Due in April # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

New thread time lovely ladies  :)

#2 Teah

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

I don't feel pregnant today and it's freaking me out.

Yesterday afternoon I got these sever sharp pains, hot sweats and felt like I wanted to throw up! it felt like I needed to go to the toilet. I think they were from constipation. Once I went I felt fine but the pain was horrible for 20min or so. Sorry TMI.

Now I'm scared because ever since then I don't feel pregnant. I know this sounds silly.

No bleeding yet though.

I will try and get bloods done again today too.

Edited by Teah, 07 August 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#3 stace_wa

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

MissTR how are you today? I hope the spotting had stopped. Even knowing it's really common in early pregnancy, it's still awful and nerve wracking when it happens.

I don't feel pregnant either Teah, I haven't really at all yet.

My boobs are still on and off tender and I bit of mild nausea, but that's it. Although I did absolutely crash yesterday and had to have a nap in the couch while DD had hey arvo nap lol

#4 Bopbop1

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

I have literally had no symptoms either - i would have no idea except for the test that i took and no af so to me it's a waiting game.

oh except i got off the couch weirdly (twice) and had a sharp pain in my abdomen but i don't think that counts lol

#5 hazelnut cookie

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

I'm around 6 weeks now and don't feel pregnant either. I'm exhausted, but that could easily be attributed to my toddler's early morning wake ups!!
I had spotting with my first and it was scary but it's way more common that you think - hopefully its all ok TR
I have my first dr appt on Wednesday, I think I'll ask for a dating scan just to put my mind at ease that something is happening!

#6 Teah

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

You girls make me feel so much better. Just went and got my second bloods taken and lady could see I was a little distressed so she put an urgent sticker on it haha hopefully I'll know late afternoon.

Misstr how's it all going, I do hear lots of women get spotting and it's actually very normal. Hope it's the same for you

#7 MrsMad15

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

I just had a few good days of not feeling pregnant at all! Then today my symptoms are back. I think it's normal to feel up and down with symptoms this early. I remember I felt like this with DS too. I can't help but worrying though!

#8 betsy1211

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

I don't feel pregnant at all - totally agree that it's incredibly worrying!  I've still got another week before my first scan too.  I'm reassuring myself by saying it's only week 5.... still plenty more weeks to go.

#9 NancyH

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

I think we're all feeling the same.  I am getting paranoid because I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and dont really have any morning sickness, it's unsual for me, i usually start feeling it around 5 weeks and its pretty strong around 6, with vomitting etc.  Not that I really want morning sickness, just the reassurance part.  But my levels were good so I guess that's something, but the paranoia won't go away.

#10 Teah

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

Everything I read says this is very normal and going by my pregnancy with DD, I didn't feel anything till wk 6 and then at wk8 I remember going to doctor and saying I don't feel pregnant anymore!! So it's normal but I think I also worry more because I have had many pregnancies ending in mc.

My levels at 14dpo were 178
So what should I expect today at 18dpo?
Over 1000? Atleast ?.

What did everyone else get at around that point ?

#11 hazelnut cookie

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

I think for me this time around too I'm busier, and have less time to focus on 'symptoms' or lack thereof! I know I went for a dating scan around 6 wks last time and morning sickness kicked in closer to 7 weeks.
I'm sure once I'm feeling terrible I'll have to remind myself how I wanted to feel something 😂

#12 NancyH

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

Teah if you double around every second day it should be around 700.  There are also online calculators for levels to check how they are going.

I was over 12000 at around 21 dpo, but i would consider that very high.  I certainly wasn't anywhere near that when I've previously checked my levels.  There are huge variations for normal so as long as its going in the right directly and doubling around every couple of days I wouldnt be concerned :)

#13 stace_wa

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

I am so tired today! I have no idea how I'm going to deal with work tomorrow and Wednesday. We are also doing a day trip 300km away on Thursday to do or tax and buy what we need for DDs party on Saturday, Friday is a massive clean, decorate and cook for the party and then the party with family staying with us on the weekend as well and trying to hide my pregnancy from everyone at DD's first birthday... Going to be a fun week...

Teah, you still have to let us know when you get your results! Hoping for a good rise for you ☺

#14 betsy1211

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

Teah I was about 700 at that time and the doc was very happy.

#15 Teah

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

Thanks I will definitely let you know.
So my 178 on Thursday morning should be around 1400 today? If I count Thursday then it's been 4days since first bloods.  Have I got that right?

#16 Teah

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

Good luck with DD party on the weekend, that will definitely keep your mind of things.

#17 betsy1211

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

Hi Teah - I believe it doubles every second day.  So Saturday it would have been around 350, and today around 700.

#18 Teah

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

OK results in and it was over 800!! My brain Shut off once he said 8, lol so it's all good. He was very happy with the rise.

Thank goodness ......

Fingers crossed for scan on 18th I'll be 6wks 1day

#19 NancyH

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Glad your levels are going well Teah :)  

Stace: You have a lot on your plate, combined with pregnancy exhaustion I can understand your concern.  But if you're anything like me you'll plod along and do fine, but then just collapse at the end of the day and fall asleep on a couch at some ridiculously early hour lol

#20 MrsMad15

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

Teah awesome results! Pretty much exactly what mine were for this pregnancy and with DS.

Stace, take it easy lovely xx

I hope everyone continues to feel good, my MS has been horrific today and it's not fun with a toddler. It's hit me really early this time, I didn't have any vomiting with DS until 7-8 weeks.

#21 stace_wa

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Great results Teah!

I had the best 2 hour nap this arvo while DD napped, just what I needed.

And my blood results from Friday are in 2310!! Up from 310 on Monday last week. Excellent!

#22 MissTR

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

Great results teah and stace! All the little things are reassuring. I dont feel pregnant either most of the time, then i got up this morning and my boobs had grown overnight so there's something happening.

I've got a bit of spotting again today it's unnerving, I know it can be normal it's just the worry because of previous mc. I'm overseas too so it doesn't help that i can't pop down to the doc and ask.

#23 Teah

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

Thanks girls I can sleep well tonight and I'll try not to stress too much

MissTR when do you get back from overseas?

#24 MissTR

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

On the 20th, dating scan booked on the 24th, it seems like an eternity away

#25 ms_motchy

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Hi everyone! Thought I'd join cautiously after getting my blood test results this afternoon - HCG within normal range. I'm 4-5 weeks - not too sure as I ovulated pretty late this cycle. Can't wait to confirm how far along I am via a dating scan.

I have a 16 month old DD who is still breastfeeding 1-2 times a day and I plan to wean off completely by 18 months. DD and Baby #2 will be exactly 2 years apart if all goes well with this pregnancy!

I was a part of the April 2016 DIG and I look forward to welcoming another April bubba! *Fingers crossed*

Looking forward to knowing you all and here's hoping that everyone's pregnancy will be very uneventful. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.