Due In Feb 2018 #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#51 Mingles

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Sounds like a good decision for you Nimble, go with your gut!! Mostly just persistent nausea for me ATM...

I had my scan this morning, not too bad! Measuring 5wks 6 days (I thought 6wks 1 day so that's okay), 101 bpm. So all sounds on track. Sonographer said to get another referral for 8 wks, so going back on the 15th.

And holding my bladder sucked! I think I drank too much too quickly. They were running 30 mins late so I had to pee then drink again, dang it.

#52 stace_wa

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

So glad to hear you guys are getting little heartbeats on your scans! It's so amazing thinking that this little blips are going to be babies!

Thanks so much for thinking of me guys! In doing really well. I think I was so convinced early on that it wasn't going to stick or was a chemical that apart from a few tears last weekend I've been fine with it all. I'm just focusing on my weight loss and overall health to get me in the best place to support a healthy pregnancy in the (hopefully) near future.

I may still continue to stalk this thread for a while if that's ok lol I love pregnancy and wish you guys all the very best! Much love and hope everything goes smoothly for you all.

Had to edit as half my post didn't post, so weird!

Edited by stace_wa, 01 July 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#53 Mingles

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

So glad you're in a good place Stace, really good to hear :) stay as long as you like, looking forward to hearing some good news from you! x

#54 Carrietarool

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

So glad to hear you are doing ok stace_wa, you've been in my thoughts xx

Yay mingles im so glad to hear all went well at your scan and you saw the little heartbeat!!

#55 firensurf

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Hi ladies just a quick one as I'm not well. I've vomited 12 times today? Is that normal? I've never had ms with my other kids so it's new to me.... unless I have a bug

#56 *bright*

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

Hi ladies,
Big congrats to you all!
Maybe join you? I'm 5 weeks today, which I think puts me due early March but I'll be having bub by c sec late Feb.

Looking forward to chatting more :)

#57 tac87

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

Fireandsurf I hope you are feeling ok. A few of my gf have had ms that bad. You poor thing!!

I've been spotting since yesterday morning so I'd say I'm out unfortunately. If there is a plus side to a mc it's having it happen early. This will be my 4th and I'm 6w today so will be the earliest it's happened so far. Will keep you all posted either way.

#58 nimble

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

Welcome bright*future!   Hoping for a smooth 9 months ahead for you :)

tac87 - I am sorry to hear this.  Spotting can be normal in pregnancy though.  Have you been monitoring your HCG levels?  Hoping it is not a MC, but totally know what you mean about if it is, the earlier the better.  Keep us posted on how you're doing.

firensurf - you poor thing, that sounds dreadful.  Hopefully it is just a bug but if it continues then get yourself to the doctors asap so they can give you something to alleviate it.    You have to make sure you don't get dehydrated.

Mingles - great news on the scan! How you feeling??

Carrie - how are you going?  

stace_wa  - hang around as long as you want, it is lovely to know you're still here with us.

AFM - feeling rather rubbish.  Mainly like i have a nasty hangover.  No vomiting, just feeling yucky and tired.  Have docs today to discuss scan etc.   Trying to decide whether to go to Pump this morning.  Hate missing gym, but also don't want to push it if it will make me feel worse.  Hmmm..

Oh and DH being unhelpful and moody.  Sigh.  Men!

#59 1stTimerCass

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

View Postnimble, on 03 July 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Mainly like i have a nasty hangover.

Mingle, you've summed up perfectly how I've been feeling!!
Tomorrow marks 9 weeks for me, and I'm over this feeling already! I've been sick most mornings, usually just once.  Yesterday was the best I've felt in so long, I was actually kind of worried that something was wrong because I felt so good!  I'm wondering if getting lots of sleep and rest is what helped me feel better yesterday... I don't know how many hours of sleep I got, but I was in bed around 9 and didn't leave my bed until almost midday! It was bliss!

Last night I think I got about 8 hours, and this morning I was feeling the hangover feeling again.  Counting the hours until I can be in bed again!!

