Due in Feb #3

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#51 1stTimerCass

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Wow Carrie, that sounds like an epic ordeal!!
I was the same as you and just took for granted that the blood collection place I was going did the test - if not for your story I wouldn't have thought to call going forward!

I did have to do some ringing around to book in for my 12 week scan which I'm having today. I didn't realise so many placed only did them during business hours, some places near me only doing them 9-3 Mon to Fri, making it difficult for me to schedule with work.

Looking forward to seeing our bubba today - it's actually going to look like a baby, not a blob like it did at 5 weeks!

#52 OllieJ83

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

Good luck with your scan today cass 😊
I'm booked in to have mine next Thursday and I'll be 11w 6d. Haven't had the harmony test yet, not sure if I will. Still haven't had my antenatal blood tests done yet coz I keep forgetting and need to take time off work to get it done.

Anyone else with m/s that keeps changing? First it was the arvos that were bad, then went to 24/7, then just recently I've been getting a solid few hours in the arvo where I feel almost normal and just feel sick in morning and night, back to feeling yuck most of the day now!
Had a huge week at work and think I'm a bit dehydrated which wouldn't be helping the nausea!

Having not been pregnant for 8yrs and did a lot of training in that time to get in shape has got me feeling huge! Lol
Anyone else got a proper little bump yet?

#53 1stTimerCass

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

Ollie, your MS sounds like mine! I kind of get my hopes up, and then it comes back. :(
Today has been a good day, feeling pretty good so hoping it lasts.

Scan was good, got to see bub briefly- the sonographer had the screen so I couldn't see it while he was doing all the measuring.  Got a couple of photos which was nice. Waiting to go back to the drs to see how things went with the scan, since the sonographer didn't say much... more Waiting!!

#54 *bright*

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Oh Carrie what a nightmare re your blood test!!

Yay Cass for the 12 week scan!! I'm counting down the days... also looking forward to it not looking like a blob haha!!

Ollie my symptoms are all over the place too. Some days I feel ok, others very up & down. I've been taking the elevit ms tabs and I find I feel better for a couple of days after just one, but then I start to freak out that I feel better.... Ahhhh my mind is playing nasty tricks on me!

#55 *bright*

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

PS not a proper bump but bloated all over my belly. I'm scared I'm going to be huge....

#56 Carrietarool

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

My morning sickness has changed too....for a few weeks i was feeling sick all day except for brief pauses straight after eating, then id have a couple of days feeling totally normal, some days it would be worse in the arvo and ok in the morning and the last few days its eased off alot and has been quite mild or none at all  which makes me nervous.

So glad your scan went well Cass!

My belly has rounded out, but my stomach muscles are still seperated from my previous pregnancy so i was expecting it...even before falling pregnant this time, all it took was a large meal and id look 5 months pregnant!

#57 lea89

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hi,

I'm dropping in from the March group as I had my first dating scan yesterday at 7w 4d and found that I am expecting twins. I have been told that twin pregnancy usually don't last longer than 37 weeks which mean I am due around 20th Feb (provided I make it to 37 weeks)!
Wishing everyone a safe pregnancy!

#58 nimble

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

Welcome Lea89!  Wow, twins.  How exciting.  Are they your first?   How are you feeling?

Carrie - what a nightmare with your test.   So annoying when given the wrong information.  At least it is done now.  When will you have results back?

Ollie - i haven't really had an MS just the odd bouts that feel like I am hungover.   Like you, I do a lot of training so although I haven't got a bump, per se, I do feel bloated and a bit chubby around the middle.   Are you still keeping up with the fitness?  I am still doing a fair bit but have slowed down, and going lighter with weights etc.

Cass - great scan went well.  A shame they don't have a screen you can watch though, but always good to get the little photos :)

Bright*future - I hear you on the bloated tum.   It's always better when it turns into a proper bump.  At least we are in winter, and can hide away in layers!

AFM - have scan and NIPT test today.   Not feeling in the slightest bit pregnant today!   Managed to take a chunk out of my tongue yesterday, when eating a sandwich so think the pain of that is overshadowing everything else.  Ouch!

Hi to anyone I have missed :)

#59 1stTimerCass

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

Welcome lea, congrats on your twins - hoping it all goes nice and smoothly for you. :)

I'd had a really good weekend with my MS, hardly feeling sick at all.  Thought things were looking up!  Until this morning when I had to get hubby to pull the car over on the way to work so I could be sick. :(  Great start to Monday!

Hope you've all had a better morning than I have :)

#60 Carrietarool

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

welcome lea and congratulations on twins, how exciting!! how are you feeling?

