Due in March #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#76 JustMarried!

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

That's crazy Kee. I think when I go back to work Monday to Friday with kids is going to kill me but your so much busier than me. Does anyone else have to pee a lot already? Sorry for inappropriate question but I've gone like 5 times today and haven't drank that much lol. Also my sense of smell is already so strong. I'm at the football and the fire that no one else seems to smell is making me feel sick.

#77 la di dah

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

I don't have to pee more than you would think, it's just I am SO THIRSTY.

Smells hit me occasionally but its motion sickness that makes me most nauseated and I'm not usually bad for motion sickness.

Edited by la di dah, 08 July 2017 - 03:57 PM.

#78 10YearsLater

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

My sense of smell is crazy! Walking through the local shopping centre today and I could smell every meal every single cafe was making. Some made me feel sick.

Definitely thirsty and craving salt. Hello increased blood volume!

Edited by ~9YearsLater, 08 July 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#79 JustMarried!

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

OMG yeh most smells I'm not a fan of. I'm craving savoury foods at the moment. But I also really want fruit tingle ice cream from Woolworths. 9years you made me think of it when yo u mentioned fruit tingle earlier. I just don't want it to make we feel sick.

Going to dinner tonight for indian but im not going to eat as it will make me feel sick and I've read not to eat spicy food. Not sure what to tell my friebds about why im not eating haha.

#80 ItIsComplicated

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

I started a topic for dos and donts 😊.

Is there anyone else who is breastfeeding? I am absolutely wrecked! Dr suggested taking vitD as well as continuing blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding.

#81 YoumeandbabyB

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

Hi ladies popping in to say hi. Currently 5w4d had dating scan on Fri and everything looking ok but back again in 2 or so weeks when everything is bigger to see as she only did an external. Due 7th Mar. This will be my 2nd (son is 7 tomorrow) but husbands 1st. We were very lucky to fall first month of somewhat trying. Nausea kicking my butt hardcore atm though.

Hope to get to know you all well over next few months. I still regularly in contact with my sons DIG from here

#82 JustMarried!

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hi youmeandbabyB nice to meet you. Looking forward to getting to know you to. I have only still made a tentative booking until my blood test results in the next few days. And hopefully a dating scan too even though I think I know my dates :) just hoping it's a sticky for me since it's my first:)

#83 123Babies4Me

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Hi ladies, I'm just wondering who has booked a dating scan or is planning to and how many weeks will you be when you have it?

#84 ItIsComplicated

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Welcome :)

Will book dating scan and genestye test for 7 weeks I think. Last time they did dating scan at 5 and it was too early, had it redone at 6+3 and it was fine :).

#85 YoumeandbabyB

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

My dating was 5w2d. If she had done an internal she would have seen a pole etc (was same gestation with son ans internal) but she choose external and just saw sac. Im going back for another around 7-8 weeks. Ill probably be scanned more this time then last and monitored more as Ive had lap band and struggle with food intake/can't let myself vomit too much.

My sense smell insane. My work i deal with varied people daily with personal hygiene not being a priority for some and chain smokers and omg so gross

#86 10YearsLater

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostYoumeandbabyB, on 09 July 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Hi ladies popping in to say hi. Currently 5w4d had dating scan on Fri and everything looking ok but back again in 2 or so weeks when everything is bigger to see as she only did an external. Due 7th Mar. This will be my 2nd (son is 7 tomorrow) but husbands 1st. We were very lucky to fall first month of somewhat trying. Nausea kicking my butt hardcore atm though.

Hope to get to know you all well over next few months. I still regularly in contact with my sons DIG from here

Similar story! This is my second but my husband's first and my daughter is 9, today!

Great to have you in here.

I'm 4+1 weeks today. Nausea mild but persistent but exhaustion high. Early days yet. I expect it to all get worse before it gets better.

#87 JustMarried!

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Hi ladies, can you get dating scan and genestye done at the same time? I really have no idea what I'm doing and I'm worried the gp I went to on Friday has no idea. Could I get my blood results off her and then find another doctor at the same clinic or is that rude? Haha

#88 ItIsComplicated

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

View PostJustMarried!, on 09 July 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Hi ladies, can you get dating scan and genestye done at the same time? I really have no idea what I'm doing and I'm worried the gp I went to on Friday has no idea. Could I get my blood results off her and then find another doctor at the same clinic or is that rude? Haha

Genestye is a blood test, I'm pretty sure I had mine done at 7 weeks but I'll have a look in my book. dating scans are best around the 7-8 week mark as lots of places will only do an external unless you request internal

#89 ItIsComplicated

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

On their website  it's been changed to 10 weeks my last one was at 7 results back at 8 weeks. A few friends had had it recently I'll check when they had theirs.

Edited by ItIsComplicated, 09 July 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#90 JustMarried!

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Ok so another blood test at 10 weeks and a dating scan at 7 or 8 weeks. I need to get all the week scans and tests from my doctor as I feel like I have no idea. Even though I've done so much reading already.

#91 ItIsComplicated

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostJustMarried!, on 09 July 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Ok so another blood test at 10 weeks and a dating scan at 7 or 8 weeks. I need to get all the week scans and tests from my doctor as I feel like I have no idea. Even though I've done so much reading already.

You can either have the genestye or harmony. Genestye is the Genea one( they have a website) and yep ask for dating scan referral around 7/8 weeks.

#92 JustMarried!

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Yeh I was reading about both of these yesterday. I just didn't want to do to much research yet since I haven't received my blood results. Even though my pregnancy tests are getting darker I just can't feel to confident yet for some reason. I think it's because its my first pregnancy on only the second month trying.

