Due in March # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#51 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

So when the doctors call and ask you to come in to discuss the blood work - that's normal isn't it?? Now both DH and I are worried it's bad news... I can't get in until 7pm tomorrow so that's a long time to stress. Now I'm just paranoid I'm not pregnant at all and it's been a big mistake!

#52 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

DP

Edited by happygoluckyinoz, 19 July 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#53 tinkitten

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostCat1234, on 18 July 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Hi Guys I'm just sticking my nose in from a neighbouring DIG - congrats to all - I just wanted to ask because I thought I saw it here -  how do you pronounce Elodie? I think someone said they have an Elodie here.  It's been on my list of girl names for a loooong time but I've heard different pronounciations of it.

Ta

In English it's pronounced like Melody without the M. In French more like E LO DEE in a french accent I guess lol

#54 ~9YearsLater

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

View Posthappygoluckyinoz, on 18 July 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

So when the doctors call and ask you to come in to discuss the blood work - that's normal isn't it?? Now both DH and I are worried it's bad news... I can't get in until 7pm tomorrow so that's a long time to stress. Now I'm just paranoid I'm not pregnant at all and it's been a big mistake!

Could be one of many things - low iron or vit D, strep B, low immunity.

Try not to stress. xx

#55 ~9YearsLater

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

View Posthappygoluckyinoz, on 18 July 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Could be one of many things - low iron or vit D, strep B, low immunity.

Try not to stress. xx

#56 Palm tree

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

I thought I might drop say hi to everyone. Sorry to those that have left already. I'm 7 weeks and 5 days due on the 1st of March. Although it's exciting I'm a tad bit in denial and not really sure how I'm going cope as I'm 36yo and ds is only 4 months old oops, I mean yay. I was so tired through my last pregnancy and it wasn't exactly the easiest pregnancy. Also having 2 babies less than 12 months apart this could be interesting.

#57 123Babies4Me

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostCat1234, on 18 July 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Hi Guys I'm just sticking my nose in from a neighbouring DIG - congrats to all - I just wanted to ask because I thought I saw it here -  how do you pronounce Elodie? I think someone said they have an Elodie here.  It's been on my list of girl names for a loooong time but I've heard different pronounciations of it.

Ta

#58 123Babies4Me

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Sorry I forgot to write my reply! El-o-dee. It's a gorgeous name, I've considered it!

#59 JustMarried!

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

Happygoluckyinoz my doctor said will call you when bloods arrived and wanted to make a follow up appointment. All mine were fine not even low iron. So I wouldn't worry about it, I assume it's pretty normal. It's normal at our clinic anyway to discuss everything in person. Hope it's quick between now and tomorrow night.

#60 JustMarried!

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

Happygoluckyinoz my doctor said she will call you when bloods arrived and wanted to make a follow up appointment. All mine were fine not even low iron. So I wouldn't worry about it, I assume it's pretty normal. It's normal at our clinic anyway to discuss everything in person. Hope it's quick between now and tomorrow night.

#61 blue_wren

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

Palm Tree - congrats and wow! Sounds like you'll have a lot on your hands - here's hoping your pregnancy is smooth sailing for you :)

Just wondering how everyone is feeling? I'm 6w1d and I know it's still super early but I'm a bit worried as I'm not really feeling any symptoms. I'm really tired and sometimes dizzy but that's it. Anyone else?

#62 Nikita_V

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

Hello Palm Tree - Nice to see you here. If it makes you feel any better, I am also somewhat in denial too. I don't have any other children but it's all a lot to take in... I am wondering if I will start to feel like it's all real once I get some nausea (I am approx 6 weeks)

Blue_Wren - I am starting to wonder if I am pregnant too (even though doctor has confirmed) because at the moment I have zero symptoms. Slightly hungrier than usual but that's it. I guess I should feel lucky?!? Hoping I don't jinx myself and perhaps this is just going to be the smoothest pregnancy in history!!

I have, however, developed a cold, and when I went to the pharmacy, all they could give me for my head cold and runny/blocked nose and watery eyes was Lemsip (basically just paracetamol) and natural saline nasal spray. To think that all this time, I was taking cold and flu medicine for granted!! I just want to be able to take some day and night tablets, clear up my head and zonk out in bed but have to do it the natural way instead!

#63 Palm tree

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:34 PM

Thanks blue wren. I wouldn't worry about not having to many symptoms so early on. I've been pretty tired and ds spew rag and dirty nappies are a bit hard to deal with atm but that's about it. I didn't have bad morning sickness with my last pregnancy either though, the worst of it was 9 weeks

#64 Palm tree

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hi Nakita, maybe maybe not if you get  nausea. I found it have to believe it was real through my whole preg, it's still some what sinking in I have one baby already lol

#65 lea89

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

Hi blue wren. I'm also 6w 1d. You should be lucky as I'm finding it a struggle to work 100% efficiency while under the weather. I've had nausea for since the weekend. Prior to that I didn't have any symptoms.

