Exersize, fitness and nutrition during pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stace_wa

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi ladies,

How are you all going with your fitness in this early stage of pregnancy?

#2 stace_wa

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

I'm a bigger mum. At the start of my pregnancy with DD I was 102 kg and had lost 18 kgs that year before falling pregnant. Unfortunately I.haven't got back to that yet since DD and I'm starting this one at 110kg. I can't go over 120kg during this pregnancy or they won't let me deliver at my regional hospital of choice and I'll have to go the city 600km away which will suck. In trying to walk more and eat better, but I am going to have to be really careful not to put too much on this time and if possible even lose some weight. I don't look as big as I am, but it goes off bmi so I'm stuck with that.

I'm hoping you ladies can help me keep myself on track 😉

#3 betsy1211

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Hi Stace, I'm bigger as well. Unfortunately no exercise for me just yet.... with the IVF and needing to take progesterone I've had to give up my morning walks. The best I can do until about week 8 is to eat well.
I do love walking though and it helps my back (had spinal surgery a few years ago). I'll be excited to get back into it.

#4 NancyH

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

I gain heaps during pregnancy (around 25-30kgs) but thankfully I have managed to lose it all except for the last 10 kgs.  Its so hard as all I need to do is smell food and I gain weight!  I also dont cope with the morning sickness very well, and just end up eating whatever makes me feel better, often it involves sugar and carbs, so it doesnt help with keeping the weight off.  I am trying to make more healthy choices, but even during my last pregnancy I think I was eating quite well but it didn't help much.

As for exercise its very difficult atm.  I am currently homeschooling my 6 year old and he avoids work like the plague, so it takes a lot longer than it needs to.  I am hoping we can get out and about when the weather is better, but with a 2 & 6 year old I'm a bit hesitant because they can feed off eachother and be hyper.  Its not so bad at a park, but not sure how comfortable I'll feel going for a walk.  I guess I'll see in about a month or so when the weather gets better, but other than that possibility I can't see any exercise happening.

#5 KhakiScout

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi all.

I just wanted to say that I did my first pregnancy yoga class yesterday. I’m only 11 weeks but I loved it! The ladies in my class ranged from 11 to 32 weeks! I really recommend it to anyone who can fit it into their schedule - it’s a really educational and supportive environment (at least it is at my yoga school). I think it will help me cope with pregnancy and birth in more than just physical ways.

I’m still playing netball too - anyone else want to share how they are managing as we get to the end of the first trimester? x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.