Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

New thread time lovely ladies  :)

#2 10YearsLater

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

Gold 😊

#3 kee

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

Silver :)

Just got to work after my follow up blood test, the pathology place was open earlier than the doctors office so I'll have to call today to make an appointment time tomorrow to get the results. Nervous but feeling yuk so I know bub is still in there giving me a hard time. Never been so happy to feel awful in my whole life!

I told my best friend and she's over the moon but when it comes to baby stuff she can be full on so I'm distancing myself a little. She doesn't get why I'm not over the moon and telling the world - and this coming from a woman who's had 7 miscarriages! I thought she'd understand why I am keeping it to myself until I know everything is ok.

I've had to start thinking about a back-up wedding dress if this pregnancy works out as I won't fit the boned corset dress I have now. I'll be 18 weeks at the wedding and no chance of squeezing a belly or boobs into the top of the dress I have now. I found something right away and it's a bargain so I'm tempted to order it now but worried it's jumping the gun if something goes wrong.

#4 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

kee - glad you've found a wedding dress that might suit! Will it be adjustable? So hard to know what your body shape will be like at 18 weeks!

I went to the doctors for my bloods referral last night. She wanted to use my LMP to show how pregnant I am, which is going to be very wrong, I didn't ovulate until CD38 - I know this because I was temping and we only BD the once around that time. She wants me to go for a dating scan this week because according to LMP I'm 7weeks - I said I know I'm only 4w3d so there's no point. She was trying to persuade me otherwise saying they could check for ectopic and that my LMP says 7weeks.

I feel like I should have just made up my LMP now as I worry this is going to be an issue the whole way through now!

I've got a referral for bloods, probably wont get to that until tomorrow now, got the dating scan referral as well but I'm going to wait until I know I'm 7weeks to get that done.

Suffering some pretty bad diarrhea, don't remember this with DS! Barely off the toilet yesterday and overnight. The doc also wanted me to do a pee stick test there and then but I couldn't because I'd had to dash to the bathroom whilst sitting in the waiting room!

#5 kee

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

Oh that sucks happygoluckyinoz ... I had worried I'd have sort of the reverse of that as my cycles are quite short and it's taken me a while to get them back to my "normal" of 25 days. I hope it isn't a recurring issue you have to deal with and that once you get the dating scan you can silence all the critics.

Yeah, the dress I found is a lace up back so I can tighten it as needed etc. It's quite plain and simple but we're having the wedding in a beach park and having photos on the sand so I don't want over the top. H2B is wearing beige pants and a short sleeved white linen shirt so it's pretty casual. I think I'll order it today :)

#6 la di dah

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

La di dah. How many weeks will you be when you get the dating scan?

JustMarried! asked this in the last thread and then the thread got locked - I will be 7 weeks.

GP said people ask him for 6 week ones and he prefers not to as he finds that sometimes there's nothing to see, it creates fear/uncertainty, and then if you just wait a week its likelier okay and there's a heartbeat etc.

#7 kee

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

I agree with the GP la di dah, my bestie was bugging me last time to get an ultrasound at 6 weeks (I'd started bleeding at that stage) as she has one at 6 weeks for both her boys and saw heartbeats. I caved and did it and they couldn't see much of anything which made me very negative about it - they also wouldn't even turn the screen towards me to see what they were seeing so I was already convinced the pregnancy was doomed. That night I miscarried. I am adamant this time that I won't be going near an ultrasound machine until after 7 weeks at the earliest. There's truly no point given I know they won't see anything to make me feel better until then - and I've already had to tell my bestie to chill about it as I won't be bothering for another week and a half to 2 weeks.

My god the heartburn is killing me again! I gave my Mum vicious heartburn when she was pregnant with me so this must be revenge! People kept telling her towards the end of the pregnancy when it was still bad that I must have a lot of hair ... I came out with a full head of hair down to my shoulders! I had my first hair cut at 3 days old. I've had hair down past my butt my entire life since! Gotta love old wives tales!

#8 JustMarried!

