Due in Feb #3

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#26 1stTimerCass

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

I ticked something off my pregnancy bucket list this morning - being sick at work!!  Thankfully I made it to the toilets, but hugging the work toilet bowl was not something I wanted to have to ever experience!  I hit 12 weeks tomorrow, I'm hoping it just magically goes away, but I have major doubts! LOL.

How is everyone else doing?

#27 nimble

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

Cass -  oh you poor thing!  That has always been one of my fears but thankfully haven't had to deal with it.  Let's hope it was a one off for you, and that the MS passes super quickly as you head into the 2nd trimester.

Mingles - thanks for responding.  All my family are in the UK (I have been here 15 years), so I unfortunately don't have the doting grandparents around to help out at all.   DH's mum is in a home and he has fallen out with his sibling.    How are you going?  Is the other group going strong?  Just need to get past the Harmony test then would love to join.

Hope everyone is going ok, if anyone is still left in here lol

#28 Carrietarool

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

hi everyone!

hope you all are well!

1sttimercass oh no, im glad you made it to bathroom in time! its a yuck feeling! Im not working atm so it hasnt been an issue this time round, but i remember those days!

nimble it makes it so hard when DH is like that. And even more so when you dont have your own family support network around you. Do you have close friends nearby that can help you out? it sounds like you are on the right track seeing your psychologist, i hope it helps you to clear your head, I always find it beneficial.
When is your harmony test?
Mine is this friday, Im looking forward to getting it done. These last weeks of first trimester seem to be dragging.

My DH tries but he doesnt really get it, he cant understand how im feeling and his life just keeps on merrily continuing the same.
Im actually annoyed with him atm because we have this event on saturday, its been planned for ages and his parents are coming to it but then taking our 3 kids back to our house to look after them, put them to bed etc and stay the night so I could stay out with DH.
Obviously staying out and having drinks wont be happening for me now, however DH keeps inviting more and more people back to stay at our house afterwards.

Its all just fun and games for him, he'll be playing rugby and then partying all day and night on sat, get home god knows what time meanwhile Im cleaning frantically beforehand making the house presentable, and making up beds for everyone then no doubt have to clean up everything again afterwards when they all go.  
Ive had a constant headache the last few days and nausea aplenty and going out or doing anything at all is the last thing I feel like, let alone having a house full of people on sat night and sunday.
Anyway thats my big whinge!!

#29 *bright*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hiii ladies,

Hey Nimble, I feel for you. Was your psych appt today? How did it go, have you got any strategies in place or at least feel better after talking it through?  Sorry to hear your fam is all in the UK, you must really miss them especially times like this.

Case what a horrid moment! Glad you made it! "They" say it should get better after 12 weeks, right? I really hope that's the case for you.

Carrie sounds like you're really copping it on the home front too - it's really not fair for all that extra work to be put on you any time, let alone when you're feeling so rotten. I've been getting headaches too and I just struggle to get anything at all done when they are bad.

All ok my end, had my first OB appt today and saw bub again, heartbeat has increased and measuring well, I've got another quick check in 2 weeks then into all the testing etc. Looks like baby will arrive right at the end of Feb <3

#30 Carrietarool

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

yay bright*future thats wonderful that all is looking great with bub. how many weeks are you now?

Its 2 weeks tomorrow till my 12week scan, it just cant come fast enough!!

#31 *bright*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

I'm only 8 weeks - feel so far behind you ladies haha!!! I wish I had a magic wand to speed up the next 31 weeks!

How exciting, the 12 week scan is such a beautiful thing, I remember my son bouncing around like a jack in the box when we had his.

#32 1stTimerCass

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Oh no Carrie, that sounds like torture!! I've spent my weekends recently in bed, or wishing I were in bed! LOL.

Happy to report that this morning has been uneventful for me at work... so far!

I had my blood taken for the Harmony test last night - they couldn't get a vein in my elbow, so went with my wrist instead!  Looking forward to getting the results, hoping they're all good.  We're also finding out the sex, so that will make it more exciting!

Today marks week 12 for me - planning on getting a scan done next weekend, and I've heard back today from the hospital I'm going to, they've booked me in an appointment, but I'm not sure what it's for!  My dr sent a referral to my hospital of choice, and they've sent me a text message saying I've got an appointment booked in a couple of weeks, to bring any scans etc.  Anyone know what the appointment will be for?  Will it be like a meeting and greet, or will they do some kind of examinations?

Hope you ladies are all doing well. :)

#33 *bright*

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:02 AM

Yay happy 12 weeks Cass!!!!  Wonderful milestone.  Do you have many people to share the news with now?

#34 1stTimerCass

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

I've already told my close friends and family and people at work.  I suppose we could do a Facebook announcement to let everyone else know, but my hubby isn't too keen on that.  I'm pretty happy that the people we want to know now know about it. :)

#35 *bright*

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Fantastic!!  I'm reluctant to do a Facebook announcement this time round too. I'm connected to too many people at work and I'm holding out as long as possible to tell work.

#36 Carrietarool

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Happy 12 weeks Cass!! Always so good to pass that point!

I think we are going to find out the sex in the harmony test aswell, very exciting the prospect of finding out so early!

All going well at 12wk scan, i dont think I'll do a facebook announcement this time either, i always have before but at the moment so many of our close friends are having a hard time in their lives,many with fertility stuff or facing not being able to have more children due to the after effects of chemo and it just doesnt feel right to do this time. I'll tell the important people quietly and everyone else can find out whenever!

Hmm Cass i imagine the hospital appointment would be like a meet and greet/show you around the maternity ward, answer any questions you might have type thing, thats what mine have been like anyway however none have been till much later in my pregnancy so im not too sure!!

