Due in Feb #3

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#201 *bright*

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

Jade - PM Mingles & she'll hook you up :yes:

#202 nimble

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hi, is anyone still around?   Hope you are all doing well?

Not much happening with me really.  Getting bigger but still not a lot of movement.  Have my GTT test on Friday, then scan next Wednesday so will see how that all goes.

Less than 3 months for me now before bub arrives, and I still keep forgetting I am actually pregnant!  So need to get my head more in gear for it all.

#203 Carrietarool

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:29 AM

hi nimble im still around!

Not alot to report here either, 27weeks pregnant tomorrow and really need to do my GTT test asap...was meant to do it last friday but had unexpected things happening and had to cancel.

11wks and 6days till my c-sect is booked (but whos counting!) it seems such a short time away when I write it like that.

One of my dear friends who has been battling cancer since mid last year suddenly and unexpectedly fell very ill, and has since been told she only has a couple of weeks left which has been a huge and awful shock to us all, so the pregnancy has kind of fallen to the background as we all try to deal with it and do anything we can to help her. She and her husband and son are like a part of our family, its unbearable and so unfair that this is happening.

#204 nimble

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

Carrie, i am so, so very sorry to hear about your dear friend.  That is just heartbreaking.  Cancer is so unbearably cruel.   My thoughts are with you all in this terrible time :(

Please make sure you take care of yourself during this time too, as hard that can sometimes be x

I had my GTT this morning - wasn't fun fasting but at least it's over and done with now.  Next OB appt is on Wed so will get results then.

12 weeks and 4 days until my c-section.  Still seems like ages.  Trying to work out the house move too, which, at this stage, looks like happening in the week after bub arrives :/

#205 Carrietarool

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Thanks Nimble xx  my heart is breaking for her and her family, she is only 33 with a 3 year old son. It really is just so cruel and unfair.

I managed to get my GTT test done on Friday, next appointment with my OB isnt till 27th Nov but im assuming if it shows anything bad that I'll get a call before that.

My littlest son and I have fallen sick with a cold type thing - sore throat etc. Not ideal but probably not unexpected either - Ive been in and out of hospitals the whole of last week seeing my friend and running up and down to sydney, not sleeping well and stressed.  
Today we are just staying home resting.  Bub has been moving around heaps in the last few days.

Oh gosh Nimble, that will be a stressful time for you with a move and a new baby, especially after c-section :/   sucks how the timing of these things works out sometimes!! do you have many friends/ family around closeby that could help out with the move to make it all as easy as possible?

#206 *bright*

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

Carrie I'm so, so sorry to hear about your friend. That is so cruel and unfair. Please take care of yourself while you get through this too.

My OB still hasn't given me a date!! He vaguely said he would after the GTT which is this Saturday, so I'll be asking for one next time I see him. Fingers crossed no GD but the amount of sugar I've been eating, and bub measuring a little big has got me scared....

#207 Elle_

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I have no words, that's so unfair. Hope you are managing ok.

Nothing new to report, had my GTT yesterday and hoping I don't have GD! I really haven't been eating that well all pregnancy though, I think with morning sickness I just ate whatever I made me feel better, not great when that's generally hot chips and sugary foods for about 15 weeks 😬

Bubs is moving around a lot which is lovely. At my last appointment he was breach so I'm hoping he's turned, I have been feeling kicks towards to top of my stomach but also middle abs some low so who knows!

28'weeks today .... it's getting real now! Starting to organize the nursery and think about hospital bags etc and have been a cleaning freak! Must be nesting! Still not much luck with names ..... but we'll get there

#208 Carrietarool

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:24 AM

HI everyone,

Hope you are all doing well as we move into the 3rd trimester!

Thankyou for all your kind words, my friend is still fighting away and defying doctors expectations - shes made of very tough stuff.

Im plodding along, my GTT test was all clear which is good however the blood test showed I had low iron and slightly low platelet levels - that freaked me out but the midwife and OB assured me its nothing to worry about at this point, just need to keep an eye on it as if platelet levels drop too low they cant do an epidural for C section and would have to do it under general anaesthetic which terrifies me - they have to drop very low for that to happen though and mine are only just under normal levels at the moment.

Its been a very strange time emotionally this time round - so many conflicting emotions between the grief of seeing my friend so desperately unwell and not knowing how long she has left, seeing my boys getting all excited for christmas and doing all the usual christmas leadup activities, and knowing that this baby is only about 9 weeks away now from arriving.

Elle - i had the same worry when I did my GTT test - my diet has been shocking with sooo much more sugary stuff than i would normally eat. fingers crossed yours will come back all clear too though xxx

Baby has been moving around alot and at my appointment last week he was head down in the perfect position - not that it matters anyway as this will be a c section!!

How is everyone else going?

#209 nimble

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

Hello ladies!  How is everyone?

Carrie - i also had low iron and platelets, but my OB said we will just monitor the platelets and I am back on the delightful ferro-C....

That's great your friend is fighting, I do hope they're doing ok. I can understand hope your emotions must be all over the place.

Things ok with me - feeling uncomfortable but not too bad.  We still don't have a move date yet, but hoping it will be before the c-section otherwise it's going to be really stressful.  Bored of being pregnant now, and want my body back lol!

#210 Elle_

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hooray not GD ..... but bubs is frank Breech .... hoping he turns in the next couple of weeks, otherwise might be booked in for a cesarean. That certainly wouldn't be the end of the world but I was hoping for a natural birth. See what happens :)

#211 Carrietarool

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

Hi everyone, is anyone still around?

There is certainly not long to go now! 2 weeks on wednesday for me till my c-section.

Not really alot to report here, feeling very very large and uncomfortable, and bub has been very active which is nice.

My platelet levels have been rising and falling and at last test last week they a little low again so Im hoping they stay high enough in the next two weeks to not cause any dramas :pray:

Trying to tick off the last minute things I need to do, washed all baby clothes and bassinet lining etc, still got to put capsule in the car .

I hope everyone is doing well in these last few weeks of pregnancy xx

#212 **jade**

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

Wow, I've been really absent here. but yes, I'm still here. Still around and still very round indeed. I'm very much over the heat and feeling very much like a whale... anyone else in the same boat? I've still got a month to go. Maybe a month and a week depending on which due date you believe. I think I'm one of the last EDD's in the group.

Carrie - so close now... bet you can't wait! I've had all my baby and hospital stuff ready for the past few weeks - just don't want to leave it til the last minute. Organising everything in my house now... although kids make that difficult. I get through one room only to find a mess in another three. lol.

In the next few days I'll post up the list in the first post on this page (seeing as by pure chance it was mine) so that as we hear of any news I can update it. Have to join that fb group too lol. Anyway, time for bed... Night all, hope you are all doing well in these last few weeks that we have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.