Due in April # 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#51 stace_wa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Welcome and congratulations Redhead and Hazelnut cookie!

How are we all feeling today?

I woke up to boobs that are seriously aching! Not sore to touch yet, but gosh they ache! They got pretty painful with DD but not until much later in the first trimester.

#52 betsy1211

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

Today I'm back to being dizzy.  Which also makes me feels sick.  I have acupuncture tonight though so will ask for some help - I see someone who is a registered nurse and registered midwife.  Her speciality is fertility and pregnancy... Love her because she is so practical.  The only way I can explain it is that she's not a "hippy" but is very much medical / science based.  Now if only I could stay awake until then :)

#53 hazelnut cookie

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

I'm feeling exhausted, and teary. Also my pelvic girdle pains are making a VERY early return, fortunately I had a physio appt booked in a couple of weeks anyway (As I'd never really recovered from my 2yr old's birth). So just trying to take it easy where I can.
I'm still also in slight disbelief! I don't think it'll be real until I've had my dr appt, or until i have a scan.
Hope everyone else is feeling well today!

#54 Teah

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

Update:

So went to ob appt this morning, got bloods taken and apparently should have results later today!! So freakin nervous!! OMG please be a sticky!

Also have a 6wk scan to book in if bloods come back good.

Today is going to kill me.

Today is when af should have arrived. No sign yet.

Hope everyone else is having a better day then mine haha

#55 Inexperienced

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just jumping in to say I started spottiny yesterday which has now become light bleeding.

I think that this one isn't a sticky one ☹

#56 Teah

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

So sorry inexperienced, take care of yourself. Hope you get a sticky soon

#57 stace_wa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

So sorry to hear Inexperienced :(

I hope your sticky one is just around the corner lovely.

#58 MrsMad15

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

So so sorry Inexperienced :( take care of yourself darling xxx

#59 MissTR

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear that inexperienced i hope the bleeding stops and it's false alarm.

Any news teah?

#60 MrsMad15

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

How is everyone going today? My nausea has settled a little thank god. I remember from last time it starts in waves so I'm expecting it to be worse when the next wave comes. But at least I've been able to eat today. Otherwise I'm sooooo tired and just some super mild cramps. All symptoms that I had with DS. Now to get some rest.... zzzzzz

#61 Teah

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Miss TR : nothing yet, I'm stuck to my phone waiting for the phone call!! I'll post as soon as I find out

#62 Bopbop1

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

Oh I'm sorry inexperienced. I hope you're ok.

I am dipping my toe in here and saying hello. I got a + on a hpt yesterday, think it was cd27. Am quite surprised and fingers crossed it sticks. I made a doc appt for the 15th as that was the earliest. Is that too far away do you think and instead just see a random dr? I would want to get a dating scan to double check everything so when does that normally need to be done by?

#63 stace_wa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

Hi Bopbop, congratulations! You should be fine waiting until the 15th. A dating scan is usually done between 6 & 8 weeks. Good luck!

Afm, booked my scan for the 21st! I should be just over 7 weeks then. It's DD's first birthday and party next weekend so we will be very busy in the next week. One more lot of bloods to do tomorrow and I should get the results on Monday next week, should see a rise to over 2000 going by the doubling times so far. Fx!

#64 Teah

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

Ladies what did your blood test come back as on or around 14dpo?? What should I expect? Everything I look up is from 0-750 I'm a bit unsure . TIA

Still waiting to get results

#65 stace_wa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Oh boo to still waiting for results Teah! Mine were 310 at 15dpo this time and 350 at 13dpo with DD. When I did fertility treatment before DD, they wanted to see 100 or higher at around 14dpo, but it's not the number, it's the doubling time that is really important so if it's lower then it's still ok. Anything over 25 is pregnant 😊

Edited by stace_wa, 03 August 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#66 Teah

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Stace, still waiting. Looks like I'll get the call tomorrow now. Fingers crossed ...........it's over 100 and doubles .......!

#67 MrsMad15

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

Teah, mine was 97 at 13 dpo with a doubling of 28 hours. So I guess it would have been around 200ish at 14 dpo. It was 570 at 16 dpo.

#68 Inexperienced

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Hi ladies just popping in to say im having a cp/mc.

I want to thank you for the support and wish you all a happy, healthy and uneventful 9 months! xx

#69 NancyH

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:19 AM

I can't believe I'm already having trouble keeping up lol

Welcome and congratulations to all the newcomers.  

I'm so glad to read about positive hcg results.  I'm getting my results tomorrow when I go see my gp again.  I dont think she is keen to do another test unless the results arent overly promising but I will ask for it either way as I need some reassurance.

Betsy I always have a major dizzy spell just before I find out I'm pregnant and this time wasn't an exception.  I hope your acupuncture session helped.

hazlenut cookie sorry to hear you're having issues with pelvic girdle pain, especially this early on!  I had a friend with similar issues and I know how debilitating it can be.  Hopefully you can get on top of it early and it will make things better.

Teah I hope you get good results today :)

Inexperienced, so sorry to hear your news, I think a few of us here know how you feel.  They say that after a miscarriage you are usually most fertile, so hopefully you get your sticky one soon xx

#70 Teah

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Thanks everyone, I'm still waiting on results! I have a feeling this is not a sticky.
I only have lower back pain. With my dd I didn't have symptoms until 6wks and they stopped at 8wks. But I'm still worried.

#71 stace_wa

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Teah, I don't think the worry about a bub being sticky ever really goes away. I was convinced this cycle would be negative then when I got my 27 hcg, sure it wouldn't stick from there. So far things are looking good, but that's still no guarantee of a good outcome. The waiting is torture!

I really hope your results come through good for you.

#72 betsy1211

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Teah - give them a call if you haven't heard anything by 12.  I called mine right on 3pm the day of my bloods... I wasn't waiting for them to call me!

My dizziness is gone (thanks acupuncture) but now I don't have any symptoms and I'm worried hahahahahahha.  You can't win!!

Happy Friday everyone

#73 Teah

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Stace, still waiting.

Basically it's not about the number it's about the doubling. A girlfriend of mine said she got a 350 and it didn't stick but when she fell pregnant again she got a 120 and that one stuck.

So I guess I won't really know much until 6wk scan unless af arrives prior.

#74 BellaLuna88

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

Hey Ladies! I got my BFP this morning at CD 40! Which has me at 5weeks 5 days due on April 1. I have PCOS though so possible that dates will be a little off.

I have a 15 month old who is still breastfeeding twice a day. No plans to wean at this stage.

I am so excited to be pregnant again. It took nearly 2 years to conceive Bub #1 so I am feeling so blessed to be pregnant again so soon.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

#75 stace_wa

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Welcome and congratulations BellaLuna!

I know how you feel about feeling like #2 is a blessing! We tried for almost 3 years to get DD and tried ovulation induction with no success only to fall pregnant naturally in the end. This time I'm 2 for 2 cycles of ttc (last cycle was unfortunately an early mc)!

Seems like there is a few of us who will have a close age gap for our bubs too! My DD will be 1 on the 13th August so a 19/20 month age gap here 😊

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.