Due in March #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

Welcome and congrats ladies, enjoy this wonderful journey  :)

#2 10YearsLater

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Yay! Thanks Sandra!

Tentatively here. Got my BFP today but won't be too excited until I see the lines get darker over the next week. Last month's CP really threw me :(

Hoping for a sticky this time.

Due March 15. Hope I have some friends to join me soon.

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 05 July 2017 - 12:09 AM.

#3 Hummingbird82

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Congratulations again 9 years! I had to say I think it's a great sign your due date is March 15th! That's my son's birthday :-)

#4 10YearsLater

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

View PostLucyloo1982, on 04 July 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Congratulations again 9 years! I had to say I think it's a great sign your due date is March 15th! That's my son's birthday :-)

Great sign!

#5 HKT2017

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

Edited by HKT2017, 09 July 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#6 10YearsLater

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostHKT2017, on 04 July 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Woohoo, I've beeen waiting for this group to start!

Apprehensively joining the group despite my eagerness for it to open! This is our third shot at baby # 2 after a mmc in Feb 2016 @ 10 weeks and losing our precious boy @ 17.5 weeks in Feb 2017. Third time lucky right?

Due March 9th. Fingers crossed for sticky babies for us all x

Oh my goodness. You've had more than you fair share of pain and loss! 😢

Everything crossed this is your rainbow!

#7 HKT2017

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

View Post~9YearsLater, on 04 July 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Oh my goodness. You've had more than you fair share of pain and loss! ������

Everything crossed this is your rainbow!

Thanks! I'm hoping so! We've certainly been through a lot and are hoping for our rainbow baby :)

Edited by HKT2017, 04 July 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#8 la di dah

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

We were using ovulation kits this time. Due March 4th according to the Huggies site (and I know the dates etc) but I haven't been to the GP yet.  

Strong BFPs, significant symptoms, but I've never been so happy to be nauseated in my life!

#9 10YearsLater

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

It's funny, I feel like I've come full circle with you in this group la di dah. I've 'known' you as a poster since you came on these boards. You and your husband have always posted some amazing, intelligent perspectives. I joined in 2008 when I was pregnant with my first and went quiet for many years but I've always lurked on EB because I'm in awe and the number of really intelligent, strong characters on here.

So happy you've got your BFP after the troubles you described! Hope that means your pregnancy will be trouble free. How's your husband feeling about it?

#10 la di dah

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

I'm really touched by that, 9Years. This board has meant so much to me. Finding my own connections with other Australian women. Such an important thing to me. I always wondered if I seemed a bit sad (especially noting the post-count, lol) to be so invested without kids, but I'm delighted to be experiencing the actual pregnancy side of the site. I remember you from back when. Can't believe I've been on this site so many years actually - today's my 7th year anniversary of arriving in Oz!

View Post~9YearsLater, on 05 July 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

So happy you've got your BFP after the troubles you described! Hope that means your pregnancy will be trouble free. How's your husband feeling about it?

He is really happy but in a slightly dazed way. He teared up telling his mum and stepdad. (And it was a big moment for him to tell his stepdad, who he has always admired but never called Dad, that he will not be [name] to the baby, he will be Pop) and he keeps going 'this is extremely surreal, you know that right?'

#11 Sandra

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Can I interlope and say March 15th is a good birthdate  only because it is mine too  :)

#12 kee

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

I'm sticking my toes in this group too ... got a BFP 2 days ago. Right on 4 weeks so I'm 4 weeks, 2 days today. Due either 11th or 12th March according to the online calculators.

For those who don't know me (or don't remember as I've been AWOL for quite some time), I did a decade of IVF with the now ex husband before it killed our marriage and I gave up on ever having children. I am now engaged to the love of my life - and my crush from when I was 17 years old! - and we got miraculously pregnant naturally last year only to lose that bub at 7 weeks. My due date was June 29th so I spent all last month feeling miserable but apparently at some point I was happy enough to get it on and BAM! seems a rainbow baby is now making itself at home.

H2B and I refuse to tell anyone this time, we only caved and told my mother who lives with us last time as she was stressing me out and I needed her to understand why I wanted some calmness around me. That led to telling my bestie and my sister so my Mum didn't accidentally let it slip. The only time we told everyone else was when we'd lost it and needed some alone time. It was such a rollercoaster with every second day being doctors results saying things were looking bad and then a sign things were all ok and then it was bad and then it was confirmed as all good and then I miscarried. We're hoping for smooth sailing this time but not getting our hopes up until we pass the point we made it to last time.

I seem to be some sort of over-sensitive little flower, both times I felt cramping from a few days before my period was due and that seems to be the first signs for me. I still have it now and welcome it if it means the little one is getting itself nice and comfy in there. Last time I was ravenously hungry from day one and this time I really can't be bothered eating. I'm not feeling sick, just not interested in food at all. That could be fear and stress though which I am trying to keep at bay.

