy with how the levels are looking! No more tests unless the bleeding returns! Now to wait for the scan! What's the other group? ๐Ÿค”

#43 tac87

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

i called at 4pm and they didn't have my results back so I'm hoping I'll be able to call and get results on a Saturday... so typical. But like DH says, Either way it doesn't change the outcome.

That's great news  firensurf. PM Mingles for the other group details.

#44 Carrietarool

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:21 AM

its so true...all the tests and everything dont change anything...still want to know though!
My mum always tells me that when she was pregnant the only time she ever had an ultrasound was while pregnant with my sister when she was 20 weeks - my sister was the youngest of 3 of us! I cant imagine going through my whole pregnancy really not knowing if everything was ok or not! - of course back then it was just the normal and they knew no different!

Great news firensurf!

Good luck for your scan today Nimble, let us know how you go!

#45 nimble

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

Good morning, how is everyone today?  

Had my scan and there was the little heartbeat -112bpm (which I thought was low, but sonographer was very happy and said anything over 100 they're happy with).    Measuring fine for 6w1d.   So hurdle #1 over and done with.   Now have to wait 4 weeks for the harmony test.  If the pregnancy continues that far...   It is simply one day at a time now.

May I ask who on here is going for an obstetrician or through the public system?   Should things progress, I am tempted to go private as I will need a c-section due to the damage caused during the natural birth of my son.  My local hospital is amazing for public if you can get in the midwife group practice, but i would not qualify for that due to requiring surgery.   In Sydney, you practically have to get in with obs when you're not even pregnant yet, lol, so need to make some decisions.   Look forward to hearing what everyone is planning on doing?

#46 Carrietarool

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Yay im so happy it went well Nimble!! My sonographer said the exact same thing at my scan on monday, they are happy with anything over 100bpm.

I really want to do the harmony test this time aswell if all progresses ok., im with you there, one day at a time!

I know ive already said but im going private with OB, my first pregnancy was high risk and ended in emergency c section under general anaesthetic, i attempted VBAC for my second which was a normal pregnancy but it ended with another c-sect and so they told me my 3rd had to be another c-sect and this one would have to be aswell.
I travel down to an OB on the central coast..we are a bit rural so wether i went to coast or newcastle its still roughly the same travel and our families are both on the coast. I like the OB but hes very popular and very busy, sometimes i wait for 2hrs in his rooms to see him which is hellish with other kids in tow, but he is wonderful at what he does and despite being my 3rd c-sect, it healed wonderfully and was a good recovery too.

Edited by Carrietarool, 30 June 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#47 Mingles

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Congrats Nimble, that's great news! How did you go with the litre of water thing? I'm not great at holding my bladder at the best of times!

Do you have any concerns about going public with a c-sec? I figure they still do them a lot and the money you save.... or is it the pre-natal care you're more thinking of?

Where abouts are you Carrie? I'm originally from Newcastle but have a lot of family in the upper hunter.

#48 stace_wa

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Congratulations Nimble! Still stalking in here a little bit and it's so great to hear good news!

#49 firensurf

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:09 AM

Great news nimble!! Stace WA how are you doing? My sister had a baby yesterday! I forgot how little baby's are!

#50 nimble

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

Morning ladies! How is everyone today?

stace_wa.  How are you?? I hope you're doing ok. Have been thinking of you.  

Mingles - good luck today at that scan. Keep us posted! Hope you manage to hold the liter of water in!

Carrie - that's great that you have such a good OB and healed really well. That's one of my fears with a c-section, the healing bit.  So you didn't have the harmony test previously?  I'm so glad that so the testing in Australia now as it has to be sent to America when I had it done previously.

Fire surf - congrats to your sister! What did she have?

So.. I'm booked into see an OB on the 10th.  Have decided I'm definitely going down that route this time for the following reasons:
I'm 41 and have had 3 MCs so higher risk in some ways
Had considerable damage with my son so a natural birth out the question second time around.
Going public I wouldnt be able to go MGP so would have someone different each time and apparently the waiting times are crazy.

Thankfully DH is on board with going the OB route, and understands the concerns.  If I were able to go the MGP route, I would have absolutely no hesitation in going public but, alas, not meant to be.

Anyway... just have to make it to the appt.  one day at a time...

So what symptoms are people having? I'm just super tired and bloated/jelly belly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.