• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

New thread time ladies  :)

#2 blueskies12

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

Hello, how is everyone going?

Just wondering when everyone starts to buy things? Target had some things on sale and I wondered whether it was too early.

Thank you for everyone for your support with telling my friend. I am waiting on results and I answered and she asked if me if I was ok. So I let it all out and told her in the process. She was so nice and happy. I am lucky to be friends with her.

Seems like a long time until the next scan. Anyone having their morph scans now?

#3 LittleLoves3

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

Blueskies - so glad your friend was so happy - she wouldn't want you to be afraid to tell her even though it must be hard.
How are you going?

I have laybyed a basinet (the one I had for the girls was on sale at Babies r us so had to) a highchair (half price so why not), sophie the giraffe and a play pen with UV shade for camping ... But other than that and a couple of baby toys in the Toy Sale when I did the girls presents I haven't done much.

We won't buy a cot until after bubs is born - we are about to start a second storey renovation so we have to try and store a lot of furniture so can't add baby stuff to that ... Plus will sleep in the basinet at first anyway...

Other than that I won't buy until after the morph scan which is at the end of July - we will find out whether we will be having a boy or girl then so can buy some clothing. And then I only really need to get a pram and the maxi cosi capsule. I pretty much know what I want just holding off until I know everything is ok...

Is everyone using the other website to keep in touch? I haven't added to that yet ...

#4 Three Of Hearts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

View Postblueskies12, on 27 June 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

Hello, how is everyone going?

Just wondering when everyone starts to buy things? Target had some things on sale and I wondered whether it was too early.

Thank you for everyone for your support with telling my friend. I am waiting on results and I answered and she asked if me if I was ok. So I let it all out and told her in the process. She was so nice and happy. I am lucky to be friends with her.

Seems like a long time until the next scan. Anyone having their morph scans now?
I've bought another pram but apart from that don't really need anything as this is baby #2.  First time around I didn't buy anything until after our 20 week scan. In fact we drove straight to the baby shop after our scan ;)
I'm 18w3d today and have my morph scan in 2 weeks :)

View PostMummyof2beauties, on 27 June 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Is everyone using the other website to keep in touch? I haven't added to that yet ...
Yep there's 28 of us in a small group if you'd like to be added just send me a message :)

#5 Oh Penny!

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

I haven't really bought much yet, not really sure where to start! Keeping my eye out on the buy swap sell etc for bargains and luckily my boss has a load of baby stuff she wants to pass on. Once we know what she has we'll probably start making a list and getting organised. The only thing I've bought so far is one of those baby carrier sling/wrap things as I saw it for a bargain price!
16 weeks today so I figure plenty of time :)

#6 blueskies12

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

I don't need to buy much either as we have most from my DS. I would like another carrier though and am also thinking of a double pram (but DS will be 2.5, so not sure if it will be worth it)...and a bouncer. I think I might wait until 20 weeks too. Good thinking.

Mummyof2beauties that's exciting you are finding out. I don't think we will, though I am tempted.

Though I'd have to keep it a secret from family/friends. The amount of comments of- oh we hope it is a girl for you- is rediculous and a little annoying. A lovely little boy would also be as exciting!

#7 LittleLoves3

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

Blue skies - oh I know - the amount of "I bet you want a boy" is painful!! No I want a healthy baby - that's all. I would be happy either way. Yes it would be lovely for a little boy especially given the larger age gap between this one and our girls but would I be disappointed for a girl? No I wouldn't! :)

We had another bleed scare last week - I feel like I can't get too comfortable with being pregnant ... just hoping the next few weeks go ok. We still haven't made it super public that we are expecting - although it is getting hard for me to hide and I can't be bothered trying anymore. A week and a half for the OB appointment then 3.5 weeks for our scan at 19 weeks...

#8 Sprinkless

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Hi ladies

I'm new, 27 YO and my EDD is 30/12/17.
I m now 14w6d
This will be my first and it's going to be a boy!
It's been a difficult road for hubs and I, and it will be a massive challenge when he's born as my husband is a quadriplegic.