Nimble they said 3-5 days for results to come back for NIPT so im hoping this week sometime, when I prepaid it the lady on ph said I would get a ph call with the results, however they get sent to my OB and his office usually only call if results show something isnt right so if i havnt heard anything by friday I'll give them a call.
Have you had your scan and test done yet? How was the scan?

Oh Cass what a shame that after a couple of good days you were sick again :( i hope the sickness goes away soon for you!!

Im 12 weeks this friday and my 12wk NT scan is next tues...it feels so far away, the further it gets from my last scan the more anxious I feel, just hoping everything is still ok in there!

How is everyone else doing today?

#61 hoolio8

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

hey guys, sorry to be mia lately, i have just sleeeeeeping so much.

sorry ive missed whats been going on, hope everyone is okay :)

i have a random question, lately i have been getting this weird sensation high up on the right side of my ribs (kinda under my R boob lol) everytime i lay down on my right side. it kinda feels like pins n needles almost? usually only when i lay to that side but today i have it at work and its just odd.
is this something i need to have checked out? sorry, such a weird question.

oh btw i has another scan and bubbas heart rate was 160! yay! and not small in size anymore so i can relax until the 12 week scan.

olliej83 -  i feel ya with MS, i had a great day saturday but sunday i was in bed cursing the gods that they tricked me into thinking it was over with. back to eating saladas.

carrietarool - thinking of you! good luck for next week, can we post photos here? would love to see your scan!

actually that goes for everyone :) all the cute little jellybeans, except for mine... its still a blob hahahaha.

#62 lea89

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Hello everyone

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Nimble, 1sttimercass & carrietarool - I'm am jumping for joy only in my mind haha. Since I was 5 weeks I've had nothing but MS. 😒 The twins are indeed my first so any tips on how to manage pregnancy in general, plz let me know !! I have twins cousins and my dh has twin aunties so we knew we had a good chance of twins. We just didn't expect it for our first pregnancy!

As most of you are further along in your pregnancy than me, which test did you guys choose to do between the harmony test and the nipt? I saw someone mentioned it earlier.

#63 OllieJ83

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Congrats lea! Twins, so exciting!!

Nimble, I've been pretty slack in the last year since I went back to full time work and while I didn't gain any weight (luckily work is busy in my feet all day) I did lose a bit of muscle and am feeling a lot softer lol
Now I'm too sick to manage anything outside of work!
I have always shown early tho, I have a boyish figure and seem to pop out the front straight away lol

Oh no cass! I hate vomiting! Luckily my ms has mainly been nausea with only a few up chucks lol

Have my scan on Thursday, excited and nervous! I think I went thru my first 5 pregnancies very naive and thinking bad stuff only happens to other people. Then after a miscarriage it makes it very real how fragile our little babies are and how little control we have!

#64 *bright*

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

Hi ladies,

Congratulations Lea! Twins sounds very exciting indeed!  It's great you have heaps of family around with experience of twins, I'm sure they'll be super supportive when they arrive!

Ollie will be thinking of you at your scan. I've had some bad luck with over the last 18 months so I'm scared too, every time I lie down on the bed & dr has a look. It's so much better when we can hear or feel them!

Sorry to hear some of you ladies are still suffering so much with MS!  I'm having good days and bad days... this morning sitting in a waiting room there was someone else there with a very strong cooking smell about them and I felt like I was going to need to dash to the loo, but I survived...

I seem to be constantly eating! I haven't weighed myself for a few days... but Dr said he doesn't want me to put on too much weight, which I didn't with my son... hopefully it will be similar...

#65 Carrietarool

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

lea re. the NIPT (non invasive prenatal test) - my understanding is that the harmony test is just one brand of the NIPT.. they are all essentially the same test theres just many different companies offering the test in Australia now and they are all called different things, for example my NIPT test was called Generation - it tests for all the same chromosomal disorders as the Harmony test just different company= different name. I think the harmony test might have been one of the very first NIPT offered here.

Then there is the NT (nuchal translucency scan) which is the 12week ultrasound and corresponding blood test you have a few days before it that checks the size of the fluid behind bubs neck and compares it with the blood test results to give you a risk factor for down syndrome etc.
My ob told me that he still recommends people who have NIPT test to still do the NT scan aswell.  I hope that helps and answers your question Im not very good at explaining things sometimes!!

I have been so lazy with exercise so far... before I fell pregnant i had just got back into good exercise and eating well and lost 3kgs (i still have 10kg to lose leftover from my last pregnancy!!).. however I kind of freeze up in the first trimester - scared to exercise any more than a gentle walk. Ive been eating lots of bad stuff too so Ive regained  2kgs :(
Hopefully after next week if everything is ok at 12wk scan I will feel more confident in myself and pick up where I left off.

