Due in April # 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#26 stace_wa

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

Argh! My bloods aren't in. Going to have to wait until tomorrow. I am so not sleeping tonight...

How has everyone been today?

#27 betsy1211

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Oh that's terrible Stace! I'd be on edge as well.

Teah - Fingers crossed for you for Thursday.  It's perfectly understandable that you're worried.  

Tomorrow I have to find out if I need to go back to my doc to get a referral for the OB... who is also my FS.  Hoping that because I went through him for the IVF I can just slide straight over.  I don't really have a regular doctor as I'm rarely sick so just go to the local medical centre.  I probably should find someone I like!!

#28 Inexperienced

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Hi! I'm finally joining you ladies. Im 4 weeks 4 days today. It's my first so im overwhelmed and probably ask you ladies too many questions.

Saw the gp today to get bloodwork done and she advised to wait a few days before I go for my bloods because if my hcg is low I'll most likely need repeat bloods. I'll most likely go Friday or Monday next week.

I don't really have many symptoms besides tender breasts and some lower back pain.

#29 tiffanyashdown

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hi everyone - new to the group. hCG 54 today and roughly 3 weeks

#30 Teah

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

Argh how annoying Stace!keep us posted.
Thanks Betsy.
Welcome inexperienced & Tiffany.

I'm super nervous! Can't wait for the first scan!

#31 MrsMad15

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

Good luck everyone waiting on bloods, I hope you get great results.

Afm, 5+1 today and the nausea is here. I feel so tired and sick, not fun at all with a toddler. My husband works overseas so I'm counting down the days for him to come home.

Take care of yourselves ladies x

#32 Inexperienced

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

Hi Tiffany 😊 welcome!!

Mrsmad oh no.. I'm not looking forward to nausea. Hope you get some relief.

I'm a bit concerned that my hcg is rising to slow. I used an ic this morning because I ran out of frer (yes I'm addicted to poas) and I couldn't even make out a proper line... surely by 16dpo I would be getting solid lines on less sensitive tests. I'm scared this one might not be sticky ☹

Edited by Inexperienced, 02 August 2017 - 08:18 AM.

#33 Teah

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

I think I'm in the same boat, tested 11dpo and this morning at 13dpo at 4:30am and 7:50am and lines are not any darker!! May not be a sticky

#34 Teah

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Af is due tomorrow, and I also have OB appt in the morning. See what he says. As for symptoms , not much really. Few cramps little tired sore nipples

#35 stace_wa

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

Sorry to hear Inexperienced and Teah. I hope it works out for you! Everyone reckons the last few weeks of pregnancy are the longest, personally I think the first 12 weeks drag soon much with so much anxiety in them!

MrsMad, sorry your ms is hitting hard already.

Good luck today Betsy! I hope it all goes wool with your Dr.

I'm still waiting for my results, too early here to call them yet.
Pretty much no symptoms at all. I'm a little crampy/twingy bit nothing major, my nipples are more sensitive especially in the evening and I'm so hungry.

#36 stace_wa

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:09 AM

Just got my results! My hcg has risen from 27 last Thursday to 310 on Monday!!!!  Looking very promising!

#37 Teah

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

That's such great news Stace!! That's definitely higher.

I hope my results are like yours

#38 betsy1211

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Woo hoo Stace!  That's fantastic!  

I'm busy checking my phone every 2 minutes to see if I have a missed call..... You know I wasn't stressed about the BT until I saw the nurse this morning for it. Because I went through IVF I need progesterone pessaries and have to take them up to the 13th week.  She woudn't give me anymore "just in case".  Oh that's put the real doubts in me!  I have until 3pm and then I call them if they haven't called me.

Welcome to everyone.  Mrs Mad - I'm not looking forward to the sickness!

#39 MrsMad15

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

So happy for you Stace I was praying for good results!

Sorry to those who are worried about their hcg rising. Power of positive thinking, although I know how worrying it is. I agree with Stace that the first 12 weeks are the longest and most worrying. The 12 week scan can't come soon enough.

I'm feeling so nauseous already. Each day gets slightly worse.. I hope it holds off a bit longer for you ladies, it's truly not fun at all!

#40 hazelnut cookie

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Hi! I'm tentatively jumping in, 5+3 with baby #2, got my bfp a week ago. So far not many symptoms besides tiredness, sore boobs and lower back pain (which was my first symptom last time). Oh, and anxiety! Ha.
I don't think my morning sickness really kicked in until around 7 weeks last time. Have my first dr appt in a week. In the meantime trying to get as much rest as possible whilst chasing after my 2yr old. I also had severe pelvic pain post birth, and I'm already getting spd symptoms from the relaxin, which is unnerving so early!
Good luck to ladies awaiting test results x

Edited by hazelnut cookie, 02 August 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#41 MissTR

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Congrats stace!

Welcome to all the newbies fx for sticky babies all around.

Edited by MissTR, 02 August 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#42 stace_wa

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

View PostMissTR, on 02 August 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

How did you go stace?

Hi MissTR, my results from Monday were 310! So doubling every 27 hours. They had to be over 100 so I am absolutely stoked!

How are you going?

#43 MissTR

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

I'm doing ok currently laying down at doha airport on a stop over, was a bit worried about flying long haul but as it turns out the fatigue comes in handy, i slept for 12 out of the 15 hour flight!!!

#44 Teah

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

Welcome to all newbies and congrats.

So my husband came home and I showed him both tests (10&13dpo) and before I could say anything he said "it's darker" so I think I was over reacting and I'm just over analyzing.

So Basically I won't know if it's going to stick until 6wk scan or if af shows up before hand.

Fingers crossed.

#45 betsy1211

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

HCG is 679! That's D14P5DT... so 19dpo.
Now we have to head back and get more progesterone.  Scan is booked in for 15 August.
Phew!

#46 stace_wa

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

Great news Betsy! Roll on the 15th!

Teah, that's great that DH can see the line getting darker! When is your 6 week scan booked for?

#47 Teah

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

Stace : well I go in tomorrow to see my OBGYN and I'll book it then so it will most likely be around Aug 11th and Aug 17th. I think that's 6wks.

#48 *redhead*

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm 4+4 with baby #2.  Bit of a shock as I'm 42 and my partner and I just thought we'd give it a go to see what happened. Was going to the dr on Monday anyway and had bloods taken. Tests looks like bubs is tracking at about 5 weeks.  Have booked in my first OB appt and need to book my scan in for 6 wks.  So different to the first time around as I didn't have bloods done at all or a scan until 12 weeks.

My DS is 8 and my partner has a 14 year old DD, so it will almost be like my first as I feel like I've forgotten so much! Looking forward to taking the journey with you all!

#49 betsy1211

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

Congratulations redhead!

#50 MissDolly

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

Congratulations redhead, hazlenut cookie, Tiffany, inexperienced - and welcome! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

stace, so pleased to hear your numbers are up, everything is looking good!!

Had my GP appointment and got referral for full bloods and for my OB. I've made my first appointment but it's not until mid September when I'm about 11 weeks. My OB doesn't do a dating scan so I'll just book in for the 12 week scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.