I'm going overseas to get married in October and if all goes well I'll be 18 weeks when we leave. No idea what I am now going to do about my dream dress as it's a boned corset and likely to not fit by then but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say hi since I can't talk about this in real life to anyone. I think it will help ease the stress to be able to talk in here. If anyone happens to see this who knows me in real life ... shhhhh!

Oh and I cannot explain how happy I am to see you in here la di dah! I remember you from a long time ago and wish you all the best - so glad we can take this journey together!

#13 10YearsLater

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

La di dah, I'm so glad you get to experience EB in its totality. You've contributed so much over the years to other areas so it'll be nice to hear your journey through pregnancy and into babydom. This baby is my DH's first and he's also dazed. H never thought he'd be a dad. When we got together 5 years ago I told him I wasn't having another child and he married me anyway. A couple of years ago I decided I'd like another, more for him than me. He was ok either way but now seeing him since I've been pregnant, I know it was the right choice.

Sandra, I think it's a good omen then! 15 March seems to be a winner!

huge welcome Kee. Your story brings me happiness (with a little sadness from what you've had to go through). Wishing you a very boring pregnancy. Can't wait to watch it all unfold.

I'm feeling excited today. A darker line on a FRER and a 'pregnant 1-2' of a CB digital which came up negative last month despite positive FRERS. It's a good sign.

Kee I also get mild cramping but know it's normal. It's nowhere near as severe as my usual pre-AF cramps. I've also go round ligament pain (first time I've ever felt it in my life!) and mild but persistent nausea. So early!

Booked with my GP for next wed. Think I'll book my dating scan at 7+ weeks on 31 July and I'm going public this time due to a fabulous new public facility with marvellous birthing suites and single rooms.

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 06 July 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#14 10YearsLater

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

JustMarried! I hope you find your way in here.

Have my first GP appointment booked for next wed afternoon. I'll be asking for:
Bloods for iron levels (I won't get the Dr to monitor HCG as it makes no difference to the outcome). I had all other prenatal bloods done end of last year.
Referral for dating scan. I'm pretty sure of my dates but want to check to be certain.
Pathology form for Harmony test to be done at 10 weeks.
Referral to local hospital for midwife care. I hope to access midwife group care and I know they book out super early so will get onto it straight away! I went private last time but more than happy to go public this time.

When does everyone else have their first GP appointment?

#15 HKT2017

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

Edited by HKT2017, 09 July 2017 - 07:48 AM.

#16 JustMarried!

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

Thanks 9years for pointing me here. As it was only my second month trying I'm a bit shocked to be here. Just hope my lines get darker as I've read a lot of first pregnancies end in chemical pregnancies. I'm going to book into a gp next week some time. Had a really sore lower back last night needed to use a heatpack. Is Panadol ok to take?

I think we will be going public as well and looking into midwife group care too. Even if this is a cp which i hope it's not we would have done more research into the whole process for when it does happen.

I think I'm due March 12th right in the middle of my husband's cricket finals if his team make them lol.

What cities ate you guys from?

#17 123Babies4Me

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hi everyone! I'm expecting #5 on March 3, which was two days before no 4's due date in 2016 (she was a week late though!). Not planned, but we weren't being careful. I thought no 4 would be my last, but it looks like this one will be! I generally do pregnancy well, and don't really get morning sickness, although I have felt queasy sometimes. I have lost one baby due to missed miscarriage in 2011, so that is playing on my mind.
Looking forward to getting to know you all 😊

#18 kee

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome ladies :)

JustMarried: I'm in Adelaide. Absolutely freezing my you know what off here today but having the office heater on is making me feel yuk.

9YearsLater: I haven't even given seeing my doctor a thought yet. She was so over the moon when I told her I'd conceived naturally last time that she did a happy dance in her office. And then she cried right along side me when I lost it. This time I think my fiance and I are taking the "head in the sand" approach for a while until we have wrapped our minds around this. I started bleeding at 5 weeks with the previous pregnancy and took til 7 weeks to actually miscarry during which time I had an ultrasound where there was no heartbeat detected and we thought it was all over and then had a follow up ultrasound where we were told baby had grown and my HCG had gone up correctly so it was ok, just couldn't see the heartbeat as it was so early and then I lost it. I don't want the up and down of emotions this time so I think for the moment, the less we know the better. When I sent H2B a photo of the positive test we both didn't really have an overwhelmingly happy response, just that we have to be cautious and not tell anyone and take one day at a time. It was only last night that he actually rubbed my stomach as we watched tv. Trying to not get attached is impossible but at least this time so far we are the only ones who know and can choose to acknowledge it when we are strong enough to and just live normally when we feel too scared to mention it. When I get past 7 weeks I'll breathe a little but I feel very protective of this experience so far and not willing to share it with anyone in real life - just you lovely ladies as we go through this together. I don't even know how ready I'll feel to share the news at 12 weeks. After a decade of infertility, a lot of my friends who now have multiple children each really distance my out of their lives and it has hurt me for a great number of years and I think I'm not as willing to share my happiness with people who so harshly excluded me from sharing theirs like I wasn't capable of being happy for them. Does that sound unreasonable? Who knows, once I know bub is strong and healthy, maybe I won't be able to shut up about it.

