Due in March #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#101 ItIsComplicated

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Oh also for those suffering nausea, sip ginger tea. Does wonders. Also great for coffee drinkers to replace their coffee with.

Ordered a cb digital to have a look at what weeks it comes up. Wondering  wether to call gp to see if bloods are back or wait till app next week.

#102 kee

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

I am totally stuffed then, for my entire life ginger has made me vomit so there's no way any of that stuff will help me. I was given ginger tablets to take on my first cruise and I was sick as a dog the whole time ... worked out it was the tablets and now I've done 11 cruises with no motion sickness meds and turns out I don't even get seasick. Worried about this though now as I couldn't even stand being in the car yesterday as it was making me want to throw up. Hopefully that's not something that develops further as I need to be in my car every day of the week. And of course have 4 flights in October.

#103 ItIsComplicated

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

View Postkee, on 10 July 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

I am totally stuffed then, for my entire life ginger has made me vomit so there's no way any of that stuff will help me. I was given ginger tablets to take on my first cruise and I was sick as a dog the whole time ... worked out it was the tablets and now I've done 11 cruises with no motion sickness meds and turns out I don't even get seasick. Worried about this though now as I couldn't even stand being in the car yesterday as it was making me want to throw up. Hopefully that's not something that develops further as I need to be in my car every day of the week. And of course have 4 flights in October.

Ask the dr for some maxalon if you have no luck with anything else.

#104 10YearsLater

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Glad the fruit tingles work. The light headedness could be low blood sugar hence why fruit tingles make you feel better. If you're not eating much your blood sugar will be getting low. In the first trimester, our blood sugar is far more susceptible to going low.

Definitely see the Dr if the nausea is really bad.

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 10 July 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#105 newlywedandready

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hi ladies,

I'll be leaving this forum as I've just got home from the hospital after having surgery for my ectopic pregnancy. :(

Good luck to you all and fx for healthy babies. xx

#106 10YearsLater

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

View Postnewlywedandready, on 10 July 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Hi ladies,

I'll be leaving this forum as I've just got home from the hospital after having surgery for my ectopic pregnancy. :(

Oh I'm so sorry to hear newlywedandready.  Can I ask what were your symptoms? Did you need to get a tube removed? Take care of yourself. Much love xx

#107 HKT2017

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

View Postnewlywedandready, on 10 July 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Hi ladies,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself and j hope you recover quickly x

#108 JustMarried!

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'm sorry newlywedandready hope your ok :)

#109 ItIsComplicated

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

OH no so sorry to hear. Big hugs look after yourself x

#110 6yearsbetween

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

I'm so sorry newlwedandready. In my thoughts. Xo

#111 kee

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

newlywedandready: So sorry to hear this hun, take care of yourself and give yourself time to process this. Sending love to you <3

#112 pem

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

Hi All, popping in here to say hi. I found out a week ago I'm pg with #3. It is definitely a surprise for us as both our boys (7 & 4) were conceived with IVF. I've had bloods to confirm and booking a dating scan for next week. Waiting for something a bit more concrete until we tell the boys. I feel in a bit of a daze at the moment but look fwd to sharing this journey with you all 😊

I'm sorry newlywedandready 😥

#113 10YearsLater

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

So to get to know each other better, I thought I'd do 3 questions:

Where are you living?
How many kids?
What do you do?

I live on the Sunshine Coast.
I have a 9 year old DD but this baby is my husband's first
I do a PhD 3 days a week and I'm a dietitian at a tertiary hospital 2 days a week. I also do some private nutrition workshop stuff with kids on the side for the love of it.

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 10 July 2017 - 05:24 PM.

#114 123Babies4Me

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

I'm so sorry newlywed xxx

View Post~9YearsLater, on 10 July 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Where are you living?
How many kids?
What do you do?

I live on the Sunshine Coast.
I have a 9 year old DD but this baby is my husband's first
I do a PhD 3 days a week and I'm a dietitian at a tertiary hospital 2 days a week. I also do some private nutrition workshop stuff with kids on the side for the love of it.

At the moment we're living in south west Sydney but this will probably change soon as DH has lost his job 😔
I have 4 kids, 1 boy 7.5yo and 3 girls, 5, 3.5 and 16 months.
I've been a full time mummy ever since my eldest was born 😊

Nothing like the doctor leaving two voicemails for me this afternoon to make me feel nervous! I have an appt for Weds 10.45. Hopefully it's just a routine follow up from my bloods? 🤞

#115 Firstimemumma46

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

So sorry to hear newlywedandready 😔 hope you're doing ok.