Looking forward to hearig how you ladies progress :)

#9 blueskies12

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

Sprinkless, how wonderful you can join us. I think it's most active on the other social media website.

You have been through a lot by the sounds of things and your little one will bring so much joy to you and your husband. We have a 2 year old DS and it is wonderful.

#10 Lost4eva

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:13 AM

Hi everyone
I'm 17 weeks with my first and due on 27th December
I'm looking to connect with other ladies due around the same time who I can chat with.
Currently pregnancy is going well and I have my 20 week scan in a few weeks - can't wait to find out what we are having. I have this weird feeling it's a boy but 50/50 chance huh lol 😂

#11 LittleLoves3

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hi and welcome :)

I think most of the chat is on the social media page but I haven't joined that one yet ...

Congrats! I am due 22nd Dec so about the same. - having my next scan next Friday - hoping everything is ok with bubs then excited to find out what we are having!

How have you been feeling?

#12 Lost4eva

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Thank you - hopefully i can join that group soon!

My next scan is on 4 August! Cant wait.

Hope everything goes well at your scan next friday.

Ive been very lucky in my pregnancy that I only had morning sickness for about 4 weeks (until i was 9 weeks preg)

I just get tired really easily these days and sometimes have shortness of breath at night.

I was diagnosed with GD at 9 weeks - but it is fine. Testing every second day. I was only just on the boarderline at 5.1.

Hope you are well too and enjoying your pregnancy. IS this your first?

#13 blueskies12

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Welcome Lost4eva.

I am 18 weeks and looking forward to the next scan as well. Though I think we are having a surprise. I am sure it will be super tempting for me though.

#14 LittleLoves3

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Hi no it's my third :) But there is a bigger age gap between this one and our second so I feel all new all over again.

My girls are 7 and the other will be 5 when the baby is born. They are so excited.
Thinking we will have another girl but who knows - as long as everything is ok with bubs we honestly don't mind. Our eldest wants a boy and our youngest a girl so one will get what they want ;)

I had a tough start - lots of unexplained bleeding - the last being about 3 weeks ago. Sick until about 13/14 weeks. Just wanting everything to go smoothly now!

We have decided on a pram, capsule, and basinett so we are mainly done for what we need before bubs arrives. Just pay off the laybys now haha.

Have you done any shopping?

#15 Oh Penny!

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Welcome Lost4Eva
First bub for me too, I'm a week or so ahead of you just past 18 weeks now. In the group we've had varying amounts of morning sickness but seems most of us are starting to feel more human now.
It's exciting to hear about / see everyone's 20 week scans. Mine is booked for next Wednesday, but we want to keep the gender a surprise if possible.
I guess we'll all be doing plenty of shopping pretty soon!

#16 gmcas2

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

hi,

i am turning 30 next week and my little boy is due 20th of December 17, i would really like to join the other group also if at all possible?

Im currently 20wk, this is my 7th pregnancy and an IVF PGD baby :)  -  I'm counting down the days to viability being the infamous 24wk mark.

Would love to give and gain support during this time

G

#17 Matty's Mum

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Hi everyone,
I thought it was time I step out from the shadows and join you all.
I am currently expecting baby #2 EDD 28th Dec but due to complications when DS was born 6 years ago we're going for an elective cesarean a few days before Christmas.. not entirely sure how I feel about this yet but if its in our best interests I suppose that's all there is to it.
20 week scan is tomorrow, cannot wait! All is going well so far, morning sickness was dreadful but is thankfully long gone, I was a bit concerned at the discovery of Anti E in my bloods but regular blood tests are showing that the level is very low and looks to be staying that way. The worst of it so far is this horrible pelvic and back pain which I don't remember having this early on last time but at least its manageable
xx
MM

#18 Oh Penny!

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

Welcome gmcas2 and Matty's Mum!
Lovely to have more expectant mummies to share the journey with :)

#19 futuremom

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

HHi all, due 12/12 no.2

#20 blueskies12

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

Welcome futuremom, how has your pregnancy been? Congratulations. Not long for us all now. I’m still working (part time) and am getting over it. It’s my second too. It’s measuring bigger than my first!! Bit nervous about that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.