#37 GettingBusier

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

Hi all, I have been stalking a bit but too scared to post as my last pregnancy didn't end well. BUT my NIPT came back today all clear and it's a boy so I am starting to feel that this might actually happen! So, I hope you don't mind if I join.

#38 *bright*

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

Hi GettingBusier - welcome and a huge congratulations!!! You must be about 12 weeks? How exciting!

#39 nimble

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Welcome gettingbusier, and congratulations on the NPIT results!

I just popped into my OB for a quick scan as woke on Monday with a completely flat tum, full of energy, and normal boobs.  Then that night I had a pulling sensation which I have had before with a loss, and last night I woke in excruciating pain.

However, things look fine - HB of 170 and measuring exactly on 9w6d.   NPIT on Monday and I will definitely find out the gender.   No FB announcements though.  I didn't with my son either.

How is everyone else?  Anyone else's symptoms completely disappeared?

#40 Carrietarool

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

Welcone gettingbusier!! Fantastic news about the NIPT results!!

Yes nimble me, once again my symptoms have dropped off completely the last couple of days...i feel normal today. Its happened a few times this pregnancy then come back again so i know i shouldn't worry but i always do anyway.
Its so good you could get in to your OB for a quick scan to put your mind at ease! And wonderful that bub is doing great in there!

Quick question, does anyone here who is doing or has already done the NIPT test get a viabilty scan prior to the test?
Ive read a few things on EB about people getting a quick scan done before the bloods were taken as standard procedure and i was hopeful it would be the same for me but i checked today and its just the blood test only.
The lack of symptoms has made me nervous about paying $450 for the test then finding out afterwards at the 12wk scan that something had already gone wrong. I hate thinking like this but i cant help it! :(

Edited by Carrietarool, 26 July 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#41 nimble

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Carrie - I understand that my OB does the scan and the NPIT test at the same time.   I recall that being the same first time around too.

#42 Carrietarool

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

View Postnimble, on 26 July 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Carrie - I understand that my OB does the scan and the NPIT test at the same time.   I recall that being the same first time around too.

dang i wish mine did that too!  this one im doing is called the generation NIPT test and the blood test is just done at pathology so no scan beforehand. i just rang up and the cost of the generation plus test my OB had selected for me has just gone up from $450 to $695 and because its apparently an advanced test that checks for extra things it would be sent to america and results not back for 10-14days.

I quickly called my OB and changed it to just the standard NIPT test which is $395 and tested in australia. I nearly fell down when I first rang to pay and she said ok thats $695!! i know it used to be quite expensive when it first came out because they were all sent to US for testing.

#43 GettingBusier

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the welcome - yes, the NIPT results were a big relief!

I imagine it is quite nerve wracking when symptoms come and go ... I have the slightly unusual situation of zero symptoms (apart from a bit more tired) so I eagerly await any scan to confirm that i didn't misread the original test.

My NIPT was organized through the hospital so they did a quick scan before referring me. Nice to hear a little heart beat. I'm currently 11w2d and have another scan booked in 2 weeks which I think is when we will start telling people outside immediate family. Haven't quite decided when to tell my older two DDs (5 & 4)... safe to say everyone will know when that happens - secrets are not their forte 😀

#44 stace_wa

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

Hi guys! A few of you might remember me from earlier on, unfortunately my last cycle ended in a mc at 5 weeks.
I just thought I'd pop in and let you know that I just got a bfp at 10/11dpo! Hopefully this one is stickier!

Hope everyone is going well :)

#45 Carrietarool

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

Stace oh my gosh im so happy for you!! I confess ive been checking into the ttc group to see how you were going! Congratulations i wish you a happy healthy and uneventful 9 months! xxx

#46 nimble

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Stace - that is amazing!!!!!  So glad to hear that :)

#47 *bright*

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Hooray Stace congrats!!! Hope this is a very uneventful and happy pregnancy!

Edited by bright*future, 27 July 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#48 nimble

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Happy Friday!  How is everyone?  It's gone very quiet in here....

#49 GettingBusier

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Hi all, hope you are all doing better than me...

I've been hit by a cold from hell (thanks DD). Anyone have any tips for surviving? Currently the only thing keeping me going is constant cups of tea that seem to be keeping the sore throat and coughing at bay.

I miss drugs that work.

#50 Carrietarool

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

oh Gettingbusier thats awful!! I have no good tips im sorry :( im yet to find anything as wonderful as all the cold and flu drugs that you arnt allowed to take while pregnant!!  i hope it passes quickly for you!

Today i had my NIPT bloodtest done, turned out to be a massive mission  for such a quick test though!

when i called to pre pay it the other day the lady i spoke to told me that for the standard test you could go any day mon-fri to have it done at any of the selected pathologies that offer it,,,and gave me the address of the closest pathology to me that does it (an hrs drive away), also said it was a walk in test so no appointment needed. i also checked their website to confirm the address and it also said mon-fri .

I got DH to go to work late so he could drop the boys to school and left first thing to go get the bloodtest then get home to clean... got to the place and they told me that they dont do the NIPT test there anymore ...i called three more of the pathologys listed on the website and they all said "oh yeah we do it but only on a mon and tues morn before 9am" .
i felt a fool because i hadnt even thought of calling them beforehand, i just took it for granted that the lady giving me the info would know the correct details!!

I finally found one 1.5hrs drive from where i was that said they could do the test today so i loaded mr 11month old back into the car and we drove down there. i left home at 7am thinking id be back by 9.30-10 and didnt get back home till it was time to pick the kids up from school due to all the driving !  
But at least i got it done and dont have to worry about trying to get it done next week. Now just to hope the results are ok :pray:

how is everyone else doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.