9yearslater- im in melbourne, this is my first pregnancy (was only married 2 weeks ago). I run a doggydaycare in Melbourne, we only opened up a few months ago and are just staring to get busy so i need to start looking for someone to work for me as this sleepyness is kicking my ass!! Will be going for 2nd blood test tomorrow as have been in Sydney since sat morning but feeling pretty pregnant atm lol

#116 pem

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

I live in Perth
I have 2 boys - 7 & 4
I've been a SAHM since pg with my first but I've recently joined skincare company Rodan and Fields to give myself a new interest and hopefully some $ - I wasn't expecting to have a third child doing it lol

Edited by pem, 10 July 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#117 mamma bear

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

I'm in Townsville (moved from Adelaide this year)

I have 3 boys; 9, 5 and 2.5

Previously a Manager of an RTO, but have decided to change career and I am enrolled Full Time for my Bachelor of Social Work. Hopefully I can manage!

#118 ItIsComplicated

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

I live rural (south east nsw)

1 daughter who is 14momths

I was a banker but left and moved back to home town when trying for DD. Now I work for our family contracting company. Studying diploma of Makeup Artistry.

Edited by ItIsComplicated, 10 July 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#119 JustMarried!

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

Hi guys I'm from Melbourne
This will be our first (married 3 months ago)
I'm a teacher so will see out the year and probably won't continue working next year being due in March

Got blood test results back looking all good atm. She didn't say I needed a follow up bloods but will have my dating scan in 2-3 weeks time

#120 kee

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

I live in Adelaide.

I'm a selections manager for a building company during the week and a kids jumpy castle installer and supervisor on weekends.

I don't have any kids yet, this will be my first if all goes well. This will be child #4 for my fiance but his ex girlfriend stopped letting him see his kids once he and I got together even though she has a boyfriend who is always around the kids. We've been fighting it but she never turns up to mediation and our $$ seem to be going down a bottomless pit wothout getting us anywhere. For the moment we're just paying extra child support to keep the kids well looked after rather than keep paying for lawyers who run us in useless circles.

#121 la di dah

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

newlywedandready: I am so sorry.

View Post~9YearsLater, on 10 July 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Where are you living?
How many kids?
What do you do?

South West Sydney. We have a three year plan and then are thinking of moving to Tasmania.
This would be our first.
Admin, billing, you know, the sexy stuff. Was feeling my way out to starting up a small business as a way out of the treadmill.

Don't get my blood test results until Wednesday. Don't get the first ultrasound until next week. Rather nervous.

#122 ItIsComplicated

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

I made a due dates thread :)

#123 la di dah

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

I know my bloodtests were at the GP as of noon today but I can't get an appointment until Wednesday. They would surely call me if something was terribly wrong though right?

#124 JustMarried!

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

La di dah yeh you would think they would tell you to come ikn straight away if something was wrong. I'm lucky because I'm on holidays at the moment and my doctors have lots of available appointment. They called at noon today and just said it was a curtisy call telling me my results were in but the doctor I had last time was sick and I said can I make an appointment with someone else today. The receptionist seemed shocked that I was in such a rush to come in. I had to wake up all weekend so I was freaking out. But everything all good with me. So I assume there is nothing seriously wrong. Sorry for the long answer.

#125 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:18 PM

Hi everyone

Just popping in to say hello. Got my BFP yesterday at 14dpo so that puts me at 4 weeks, due around the 18th March, although I'll have a section so will probably end up early March sometime.

Quite the shock as I had tested at 9dpo and 11dpo and got BFN's (although I've since dug out the 11dpo test and seen it does have a faint line!) weve been trying for 10 months now, had the craziest of cycle, I'm normally a regular 26 day kind of girl, but this one went for 52 days! We thought we'd missed ovulation as I'd had my temp shift and we only BD the once a day later.

I've also got myself booked in for a second u/s in a couple of weeks to check on the growth of some cysts on my ovary, guess I won't need that anymore!

We've just sold our house and move in two weeks - we haven't managed to find anywhere else to buy yet and haven't sorted anywhere other than a few nights in a hotel.... so that's going to take over my thinking for the next few weeks I think!

Where are you living?
Perth

How many kids?
One DS who is 2 next week

What do you do?
I work 4 days a week in a governance role in the City. Would love a career change one day!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.