#60 Carrietarool

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

oh firensurf that sounds awful :( could be a bug but also could be bad morning sickness, i agree with Nimble, if it continues definately get to the doctors, I know there are things that can help.

Tac87 - I had spotting for a week or so in two of my healthy pregnancies and all was well, i have everything crossed for you that it will be the same for you. definately let us know how you go, i am thinking of you, it is always scary to go through xx

Welcome bright*future!! and congratulations!!

Wow 1stTimercass, 9 weeks!! the end of the first trimester is in sight for you! I know what you mean re. worrying something is wrong on the days you feel better!

Im doing ok, a bit the same as you nimble, feel like Ive got a hangover but a neverending one! and ive had headaches the last few days too, I never had headaches in my first two pregnancies but had heaps in the first trimester last preg, seems like same again this time.
Over the weekend I felt really nauseous- no vomiting luckily just a bit of dry retching. Not so bad today though.

we had dinner at my inlaws on sat night and we told them I was pregnant because I was feeling so yuck I could barely handle the dinner they had made (which i would usually LOVE), and they were so excited and saying congratulations etc, I always feel very uncomfortable getting congrats and stuff this early....theres such a long way to go yet.

then yesterday my brother and sister in law came over and we ended up telling them about the pregnancy too because they brought me a bottle of my favourite wine to drink, anyway when we told them they told us that my sis in law is pregnant too - and based on her LMP due on the exact same day that my scan put my due date at!!! She had a miscarriage in March and so is very nervous about this one too of course , i just so hope it all works out :pray:

#61 Ori Avo

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

Hi ladies good to see you are all going well apart from the MS!

I also had spotting this morning and freaked out, was about to start crying at work... It has since stopped but I'm feeling very scared and worried.. My appointment with my FS is next week. I just hope everything's OK...

#62 Carrietarool

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ori avo i feel for you, sending you hugs, the sight of spotting is truely terrifying. But it is so common in early pregnancy and it definitely doesnt always mean the worst, my two oldest sons are a testament to that. Its great that it has stopped. I know its an anxious wait, hang in there and vent here all you need xxx how many weeks are you now?

Edited by Carrietarool, 03 July 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#63 OllieJ83

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Hi all

Another newbie here.

Currently 7w3d with baby #6 after a m/c in feb, tho it's been a while between babies - my baby is almost 9!

I too have been feeling awful, morning sickness 24/7. Vomited a few times but mainly that worst hangover of your life feeling constantly.

I have had a bit of spotting as well and had a scan at 6w 5d and baby was where it should be with a hr of 110. Sonographer was happy that all is well. Hcg  levels same day were 89795 but haven't had them retested.

We have told our families, but not our children just yet.

#64 *bright*

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

Ori Avo, sending hugs. Are you on progesterone? Can you get a couple of blood test from your clinic?

Hi Ollie, congrats & hope all continues to go smoothly! I know what you mean about that hangover that won't go away!

#65 Ori Avo

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for your kind words ladies.. I spoke with my GP and he said it's not ideal but pretty common. Told me to continue normal life, but then I made the mistake of telling my parents and my mum basically freaked me out more and insisted it's the first sign of miscarriage and that I must do bed rest for the rest of this week, I thought that was a bit ridiculous but she's managed to find some articles online to support her view. I was feeling a lot of stress and anxiety and barely slept last night which can't be good. I haven't told work yet (doing the 12 weeks thing, and without morning sickness no one knows). Work is really busy right now. I feel like I'm in some dilemma where if I start bed rest it's a bit silly since it's probably not required, but if I do mc because of not doing bed rest I'll hate myself and regret for life... Sorry rambling on...

#66 *bright*

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

Ramble away Ori. I hope it's nothing & often is. Maybe busy work is a good distraction until you see fs?

#67 Carrietarool

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Definately a safe space to ramble OriAvo, and so many of us have been where you are. Its an awful feeling.