#93 6yearsbetween

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Hi everyone.
New to this group. Lovely reading everyone's stories. Sorry to hear about the struggles some of you have had. Got my BFP last Tuesday with bloods confirming Friday. Having repeat bloods tomorrow to make sure progressing ok.
Cutting a long story short - I had ivf for my first daughter who is now just over 6 years old. I have been battling hashimotos for about 10 years. I had "unexplained infertility". When I finally fell pregnant with my first, the pregnancy was terrible - I was diagnosed with severely low cortisol levels which ended up being the reason I felt like death on two feet. Luckily with cortisol replacement the second half of pregnancy went great.
Due to all the complications and cost of ivf, we decided one child was enough for us.
Early 2016, I started researching my thyroid disorder more and looking at complimentary treatments. Started seeing a great interstated gp and naturopath. Miraculously in dec 2016 after not ever having cycles unless endured with fertility drugs, my period returned and also clear symptoms of ovulation.
The catch, my cycle was about 8 weeks long. After the 3rd cycyle hubby and I discussed the possibility of trtingnfor another child and decided to let Mother Nature take her course. Low and behold, first month of trying and bingo!!! I'm a little nervous as imagined but remaining positive. Have done 4 tests since last Tuesday with each getting darker. Because my LMP was 24th April, I think I'll need to subtract two weeks from ovulation which was about 19/20th June. Looking forward to sharing your journeys!!

#94 123Babies4Me

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

6yearsbetween, welcome! Wow, what an amazing story! We also have a history of thyroid problems in my family, thankfully at this stage I haven't had any. I really hope for a smooth 9 months for you 👍

#95 mamma bear

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

Hi all!
Great to see so many people here!
I am expecting baby number #4.
EDD: March 15
I have 3 boys, 9, 5 and 2. We recently moved interstate far away from my entire family network.
This will be my first pregnancy since my Mum passed away 18 months ago, and I'm already feeling emotional about that.

Hope everyone has a great week. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Edited by mamma bear, 09 July 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#96 10YearsLater

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Ugh nausea big time today and I feel like a head cold is on its way!

Also had some extremely light brown discharge yesterday afternoon and today. I know it can be completely normal but after last month it's got me a little on edge. At least my CP started with bright red, very heavy bleeding so I know it's different. Just hoping it stays as nothing.

#97 kee

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Welcome to the newbies, nice to see this group getting busy already!

I ended up flat out all weekend with work (and am back at the M-F job now) so I have just had a catch up read.

Over the weekend I had the heartburn/reflux I'm starting to just assume is now a normal thing and the constant slightly swimmy head seems permanent too. It's still here now as well. I'm struggling with still not having much of an appetite but then suddenly being starving and then feeling full and heavy and nauseated as soon as I've eaten. Knowing how I'll feel after I've eaten is putting me off of eating at all which I know is not something I can allow and I need to continue to force myself to eat.

Whoever it was who mentioned Fruit Tingles though - THANKYOU! I got some on the weekend and they actually help the head spins a little. I'm sucking on one right now and I think I'll be doing so for the rest of today.

I just had a schedule change for my flights to the wedding in October, starting to think about the longer-term if this pregnancy sticks and getting to Hawaii when I'll be just over 18 weeks. Obviously right now I have no idea how I will be going with this pregnancy but I hope to god it's smooth sailing so I can get to smooth flying!

5 weeks today and I am starting to think it's time to get to the doctors. I began bleeding with my first pregnancy on the day of 6 weeks and miscarried at 6w 5d so this feels like the lead up to D-day for me. I'm battling to not think anything negative and accept that every pregnancy is different. The comfort comes from my symptoms being so much stronger this time than they were at this point last time and I think I am starting to like the idea of getting bloods done to compare HCG levels and how quick it's doubling compared to last time. I think I'll ring my GP today for an appointment tomorrow.

Hope you all have a lovely Monday ladies :)

#98 JustMarried!

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Kee I felt like that a few days ago I didn't want to eat because I felt sick after I ate. But I'm still bloated now but am eating more. Feeling a bit nauseous when I eat though. Haven't heard from the doctors yet with blood tests. The weekend has probably thrown it all off. Probably should have waited until Monday so it wasn't delayed. Back pain has been getting better, last night was the first night I didn't wake up with back pain bad enough to need to walk around. Just did a clearlblue digi and got pregnant 2-3 weeks which I'm happy with since it's gone up from 1-2 weeks 5 days ago. I think I'm 5 weeks today too. But due to only having one period since coming off the pill i don't really know. I may oknly be 4 weeks 5 days

#99 kee

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

I might throw down some cash and try a digital one too just to see what number of weeks it comes up with as I was always low on the scale for HCG last time and was off to a rocky start with that pregnancy from day 1. Would be interesting to see if it comes up with a result close to what I am.

I need to eat breakfast but all I can manage is another Fruit Tingle. I was dieting prior to getting pregnant in readyness for my wedding and had lost 9kgs - was hoping for another few kgs but scrapped that idea as soon as I had a positive pregnancy test however if this lack of appetite keeps up, I may lose those kgs anyway!

#100 JustMarried!

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

Yeh I had a 2 pack took one the first day I got a bfp and then one today. I think 2-3 is accurate for me as I may only be 4wk5days or 5weeks exactly today. So that would make sense with my numbers and not having 3+ weeks. It also wasn't fmu as I had to go at like 6am and was to tired to test then haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.