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

La di dah oh ok for some reason it sounded soon but between 7 weeks to 9 weeks is when they told me to get mine so they can maybe see a heart beat. I'll book it in for around 8 weeks. I don't know my days exactly as I only had a month of the pill before I got pregnant so my dates could be all wrong. Feeling very tired and a bit nauseous and dizzy today. And very bloated. I seriously look pregnant when you shouldn't be seeing anything yet.

#9 kee

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

JustMarried: I am shocked to be bloated too! I didn't know that was part of it! H2B keeps looking at my little pudge and grinning.

#10 JustMarried!

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Haha I know it's crazy. I'm wearing loose tops but you can still kind of see it. Least we will know how we will look when we get bigger haha.

#11 kee

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

I lost 35kgs last year and had just lost 9kgs in preparation for my wedding, I wasn't expecting to put weight on again so quickly and am trying to convince myself to just relax about it and that it'll be fine. The gut I've developed already seems to be mocking me in my skinny pants today though. Lol.

#12 megwyn

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

Can I ask about the 7 weeks thing?  Is that 7 weeks from lmp or 7 weeks from assumed ovulation?  My dr just said middle to end of July... I'm really thinking of seeing if I can change the dr as she was so negative and rude about how early it is and my weight.  When I asked if I could continue my weights training and dance classes she said,  "oh, you exercise?". Ffs. Being overweight robs everything. Anyway.  Rant done.  

I'm going to go and get another test today - probably a digital one - and check nothing's changed. I was hoping to avoid it but my wedding is on Saturday and I just want to be a bit more centred before heading into that.

Kee - I have been trying since we got engaged so I bought a dress that could expand with me. Then I had my final fitting. And two days later got my bfp. Do my stomach will be fine but I'm a little stressed about my boobs.  I won't get to try it on until Saturday. I'm gonna go and but some dress tape.

#13 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

Feeling particularly seedy today, just low level nausea but I'm gutted it's started to kick in so early - I managed to get to 6 weeks last time!

I can't stomach eating anything, but I know I'll feel worse if I don't. Left over spag bol for lunch....

Got handed a glass of champagne at a work morning tea this morning (celebrating the big bosses 50th) wasn't expecting to have to make excuses about not drinking so early!

#14 kee

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

happygoluckyinoz: I just force fed myself fried rice. It's the only thing I've smelt that doesn't make me gag. I already regret it though as the full tummy feeling really doesn't sit well with the bloating and I now feel like I can't move. I need a nap, can we get paid for sleeping under our desks?

megwyn: My dress is a lace up back (the one I ordered today) so it should have some give as I'll have no clue how my body will be by then. I've been waiting for the weight comment from my doctors but so far nothing. Either they're not game to say anything or they remember how much I used to weigh and know this is an improvement. I fear going to the antenatal appointment at the hospital though, I think I'll get a lecture there and they can shove it as I was a total gym rat and was still 20kgs over my "healthy" weight range as suggested by medical "professionals" and I am extremely active and eat well so I don't want to hear that I should put my body into stress to lose weight when I'm pregnant. It certainly does take the shine off of the amazing things your body is doing right now to have someone say your outward appearance is not good enough so I know where you're coming from. I sometimes feel like I need a t-shirt that says "I have fat, I am not fat - I have toes, I am not toes".

#15 la di dah

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

I have so much bloat. I actually scared myself really badly last night because I wore pants that have been fine in the past but haven't worn in two or so months and they were not immediately tight when i pulled them on but unforgiving in the waist.

I had bloat later in the evening that turned into terrible stomach pains and I thought something terrible was happening. It resolved itself when I got home and took off the pants. No bleeding. Just... gas. And a newfound phobia of tight pants.

I'm wearing a shirt dress today and I feel so much better.

#16 kee

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hahahaha! I feel I am headed down the same path - these pants today are killing me!