I have to say, I keep thinking about the first ultrasound though. I had 3 before my loss and not once would the ultrasound tech show me the screen and when the doctor had my results she didn't show me the images emailed to her either. I have no pictures of that baby and will be over the moon this time to see the fetal pole when the time comes.

Is it just me or is every single minute absolutely dragging?

How's everyone's symptoms? I still have the cramping but just mild and it's almost comforting because it tells me something is there. What is killing me today though is the heartburn. My god, all I do every few minutes is hiccup/burp acid. I've never been one to get this so is it pregnancy related? I have almost zero appetite whereas last time I was starving from the very beginning and I really don't know how to deal with the reflux. It's awful!

#19 123Babies4Me

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

I've just gone through and read the thread, wow I am so excited for all of you ladies 😊  I'm an active member in my due in March 2016 EB thread and keep in touch with my TTC while BF EB ladies from 2012 as well! Although I haven't been an active member on the general forums for awhile.

Kee, I've had some discharge and some cramping/round ligament pains, as well as a bit of light queasiness. I've had these symptoms before with pregnancy so that's comforting, although there's not been heaps so it's easy to still worry. I've had dating scans with my other pregnancies (this was how my mmc was discovered, so I really like to have them to make sure everything is going ok) so I will do the same this time - although I'm not sure when to do it as DH will be away for the week I would plan to do it (week 8), I don't want to be too early and worry unneccessarily, but I really don't want to do it when he's away in case there's bad news. I might have to wait until he gets back.

#20 123Babies4Me

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Just one last thing. I have an app called BabyName on my phone. You swipe left or right on the names depending on whether you like them or not. If your partner also gets the app you can link your accounts, and it will let you know if you get a match 😊 Dh and I always struggle with names so I'm hoping it might help 😊

#21 fifi76

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

Hi everyone, I'm a total newbie to both EB and this forum. I'm pregnant with my first and due on 2nd March. Terrified, excited, naseous, always tired and I check my toilet paper way too often for my liking! My boyfriend and I have been trying for over 18 months, but nothing happened so once I hit 40 we went with IVF and so far so good its worked and  I'll be six weeks tomorrow!!
Being 40 though, miscarriage plays on my mind so I'm doing my best to make sure I'm eating the right things and staying relaxed as I possibly can.
Congratulations to all of you in this boat, may it be a very very fun and exciting journey! xx

#22 JustMarried!

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

I don't really have any symptoms at the moment apart from my back pain and wierd pain up my higher back. I also had some weird heartburn last night. I keep checking for blood when I woke too. I'm only a day late for af so I keep thinking it's going to still come because of this pre af back pain in getting.

Yeh Kee I feel like it's dragging so much. I don't know when to go to gp as I'm going to Brisbane next Friday and my sister wants to go to movie world and I'm assuming if I'm pregnant I won't be able to go on the roller coasters and I'll have to tell her why when I'm not far enough along to want to tell anyone.

#23 10YearsLater

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Kee... it must be such a mixed bag of emotions. I definitely get the self preservation side of things. There are an awful lot already in here hoping for their rainbow but two really sad stories with you and HKT

I have nausea! At only 4 weeks. It's crazy. I didn't have much ms with dd so to get nausea so early makes me a bit nervous about what's to come. I got bad reflux last time and lived off quikeze. Otherwise, round ligament pain and burping/farting (not so bad today though). Massive, very sore boobs. Falling asleep really early but waking up really early. Woke up this morning with loads of energy and was running at 5:30 but now I just want to crawl into bed! Must be work making me tired 😂

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 06 July 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#24 DanielleSupa

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Hi everyone :)

Tentatively booking in as well! (Hi 9 Years Later! So happy to see you here too!). I also had a miscarriage last month so had to bow out of the February DIG. I can't believe it - I am only 10DPO and got my BFP today. I am surprised I am so fertile for only having one fallopian tube! haha. Praying this is it! It's been a long road to get here, so i'm thrilled to see those two lines today.

#25 10YearsLater

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

Oh yah Danielle! That's awesome. So happy to see you ❤

I wanted to post a photo of my tests getting darker each day, something I didn't have the pleasure of seeing last month. It's making my giddy with excitement. For some reason there's not attach file option in this thread. Anyone else have this issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.