Nikita v. Hope you get better soon :) have you had your flu shot for the yr? My gp gave me mine last weekend.

#66 tinkitten

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

Feeling a bit worried and sad this morning..

Yesterday arvo I took another HPT and it was positive.. stronger than the day before..

This morning when getting changed I noticed brown spotting on my liner. Like old period blood spotting. And some when I wiped. I don't feel like I'm getting my period though (wasn't meant to be due until Saturday/Sunday) and I feel a little spewey still. I don't remember having this with my daughter.

So it's either ending or this is old lining being shed?

I already did a wee this morning (no lights on so didn't notice) so I'll wait a while and do another HPT. I've got the doctors on Thursday arvo.

:(

Edited by tinkitten, 19 July 2017 - 06:43 AM.

#67 tinkitten

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

I just remembered. I did have some spotting like this with my daughter but it was further along but before my dating scan at 7 weeks. I think at about 5 weeks?

Oh well. I guess I'll know soon enough. Don't have work until 12 and DD is at childcare already so I'm going to go home and have a nap (and test again!!)

#68 megwyn

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

One of my friends sisters is Elodie - El-oh-dee

#69 megwyn

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

One of my friends sisters is Elodie - El-oh-dee

#70 Nikita_V

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

Lea89 - yes, I get my flu shot every year! I had mine in May before the BFP :yes:

#71 ~9YearsLater

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

Tinkitten - I got this at 4+2 weeks. An afternoon and morning of very light brown spotting (only when I wiped and only very little). I was panicking after last month's CP.

Turned out to be old blood and nothing. I wouldn't be too concerned if it stays light and brown. Anything more, see your Dr. Thinking of you x

Happygoluckyinoz - any news?

#72 kee

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

Hi ladies ...

Had bloods done to check levels were falling after the huge bleed and clot/tissue loss and the doctor ordered repeat bloods - still telling me it was the check levels were falling. Turns out they were continuing to double. Bleeding completely stopped and still my HCG has increased. I am now sitting nicely in the middle of the 6 to 8 week range and it seems bubs held on through the bleeding and is still ticking away nicely so looks like somehow I'm still in this group! I hardly believe it - if not for feeling yuk quite often I wouldn't believe it at all - but I am not telling a soul until I have had an ultrasound to check all is well. My doctor doesn't want to do that until next week after I am 7 weeks so there's a higher chance of seeing a heartbeat.

Only my bestie knew I was pregnant and I confided in her about losing it so she was obviously devastated for me and would be thrilled to know I'm still pregnant but I just don't want all the attention at the moment or to get my hopes up too much yet so I am not saying a word until I've seen it with my own eyes on an ultrasound. Just taking it a day at a time for now. H2B is already over-protective but it's so beautiful to see him hoping like mad that we can have this baby.

So yeah ... I'm back in here by some sort of miracle and tentatively counting the days to 7 weeks - 6w2d today, which is the furthest I've ever made it so I'm into new territory now because by this stage I was miscarrying the last pregnancy and waiting for everything to pass. No idea what to expect from here in but looking forward to it and hoping it's all positive :)

#73 ~9YearsLater

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

Oh kee, that is such wonderful news! My SIL had a massive bleed during her pregnancy (after two losses, one at 16 weeks). That massive bleed is now 6 years old! So it does happen.

I have everything crossed that your little bean sticks around <3

#74 kee

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

This has really taken me by surprise as the amount of bleeding and all the huge clots etc was exactly like my last mc so I just assumed it was happening again. I felt awfully sick during it but then when that nausea lingered I actually felt myself wondering what if.

All I can do is take it a day at a time and hope for the best.

#75 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Wow Kee amazing! So happy to see you here!

No news for me yet, although I think it's just a routine 'you've had blood tests come back and discuss' conversation. I hadn't made an appointment yet as the nurse had said the results wouldn't be back til Thursday.

I did rush out and buy a CB digi and tested with that yesterday arvo, said pregnant and 2-3 weeks, so I'm feeling a bit happier about that now.

Had the most painful trapped wind when I went to bed last night. So excruciating and i couldn't sleep as I kept having to get up and sit on the loo! I can't remember that from last time but I hope it goes away soon. Other than that I haven't really got any other symptoms - but expecting MS to kick in next week as I was 6 weeks last time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.