Due in March # 3

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

New thread time ladies!

#2 angelskies

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

Anyone else already stressing about telling family? My dad etc are not going to react positively and it's freaking me out!

#3 taters

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

Hi Everyone ☺

This is my first post but I've read these forums for a while now. They are so wonderful and informative.

I am due on 24 March 2018 so I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I am so so excited as this has come after almost 2 years of on/off trying.

It is so great to read other peoples' experiences!

#4 Happybabe

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

angelskies - Why do you think that your dad won't be happy for you? Please dont let anyone (family or otherwise) take away the joy you're feeling.

Today my Dr left a voicemail which I couldn't check until after hours. She mentioned that my urine results were in and "something needs to be done about it" and to call her back. Now I'm going to spend all night wondering/worrying what it could be. Does anyone have an idea..?

#5 Palm tree

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

Happybabe, I was called in about my urine test results I had a UTI. My doc said they don't normally treat that type of UTI if your not preg because it's no big deal but if your preg it's treated with 5 days of antibiotics.

Edited by Palm tree, 27 July 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#6 Happybabe

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Thanks Palm tree I hope its something like this then.

#7 angelskies

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

each of my kids announcements has sadly had lots of negative comments about how will I cope etc

#8 stace_wa

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

Hi guys, I'm jumping in here briefly since April isn't open yet. Currently 12dpo and I got my first bfp at 10dpo. I got my hcg results from yesterday and they are 27, so positive just, but not very high. I had mc at 5 weeks last month so hoping we see a good rise before my next test on Tuesday. If this one sticks it will have an EDD of 8/4/18

How is everyone going in here?

#9 megwyn

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Having my first scan on Monday. I hope to see 1 in the right place.  I'm working on 11/3 as my edd but after Monday well see. Three episodes of ms but I'm nauseous a lot and crampy a lot. Worried and hoping Monday will help me believe it.  My hcg last Friday was 37800 almost 8 weeks by fertility friend so id be interested in what it's done but I doubt I'll get another test

#10 svendenhowser

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

View Poststace_wa, on 28 July 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Hi guys, I'm jumping in here briefly since April isn't open

How is everyone going in here?

Hey stace! Nice to see you here!! I've been following you in TTC for a while *stalker alert*! Hope you have a nice smooth and boring 8 months :)

Megwyn - it will feel a whole lot more real once you have your dating scan :) hope it all goes well! I still have to wait another week, boo..

#11 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

angelskies I wouldn't be telling anyone who wasn't going to be happy for me - family or not.

I had my dating scan on Saturday, measuring at 6w2d so a bit behind where I thought I was, but looking at when we dtd and when I ovulated I think that's probably a bit behind where it should be. Will see what the next 6 weeks bring until the next scan!

Does anyone have to go back to the doc with the results of the dating scan? I kind of feel like it's a waste of time considering she told me the hb and the measurements... what else is the doctor going to say?

We haven't told anyone yet about this little bean, I think I might tell my parents tonight when they drop DS off. Still doesn't seem real - but that might be because we haven't told anyone!

#12 ~9YearsLater

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Happygolucky, I'm going back to the Dr because I need a referral to midwife group care which he couldn't do earlier without an EDD. Plus I'm going to get my referral for 12 week scan and early OGTT so I don't need to see him till my next bloods.

#13 lea89

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

Hi everyone.

I had my dating scan on Saturday at 7w 4d.. Turns out my gp suspicions we're right.. I am having twins! So she has advised me that most twins pregnancy don't make it past the 37 week mark(20th Feb for me). So I'll be both in the February and March forum.
Just want to wish everyone a safe journey for their pregnancy too 😝😝

Edited by lea89, 31 July 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#14 megwyn

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

1 in the right place with a solid strong heartbeat. Now to get through another 4 weeks before I tell all and sundry (tools parents and siblings tonight). And before I see the little one again. Fx it is all smooth sailing

#15 megwyn

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

Wow lea89! Incredible!

#16 Happybabe

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Congratulations lea89!
Happygolickyinoz, yes I also went back to the gp after my dating scan for a referral to my obs and further info.
Palm tree, you were right about my test results, I have a high white blood cell count and are now on antibiotics, it's not an infection but I'm taking them as precaution in case it does eventuate. Thanks for your advice :-)

#17 happygoluckyinoz

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

wow lea89 congratulations!!

So I've got to have repeat bloods in a couple of weeks for the thyroid levels so might just wait to see the doctor and go after I've had that done. I don't think there is any rush for any referrals as I'm going public this time. Can get the referral for the 12 week scan at the same time.

Told my parents yesterday, they were over the moon! Was a total shock to them, they were convinced we wouldn't have any more children which I find funny - wonder why they thought we were keeping all DS's baby stuff?! Lol.

#18 Palm tree

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

That's good to hear happybabe.

Congratulations lea89.

Does anyone else get insomnia very vivid dreams and nightmares during pregnancy? Have you found anything that helps? It seems to have started much earlier for me this time which is a bugger. Last preg at least I could catch up by having a nap. This preg I'm probably not going to be so lucky as ds 5 months is not cooperative  at all with that idea. Some how he knows even if i lay down in a different room while hes have a nap and wakes up straight away and screams.

#19 megwyn

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

I've always dreamt quite vividly so I wouldn't say that pregnancy has changed that. I think it has changed the content somewhat.

#20 Happybabe

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

How is everyone feeling lately? My nausea has ceased which is wonderful however now I worry as how do I know I'm still preg?! Still have 2 weeks to go until the next scan so just have to wait and trust all is ok!

#21 angelskies

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Had my first scan today so reassuring to see that lil heartbeat and everything going swimmingly!! Had a no nausea day on Sunday n just about freaked course my body made up for it today but the anxiety is huge at times!

#22 Happybabe

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Oh that's great news angelskies! How far along are you?

#23 angelskies

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

7 weeks + 3 according to the scan which is a week less then the hcg estimated? Guessing it will at the dating scan end up slightly in between both of those dates lol

#24 angelskies

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Got the harmony test soon a lil wigged by the reports of false positives with it though!! =( anyone else getting it done?

#25 HKT2017

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

View Postangelskies, on 16 August 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Got the harmony test soon a lil wigged by the reports of false positives with it though!! =( anyone else getting it done?

I had my bloods done for the NEST NIPT (different brand to the harmony test) yesterday. Hanging out already for the results!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.