And the lady here who is obsessed with her own home-made soups just microwaved her pea and ham one and I nearly threw up - I don't like it at the best of times but today it smells like stinky feet. Wet, stinky feet. Barf. If she keeps that up she's going to know I'm pregnant before anyone else in the office because I'll throw all of her soup in the bin and show her what pregnancy hormones can really do. She also makes "smells" in the womens loos when the soups make their exit as well ... haven't had to deal with the remnants of that in the ladies room since getting pregnant and really not looking forward to it now that my sense of smell is on steroids! So disgusting!

Sorry for the graphic descriptions too if you also happen to be having lunch or feeling unwell today. Lol.

#17 megwyn

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

Kee - i think that's what hurt about the dr.  She asked if it was planned and I said we'd been doing letrazole and she just huffed.  I am not letting myself feel excited so I was a little let down by her not saying anything positive.

I'm going to see whether I have to go back to her or if I can see another doctor at c the clinic.

#18 JustMarried!

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

Yeh I just took my dog for a walk and felt a bit light headed probably not eating enough as it makes me feel sick If I eat too much.

Megwyn: it's 7 weeks from lmp because the doctor said there is no point getting it earlier be cause you won't see much or no heart beat. So she said between 7-10 weeks would be best.

#19 Nikita_V

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

*waving*

Hello ladies!

I'm tentatively joining the group here... I've been reading your posts for a few days but just joined because GP just confirmed that it was the real deal yesterday.

Woke up on Sunday morning with the sorest boobs for the 4th or 5th day in a row and just had an inkling. Used a spare pregnancy test that I had on hand from when a friend came to visit and she stayed with us for a few weeks and thought she was pregnant. I bought a trio-pack of tests for her and thought they whatever she didn't use would come in handy in the near future (you know, just in case ). I was down to the last one and wouldn't you know it, lo and behold, a thick positive 2nd line which shocked me from my Sunday morning slumber. :BFP:

Made a GP appointment straight away and did blood tests and GP confirmed it all yesterday.

My husband and I were TTC for about a week... It was a "let's just not use contraception and have some fun and see what happens" scenario. We weren't taking it in any serious way at all but just curious - we just weren't sure if it was going to take months or years and wanted to see what would happen and then PRESTO: I am with child.  So to say we are feeling a bit of shock is an understatement although I feel very fortunate as I actually have poly cystic ovary syndrome and have heard that can really put a spanner in the works.

I think I am about 5 weeks along, and no real symptoms except large, sore boobs and just a general "full" feeling in my lower abdomen and tiredness.

- Live in Sydney
    - 35 y.o
    - Quit my job last month and now I freelance in marketing/social media etc.
    - First ever pregnancy
    - Due date from LMP is 8th March 2017

Now, if anyone can help me with the acronyms, I would be super grateful. I know of a few but not all of them.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :yes:

#20 megwyn

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

Welcome!  I'm 35 too with first pregnancy. I live 6 hours west of Brisbane.

#21 Nikita_V

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Thank you Megwyn!

#22 kee

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Ladies, thank you for the lovely few weeks in here with you all. Unfortunately as is the case for me, I don't make it past 6 weeks and lost the baby this morning. I went to bed with an awful lower back ache that progressed in severity over night and woke up this morning to what is essentially the same as my period - complete with clots. I have zero symptoms left and this is exactly like last time.

I knew it was likely, had a nagging gut feeling from day one. Doesn't make it hurt any less to once again have it confirmed that my defective body just will not make babies.

So yeah, that's me done. And on the 3 month mark until my wedding. I was meant to be posting excited countdown posts today and instead I want the world to end. I can't believe that in the process of planning our wedding H2B and I have lost 2 babies now. I actually want the next 3 months to hurry up so I can get away from here for a break for a while.

I wish you all uneventful, healthy pregnancies girls - best of luck to you all <3

Edited by kee, 14 July 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#23 megwyn

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

I'm so sorry Kee. That sucks totally. Take care of yourself.

#24 HKT2017

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

I'm so sorry Kee. Take it easy on yourself. I hope on time you can find the excitement about your wedding and the much needed break after it. Hoping you get your sticky baby on the future x

#25 Nikita_V

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Oh Kee, my condolences. Please take care of yourself. I hope you find joy in your upcoming wedding soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.