#66 1stTimerCass

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hey lea,

My hubby and I decided to go with the Harmony test as it seems to be more accurate from the reading I've been doing.

I'm trying to be patient while I wait for my results from it - my drs have said it can be up to two weeks, and we've already been waiting for one...

During our 12 week scan they looked at the babys measurements, the neck etc to check out the thickness as an added measure.  I guess once they've got the blood test results they'll be able to put it all together and work out the risk for us.

#67 Carrietarool

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

View Post1stTimerCass, on 01 August 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm trying to be patient while I wait for my results from it - my drs have said it can be up to two weeks, and we've already been waiting for one...

i hope you dont have to wait too much longer for results cass!! im already wildly impatient and I only had test done on fri!!

#68 *bright*

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

hoolio8 - I missed your question earlier... I've been getting a weird feeling around that area too, feels sometimes a it sharp and other times more like a muscle pain. I'm going to mention it to my ob next week, only because it's near the liver and I scared myself looking at stuff about pre eclampsia. Apparently it's not too early to watch for it. How are you feeling now, is it still there?

#69 nimble

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

Afternoon!

My OB is doing a scan at 14 weeks, so thinking that must be the NT one....?   When he did the NIPT he did a quick scan but apparently the 14 week one is the thorough one.   Guess they all have their different ways.

With my son, i did the Harmony test and it was very new and needed to be sent to the US.   The one I did yesterday, is by Genea and tested here in Sydney.  Half the cost too thankfully.

hoolio - not sure what will be causing that sensation.  I know later in pregnancy, lying in certain positions can have that effect but it's a bit early.  Definitely mention to your midwife or OB.

#70 nimble

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

So... I got my NIPT resultsin 2 days!!  Wasn't expecting that.  All low risk, and it's another boy......

#71 Carrietarool

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

Oh wow nimble thats so quick!!! Congratulations on a little boy! Wonderful news that its all low risk too, what a relief and another step closer :) :)
I hope my results are in by the end of the week, feeling anxious about it all!

#72 *bright*

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hurrah Nimble!!! So happy for you! How old is your other son? Mine is 4 :)

Carrie hope your results come in super fast as well!

#73 Mingles

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

Sorry for being MIA, just got a bit lazy with things to be honest. But so glad to check back in and see all is going well!

Nimble, you scared me to death when first reading about your MC scare! So happy for you that it's all looking really positive now! Congrats on baby boy! Remind, do you just have the one DS now? Any names yet?

AFM 10.3 weeks now, NIPT test tomorrow eep... we do get a quick scan with that which I cannot wait for!!!

Welcome new comers!! I'm so excited about your twins Lea!

#74 Carrietarool

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

hope all goes well for your scan and NIPT test tomorrow Mingles!!

im so jealous you get a scan with yours too, I had none with mine last friday and the waiting between scans and test results combined with the drop in my morning sickness the last week or so is really messing with my anxiety these last few days :(  I feel very on edge and negative. Feeling like i imagined the whole thing. Im 12 weeks tomorrow and tuesdays scan cannot come fast enough. Im thinking I wont get the NIPT results till I see OB on tues, I called his office today, results werent in yet and hes at the hospital doing surgeries all tomorrow so doubt I'll hear anything before the weekend.

Sorry for all the venting, almost nobody knows Im pregnant still so this is my safe space....DH is the total opposite of me, i always expect the worst and he always expects the best until proven wrong. Wish I could be so positive!!

Just breath, just breath!

Ollie I hope your scan went well today!

#75 OllieJ83

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Carrie, my scan was amazing!! I was a nervous wreck beforehand and burst into tears as soon as I saw the hb, nice and strong at 151bpm 😍😍
Baby also measured 12 w 3d instead of 11w 6d like we thought so my dd has been moved from the 16 to the 12/2. Everything looks great and buns is very active, got some really cute pics 😊 And coincidentally yesterday was the first day I hadn't felt sick, except at night so hopefully ms is leaving!

Good luck today mingles!

Yay for another boy nimble 😊 I have 4 boys plus 3 step sons, so likely I'll have another lol

The different ways of testing is confusing. Years ago it was just a scan at 12 weeks and if it came back high risk you could have amniocentesis where as this time I got the choice of just a scan or a scan and bt. So I'm not really sure what the difference is between that and the harmony test beside being able to find out the gender?
I'm not worried about the results, just happy to see a healthy baby with a hb 😊

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.