Re. The bedrest, i am definitely no doctor  but from everything ive been told by my OB through my miscarriages, when its in the first trimester like this if its going to happen then nothing you do or dont do is going to stop it.

Try and stay positive,i know its so much easier said than done. Have you had any more spotting? Is there any way you could get a referral from gp for a scan this week to help put your mind at ease? Days feel like years when you are waiting for answers :(

#68 Ori Avo

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Carrie and Bright, I've told work and I'm taking today off to rest. The spotting is still here but lighter, yesterday morning there was bright red blood but not much (tmi sorry). When I saw that I just felt blood drain.
Thank you Carrie for sharing your experiences, it helped me feel better. I'll try to keep myself positive and occupied. I'm 7w6d today and no MS and bbs not that sore. I just hope all goes well... My first ob appointment is next Thursday, GP didn't seem that worried so didn't refer me to ultrasound. My FS is on holidays. I think I'll get in touch with my OB or AC clinic if anything happens. Can't wait to get to 12 weeks!

#69 nimble

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

Hey Ori Avo - it is upsetting and worrying when spotting but it can be completely normal.  Resting up certainly won't do you any harm at all though.  I remember having a massive bleed at 16 weeks once!  So frightening and the triage nurse at the hospital said it was 99% a MC, but thankfully the doctor found a HB and i now have a 3 yr old; it was just a mystery bleed.

Welcome Ollie - 6th baby, wow!   I'm exhausted running after one child at the moment, let alone 5!!

firensurf  - has the vomiting eased at all??  Hope you're ok.

How is everyone else going today?  Anything to report?  

I am feeling pretty rubbish in the mornings but no sickness, still just a fake hangover!   DH being a bit of a t*at at the moment which doesn't help matters.   He is not the empathetic type whatsoever.   Saw GP y'day and she says everything so far is textbook.   Still not getting too invested in this until the Harmony test (if I make it that far).

#70 Carrietarool

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

welcome Ollie! i hope everything settles down for you and you enjoy an uneventful pregnancy!

Nothing much to report here, my sense of smell has begun to go crazy though and the smell of mens deodorant (and many fragrances in general) is repulsive to me. I recall this happening last pregnancy too, i usually love burning candles and melts with different scents, last time I couldnt handle the frangrances at all.

Just waiting waiting and counting down day by day. all going well its two weeks today till I have another scan and see OB for the first time.

Nimble I hear you on the DH thing, I soo wish they could feel what we feel in first trimester (and actually, all pregnancy long!)

#71 10YearsLater

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

Just quickly popping my head in here. I was a member of Feb DIG at the very start but ended up having a CP. Delighted to say I'm pregnant again with much darker HPT lines already at only 12DPO so we're now DIG neighbours - due 15 March. Hoping this one is a sticky. It feels good so far...

I think it's always nice to know what happens to those who leave because of mc etc so thought I'd share my happy news 😊

#72 nimble

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

9yearslater  - that is fantastic news, congratulations!  Funny how things work out and, you're right, it is always great to know what has happened to people and wonderful when it is such good news :)

Carrie - I hear you on the smell.  Everything is so strong!!

How is everyone else going?  Any news?

#73 Carrietarool

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

9yearslater congratulations I am so very glad to hear your news!! I hope for a very easy uneventful 9 months for you xx

#74 Ori Avo

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

9yearslater congrats and thanks for sharing your wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! & It's definitely good to hear what happened later! It gives me hope if this one doesn't work out :)

AFM had scan today (as continued to spot), small sac and embryo measuring at 7 weeks (I'm actually 8 weeks today)... Doc said the implantation probably wasn't good hence the small sac & spotting. Outlook high risk of MC, told to rest and go back in a week for another scan, this is my first pregnancy thru IVF after 4 years TTC... Cried a little but it's not over and there's still HB so I'm going to stay strong! Fx for me ladies :)

#75 Carrietarool

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

Oh Ori Avo what an emotional rollercoaster. I have absolutely everything crossed for you, sending every positive vibe that all will be ok xxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.