Due in April # 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#76 Teah

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

OK results finally in!!

178 at 14dpo

He said not to bother with second bloods but I'll do it Monday anyways.

And my 6wk or so ultrasound I will book in now for 2wks.

Do fingers crossed!

#77 stace_wa

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

Yay Teah!
Great to hear and a good result too.

I get you on the peace of mind extra test lol good luck!

I am so bored at work today. I'm completely up to date with my stuff so spending far too much time on here.
And I keep burping... Pregnancy is so ladylike lol

#78 hazelnut cookie

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

Congrats BellaLuna! I'm terrible at keeping up with posts, apologies in advance for only sporadically congratulating people! 😐
With my first baby I had some spotting around 6 weeks, so I'm holding my breath a little every time I go to the loo! Although keeping up with a toddler means I have less time to be anxious!
Can I ask though, is it usual to have such frequent blood tests in early weeks or is this something people are doing if you've had previous miscarriages or complications?
Only asking as I don't think I ever knew hcg levels with my first. I guess they were normal at 6 wks so no follow up was needed.

#79 MissTR

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that inexperienced be kind to yourself.

Congrats teah fx for a sticky little bean.

Hazelnut i think it depends on the doctor and your history, some just do 1 to confirm the pregnancy, others do sequential to check viability. The go wanted to see my numbers get to 2000 before booking a scan, she said of it doesn't get over that by 6 weeks there won't be anything to see.

Howdy to all the new arrivals! Looks like it's a busy month!

#80 Teah

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Hazelnut: I have had several mc (maybe that's why)  and am also on clomid. But in saying that this is the first time I have had one to check levels. This is a different doctor to who I had with my daughter so that could be why too.

Is anyone else on here only 4wks like myself?? How far along is everyone?

Booked ultrasound in on August 18th.....

#81 stace_wa

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Hazelnutcookie, it really depends on the Dr and the person. I did early pregnancy monitoring with DD for my own peace of mind with blood tests twice a week until after my scan at over 6 weeks. Last cycle I didn't get a blood test at all, the gp just did a pee test at the surgery and left it at that. This time after my mc last time we ate doing a few lots of bloods. If there is a good rise in today's which is my third lot, that will be all.

Teah, I'm 4+5 weeks, 5 weeks in Sunday and have my scan booked for the 21St when I'll be 7 weeks. I could do it a bit earlier, but I live 300km away from where I'm getting my scan so don't want to go back if they say it's too early to see the heartbeat.

Edited by stace_wa, 04 August 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#82 betsy1211

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

Hazelnut - I went through IVF, so my bloods was through them.  My first scan (15 August) will also be as part of the IVF journey.  I'm looking to use the same doctor though as my OB as well.  So I'm getting a second referral from my GP for the same person.  

Congratulations Teah!  I am 5+1 weeks.

#83 Bopbop1

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Congrats everyone!

Teah - today is meant to be AF so that means i'm only 4 weeks lol, think i'll do another test tm just to see that a line is still there and i'll try not to interpret the darkness of the line lol

#84 Teah

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostBopbop1, on 04 August 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

Congrats everyone!

Teah - today is meant to be AF so that means i'm only 4 weeks lol, think i'll do another test tm just to see that a line is still there and i'll try not to interpret the darkness of the line lol

Well sounds like we are a day apart, af for me was due Thursday. I haven't tested again since Wednesday, but might buy some tomorrow haha I'm so bad......

Good luck

#85 hazelnut cookie

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Ahh. Thanks for your replies, they all make perfect sense 😊 Stace - I hope today's results are what you're hoping for!
I'll be approx 6 weeks on Sunday, my cycles aren't quite clockwork so it'll be a day or so either way.

Edited by hazelnut cookie, 04 August 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#86 Teah

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

How did you go Stace?

Does anyone else just get mild af type feeling at night laying in bad with a bit of lower back ache? I was constantly going to toilet to check for af!

#87 stace_wa

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

Hi Teah,
I've been getting some mild af type cramping and twinges, but in did with DD too. Not so much au night for me, it's during the day.

No results yet. Being in the country it takes until the next day for pathology to get my bloods and work on them. Hopefully Monday 😊 I did a cb digi yesterday morning for a 2-3 weeks and I do one Sunday or Monday and hopefully see 3+ weeks on it.
Have a good weekend ladies!

#88 Teah

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

Good luck for Monday should be good news .

I did a clear blue digital too, at 12 or 13dpo and it said 2-3wks. I'm hoping in a week or so it will be 3+

#89 ezzylouise

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hi ladies :)
I'm erin.
I haven't been on essential baby since I had my last in 2015, and met some lovely ladies so thought I'd jump back in again for this one.
I'm currently 4+2 with #5. I got a very strong pos at 7DPO and at 8DPO my HCG was 51.
So still very early.
I'll go back through the thread and catch up on everything before I post again :)

#90 Teah

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Welcome Erin. Congratulations.

#91 NancyH

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

Congratulations Erin :)

Re: the cramping I've been getting mild cramping pretty much every day, it does make me a little paranoid but trying to stay positive.

I got my results today, I got them done on Tuesday when I was 5 weeks and I was at over 12,000.  Now i'm nervous because it seems a bit high, but just going to try to ignore that thought. I got my referral for my dating scan so I'll book in for about 2 weeks.

Edited by NancyH, 06 August 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#92 MrsMad15

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

Welcome Erin and congratulations!

Teah I've been getting mild AF type cramping too both during the day and at night in bed. I remember it was really bad with DS at around 6 weeks and I'd have to lie down. There's a lot of stretching happing in there. As long as it's not super unbearable and no blood it's normal.

Anyone else's symptoms come and go? I was feeling so nauseous a few days ago and now nothing. Slightly disconcerting!

#93 Teah

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

Mrsmad: my symptoms are usually more noticeable at the end of day. Morning I don't feel pregnant. I don't have many symptoms anyways, bit I am only 4wks 3days.

With dd I only felt symptoms between 6-8wks. I was lucky I guess but just made me more paranoid

#94 MrsMad15

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Teah, I seem to be the same, symptoms more noticeable by the end of the day. Maybe because I'm more tired. Also noticing super painful letdowns while BFing, like SO painful. But I'm down to only two feeds a day now. DS is 12 months in a week so I'll wean completely after that.

I sort of remember symptoms came and went with DS. Who knows!

#95 MissTR

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

Yes my symptoms have got a lot less this last few days, only really burping if i get really hungry, i can't tell what's fatigue and what's jetlag I'm just sleepy all the time.   I've been getting tje af type cramps on and off too, I've had a bit of spotting the last couple of days, it really makes me worry so I'm trying to rest more.

#96 NancyH

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

MissTR:  If the spotting has not increased it sounds like it's nothing,  although I can understand your concern.  And you're right to take it easy.  Hopefully it lets up soon.

#97 MrsMad15

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:11 AM

Miss TR how's the spotting today? I hope it has stopped for you. Spotting can be very normal in early pregnancy so try not to worry.

Morning sickness is here for me. Vomiting this morning and I just have no appetite :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.